Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Lone's Starting Gallery

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Tsuki-Hime

Tsuki-Hime

Whiney Fucking Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Anime, RP'ing, Sleeping, Eating, Resting..... well I couldn't think of much I'm content not having a social life:P

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:32 AM

Oh my god you stole my work >_> I'm calling the cops and suits to arrest you!

Can't really say how good it is since I don't know how much you used from my corrections, (not that I mind) however the right side of the hair is done a bit iffy.

user posted image
Blue: Iffy part, see original
Green: I'm going to kill you! What did I say about different colors? Use the same border color before I break your bones! (Jk, I hate it when I miss those too >_<)

Whatever you did, you're definetely getting better, so keep it up happy.gif

As for originality, screw it xD Common sense to get the basics down before attempting something which is to "wow" the masses. I don't know about others but I've stuck mainly to altering the face, usually a pre-made body is adequate. Until you get better at least anyway.

As for unnatural, I think Blood might have been referring to the eye in general, not the eye color, if not then his critique is pretty lacking in description. Either way I disagree, the eye looks fine, and the eye color doesn't look too bad. (Yes it would look better in a different color, but so what?)

And if we're complaining about people with red eyes.... well Nino was green hair go whine at the makers that FE characters are unnatural xD

#22 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts
  • Location:On your mom's bed. Under the covers with your mom. Showing off. My glow in the dark watch.

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE (Tsuki-Hime @ November 21, 2009 09:32 pm)
As for originality, screw it xD Common sense to get the basics down before attempting something which is to "wow" the masses. I don't know about others but I've stuck mainly to altering the face, usually a pre-made body is adequate. Until you get better at least anyway.

As for unnatural, I think Blood might have been referring to the eye in general, not the eye color, if not then his critique is pretty lacking in description. Either way I disagree, the eye looks fine, and the eye color doesn't look too bad. (Yes it would look better in a different color, but so what?)

By the eye critique I meant the eye in general, it doesn't flow with the rest of the mug whatsoever.
user posted image

I won't remove this until I have gotten an overkill extermination in Halo MLG.-started August 13, 2010, 8-13-2010 Got it on December 18, 2010! WOOT!
I won't remove this until I get a killtacular in Halo MLG- Started December 29, 2010.
Bloodfalcon22-pokemanzz cnt dye
FELover3- If I beat the shit out of them they do

Rujio -- Cows are more important than anything.
Rujio -- ANYTHING

Blood Falcon -- Hey bblues, are you able to ban the GoogleBot?
bblues -- I don't think so.
Blood Falcon -- Damn, lol.
bblues -- He's above the law : P

QUOTE (Grey_Tensho @ March 10, 2010 04:07 pm)
Bloodfalcon is as crazy over copyright as youtube is lol.

#23 ~Lone~

~Lone~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:28 PM

Well even though most of this probably has a few color errors, I simply did this one just for teh lulz

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

I'm still looking into how to recolor that blue area Tsuki pointed out, but I got that green part done.

These are three drafts I wanted people to judge.

EDIT: Draft 1: Belt done in green so as to not get the belt and hair mixed up.
Draft 2: Done with Karel's eye to give him that sorta "older" aspect to him.
Draft 3: Simply just my original before 1 & 2

lolz. I know it's supposed to be a gallery, but I gotta get my colors right before anything can go on. tongue.gif

EDIT: I know I have to redo the color on his shoulder plate, but I just CAN'T get it coordinated right. sad.gif

#24 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts
  • Location:On your mom's bed. Under the covers with your mom. Showing off. My glow in the dark watch.

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:45 PM

Long hair + Male + armor= suck IMO. Change his hair, right now it doesn't flow with the rest of the mug. Also, the neck shading is bizarre. Take the brown thing on his shirt( not jacket) off, it doesn't look very good and it's kind of random and add some shading to the shirt.
user posted image

I won't remove this until I have gotten an overkill extermination in Halo MLG.-started August 13, 2010, 8-13-2010 Got it on December 18, 2010! WOOT!
I won't remove this until I get a killtacular in Halo MLG- Started December 29, 2010.

Rujio -- ANYTHING

#25 ~Lone~

~Lone~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (Bloodfalcon22 @ November 22, 2009 06:45 pm)
Long hair + Male + armor= suck IMO. Change his hair, right now it doesn't flow with the rest of the mug. Also, the neck shading is bizarre. Take the brown thing on his shirt( not jacket) off, it doesn't look very good and it's kind of random and add some shading to the shirt.

user posted image

Well, I have to agree that the shoulder plate did not go well so I took it out and added Colm's earring, but it seems more....noticable than other earrings I've seen in FE. I didn't like the brown line either so I got rid of it, and tried to add shading because he saw it like I did. tongue.gif

Any OTHER OPINIONS? XD

#26 Eclipse40

Eclipse40

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Spriting, Gaming, Badminton, Soccer, Track and field, watching T.V, camping, Archery.

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:58 AM

Hair shading is inconsistant, it isn't flowing correctly, Tsuki explained that quite well.

The skin tone around his eye is still Karels. It's different than the rest of his face and his neck is using one too many skin tones. I count six, FE mugs use five. How the earring is shaded right now, makes it look like a blob, and why is it positioned there? O.o ouch. You should move it. Oh, and there's this other blob at the end of his ear.

