Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Movies that were masterpieces

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Generic soldier

Generic soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:" Everything I feel is in this sword" (Blazer)

Posted 02 May 2015 - 03:38 AM

I finished watching Forest Gump for the second time today, and I absolutely thought it was easily the greatest movie I ever saw. I guess it was the way the story was told in his Point of view, or simply the amazing life he lived, despite his condition. I also loved the quote, "mamma always said life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.Any movies you guys thought were amazing, or simply just plainly enjoyed?   

#2 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:42 AM

The Lord of the Rings trilogy is absolutely fantastic. They had to cut a lot of what the books had in them, and still managed to recreate an epic adventure. They've been my favorite movies for a long time now, and I don't think that will change any time soon.

Another one I absolutely love is Emperor's New Groove. It's just hilarious. I don't watch it too much anymore, but every time I do it makes me laugh. Even though I know every joke they're still funny, and that is what's important to comedy.

#3 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:57 AM

I like the Emperor's New Groove too.

As far as stories go I feel that movies usually aren't long enough for the most part for me to be satisfied with any of them.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#4 Candy

Candy

Bishoujo Senshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:33 AM

I am just taking this as a favourite films sort of thread

Well, I'm a big Tarantino fan and think all of his movies are amazing - my favourite would be Inglourious Basterds.

Other movies I really love re-watching:

Love Actually - cute movie and I love how all the characters stories intertwine

Inception - cos just epic

The Princess Bride - funny, lighthearted

Iron Man - BECAUSE TONY STARK

The Avengers - same as above, also Chris Evans is my husband (see current avatar)

Mulan - favourite Disney film, different and hilarious

aaaaaaaaand

FIGHT CLUB - if you've seen this then you'll know it only gets better the second time you watch

#5 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:11 AM

Fight Club continues to get better the more times you watch it. I can't believe I didn't think of that.

#6 Candy

Candy

Bishoujo Senshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:47 AM

Fight Club continues to get better the more times you watch it. I can't believe I didn't think of that.

BOOM I told you so. After you see the ending you realise everything and you're like OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and then when you watch it again it's so much better because you get it. No spoilers here guys - go watch it. Seriously Brad Pitt is amazing in that film.

#7 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:21 AM

Shutter Island - I find it's a more mystery-laden version of Fight Club.  DiCaprio is an excellent actor, the colour schemes are brilliant, and it takes many, many viewings to appreciate all the subtle things Scorsese does in cinematography to hint at the mind screw of an ending (heck, most of the things people complain about such as saturated light actually make perfect sense on more viewings).  I find myself loving this film the more I watch it (where I typically find more holes and issues with the movie on repeating viewings).

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - There's an excellent reason people site it again and again.  And again.  And again...

2001: A Space Odyssey - This is probably Kubrick and his Kubrick-est.  Insane detail, great story, and an ending I would argue actually makes sense despite what others tell you.

12 Angry Men - One of the best written movies from start to finish. 

The Usual Suspects - Not perfect but really close to it.  Excellent characters and a movie that certainly gets better on repeated viewings.

No Country for Old Men - There are so many instances of minimalism at its best.  A really intense atmosphere and some terrific characters.

The Shawshank Redemption - I don't think it's the best movie ever as the IMDb would ask you to believe but it's well done in almost every regard.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#8 Queenie

Queenie

The french flying toast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:a lot of things :P

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:02 PM

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - There's an excellent reason people site it again and again.  And again.  And again...

love this movie too, it was so hilarious.

Well I have a lot of Movies I enjoyed a Lot.

The fifth Element - probably one of the best movies ever, Chris Tucker as Ruby Rhod is a very good comic relief and the movie is very bright and well written (and Thanks to Moebius, without him, the decor and the world of the movie would be not like that)

Asterix and Obelix Mission Cleopatre - The BEST live movie of Asterix, a French-Belgium gallic hero, it's a french movie but it is excellent, it is an adapation but a very good one, the film was only In french for the moment, I guess. but if you can see it, just GO! (yes In France we have good movies too)

Treasure Planet - The relationship between Jim and Silver ♥ This Disney, how amazing <3 

But there's too much movies I enjoyed, i can't put all of them

#9 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:55 PM

There's a few I had in mind that were already mentioned, like Shawshank, Forrest Gump, and The Usual Suspects, so I'll add some others.

The Green Mile - Honestly, this film is a fantastic watch. The way it begins, develops and takes its time almost feels like the passage of time they feel. The characters are played fantastically, and it's quite an emotional film, I think it's the only time I cried watching something.

Apocalypse Now - It's brutal, vivid, dark, dehumanising, horrifying. It's war - and no film showed this side better than here. An absolute masterclass in film, and quite possibly one of, if not the best, films I've seen.

#10 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:42 PM

I don't really watch much movies (lack of time, interest, short attention span, etc.) so I think I might treat this thread like a "list of potential movies to watch based on others' comments" instead of something I'll actually contribute to lolol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#11 Queenie

Queenie

The french flying toast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:a lot of things :P

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:10 PM

Our cinematographic cultures are differents, it's still nice to share it

0 user(s) are reading this topic