Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Programming Languages You're Studying

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:37 AM

Just a topic to share what programming languages you're studying!

I was studying Java up until yesterday--now that I've taken my exam, I'll be moving away from that. I don't really have much interest in Java.

I'll be studying PHP in much more depth for my job, so that's a thing.

And I plan to learn some C++ and C# as well for game development purposes (I'm kind of torn apart between which to focus on, so I might just slowly learn both, even if it's inefficient and probably not a good idea from a nerdy programmer's perspective lol).

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 EmblemEmbassy

EmblemEmbassy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

When you have firm opinions of the languages, tell me what you prefer, please. I'm stuck using Unity for the time being. dry.gif
Well. This is awkward.

#3 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:48 AM

Honestly I kinda stopped studying those haha, I did learn a bit of C# (similar to Java) and it's pretty good, honestly I might've liked it a little better than Java itself... I dunno, just felt easier to use and stuff. C++ I never really got to.

Unity in general is pretty solid but it's definitely a higher-level program so it's got a much higher learning curve and even easier things might be harder. There's so much information and other things to absorb as well... D: But it's definitely possible to put something together even with minimal experience if you keep at it and use online resources and stuff. Just don't expect *quick* results, IMO--I took a whole class on using Unity for game development and while I came out of it with a lot more than I came in, I didn't exactly feel confident I could do anything truly complicated... (heck I never did figure out freaking animations...)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#4 StrongJoshua

StrongJoshua

Programmer, Gamer, Swimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Programming (Java, Objective-C)<br>Gaming (Team Fortress 2, Fire Emblem, whatever)<br>Swimming

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:50 PM

I've been programming in Java for a few years now and have very little to complain about, especially with my recent discovery of LibGdx. I also messed around a little with Objective-C and created a simple iOS game called Spikes Balloon (yes, it's on the app store tongue.gif).

I'd like to learn C#, but I currently have too many things that I'm already doing to learn an entirely knew language (although it is similar to Java).

I don't really have much interest in Java.

How come, Blazer?
My YouTube Channel
My Website (For my programming projects and stuff)

user posted image

#5 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:23 AM

I've been working with ruby a bit lately, I know it's just a scripting language but it's fun so I'm gonna stick with it for now. I'm also working with C a bit. Can't remember why though, I really should work with c++ or c#. I've been told python is pretty useful lately. It's it worth learning or should I just stick to what I've got?

#6 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:08 AM

I learned a bit of Java this past year, but my University next year teaches C++ so probably that.
Posted Image

#7 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:32 AM

- MATLAB. As in, an insane amount of MATLAB
- C++ at a basic level
- Lua at a basic level

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#8 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:00 AM

I like how this was a necro and no one gave a damn.

I studied C++ at a basic level last year and am studying Java right now to prepare for my class in that in spring.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#9 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (ShadowCero @ Jul 3 2014, 12:00 AM)
I like how this was a necro and no one gave a damn.

Given the level of site activity...

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#10 Generic soldier

Generic soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:&quot; Everything I feel is in this sword&quot; (Blazer)

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:48 AM

Java is so user friendly, I started abstract classes as well as interfaces, and static methods awhile ago, it's definitely one of the easier programming languages to use IMO. Now I'm doing 2D arrays.

#11 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:51 AM

I have some level of experience with C++, Java, and Visual Basic, but I haven't touched any in a while. I ought to start personal projects to get more in touch with each, but I can't think of anything.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#12 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:42 AM

meh, might as well post. so let's see how I've progressed since my last update:

I was studying Java up until yesterday--now that I've taken my exam, I'll be moving away from that. I don't really have much interest in Java.

I'll be studying PHP in much more depth for my job, so that's a thing.

And I plan to learn some C++ and C# as well for game development purposes (I'm kind of torn apart between which to focus on, so I might just slowly learn both, even if it's inefficient and probably not a good idea from a nerdy programmer's perspective lol).

ah, yes. so pretty much, I've hardly progressed at all. >_>;

I've forgotten most of my Java stuff, I've made hardly any progress in PHP (even though I was supposed to learn it for my job, I never seriously learned it/got really good at it--I can't do much except for basic things and I need reference materials a lot), and I've made pretty much no progress on C++ and no progress on C# since last Spring.

I did study a tiny bit of assembly for this class I'm taking... or rather, I guess you could say I AM studying it... I'm using a different instruction set than the one I used for GBA Assembly, of course. But it's not much as far as programming language experience goes.

So in general, I've got a lot of work to do and a long way to go. >_>;

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users