Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Snows Gallery

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#1 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

Well I'm a terrible spriter but I picked up mapping some time ago then stopped and now I stared again, I think I'm getting better at least. If you like any of them you can use them as long as you credit me. If anybody could give me any tips I'd really appreciate it.

First Map Ever
x (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
user posted image
This was the first map I made i really didn't get much about mapping at the time. Probably about a year old.

Second Map Ever
user posted image
Probably worse than my first map, I still have trouble finding the right tile to make the path sometimes. I made it around the same time as the one above.

These next ones I stared making this year

Outside Maps
user posted image
I Think this is probably one of my better maps. If it had an objective it'd probably be to warn the village of something.
EDIT: If you've read the descripcion of my charectar for the immortal shrine hack this is where I imagine him living. He trains in the ruins and lives in the fort (yes the fort is supossed to be red). I made this one about a week ago.

Indoor Maps:

user posted image
Some ruins/ old castle. When I made when I made then I was thinking about the ruins in the map above. I made it around the same time the last on in other words about a week.
user posted image
Made this map as my first try at a large castle. I think for my first try it came out pretty good.
EDIT: Changed the height problems and the other things Wolf said (at least I tried)
user posted image
Hopefully I won't I have to change it anymore.

user posted image
New map! smile.gif Hopefully I learned something with that first one. Sorry about the colors but I noticed them like half an hour after I stared and I was to lazy to change it tongue.gif.

user posted image
Probably my best map ever. PERIOD.

Battle Sprites (Just edits no customs)

First edit ever a Lyn remake. Just changed her normal attack.
user posted image
A class I started making when I was in 8th grade, supossed to be shapeshifters.
user posted image

user posted image

Any tips or suggestions?

Edited by Matt Snow, 06 August 2012 - 10:54 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

Not bad but in the second map you have tiles that have grass around the edges in the middle of the paths and it just looks wrong/it isn't meant to be like that.

The first map has a lot of houses (overkill, I wouldn't be patient enough to visit them all) and the last map you actually used some wrong tiles here and there (also we can see the mappy cursor in it, haha... at least, I think it's the mappy cursor).

That's all I feel like saying for now, keep practicing yo.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 Cheshire

Cheshire

Stranger with Candy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Everything Zen

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

I like the third map out of the four.
But overall they look okay. I've tried making maps myself and I can say it's hard work.
Keep at it!
"Boney gets a boney thinking about Chesh's purring cat."

user posted image

#4 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:57 AM

Thanks for the support Blazer & Chesire. New map:
user posted image
It's my first big indoors map so I think it came out pretty good.
Blazer if you don't mind could you tell me which were the wrong tiles I used so I can fix it?

Posted Image
Posted Image
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#5 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:00 AM

The staircase that connects the upper blue area with the other area looks odd. Also, the "sideways door-looking things" like the connections between the lower left room and the lower right room looks out of place. Other than that, it's not too bad!
Posted Image

#6 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:47 PM

UPDATE: I put in some battle sprite edits I made some time ago.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Aura Wolf

Aura Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (Matt Snow @ Jun 22 2012, 09:57 PM)
Thanks for the support Blazer & Chesire. New map:
user posted image

Walls and chests need shading from underneath; use the floor tiles with shading on top. Some need the tiles with shading on top and left (Corners, as well as the tile one right of the chest and one below the wall. Not the staircase).
Pillars need shading from the right.
Some of the walls need to be connected, for they look really awkward at, like the one between the double vertical doors and the wall to the left of the throne.
Height is also a problem. If you go down 1 set of stairs, the wall should reflect that.
For example, if the throne room is at a height of 1 (Just the regular wall) and there's stairs, the room below the stairs should have a height of 2 (Regular wall and some decorative wall stuff).
Carpet's a bit too big IMO. I'd make it smaller...maybe trim one tile wide from the left, the right, and one long for the bottom? Experiment tongue.gif
Last thing is that the map is rather empty in the bottom right portion of the map.
Too lazy and sleepy to critique the others atm.

user posted image

#8 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

I think that those shapeshifters would look better if they didn't have swords to begin with XD (attack animation while weaponless hahaha)
Posted Image

#9 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:50 AM

Posted the castle map with changes. Also Ryoku if I find the sheets I'll take away there swords but I don't know where they are sad.gif I only have the animations.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 fuzz94

fuzz94

Zero, forever and always

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:35 AM

you can use a gif ripper to get the individual frames.

