Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Is SMTxFE too "anime" for you?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: SMTxFE General Style (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Is SMTxFE too "anime" for you? (Art style, music, design)

1. Yeah, totally. It just isn't for me. (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. It's not terrible, but it's a little bit too much for my tastes. (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

3. Nah, not really. It's tolerable/I'm indifferent. (4 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

4. Nope, not at all. I actually kinda like it. (3 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

5. Are you crazy? Nothing can ever be too "anime"! This is like, the best thing ever! (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:15 PM

As the topic suggests. If so, what really bothers you the most? What elements do you like about it, if any?

For instance, is it the character designs? The fan service? the straight-up anime cutscenes? The over-the-top animations? :o Discuss/comment on others opinions too~

EDIT: Also, I made voting public for the lulz, but if you don't like your opinion being shared, then let me know and perhaps I'll change it. XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 V'ren

V'ren

[Dongers Intensifies]

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:ur mum ecksDEEEEEE

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:24 PM

I'm fine with super animu games, my only quarrel with SMTxFE is that it's honestly just looking like another Persona game with a Tiki cameo thrown in from what I've seen so far.

If you train your already good sense of proportion and get a better sense of shading and coloring... ...you really have great odds of being the next great customer around this forums and even FEND, congrats. :3

#3 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:30 PM

The only "anime" thing that really pisses me off about it is high school being shoved into everything. (even if this problem is by no means limited to Japanese media)

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:21 AM

I'm fine with super animu games, my only quarrel with SMTxFE is that it's honestly just looking like another Persona game with a Tiki cameo thrown in from what I've seen so far.

haha, perhaps you should view our trailer analysis. (Or you can view GameXPlain's lengthier one.) It's actually a lot deeper than just a Persona game with one Tiki cameo, though I'll admit it's definitely looking closer to Persona and SMT Devil Survivor than anything FE related. But since it's ATLUS developing the game (and I think the director is the guy who worked on the SMT DS series), and SMT is seemingly the core of the game (SMT is first in SMTxFE, if that means anything) this shouldn't be toooooo surprising, hopefully

The only "anime" thing that really pisses me off about it is high school being shoved into everything. (even if this problem is by no means limited to Japanese media)

lol yeah that's understandable, I think it's just the most relatable* for gamers or something, people are either going through it or have gone through it, it's been done a lot before so there's a lot to reference, etc., if it's not that they'd have to do a setting like college or an actual workplace (gasp) if they wanted to have characters interact frequently in real life, and those two might be harder and not as relatable, so eh... can't really disagree that the HS theme is getting old though lol, some do it really well, but meh

*not a word, I know, whatever

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:57 AM

There's some college anime around, like Golden Time, Moyashimon, and...um...and um...um...uh....ugh nothing else comes to mind.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:05 AM

yeah the only one I could think of was Golden Time myself, and I didn't like that one for some reasons

indeed though

is the word relateable

did I really just spell it wrong all this time

man that is such a derp, especially for someone like me who is usually pretty freaking on top of things with his spelling (not bragging here, I just don't like misspelling things, and have always been a bit above average at spelling >_>)

welp, at least now I know

ugh can't believe it... *is ashamed in self*

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:13 AM

apparently not

https://www.google.c...=utf-8&oe=utf-8

honestly I can never really remember and usually let my spellcheck handle it

it looks like a weird word either way

#8 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:43 AM

While the game is really "anime", I'm fine with it since the game is trying to be more separate from FE and SMT than what people originally believe and it's pretty effective. I hope it won't turn into pretty much a Persona clone since it shows that it has more to it then it looks. I'm actually looking forward to the game, the analysis we did helped that out quite a bit.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#9 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:18 AM

I'm fine with the design so far personally. I'd really like to see intelligent systems get their hands in it a bit more, but I also trust Atlus to know what they're doing with an rpg. Even if it isn't a crossover so much as a hat tip to both series I think it'll be a solid game with a lot to offer.

