Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

FES Splicing Contest

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Felover3

Felover3

feLURKER

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • Interests:Archery, Guns, Ballroom Dancing, Cooking, Board Games, Magic TCG, Gaming, FE, Lost in Blue.

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:14 PM

Dh did grade you though, I think..after checking...
-------------------------------------
The Legendary Lurker

"When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in someone's eyes and steal whatever the hell life gave them." ~Me

Has a Blazor Favor

#42 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:37 PM

No he didn't because Sentinel submitted after the judging started... I was hoping DH would grade it but he didn't and that isn't his fault so unfortunately The Dark Sentinel will just be disqualified. Sorry man... D:

1st Place: Felover
2nd Place: Destran
3rd Place: Fire Blazer

Time for the next splicing contest, using... Franz, Forde, Kyle, and Seth! If you need the portraits find them on FES here or on FEP here.

I'm finding judges ATM, DH Ninja will probably judge again and I will probably judge and that might be it unless I find a good 3rd judge. I might ask Aya-Tsuki if s/he is still available. ohmy.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#43 Dath

Dath

The One and Only

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:58 PM

I'll judge, I don't really feel like doing a mug right now. xP

EmblemBrigadeGreil.png

#44 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:10 PM

Can you show some qualities or something that make you a good spriter or worthy of the job?

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#45 Dath

Dath

The One and Only

• Veterans
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:14 PM

user posted image

....?

EmblemBrigadeGreil.png

#46 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:55 PM

Is that it? Because it's not really all that special it's just a simple splice, if you want me to state all the errors I can do that.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#47 Dath

Dath

The One and Only

• Veterans
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:48 PM

Err...lol.

Well, I've been spriting for nearly a year, I can point out flaws in a sprite, I know which colors belong to which game, and the fact that you have two judges, including yourself?

EmblemBrigadeGreil.png

#48 Felover3

Felover3

feLURKER

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • Interests:Archery, Guns, Ballroom Dancing, Cooking, Board Games, Magic TCG, Gaming, FE, Lost in Blue.

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:31 PM

I could, look at my last splice, and I believe I showed you Ralph too?

This one isn't for me, FE8 portraits kick my ass.

-------------------------------------
The Legendary Lurker

"When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in someone's eyes and steal whatever the hell life gave them." ~Me

Has a Blazor Favor

#49 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:44 PM

Ralph is pretty legit and the last one was well-made although simple... I'll go with you but I'll ask DH's opinion too on which one of you it should be...

Oh and entries can start.

user posted image

These are small things but crop and transparency are good when submitting a contest entry. ohmy.gif

To start I'm not fond of the colors-- Natalie's hair is still Natalie's hair and Limstella's body is still Limstella's body. From what I see Nino is non-existent or she is included in such a small way that I can barely see it.

Under her right eye are some problems. I see two different skin colors sets that contrast with each other. There are also a few random pixels in there that stick out. To me it seems like there is a bulge of lighter skin and there isn't enough transition between the skin and the hair.

Screenshot

In addition the outline is pure ugly. There's a bunch of thick purple outline near the shoulders and in the other places the outline is missing. It just doesn't look good at all and shows lack of efficiency in the basic of spriting.

Screenshot

Lastly I just saw a small couple of additions to the hair that seem to be from Nino. Unfortunately they weren't very good. The one to the left side (from our point of view) doesn't look defined and it looks a little jumbly and raggedy (can't think of better words), it needs touch up to look more natural. In addition the part to the right looks weird because it looks like there is a strand of hair that is defined to be on top of the hair which is due to the colliding outlines. If you straightened out the hair when you spliced it it wouldn't look like there was a random hair braid or something coming from no where. ohmy.gif

There's that review. :\. It doesn't have a bajillion problems with it but it has several and it is only a splice, something like a full custom or a portrait that simply has more customization in it will be a lot harder and means a ton more mistakes and it is important to have the basics down which is why I am being pickier on my judges. Shu isn't really a spriter and I only had him judge because he pretty much owns this area, he'd be perfect for a GFXing thing but for spriting which he doesn't do it's not his thing to judge. And Tino is just decent. I'm not that great at portraits (especially because my ideas suck and I don't have tons of time to spend on such big sprites) but I have been spriting since 2005 when the thing first started and I have lots of experience with the basics and battle sprites and I am much better at critiquing than spriting IMO. Not that I'm amazing but I'm saying I'm decent enough to judge. If anybody says otherwise then that's fine so as long as another good judge can be found. ohmy.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users