Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

omg new Pokemon hack Lol!!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Being possibly the most awesome person in the world would be my interests, yes.

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:35 PM

Dude wait what

Anyway, I got this ****ing awesome idea where I take Pokemon Ruby and make a Suikoden themed hack. Sounds pretty sweet, amirite? : D

Anyways, I literally just began this yesterday, and I don't have a patch ready (except for a tech demo patch but who wants that?!)

The basic idea for a story we have thus far is you play as either Caesar or Apple, and... they do stuff. And Harmonia is involved. To be honest we're not sure of all the details yet, but I'll make sure it's awesome.

Basically right now I'm working only on stuff like animations, the Stars, and music; I'm waiting for those guys to come up with a clever and viable plot before I do any real scripting...

Here's the current change log:

V. 0.2
-added several songs
-playable "residence" demo
-playable overworld demo
-some sprites added
-some scripts, complete with dialogue profiles
-Intro changed
-Day/Night system added
-gender based events

Known issues
-Some text comes up as a small garbled mess.
-If one of your characters dies, and you trigger a double battle, the "double battle with one Pokemon" glitch occurs.

V. 0.1
- Voicegroups have been completely redone. Because of this, unmodified songs sound... quite awful.
- Animation to battle characters added (really only applies to Riou_Test because the other character doesn't have a complete spritesheet)
- A song sample ("Mercenary Fort" without percussion)
- Text Changes (there's a small glitch with this, where it says "Time" twice when saving your game)
- Removal of Pokéball animation (the character is still there because they'll be replaced with Apple/Caesar)
- Riou_Test added as a sample character (maxed out stats... lol)
- Cries were removed.

A couple of buddies of mine are working here to work on more intricate details, because I suck at coming up with fanfiction and these guys don't. But if anybody's willing to help with things like sprites or anything, that'd be just wonderful.
user posted image

#2 Sleipnir36

Sleipnir36

100% custom made!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, member of "Friends of the Earth International", reading, writing, swiming and more....

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:37 PM

What's the story in the hack? Hunting all cratures you can see, even if they're in the list of nearly extincted animals, beat the sh*t out of every teenager you can see and demoralisize them and to say it short just sastify our own evil ego? Or is it muuuutch better (and nicer) than that?
(Begin): Read this if you want to know, how to entertain a idiot for ten minutes.(Go to begin)

#3 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Being possibly the most awesome person in the world would be my interests, yes.

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

Better, I promise so very much.
user posted image

#4 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:14 PM

*volunteers self for spriting, etc., if you'll take me*

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#5 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:00 PM

Depends on whether or not you can do Suikoden-like battle sprites.

Here's a sample to show you the style I'm looking for. The sprites on the bottom (in isometric) are battle sprites.

Here's a quick one I threw together last night.
user posted image

Each sprite has three frames and 16 colours. The frames are run in quick succession 3 times and stop on the fourth repeat on the first frame. Frames are 64x64 pixels. The actual image is 64x192 pixels, because the three frames are on top of each other. The first frame occupies the top 64x64 block, the seconds occupies the middle, and the third occupies the bottom. Preferably sprites should be preforming a similar animation from the back and the front.

Post me a sample, and if I approve of your work, I'll start giving you stock images of characters we need.
user posted image

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:00 PM

SUIKODEN!!!!

I've actually only played Suikoden Tierkries, but that one was good, so I'll just assume the rest of them are OK too, because I don't feel like playing them.

Anyway, this seems like a very unique pokemon hack, especially because it's not even very Pokemon-ish, but is using Pokemon as a base... Be sure to keep me updated with screenshots, I might even play this XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:31 PM

PLAY THE MAINSTREAM GAMES AND THEN WE'LL TALK. (they're very different from Tierkreis actually)

Thanks, dude. This is the last patch released, although still in a really beta-ish state...
user posted image

#8 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:40 AM

FFFFUUUU YEAH AN ACTUAL RELEASE:

Click me! Click me!

Still a beta but now you can actually do shit. woot.

