Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Fire Emblem - Devourer of Worlds

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 flyingace24

flyingace24

#1 Laker Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

"Without the darkness, there can be no light."

user posted image

(Click here for full size.)

Disclaimer
I do not own the rights to Fire Emblem, nor am I affiliated in any way with Nintendo, Intelligent Systems, or any other company.
Fire Emblem - Devourer of Worlds is completely a non-profit fan project, powered only by love and appreciation of each game series.

Basic Information
Name: Fire Emblem - Devourer of Worlds
Base: Fire Emblem (U) aka FE7
Creator: flyingace24
Other: Currently FEShrine exclusive

Features
-New Characters (playables, enemies, and NPCs)
-New Storyline
-New and Revamped Weapons
-Every Promoted Class Revamped
-New Classes
-Old School Names (ex. Social Knight, Hero Sword, and Libro)
-Obligatory Increased Difficulty (not OMFG difficulty though)

Basic Storyline
Two years pass from the events of Fire Emblem - Devourer of Time. Through the Lifestream, Sephiroth travels to Asgard, the center of the Fire Emblem universe. Through the Asgardian legends, he learns of the calamity from the sky, Lavos. In order to summon Lavos, the six Fire Emblems of Akanea, Valencia, Jugdral, Elibe, Magvel, and Tellius must be gathered, each one represented by a kingdom in Asgard.
To prevent the chaos and destruction of the land, the Asgardian rulers summon the Heroes of the Emblem, called the Warriors of Justice. As a counter move, the Evils of the Emblem are also summoned, dubbed the Warriors of Destruction. Thus begins the War of the Emblems.

Media
Screens
Screens (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Videos
Videos for Version 1
Videos for Version 2
Video for current version's Intro

Credits
Hacking
Nintenlord

Graphics
The Blind Archer, Blackavar, Aeorys Kirru, Lord Glenn, Mage Knight 404, Bonestorm99, Nayr, Ragnarok, Marthur, Vampire Elf, Dark Seraph

Support
The Blind Archer
SSJKotama
DH Ninja

Downloads
Previous Incarnations of Devourer of Worlds
Download Version 1 (for FE8)
Download Version 2 (for FE8)

Current Downloads
Patch Download
Script
Story Outline
Face Sprite Compilation (Note: View the readme for the credits.)

Website
http://devourerofworlds.webs.com/

#2 flyingace24

flyingace24

#1 Laker Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

I was searching around my old freewebs account and found this. This was from May 2011, which is pretty much the last time I ever touched a hacking tool. Since I'm most likely never going to work on this again, I decided to just let people try it out. Sorry it isn't much. From what I've seen it's only about the first five chapters. I haven't tried it out, so I don't know really. Let me know how far it goes.

Note that I've also included the script and plot outline for a few a little bit more of the game. You can read it if you want.

Anyway, enjoy.

#3 Axel

Axel

Dirty Ghetto Kids

• Banned
  • 894 posts
  • Interests:WADUUP HOMIE, HOW YOU DOIN?

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

Well than what is this: http://www.freewebs....Preliminary.rar?

That's like, and entire hack. O_O
user posted image

"Puberty is the prelude to, and preparation for, sexual as well as emotional maturity and fullfulment in later lfe...".

user posted image

#4 fuzz94

fuzz94

Zero, forever and always

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

Ah...

My noob self might come out and cry because of this. I thought it would never come, but the day is here. Can't wait to give it a run through. stupid me being busy all day today!

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

o_O

So it finally gets released, huh

Well, something is better than nothing

I will be SURE to try it out sometime. Also, mind if I add this to the patch directory on the mainsite? http://www.feshrine....ng/patches.html

If not, that's cool, it being here is cool enough~

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 flyingace24

flyingace24

#1 Laker Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

@Axel: Oh man I totally forgot about that (the fact that I uploaded it, that is). That thing is SUPER old DoW when it was on FE8. I didn't play it yet, but I think that's when it was still a reskin. I'm pretty sure it's the first (of three) versions of DoW that I worked on.

@fuzz94: Glad to make you happy. Let me know what you think of it.

@Blazer: Yeah you can add it if you want. Let me know if you want me to type up some info.

#7 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • Location:My body lies in Georgia...but my mind lives in Arthias.
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

....Ace...? H-Holy...

This is unbelievable!

I'll download it ASAP!

