Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Least Favorite Chapters?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Interests:Brunettes<br>Being awesome<br>Meat products

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

Random topic, gogogo!

I know when I play any Fe there's always a chapter or two that I groan when I get to, even if I've beaten it like 30 times. I'll be listing at least one from every game I played all of them, so feel free to do the same! Try to limit it to, like, 1 or 2 per game or something. Or don't. It's all good. Oh, and assume normal mode conditions.

Mine (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

Fe4:

Chapter 7. Fighting off tons of mages when you really aren't capable of doing so. Pretty sure only Julia can reliably tank magic damage, and if you missed her resire tome conversation she can't even fight. I missed it my first playthrough and it was awful.

Also, you pretty much need to rely on Shanan to do mostly everything.

Fe5:

all of them 8x- Dagda's Mansion. Fog of War + corridors with archers and hand axes plus a nigh-invincible boss without crits? No thanks.

Special shoutout to the prison chapters for being stupid.

Fe6:

Whatever chapter it is that you recruit Sophia. Fog of War + desert? UGH.

Fe7:

Night of Farewells. If you don't have any fliers this chapter is a huge pain.

Fe8:

Ghost Ship. Fog of War I'm noticing a trend here and those stupid eyeballs everywhere. Mostly hard mode, though.

Fe9:

Moment of Fate. Just because of the Black Knight fight and it being all luck-based. Redoing the entire chapter for story reasons because Aether didn't activate? Effff that. Nasir is definitely not incentive enough for doing this.

Fe10:

Part 3-2 (or whatever the one you have to kill all those enemies in a fog of war environment in a certain amount of turns is). Why do I have a turn limit? So the guards don't wake up? I mean, I'm killing people anyway, why does that matter!?

Fe11:

Every sidequest because of stupid requirements The Gharnef chapter. Killing Gharnef for Falchion means I have to use Merric like, every playthrough because every other mage is crap in this game (except maybe Lena).

Fe12:

20x. Must've been inspired from Dagda's Mansion. Longbow snipers in tight corridors in fog of war with a meteor throwing boss? Screw you. Granted, in normal mode this chapter isn't that bad, but in lunatic it was a nightmare. Also it's just plain annoying on every difficulty.

Fe13:

The paralogue you recruit Nah. Those walls annoy the crap out of me. Yes you can Mire kill the boss on the first turn but that's moot

Shoutout to Laurent's paralogue for being mind-numbingly annoying on hard mode and above because the ambush spawns make a b-line to destroy every new village instead of fighting you.

user posted image

#2 Nice Middle

Nice Middle

Chancellor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

Most of the chapters in Shadow Dragon.

... The only one I really like in that one is the Epilogue.
QUOTE (Fire Blazer @ Jul 25 2014, 07:59 PM)
I have cero love for you or your shenanigans

QUOTE (Holy Kensai @ May 18 2012, 08:01 PM)
Gotta love how even in fan fiction I'm a badass.

#3 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

Oh god, so many chapters are completely infuriating.

For Fe:6, it's the Law of Sacae chapter where you fight the Djute clan.

Two Nomad Troopers spawning and moving every turn you're inside the ring of tents. Along with a boss with two Brave weapons and an elixir.

If you don't have a high accuracy lance user trained up this chapter can really crush you.

Chapter 11 The Hero of the West is another pain in the ass.
So much can go wrong for this to be ruined. Sometimes Klein doesn't move, sometimes Tate doesn't move, sometimes the fighters that spawn with Echidna go to random spaces depending on our position, sometimes Tate's pegasus knights suicide horribly. You have to achieve so much in 8 turns to not have all the villages get destroyed, along with keeping yourself alive. If this chapter were real I would stab it in the face.

Chapter 20 Sacae. The Fog of War chapter in the castle where Dayan shows up. Especially on Hard Mode. The amount of Sages hiding in the walls with status staves is soul crushing.

Fe:7

The Desert Chapter, I think it's Hector Mode, where Pent is situated in the dead centre of the map. If you've no flier. Might as well not try. (Hard Mode)

Night of Farewells (Chapter 26) on hard Mode. Like CHapter 11 of Fe:6, so much can go wrong in a matter of seconds. You just gotta pray that Jaffar crits/silences his way through everybody.

Fe:8 I've always found Ephraim Route: Chapter 10 to be quite annoying, having to get to Duessel, recruit Cormag, avoid the reinforrcements and not die make it just annoying, not terribly difficult, but one tiny mess up and three mercenaries spike you in the ass.

