Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Elibian Nights

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:28 AM

Elibian Nights

Background Information
I started this side-project a while back. Originally I called it "Archanean Nights" (title inspired by the first song in Aladdin), the goal was to re-create the BSFE games for people to play. However, the unveiling of FE3DS's downloadable chapters (BSFE chapters included) quickly ended that dream. At that point I had dropped the project entirely. Nayr, however, approached me with a new idea. He proposed I continue the spirit of the hack but rename it "Elibian Nights," creating BSFE chapters for the Elibian characters. At first I didn't particularly want to do this. However, I began to explore the idea. I came up with some ideas of my own, reconciled them with Nayr's ideas, and began working on the first tale. Since it is Nayr's birthday and I've completed the first tale I have decided to announce this project.

Content
  • Custom stories revolving around the characters of FE7.
  • Some new characters never before seen in Elibe.
  • Seven total chapters.
    • Eliwood's Tale: Defending Pherae
    • Raven's Tale: Cornwell's Vengance
    • Lyn's Tale: Homecoming
    • Pent's Tale: Athos's Way
    • Hector's Tale: The Leader of Lycia
    • Ilia's Tale: Chaos Erupts
    • Zephiel's Tale: Crowning
  • Various other cool things.
Screenshots
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Details
I have decided to not release a patch until I finish the first three tales. After the first three are complete I will release a new patch with each completed tale until they are all done. I hope you anticipate this project, feedback is more than welcome.

#2 S84 PATCH

S84 PATCH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:11 AM

I'm loving this idea. I like to think of well-done hacks like this as canon so I wish you good luck biggrin.gif!

#3 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:25 AM

I'm really, really looking forward to it and I think it's a great idea, but, uh, shouldn't it be Elibean Nights?
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:05 AM

^Either spelling works, if you ask me. Not that you asked me.

Looking awesome, Arch. Those portraits and maps both look FE8-like.

In any case, I'm seriously excited about this hack. I'm assuming Nayr is doing the portrait spriting and some anonymous figure (or you?!) is doing the map spriting.

Anyway, if you ever need any help, you know I'm here. biggrin.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 Solar

Solar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:37 PM

Me loves this idea. Can't wait.

#6 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:05 AM

It's Monday, I failed to meet my deadline. However, I bring to you, as promised, a patch!

http://h1.ripway.com...annights1-1.ups

I've worked hard on this patch. It has been thoroughly beta tested, however if anyone encounters bugs please report them so I can fix them ASAP. What would a release be without some screenies?

My credits consist (so far) of four people: myself obviously for hacking and writing the story; Nayr for his sprites, maps and the idea; Flamemonkey for beta-testing; and shadowofchaos for helping with hacking and beta-testing.

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:10 AM

I will be sure to PWN the life out of this hack tomorrow morning, because I'm expecting it's going to be awesome. biggrin.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 Thezalor

Thezalor

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:09 PM

Looks nice. I'll play this hack later right now I'm enjoying markyjoes review.
Why does everyone have a signature but me? Oh wait...

#9 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:42 AM

http://h1.ripway.com...nightsfixed.ups

Here we are, hopefully the final patch until the next big release. Fixes all reported typos and changes the Wil x Raven conversation to add some sensibility to his presence. It also gives battle quotes/death quotes to Werner, fixes the Eliwood x Werner conversation, changes the happy music at the end of Tale 2, gets rid of that damned Lyn's theme playing at the start of Tale 2, and adds a conversation between Kent x Sain.

#10 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:08 PM

That sounds pretty awesome. I think it's worthy of me replaying the game once you release the rest of the tales. XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users