#10 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:13 AM

apparently not

https://www.google.c...=utf-8&oe=utf-8

honestly I can never really remember and usually let my spellcheck handle it

it looks like a weird word either way

lol well dang you Firefox's spellcheck for being weird and stuff, I don't even know >_>;

While the game is really "anime", I'm fine with it since the game is trying to be more separate from FE and SMT than what people originally believe and it's pretty effective. I hope it won't turn into pretty much a Persona clone since it shows that it has more to it then it looks. I'm actually looking forward to the game, the analysis we did helped that out quite a bit.

yeah I mean I'm fine with it I just kiiinda wish the bikini-like outfits weren't really a thing since they don't feel like they're necessary/add to it at all, otherwise I'm excited

I'm fine with the design so far personally. I'd really like to see intelligent systems get their hands in it a bit more, but I also trust Atlus to know what they're doing with an rpg. Even if it isn't a crossover so much as a hat tip to both series I think it'll be a solid game with a lot to offer.

yeah I don't think that's going to happen haha, seems like in general they aren't really doing anything with development and just had some insight into the planning stages of the game (if that). I think the crossover thing comes down to definition but I see what you mean and agree in that I also think it'll have quite a bit to offer and make a solid console JRPG in general--not like we've been getting a lot of quality console JRPGs anyhow, especially of decent budget/length. the ones we do get tend to take a while to make too or have some other overbearing flaw(s), it seems >_>; so if the game is solid as a whole, despite whatever minor flaws/drawbacks it's bound to have, I think it'll have an audience lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#11 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:accepting things

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:09 AM

Any anime is too much anime for me these days.

:P
Dave Grohl is rock and roll personified.

Actually a real smart genius man, but I'll never show it.

#12 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:02 PM

Any anime is too much anime for me these days.

:P

OOOH, SHOTS FI-nah that's just like, your tastes, man

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#13 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:accepting things

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:00 AM

OOOH, SHOTS FI-nah that's just like, your tastes, man

Nice reference there, Dude.
Dave Grohl is rock and roll personified.

Actually a real smart genius man, but I'll never show it.

#14 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:40 AM

#ScumbagBlazer

Posted Image

#15 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:53 AM

#ScumbagBlazer

lolol, it's an actual war now, is it

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#16 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:39 AM

New meme boiz

Posted Image

#17 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:25 AM

It's not really too anime for just its own thing, but as an SMTxFE game supposedly-

actually my biggest problem is just the zipper panties. Really WTF.

?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#18 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:26 AM

New meme boiz

you're treading on such thin ice Cero, I'm so close to de-modding your 15 year old scrub self lol

like, this is not spam land, don't go making posts that contain nothing but a single "hashtag" in the first place. your derailing is off the charts

EDIT:

It's not really too anime for just its own thing, but as an SMTxFE game supposedly-

actually my biggest problem is just the zipper panties. Really WTF.

tbh when I voted "It's not terrible, but it's a little bit too much for my tastes" it was pretty much stuff like this that was vaguely in the back of my head or what have you

A couple of the design things are just a tiiiiny bit too much for me lol, I'd be fine with it otherwise, I mean I'm pretty sure I watch more anime than most people here

and I do get why people would think it's something different, but the creators of both SMT and FE are Japanese, and FE is becoming more "anime" (and always had some level of anime-styled art), and the SMT spin-off games have quite a bit of "anime" design/style in them (quotes on "anime" because I'm not really using it in its literal/proper definition, but hopefully everyone gets what I mean), so yeah... it doesn't surprise me too much

I think it'd be cool if at some point there were a completely different take on the crossover that was more like, hardcore traditional FE crossed with a darker SMT game with older less anime-esque character in something like a turn-based RPG, that would just be kind of on the opposite spectrum of an "SMTxFE" crossover, you know? I mean there's so many ways to go about it in general that having expectations was bound to make someone disappointed, lol. they can't make every potential variation of a mix between two games, there's just too many! so they settled for this! XP that's one way to look at it, anyway~

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#19 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:43 AM

My current issue is I saw literally zero FE characters in the gameplay trailer. Granted I haven't played all the FE game so there could have been some and I just didn't know they were Fire Emblem characters.

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#20 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:09 AM

Tiki was pretty recognizable, but no one else was 100% to me. Zipper panties might have been Lyn, and we got some blue haired dude (gee, that narrows it down...) as well as some red haired dude (better than blue hair, maybe?) and... yeah, that's kind of how it went.

?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users