Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Topic of Epic Quotes

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#341 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:13 PM

because he's saying exactly what a certain group of people want to hear.(this certain group of people being the incredibly conservative, racists, or(not and. i'm NOT calling all conservative people racist here) people who just don't understand that not everyone outside of America are terrorists. and yes, there are people who honestly believe that every other country is just out to destroy America. I met an old man who was scared to death because he found out a few Mexican families had moved into town(that's a pretty funny story by itself tbh).

The thing is though...he has no coherent strategy that I can see.  Policy is all over the board, can't win at the % popularity he's got (and is doing nothing to correct that), and honestly has a lot of people wondering if he's a Democrat agent in disguise.  It's almost like he decided to become the loudest, most obnoxious politician ever in some crazy Poe's Law experiment, got attention, and is now just too far in to back out.

I don't doubt that some actually agree with what he's saying.  I'm sure a small % also like Trump and ideologically match his words if 3% of Americans can believe in Lizard people who control the government.  I get the sense though that a lot of his support also stems from the "Screw both parties" individuals who hate the two-party system for whatever reason...be it hating political correctness that much, being more aligning with the Tea Party...whatever it may be. 

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#342 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:42 AM

tl:dr trump is a dumbass who knows how to talk.

I thought that was EVERY political candidate?

IUfb9Eg.png

#343 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:accepting things

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:56 PM

Not as stupid as Jeb Bush. Fuck that guy dude.
Dave Grohl is rock and roll personified.

Actually a real smart genius man, but I'll never show it.

#344 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:02 AM

https://twitter.com/...196610683940864

Okay.  I just burst out laughing.  That's actually pretty funny.  Actively went out of my way to watch every late night shot just to see how they chose to ridicule the same comments.

It still shocks me that Americans still hold the protest vote so strong that people are willing to vote for this guy just to get the traditional politicians out of power.  Not that the has a chance of winning the election, but still enough to make the other Republicans shake a bit.

Spoiler

ahahaha a worthy bump of this thread if you ask me

I don't keep up with politics that much but man Trump is just awful, it takes about 5 seconds and a bit of humanity to realize that

meh he's an asshole and would make an awful president. people know this and are willing to vote for him anyway just because he's saying exactly what a certain group of people want to hear.(this certain group of people being the incredibly conservative, racists, or(not and. i'm NOT calling all conservative people racist here) people who just don't understand that not everyone outside of America are terrorists. and yes, there are people who honestly believe that every other country is just out to destroy America. I met an old man who was scared to death because he found out a few Mexican families had moved into town(that's a pretty funny story by itself tbh).

tl:dr trump is a dumbass who knows how to talk.

yeah he is and it honestly scares me a little that even a fraction of people would support him, but it's how it is. some of the fear is really just hatred and pride and the like, and some of it is ignorance and a lack of knowledge... the latter can kinda be fixed, but the first one is near impossible to fix, IMO. some people are just unreasonable and will play right into ISIS' or whoever's hands by spreading fear and saying stupid things and the like <_<

*sigh*

I don't even like talking about this stuff, it's just like, so stressful >>'

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#345 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:32 PM

[4:31:28 PM] bblues: Playing Xillia 2

[4:31:40 PM] dorky guppy molly girl: >xillia 2
[4:31:49 PM] dorky guppy molly girl: u fukin pleb do u kno wut a reeel talez gaem iz

I actually just burst out laughing when Molly said that

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#346 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:17 AM

dang I had a bunch of dreams last night
which included Blazer kicking me from here for apparently quoting something without attributing it???
gg
even though all dream-me did was put the person's name without an actual quote : ^ )

courtesy of Kingault

this was hilarious LOL

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#347 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:30 AM

You just said Joshua looks like any generic anime male MC. Assassins are supposed to blend in. Perfect disguise tbh.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#348 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:03 AM

You just said Joshua looks like any generic anime male MC. Assassins are supposed to blend in. Perfect disguise tbh.

woaaahh dang where is that from

I mean, first... do I spy a Trails fan that isn't me? :o

Second, Joshua looks more generic in the new art because that's kind of the style, lol. I still think he's not as generic as he could be, though: there's way worse, lol.

Third, lol@thejoke. I mean, whoever said that is kinda right, lolol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#349 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:59 AM

I mean, first... do I spy a Trails fan that isn't me? :o

Second, Joshua looks more generic in the new art because that's kind of the style, lol. I still think he's not as generic as he could be, though: there's way worse, lol.

Nah it's just what Chain Chronicle is having for it's next collab. I doubt the person who made the comment has actually played the other game.

Also he looks generic in the other games (assuming that the wikia has every depiction) too, though the outfit and hair color (not brown!!! O: O: O:) helps a lot with going against that look. That said I wish we got the Ys VS. Sora version personally since he'll be the only free character from it.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#350 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:01 PM

ahh I see

opinions, though that goes without saying since what the heck is "generic" anyway? lol. to me it's usually a spiky haired idealistic protagonist in their teens, but in a way I don't look at most protags like that when I see them even if they fit that criteria, it's more of a "common theme" than anything. *shrugs*

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#351 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:08 PM

Generic's most common factors are kind of dependent on the era. Right now, it tends to mean that

1: They have brown hair. (because these days there's probably more East Asians that dye their hair brown than there are ones with black hair)

2: They have yellow or green eyes. (no clue why this happens)

3: Their hair is either slightly wavy or straight, but it always covers their forehead and makes the top of their head look round, and does not have a length that goes beyond the top of their shoulders.

4: They aren't drawn that differently from the girls. (no clue why people don't complain much about generic female design)

5: The outfit they are wearing is either casual clothing or a school uniform. (honestly I'm not sure how much this applies for other people)

6: Their personality doesn't really include many factors of inner struggle, or at least the specific type of inner struggle people want to see.

7: There are more females than males in the cast. (yes this counts apparently)

I can kind of remember back when the expectation was more toward spiky haired characters (in shows aimed at kids/teens anyway) with things like Marchen Awakens Romance and Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (and Dragonball Z just because a lot of people were still watching it I guess) but I think the above type of character might have been pretty common back then too...during then people were a lot more likely to insult people for liking these shonen characters by claiming the design is for immature kids that would be into the likes of Cloud from FF7 or something though. (which to them really only means "spiky hair" and "big sword" I think seeing as the rest of his design doesn't really stand out...maybe the black in his AC outfit? or his KH outfit with the red cape and bandages?)

#352 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:43 AM

i can't really disagree with those, but i also feel like I'm not half as knowledgeable as you on the subject, haha

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#353 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:23 PM

"Drama is like weeds in your garden."

-A friend of mine on the problems of running a community-driven website.

IUfb9Eg.png

#354 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:03 AM

simple but IMO accurate statement haha.

and the smaller of a garden you have the easier it is to take care of it and/or pluck out weeds, heh

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#355 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • Location:My body lies in Georgia...but my mind lives in Arthias.
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:24 PM

"It's okay to believe that you're good. It's not okay to believe that you're good enough."
"You'll never forgive me? Like I give a damn."
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
^ This isn't dead, I swear!
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

3DS Friend Code 0834 - 1057 - 3616

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users