Where his hair meets his jacket lacks shading.

I don't neccesarily like the palette but it's still nice. Much better than my first few mugs. When I first started I did much simpler splices and even then they weren't that clean. You my friend are a very good beginner. smile.gif
user posted image
Hey! YOU!
Look left ------------> This is right. (YOU FAIL)

#27 Kinesthesia

Kinesthesia

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:11 AM

I think the older eye looked better. The one in the original I think? I unno. I'm not a very good uhh... Judge? Idk. I'm sorta new to this too. I guess. >_> ANYWAYS. I think this is a very nice start. Keep at it. o.o
Gimme rice and I'll love you forever.

(Avatar credits go to Shu, thanks man!user posted image

#28 ~Lone~

~Lone~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:42 AM

user posted image

This is the final outcome for a very long time until I get the basics down. The only thing I did was change the earring

If anyone has any touch up suggestions, go ahead. =P

Pixel-by-Pixel editing has me exhausted for a night. XD

EDIT: Yes, I stole Linus' Earring. :/

#29 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:38 AM

The thing around his right shoulder( left side OPV) is either not the same angle as the rest of the body or or it blends in too much.
user posted image

Rujio -- ANYTHING

#30 ~Lone~

~Lone~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:30 AM

user posted image

Very last touch-up of this character for now.

I'd like to thank Ecplise40 for helping touch up the colors. He was very flexible to give me three versions and, from what it looks like, even helped touch up the hair! =P

I think I'm done with this for long while.

#31 Kinesthesia

Kinesthesia

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:35 AM

Wow, turned out nicely. P: Good job.
Gimme rice and I'll love you forever.

(Avatar credits go to Shu, thanks man!user posted image

#32 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:49 AM

Those colors help a lot. I'm think the reds could have worked, they were just too light and "pastelle-y" (yeah I make up words on the spot, so what?)
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#33 ~Lone~

~Lone~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:29 AM

Okay! LAST one this time. PROMISE! XD

I animated it all, just for teh lulz

user posted image

#34 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:55 PM

*blink* *blink*
"blah, blah"
FOR TEH LULZ!

Anyways, those frames work well. And this means it's finished!
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#35 Tsuki-Hime

Tsuki-Hime

Whiney Fucking Bitch

• Members
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Anime, RP'ing, Sleeping, Eating, Resting..... well I couldn't think of much I'm content not having a social life:P

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:33 PM

Hmmm? For teh lulz? Something makes me think you're preparing a hack or planning to participate in one Hmm gee you think? Mug sheet not an obvious enough clue for you? Shut up Tsuki2 not talking to you atm, and yes, we are multiplying xD

Anyway good to know you're in the hands of FESh's best spriter now xD (Well at least I think he is anyway) Turned out really nice, good luck with future works.

#36 Eclipse40

Eclipse40

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Spriting, Gaming, Badminton, Soccer, Track and field, watching T.V, camping, Archery.

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:08 PM

Good Job. smile.gif I told you blinking/talking frames were easy. Glad you like the colors. Tsuki's right, I AM THE BEST you should partcipate in a hack, it's just really cool to see your character in game.
user posted image
Hey! YOU!

#37 ~Lone~

~Lone~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (Eclipse40 @ November 24, 2009 10:08 am)
Good Job. smile.gif I told you blinking/talking frames were easy. Glad you like the colors. Tsuki's right, I AM THE BEST you should partcipate in a hack, it's just really cool to see your character in game.

I would, but I have no idea how to put him in game. If you can help, that'd be great. smile.gif

#38 Eclipse40

Eclipse40

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:32 AM

http://www.feunivers...hp?showforum=46

There's everything you'll ever need to know, Go nuts tongue.gif.
user posted image
Hey! YOU!

#39 Tsuki-Hime

Tsuki-Hime

Whiney Fucking Bitch

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:39 AM

Depends on whether you want to start a hack yourself, or simply join in on one,

Joining one:
-Usually there's an organiser, all you have to do is submit the mugsheet and various tidbits of information they'll request from you. (Name, Class, Affinity, Stats etcetc)

Making one:
-Eh I don't care who disagree's with me but a hack isn't a project you want to start alone IMO. And before people point out the hacks which have been completed, I'd like to point to the pile of hacks that were never finished.
- Either way are you willing to spend countless hours over several months learning and hacking? Since it's definetely not fun for a good portion of the work.

If you just want to replace (example) Lyn in FE7, and change the name, portrait and sprite, you could have it done in less then an hour, (With FEditor and Nightmare)

#40 ~Lone~

~Lone~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:49 AM

Two Updates and two help factor:

1st small update: user posted image (His Basic Sprite....editing his sprite animations is....ball-wracking. =____=....and even now I know there is still much to be done with this.... ._.)

2nd (sorta big) Update: [user posted imageHer name's gonna be Rosaline (Rose for short tongue.gif) (His Wife, folks. And yes, Sohpia was used with Tana's hair [When I finished, I noticed that these two were used in the splicing tutorial I read a while ago XD]) dunno how I would get thath older women look though.

As for my help factors, I just need some help with:

1st: Making a mini-mug for Trace

2nd: Editing with Sophia. I just wanna find a decent body for that spellcaster theme. D:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users