Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Mafia

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:44 AM

Anyone good for a rousing game of Mafia/werewolf/whatever else it might be called?

#2 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:49 PM

Excellent idea, I was thinking of starting a topic for this myself.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#3 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • Location:My body lies in Georgia...but my mind lives in Arthias.
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:09 PM

What is this game?

"You'll never forgive me? Like I give a damn."
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
^ This isn't dead, I swear!
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

3DS Friend Code 0834 - 1057 - 3616

#4 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:18 PM

Basically you take a group of people and then secretly pick 2/3/4/etc. depending on the rules of them to be mobsters/werewolves/killers/whatever, and then the groups starts arguing about who they might be. Every so often there's a vote about who the group should kill. If the group kills all the mobsters/werewolves/killers/whatever then they win, if the number of mobsters/werewolves/killers/whatever is equal to the villagers, they win.

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#5 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • Location:My body lies in Georgia...but my mind lives in Arthias.
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:51 PM

I don't really get it. Lol Might be easier if I watched you guys play for a bit. Lol

"You'll never forgive me? Like I give a damn."
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
^ This isn't dead, I swear!
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

3DS Friend Code 0834 - 1057 - 3616

#6 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:17 PM

Well it might not happen unless we can get about 8 people. Little hard to play with less than that

#7 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:28 AM

I don't really get it. Lol Might be easier if I watched you guys play for a bit. Lol

Here, I'll break it down!

People are randomly given special roles at the start of the game. In the most basic variation, you might have a detective, doctor, and multiple mafia members. Everyone who doesn't get one of these roles is a plain villager. Your role is not known by anyone else, except the mafia members who know who each other are at the start.

During each day period, everyone publicly votes on one person who they suspect to be a mafia member. Once everyone has a vote in, the person with the most votes is killed, and their role is revealed. After the execution happens, during the night, the mafia votes privately on one villager to kill. However, the doctor gets to select one person per night whose life will be saved if they are the mafia's target. In addition, the detective gets to learn the role of one person that they select per night. However, they have to be careful about what to do with that information if they find it, because publicly announcing that someone is a mafia member will probably get them killed. The game ends as a villager win if all mafia members die, or as a mafia win if the number of mafia members and non-mafia members becomes equal at any time.

The game is about trust and deception, basically. Private conversation between players is what makes things interesting, especially when you're doing the variant where the mafia doesn't know who each other are at the start. When push comes to shove, if you manage your suspicion well and build good alliances, you'll be fine. Otherwise, well... RIP.

Side note, what special roles are you planning to include, Zac?

Spoiler

#8 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:03 PM

I hadn't actually thought about it yet. The basic roles are fine with me, but I won't say no to adding extra stuff if we get enough people. Or if it's a relatively small group everyone can have a special ability to make things more interesting.

Edit:if that's the case we'll have to decide on a theme so I know what to base the abilities on.

#9 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:09 PM

Seems there was a general lack of interest in this, so I'ma just throw out some theme ideas to draw attention to it.

FE themed: assassins instead of Mafia, instead of villagers we have FE classes with abilities relating to the class. Example: cleric can protect one person every night, tactician can choose a single person and find clues to their identity, etc.

Police station: honest cops and crooked cops. I could work out some abilities for this later, but nothing comes to mind atm.

Aliens: I'm thinking shapeshifters for the bad guys, and the people with special abilities will be like ambassadors to earth or something with everyone else being human(and thus having no abilities)

#10 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:06 PM

I'm all for the FE themed one

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#11 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:12 AM

Ok back to try again. Got some roles worked out(basic ideas anyway, gonna have to work on it later since I basically just came up with stuff in about 3 minutes)

Bad guys(open to team name suggestions btw):
Deadeye-never misses his mark
Inquisitor-good at getting people to talk
Baron-leads with an iron fist

Neutral party:
Chameleon-changes shape at will
Earth dragon-powerful being set on destroying the universe

Good guys:
Priestess-provides divine protection
Holy paladin-deeply devoted to his priestess
Wild mage-wields powerful yet unpredictable magic
Silent mage-suppresses other abilities(couldn't think of a way to hint at this without just giving it away)
Tactician-good at reading people. Great leader.
Villager-nothing special?

Yes these only hint at the abilities, I didn't want to give away everything about the roles. Anyway I really hope this gets people interested.

#12 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:42 AM

Not bad at all, but I'm not sure that we'll get a high enough turnout to run most of these roles. I'd be all for it, of course, but eh.

Spoiler

#13 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:47 PM

I know, just throwing stuff out to get people interested. If at all possible I'd like to get enough for half of them. That would be enough for the game to be interesting and last long enough for people to enjoy it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users