Fe:9 -Currently replaying, will report back soon-

The chapter where the Black Knight is just stationed on the map (Chapter 8) and you have to reach the boat I found incredibly infuriating. Maybe I just kept getting in his range.

Fe:10 I think it's part 3: chapter 7. The one where you are fighting a ton of Laguz in the Fog of War.

The Micaiah alone chapter where the Black Knight shows up is quite annoying as well

Fe:11 The one where you recruit Minerva.

Fe:13. The desert one, because I left Gaius back at the beginning of the map and then 4 Wyvern Riders spawned once I passed a certain point.
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#4 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

6: Ones that have already been mentioned (Law of Sacae, Arcadia, Hero of Western Isles)

Silencing Darkness was a minor pain the first time round though. Trapstrapstrapsfogofwar

7: Distant Plains is just a long, wet slog at times. Not hard, just tedious. Same with the snow maps.

Battle Before Dawn/the gaiden are a pain at times, the latter especially.

Living Legend is dependent on Pent, especially if you're after Genesis.

8: Ch.14 either route, getting Rennac is annoying without mobile units/L'Arachel/that beserk user.

Ch. 10 can be similar, getting the units is a pain.

9: Black Knight. Shoving the life out of everything in Solo. Great Bridge is just annoying.

10: 3-6/7. Heart of Crimea (stupid bloody AI). THE BRIDGE IS BACK.

13: Para 2 (Anna, please stop trying to die).

#5 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

^That's why I love the Kenneth map in Fe:7, 3/4 of it is Castle, where movement is not impaired.

You just have the initial few turns of impaired movement and then smooth sailing.

The Jerme map however. Ugh.
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#6 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

It's horrendous, and just makes me feel like I'm wasting time.

#7 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:29 AM

I always mix up the rooms. Then realise the people who reached certain rooms don't have a chest key. Then Harken shows up because I failed to open enough doors.

Then I carefully lay a tactical plan full of destruction and chaos right outside the room with Jerme in it. I plan to blow his brains out with a tactical blitzkrieg and attain his Light Brand for mine own services.

Open the door and it's the room with the ****ing Hero in it...

Every time.
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#8 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:35 AM

Haha, and it all takes that much longer because of the snow. Man, I feel slightly annoyed thinking about it.

#9 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:38 AM

Having to play that map and then jump straight into Battle Before Dawn is one of the 7 levels of hell.
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#10 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:50 AM

And then the x. Section from hell.

#11 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:56 AM

I always remember 26x exists right when it's too late to train up a new flier.

I always get atleast 3 people stuck on that one platform that never ever comes back.

99% of the platforms return at some point. Except for that one.
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#12 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

Is that the top one? I never remember, and tend to get caught at least once. I'll always try and train one flier for that crap (and stuff like Pent).

#13 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

Yeah, it's either the top one, or the one parallel to that one section to the right.

I usually train a flier, but for once, the peg sisters failed me completely and I could not be bothered dealing with Heath.

I thought Oswin could carry me through, I forgot about his main weakness; Winding paths.
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#14 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

Yes, Oswin was never very good at moving. I found he tended to either block everyone on the windy paths, or get stranded.

#15 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:23 AM

Oswin is the guy who is late to every party because he spent an extra half hour getting his hair right and 'moisturizing'

That's what always irked me about Fe:6.

Apart from their abysmal growths The knights are always lagging far far behind the rest of your troop as you rush up/down the map to save npcs/villages/that unit you overextended.

The few times I've used Wendy she's been great and Barth has been a good physical wall that one time. Bors is Bors. You get what you pay for.
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#16 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:36 AM

Bors is horrible and doesn't deserve to be used.

Knights always bug me because of the lack of suitable chapters for the most part. When most things are open areas, they suffer so much.

#17 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:44 AM

Fe:6 suffered quite considerably from the only victory condition being "Seize".

Although that game could be even more ****ing annoying if it had defend chapters. I shudder to think of the hordes of enemies they would send after you...

Then and only then would the knights be worth it...
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#18 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:52 AM

Worth their weight in gold. And not Bors' armour, that's probably not even gold leaf.

#19 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:58 AM

Damn bastard with his stupid half smirk.

GET SOME GOOD STATS DAMMIT.

Reminds me of this

http://i.imgur.com/GhZ9w.jpg
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#20 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

Bors has the most punchable face in FE history. It looks malleable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users