Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Awakening #1 in top 5 games of 2013!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:30 AM

too much negative vibes guys

this isn't some crap forum where we go hatin' on the games we're supposed to love. appreciate that FE13 was successful a little more, even if it wasn't THE BEST GAME EVER. Sheesh. At least you'll GET another Fire Emblem game. Without Awakening being as successful as it was, the Fire Emblem series might have died.

l2

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#42 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

I feel 13 did a lot right with mechanics and gameplay, while some of the characters/supports/story were lackluster compared to the past. You'd like to think they improve on this by spending more time on this for the next game, whenever that is.

As for the future of the series, it seems to be a fine line in gaming between 'stale and just like the last one' and 'they've ruined the series, it's nothing like the old ones'.

#43 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (bblues @ Aug 3 2013, 09:16 AM)
I feel 13 did a lot right with mechanics and gameplay

Odd. It felt much more problematic.

The 4 speed difference is way too gamebreaking at levels of 26-30 expected speed. And the pair up mechanic basically removed all strategy but pairing up. Not utilizing it is purely a negative and a self imposed challenge (though fun). Additionally, the entire game's postgame basically comes down to reliably activating random events, since they are so strong and occur so often.

The game would probably be better if they either readjusted the double strike formula or reeled in the stat growth to about 15-20 expected in stats at 20/20, weakened skills, and removed pairing. This isn't even a nostalgia thing, just a fix the game's balance thing.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#44 AbsolutelyTotalSilence

AbsolutelyTotalSilence

Hawk King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Zelda and Metroid among other things. Probably tied with Blazer for "FES member most anticipating a TWEWY appearance at E3". THERE'S STILL HOPE GUYS

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

the weird thing for me is, the skills in Awakening were hugely nerfed from Tellius levels, so it's odd to see people asking that their effects be nerfed more. Unless you mean that they cut the activation rates, which in Awakening were pretty high compared to the rest of the series. (there's even some skills like Vengeance that can fairly easily get 100% activation rates)
Honestly, Awakening wasn't my all-time favorite in the series (probably my 3rd or 4th out of the localized games), but it got a LOT of things right, such as the equipping skills system, the artstyle (not apologizing to anyone, it really does look great) and the recurrence of some neat mechanics from FE2 and 4. Sure, I'm hoping that FE14, whenever that happens, will have some deeper storylines, more balancing and the removal of infinite levelgrinding, but Awakening, love it or not, gave the series actual recognition. (I can discuss Fire Emblem without using the phrase "Well, do you remember Marth from Smash Bros?". You know what I'm talking about.)
click for random quotes (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

Scott: at this point we're going to have iron, steel, and silver vulneraries

Silence: if nyan cats start showing up on my lawn it's your fault
Gold: O_o

jboney93: Not very much, cause girls don't tend to try to sing much higher in pitch than they can talk.
Edmania: clearly you haven't listened to enough japanese pop music

Agent Ryru: For example, you would have a hard time exciting me with a concept for a FPS game
Agent Ryru: But on the other hand even I would have to admit said game could be awesome.
Agent Ryru: Like portal, for example
Agent Ryru: And...
Agent Ryru: ...there must be some other amazing FPS game...
Agent Ryru: Oh right.
Agent Ryru: Portal 2!

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users