Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Income is Coming

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:16 PM

I'm getting a lot of money soon and I plan on getting both a bank account and a debit card that I can use online. I plan on buying premium hosting services. This means the site will have more up time, WAY more space, possibly a few more features, etc., and I also plan on updating the forums if possible (not to IPB, I COULD update to IPB but I don't want to because this forum could possibly die and I don't want to spend that much money on a still growing forum).

In addition I'm thinking of adding Tino as a helper on the mainsite who can fix things, upload things, maybe even add some pages and the such if he gets familiar enough with the layout... It depends on him and the such but he's been a help and he's familiar with lots of this stuff so if he's willing I'd like to give him an FTP account for the mainsite.

In addition I plan on transferring my domain from Register.com to GoDaddy ASAP, I've already lost like $10 but I still have another year with GoDaddy if I transfer now so if I transfer ASAP I should have the FES domain until 2012 or so (and obviously I will renew it again if I need to, by then I should have a better income).

Also I'm officially at the 1/3 mark of me getting a check from google for ad revenues... Which means I can finally be satisfied that I place those ads on the site. ohmy.gif And if this "plan" of Tino and ours works I can also add my OWN advertisements to the forum which means they shouldn't have bad images and I should also gain revenue from those. Meaning more income.

In addition I plan on creating a paypal account and getting a donations page up so people can donate, I'm not sure who would but I'd definitely make use of the money as I can't fund all this shit for very long.

So yeah just putting that out there, my spring break is over but I'm still working my ass off. biggrin.gif

- Blazer

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

Well, I'll be here till the day this place is gone. I have seen this site go thru a lot and I seen it pull togeter (spelling) and get some more life. I can see this site being a top Fire emblem site one day. Remember, the site for serenes has been around for years.

#3 Dath

Dath

The One and Only

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:26 PM

Wohoo! Any news is good news, right?

EmblemBrigadeGreil.png

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

And FES has been around just as long (possibly longer), you don't know the half of this site.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (Fire Blazer @ March 29, 2009 12:28 pm)
And FES has been around just as long (possibly longer), you don't know the half of this site.

ORLY? and how long have it been around?

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:32 PM

At least 4 years, since 2005. I remember FEPlanet, Sealed Sword, and Serenes Forest before it had that domain and before it was like the best Fire Emblem site existent. I also remember FEWorld and some other places. FEND, FEU, FEA, probably FESpritez, possibly FEE weren't existent. I *think* FEO was existent not sure. :\

http://www.freewebs.com/fireemblemshrine/a...ation.html'

That was the FES2. FES1 was also on freewebs but it used a Freewebs template. The reason why I was never as successful as other sites is because I am just a kid who hardly knew anything about computers or websites or anything like that compared to the older people who are admins (I am the youngest admin of a successful site around the whole FE circle...)

And after that came the 50webs era.

http://feshrine.50webs.com/

And the site back then looked like this (since the main page isn't the actual main page)- http://feshrine.50we...ffiliation.html

Then it moved to http://www.feshrine.net

If you are really curious I am making a page on the history on the mainsite. :\

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (Fire Blazer @ March 29, 2009 12:32 pm)
At least 4 years, since 2005.

Serenes has been around since 1st February 2005.

#8 Tino

Tino

Omega Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:58 PM

In addition I'm thinking of adding Tino as a helper on the mainsite who can fix things, upload things, maybe even add some pages and the such if he gets familiar enough with the layout... It depends on him and the such but he's been a help and he's familiar with lots of this stuff so if he's willing I'd like to give him an FTP account for the mainsite.

I'd be more than glad to be a help. I'm honored D:

By the way, I've been thinking about some unique content that might be interesting to be put up on the site. Aside of articles on characters (and then I'm not talking about the articles on Serenes Forest, but articles that are more related to the statistical part of the characters, so you could sort of see those as articles on how useful characters are), I haven't really come up with something, though.