Remember guys, Pokemon Ruby (E). AXVE. Have fun.
user posted image

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:25 PM

I know the others are different and Tierkries is considered the odd one, but the others don't seem like my kind of game, and IIRC they aren't portable, and are relatively old, so yeah... =/

...And (E)? European? wtf? lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:34 PM

Bah you should still take the time to play them... I think I and II are available on PSP but not sure.

whoops I mean U, you should know that though because AXVE is the american game lol
user posted image

#11 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:32 AM

No, I wouldn't know, because I don't memorize random ass game codes, or know any patterns in them. >_>

I don't have a PSP... only a DS and a Wii. So that's a silly idea, Charon. =P

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#12 Sleipnir36

Sleipnir36

100% custom made!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, member of "Friends of the Earth International", reading, writing, swiming and more....

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:22 AM

@Blazer Emulate them with ps1 emus you ass^^

Now to the funnier part.
What's the difference between Apple and Ceaser exept of their gender?
The encounter rate is tooooo mutch low. You should increase the overworld en. rate by 35%,
in indoor areas by 60% and in puzzle rooms (if you introduce anyone) you should dissable then. Sadly, I can't support you with more opitions sad.gif

(Begin): Read this if you want to know, how to entertain a idiot for ten minutes.(Go to begin)

#13 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:07 PM

@Blaz - u can emulate psx on wii lolol

Thanks for the response.

They will go seperate ways later in the game. This is essentially a demo at this point.

Yeah, I lowered the encounter rates so I wouldn't have to deal with constant encounters, but 65% is just ridiculous by Pokemon standards. Normal encounter rate is about 3%. Might raise it to about 5-7% but that's most.
user posted image

#14 Sleipnir36

Sleipnir36

100% custom made!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

Sry I mean of course the corrent encounter rate in percent eample: 3% increased by 66% to 5%.

#15 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

okay, that makes sense.

So right now I'm working on that "Terren Pass" part. Probably won't have any puzzles, one at most. There will be some sort of strong boss monster that attacks you at that point. Also, there will be a recruit available later in the pass. Once you finish you'll be in "Grassland" and going to "Cyndar Ruins" will be a piece of cake - unlike SIII it will be a straight go-through point and you can't travel west past it without going through it, so yeah.

Fun stuff happens there. Puzzles will probably be rampant in that area as well. You'll also get a story-based recruit there, but lose one of your recruits in your party. Things will get... well... really effed up in terms of storyline. You know, biiiiig change in the importance of events. lol
user posted image

#16 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:00 PM

OH EM GEE THE SITES BACK UP

So we've got a list of stars we're working on. Here's the confirmed characters:

list (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
# Nash
# Sasarai
# Tir McDohl
# Riou
# Hugo
# Chris
# Geddoe
# Fubar
# Sgt. Joe
# Emily
# Sharon
# Yuber (We might be using his SI-SII outfit)
# Leknaat
# Lorelai
# Viki
# Jeane
# Windy
# Victor
# Flik
# Bright
# Futch
# Edge
# Rody
# Estelle
# Young Viki
# Fred
# Gremio
# Nanami (IT'S A MIRACLE!)
# Jowy
# Georg Prime... somehow
# Kirkis
# Maas
# Gon
# Ace
# Queen
# Joker
# Jacques
# Tomo
# Pesmerga
# Killey
# Thomas
# Joshua (original)
# Feather
# Clive
# Elza
# Milia
# Ellie
# Rina
# Bolgan
# Hix
# Tengaar
# Sheena
# Wakaba
# Sierra Mikan
# Klaus
# Jillia Blight
# Pilika
# Koyu
# Zerase
# Cecile
# Piccolo
# Juan
# Lilly Pendragon
# Samus
# Reed
# Eike
# Landis
# Chaco
# Templeton (Well I'm pretty sure they meant Templeton)

and characters we're considering
list 2 (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

-Prince (Freyr)
-Falena
-Lyon
-Zaj

In addition thur is this video for teh lulz
user posted image

#17 Sleipnir36

Sleipnir36

100% custom made!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

uiiii sooooooo many recruitable characters to sprite (in the future). Nice^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users