I don't really care if you don't work on it anymore...But could ya come to the forum just a liiiiiittle bit more?
"You'll never forgive me? Like I give a damn."
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
^ This isn't dead, I swear!
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

3DS Friend Code 0834 - 1057 - 3616

#8 fuzz94

fuzz94

Zero, forever and always

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (flyingace24 @ Aug 7 2012, 01:17 PM)
@Axel: Oh man I totally forgot about that (the fact that I uploaded it, that is). That thing is SUPER old DoW when it was on FE8. I didn't play it yet, but I think that's when it was still a reskin. I'm pretty sure it's the first (of three) versions of DoW that I worked on.

@fuzz94: Glad to make you happy. Let me know what you think of it.

@Blazer: Yeah you can add it if you want. Let me know if you want me to type up some info.

*composes self*
Didn't this end up restarting like, 8 times? I would assume this would be the most recent version. If you happen to find older versions of it around somewhere I'd suggest just linking all of them here. Idk bout everyone else, but I would deffinently give older versions a run through.

#9 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

^
Agreed. XD
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

#10 flyingace24

flyingace24

#1 Laker Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

I don't have any of that stuff on my computer anymore, but I may have some stuff that I've uploaded as backups from a long time ago. I'll check the stuff out and see what I can find.

#11 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

Sweet!

Now you just have to agree to frequent the forum, and all will be good.
Posted Image

#12 fuzz94

fuzz94

Zero, forever and always

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

Awesome. From what I read it seems like that ptch will go through Lyn mode, because there are no plots written for chapters after that. Same goes for the script.

The mug compilation is cool. Although, who was the mugless "slash" planned? (please say guns 'n roses)

Nevermind I forgot about flea and slash from chrono trigger

#13 flyingace24

flyingace24

#1 Laker Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

@arimibn: Sadly, I don't think I can promise that. As a first year teacher, I have to go through a lot of training and stuff. I don't know how busy I'm going to get. I can promise, however, that I will be here for the next few weeks.

@fuzz94: I planned pretty much the entire plot in my head at one point. I just failed to write it all down. I jotted down a bit of it in what you see in the download, and I did the entire script for the first 7 chapters and only did the actual hacking for 5.
In addition, interestingly enough, Slash from Chrono Trigger was actually named after Slash from Guns 'N Roses.

Anyway, this post is to say that I've added the previous versions of Devourer of Worlds. Both of these are for FE8. I was just looking around my old freewebs account and found a whole bunch of betas (and some other goodies unrelated to DoW). These are the latest of each of the respective versions (though both are still from 2009). They're up so people can see the differences of what I was planning. The last two should be fairly similar though. Anyway, enjoy.

#14 fuzz94

fuzz94

Zero, forever and always

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

I see. I'm on chapter 4 right now, I haven't had a whole lot of free time to play it, but I do enjoy it thoroughly. If you don't mind me asking, do you recall how the rest of the plot was going to play out? (I know that everyone battles Zephiel, Magus and Sephiroth and then the Darkness comes out of Ace.) Although I fugred you would have used the Dragon in the end to be Lavos.

Also I'm pretty sure Flea, Slash and Ozzie were all play offs of musicians, but I never looked into it.

#15 Guest_Ugly Little Slime_*

Guest_Ugly Little Slime_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

They are! In the original script, they are actually named after popular Japanese condiments tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif In our English version, we lost some of the comedy of the game sad.gif

#16 fuzz94

fuzz94

Zero, forever and always

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Ugly Little Slime @ Aug 8 2012, 05:07 PM)
They are! In the original script, they are actually named after popular Japanese condiments tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif In our English version, we lost some of the comedy of the game sad.gif

Lose comedy? I mean they named a character after ozzie osbourne. I think that's rather funny biggrin.gif

#17 Guest_Ugly Little Slime_*

Guest_Ugly Little Slime_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

Maybe, but musicians weren't really common knowledge to kids playing the game tongue.gif The food stuff was much more accessible to many of the audience smile.gif

There are actually lots of subtleties that were lost in translation! You can find a few differences on the Chrono Compendium website if you want to know more biggrin.gif Almost all the characters lost parts of their personalities sad.gif

#18 fuzz94

fuzz94

Zero, forever and always

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

So I finally got around to beating the first five chapters. It was very fun.

Celice and Leaf ended up being straight beasts, followed by Marth. Cellica, dispite the low HP and low health, tanked in Mag and the enemies had barely any resistance.

I'll give the FE8 patch(s) a try eventually, but all in all this was very fun. (Looking forward to the rest of the comic series)

#19 jasonbourne19

jasonbourne19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

So...is this the final version?

#20 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Afraid so.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users