If you really want to give me an FTP account, I'll be working my ass off harder then ever, that's for sure wink.gif

I can see this site being a top Fire emblem site one day.

We're not a top FE site already? Shame on you tongue.gif

And for the other things you said, I've got one word: awesome.

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:07 PM

biggrin.gif I'm mainly just thinking things out right now as I finally collect some money which I haven't had in a while... Thankfully I can always download the forums' database and I can apply that to any Invision forum I might create where as when the site was on Invisionfree I couldn't do that, it's a huge advantage...

Also, I redid the documentation page and added doc on FE6 events, so that's new. ohmy.gif *updates mainsite*

EDIT: Mainsite updated, now I have to fix some other minor problems...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (Tino @ March 29, 2009 12:58 pm)
QUOTE]I can see this site being a top Fire emblem site one day.[/QUOTE]

We're not a top FE site already? Shame on you tongue.gif

And for the other things you said, I've got one word: awesome.

I think we are one of the top Fire Emblem Site but, I mean like the top 5 or 3.

I have grown to this place, I mean really, I am banned on SF because of my brother and I am leaving TU and I am not going on FEP, so I am calling here my home in home.

#11 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:27 PM

OK. And top sites (not including forums) are SF, FEP, FEO, FEE, and FES, from #1 to #5. That's my rating anyway. If there is another site that is better than FES, then maybe that'd be 5th, but I don't know of any Fire Emblem mainsites besides those really... :\

Top sites (forums only) would probably be SF, FEP, FEE, FEU, FES (sprites), FEND, FEB, FES (shrine), everything else.

I don't know how I got so off-topic. >_<

EDIT: My good man Tino added our favicon to the forums as well. I know it's not an amazing favicon but I think it is pretty decent and the red matches and it definitely beats no favicon, so I think it's good. happy.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#12 Rennac

Rennac

Hello.

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:41 PM

That sounds good... only don't screw everyone who is too poor to cough up the premium membership fee please. (ugh.)
Pimp my wyvern.

#13 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (Rennac @ March 29, 2009 07:41 pm)
That sounds good... only don't screw everyone who is too poor to cough up the premium membership fee please. (ugh.)

Not to sound rude but, Who the hell would do that? I think that all the admins and webmaster knows that if they take money the member count would go down like a rock.

#14 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:19 AM

Definitely. Especially since most people here are under 18, and thus no credit card, and most likely would not have a way to pay.

(And yes, I know some people under 18 have paypal and stuff, but I'm generalizing.)
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)
Yeah, that is what we get. Never mess with Kensai. XD

QUOTE (badkiara103)
Who doesn't want to kill a helpless little girl.

The Holy Kensai Fan Club!
Holy Kensai Suzaku Seraph Ryoku Mankut8397 Blazer Oblivion Riadansen Caladbolg Pie

#15 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:14 PM

Wait what? Where the hell did anybody get the idea that anybody would have to pay money? O_O Weird shit...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#16 Rennac

Rennac

Hello.

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:22 PM

Okay then. I'm just paranoid about membership fees. *shudder*
Pimp my wyvern.

#17 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (Rennac @ March 30, 2009 04:22 pm)
Okay then. I'm just paranoid about membership fees. *shudder*

Lol, that's kinda odd >_>, a forum where you need to pay?

#18 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

Yeah wth and where the **** did this idea come from? I said people would be able to donate that is it... O_O Really...

NOBODY WILL HAVE TO PAY MONEY EVER AT ALL

Not on FES, anyway... O_o

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#19 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

Lol, I just don't get how donations = membership >_>

Maybe it was the 'premium hosting services' that got some people worried.

#20 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:25 PM

oh, lol.

No, everything is on me.

Although I plan on buying a Wally Szczerbiak jersey so that means I'll have less money for the site, but I should still be good enough for 6 months...

I was also going to make a shop where you could buy T-shirts for the site and other silly stuff and maybe use Soren's fanart and put that on the shirt XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users