#11 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:42 AM

Thanks Fuzz. Do I have to download it or is it a online program?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 fuzz94

fuzz94

Zero, forever and always

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:12 AM

Download from this smile.gif

#13 Aura Wolf

Aura Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (Aura Wolf @ Jun 26 2012, 07:37 AM)
Walls and chests need shading from underneath; use the floor tiles with shading on top. Some need the tiles with shading on top and left (Corners, as well as the tile one right of the chest and one below the wall. Not the staircase).
Pillars need shading from the right.
Some of the walls need to be connected, for they look really awkward.
Height is also a problem. If you go down 1 set of stairs, the wall should reflect that.
For example, if the throne room is at a height of 1 (Just the regular wall) and there's stairs, the room below the stairs should have a height of 2 (Regular wall and some decorative wall stuff).

Edited for your edit and also this:
- Carpet's still too long (IMO).
- Walls are different heights than the other walls on the same level and room.
- The decorative wall tiles need shading when they're by a corner.
user posted image

#14 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

New Map smile.gif
Supposed to be, NPCs attack for the south while sneak in back and seize throne.
user posted image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

The entire wall with the break in it seems like it was just put there for the sake of putting it there.
Other than that, I denfinetly think that you are improving quite well smile.gif
Posted Image

#16 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

The entire wall with the break in it seems like it was just put there for the sake of putting it there.

Well I kinda try to make the maps with something in mind (in case I ever learn how to hack), like the npc thing, and when I made the map I realized it would take very little time for the NPCs to get there so. I agree It looks Kinda odd so I'll work on it later. Also thanks for the complement biggrin.gif.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Aura Wolf

Aura Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

user posted image

Grass looks tile spammed since I can pick out spots and see the same grass tile used.
Walls next to the big pillar on the right need to have shading. Same for the mini pillar head.
Some floor tiles are missing shading even though they're under and/or to the right of a wall.
The entire horizontal wall with the breakable one needs one more height.
The first decorative of the 3 height wall that's touching the right edge has a tile for that kind of...situation :3
Palette choice wasn't very good IMO since it hurts my eyes a bit thanks to the colors. I'd choose a different castle one.
user posted image

#18 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

Hello, well I stayed up till like 2 (cant get to sleep) making maps so I am going to post them here. Sorry if some of them have mayor mistakes but I sm to tired to find them right now.
NOTE: If I ever learn how to hack I will use some of these map so ask permisson first if you want to use any.

user posted image
Escape map! The mission is to escape or defeat the boss like Hectors first chapter.

user posted image
Make it to the forts at the bottom of the map. Other units (stronger than you) defend the forts and after a while enemy units (stronger than you and the other units) show up in bottom right corner.

user posted image
Save someone mission! Rescue the person who is held in the cell.

user posted image
Make it to the throne. Pretty simple.

user posted image
Defend the throne. Chapter directly after the one above.

user posted image
Take the fort/defeat the boss.

Critis are always welcome and thanks.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

Well hi, I've been having... mappers block? Anyway I tried making a prison map:
user posted image

I can't think of anything to put in it and that's just sad because it so empty sad.gif. I was wondering if anybody could give me advice.

P.S. By prison map I mean like a rescue this unit or an escape chapter.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:52 AM

Well I decided to try splicing, and I started (not counting the one on FEIS) with making a Joshua/Ephriam splice. I put the head on the body easily enough but then I tried to make a custom sword on his back.... I'm not sure if this turned out to well.
This one is the first one I made:
user posted image

This is one I made after that. I thought it looked weird that the sword was just floating so I tried to add a strap on. If you think it looks better without it then please tell me.
user posted image

As always, critique and opinions are appreciated and any tips on splicing as well. Also I can't figure out how to shade things correctly, if anybody has tips on that it would be great that's one of the things I have the most trouble with. Thanks laugh.gif.
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users