Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Potential for 1-pack release

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:01 AM

www.destructoid.com/fire-emblem-fates-might-be-one-package-in-the-west-instead-of-two-versions-300870.phtml

I'm down for this, but in a way, having more buying options is better for most people, I think. Like, if you just package everything together and it's super expensive...

I guess for now it's once again in the air, who knows how it'll turn out in the end...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:41 PM

maybe it'll just be another option like some people had assumed would happen when the multiple games thing was announced in the first place. I can't see them going back on the whole two separate games idea entirely since that was kind of a thing at E3.

#3 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:34 PM

maybe it'll just be another option like some people had assumed would happen when the multiple games thing was announced in the first place. I can't see them going back on the whole two separate games idea entirely since that was kind of a thing at E3.

mhm, you have a point. I dunno, it's just kind of weird at this point, since they haven't been super transparent about what they're doing. clearly there are two different games being made and the like, but the pre-ordering situation and whether there will be a special edition or not is still kinda up in the air... I guess we just can't do much except wait for the release date to get closer so they can give us more info >_<

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#4 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:45 PM

I hope there is a special edition. Would make it so that only the DLC path will be tied to one of my 3DS's.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:18 PM

I hope there is a special edition. Would make it so that only the DLC path will be tied to one of my 3DS's.

that's actually a good point that I didn't think o-

waaaaait a second, since when do you have multiple 3DS's anyway?! ...actually, you may have mentioned this but my memory is bad. Awakening 3DS + New 3DS? idk

I only got the Japanese version digital so I'd like the SE for that reason. I mean, it might be a mediocre game IMO, but I've still got enough loyalty to the series to want to have the physical goodies. I'm just going to, you know, think two or five times over before I actually expect anything awesome, or get it.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:42 PM

that's actually a good point that I didn't think o-

waaaaait a second, since when do you have multiple 3DS's anyway?! ...actually, you may have mentioned this but my memory is bad. Awakening 3DS + New 3DS? idk

Yup, me and my brother switch off on which DS we have during the school year, and since we both play FE it would be nice to have two paths not be locked to one of them.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:08 AM

Yup, me and my brother switch off on which DS we have during the school year, and since we both play FE it would be nice to have two paths not be locked to one of them.

that's kind of odd but yeah I wish Nintendo would like cater to rare situations/minorities more by making their things more... flexible and stuff, I dunno, like obviously it's not easy but in general people who share systems or have multiple ones or want to import games have issues so yeah... idk

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:36 AM

Importing becomes less of an issue through homebrew assuming you pay attention to that scene(latest update was actually a huge breakthrough on that front with the YouTube app now being exploitable as hell), but it would be nice to maybe link save data to your Nintendo id so stuff like dlc, your saves, maybe even streetpass data, etc. can be accessed across multiple systems...of course that could be expensive, and would always require a internet connection, but i think a lot of people would be on board with that.

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:59 AM

That's a fan workaround that just happened multiple years into the console's lifespan though, and is arguably sketchy (since not everyone is ok with using homebrew). That is NOT the same as Nintendo outright not implementing any kind of region lock from the beginning, which is what I was talking about.

The fact that fans made a workaround does not cover up for Nintendo.

yeah, a cloud system to store various data would be nice but it'd probably have to be reserved to something like a paid subscription service (like PS+) or else Nintendo probably wouldn't be able to keep that up (too much resources for a free service). Personally I lost a lot of StreetPass data since I can't merge StreetPass data between two 3DS's and also when I transferred some games from one 3DS to another via customer service, I couldn't transfer over the save data so I lost all of that, which I'm still kind of salty about, just because I don't like losing save data (and it was for Fire Emblem: Awakening no less :\).

So meh, yeah, in general Nintendo's systems just aren't user-friendly/flexible when it comes to certain odd situations. Like requiring New 3DS owners to buy a new adapter... if a parent is buying it for a kid and neither are well-versed in how that works, they could easily miss that and end up not being able to charge the 3DS until they make a separate trip to buy a charger... it's a relatively rare situation but it's that kind of stuff I'm talking about, I guess. Nintendo takes care of the needs of 80% of its consumers and whatnot and that's kinda fine as-is but it would be nice if they could eventually work on taking care of the other 20% even though it's difficult, provided they have nothing significantly better to do, lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:21 PM

That's a fan workaround that just happened multiple years into the console's lifespan though, and is arguably sketchy (since not everyone is ok with using homebrew.

Fair. I pretty much agree to everything else you said as well.

#11 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:50 PM

lol yeah sorry if I came off a bit harsh at all, I mostly just didn't want Nintendo to get away from criticisms y'know, like I like'm a lot I'm obviously a huge fan but even so they can still do a lot of things better and it shouldn't be the fans job for that XP like how people need to use Smashladder.com to get quality Smash matches, since For Glory isn't good for a lot of people...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users