Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Love

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Roque Minonovo

Roque Minonovo

Weed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:38 PM

Well, all I can really ask is, what do you think of it, what is it, how do you feel it? How do YOU know if you are in love? How do you think it forms? How do you think it works? It seems like the appropriate time to ask this, and I'd like everyone's input. I've got some ideas on it, but I'll share mine in a bit (not really feeling up to typing).

EDIT: Also, in relationships, when do you think is the right time to introduce sex/fooling around?

#2 Death

Death

I AM FAIL

• Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

It's a simple chemical reaction like many other things, and it is trippy.

I know when I begin holding incredibly high standards of the person, things they never meet, in order to provide myself some distraction.

#3 Roque Minonovo

Roque Minonovo

Weed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:45 PM

Though I was looking more for an emotional interpretation of things, thanks for the scientific input.

How do you mean by distraction?

#4 Death

Death

I AM FAIL

• Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:57 PM

I have a hard time with love, so I distract myself from it with negativity that I am able to generate, basically.

But the emotions are science, it's the same thing. Love is like eating a large amount of chocolate, just better.

#5 Roque Minonovo

Roque Minonovo

Weed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:01 PM

Touche on the emotions. I see what you mean by that, and thanks for your input. When I interpret love, its less on what it actually is, and more on what it feels like, and how to grows. I don't know what the term for that would be. Philosophical perhaps?

#6 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:35 AM

Quite simple. Love is relative. So if you think you are in love, you are in love. However if you begin to doubt it, you're not so much in love anymore.

I would define "true love" as loving the person forever.

In any case "No matter how much you think you love somebody, you will always back up when the pool of blood edges closer."

For sex/fooling around, whenever feels right, but not rushed, but not turtled.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)
Yeah, that is what we get. Never mess with Kensai. XD

QUOTE (badkiara103)
Who doesn't want to kill a helpless little girl.

The Holy Kensai Fan Club!
Holy Kensai Suzaku Seraph Ryoku Mankut8397 Blazer Oblivion Riadansen Caladbolg Pie

#7 Death

Death

I AM FAIL

• Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:49 AM

This will probably sound like it, but it really really isn't me picking on you.

Is turtled a real word? I mean, I assume you mean to not take it excessively slow, I have just never seen that word used and would like to know if I should add it to my mental dictionary under slang or actual words.

I don't think that love is completely relative, though, because that implies that someone could dislike everyone, then stand one person and that would become love even though the required chemical reactions are not taking place. That, or you were vague, or I am misreading, or both.

#8 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:53 AM

Turtled is a word I just made up. smile.gif

And relative as in comparative. You may think you love person # 1 simply cause you like them more than everyone else, then love person # 2 cause you like them most, and not love #1 anymore. You know?

Edit: I'm pretty much saying love is only psychological.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)

QUOTE (badkiara103)

Holy Kensai Suzaku Seraph Ryoku Mankut8397 Blazer Oblivion Riadansen Caladbolg Pie

#9 Death

Death

I AM FAIL

• Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:55 AM

Yeah but, I mean, you might -think- that, but it doesn't make it true. Then again, outside opinion on love will probably not matter to a person who thinks that they are in it, so even though there is a clear guideline for what it is.. I guess that doesn't matter. Damn that is illogical but makes sense.

#10 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:58 AM

Welcome to the wonderful world of philosophy. Nothing makes sense, but yet it all does.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)

QUOTE (badkiara103)

#11 Roque Minonovo

Roque Minonovo

Weed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:24 AM

Well, I guess it should be my turn to fill in my thoughts about love, relationships, and sex.

I think that love is a kind of feeling you can only really feel if you are around a person long enough for it to happen. I know of people that run around saying "I love you, I love you, true love..." stuff, but they don't really know what love is. They know what loneliness is, and they know what happiness is, but they don't know what love is. To me, love is a feeling that happens slowly, through being with them, and talking, knowing them. Getting that butterfly feeling, knowing that they make you soar...when thinking little things, like how a soft kiss would make your day perfect, even if it was one of the worst of the week, makes you feel amazing. When you crave to just be around them, and you don't even have to be with them. It's odd the way I think of things like this, because just a month ago, I was an idiot that thought love was the only way to happiness. I think this is what really blows people out of line. Love is being able to depend on another to make you happy, but being able to make yourself happy as well.

And on relationships and love: Relationships are something that people always think love needs to go hand in hand with. Well, as said above, I don't think so. Yeah, it may pain you to be around the person you like or love, but it doesn't mean you can't be happy for them if they love another. I think it should be taken into another account of happiness. As long as they are happy, I think you can find a way to be as well. Forced love is what broke up my last relationship...if you are trying extremely hard to make it work, harder than you should, and forcing yourself, its gonna blow up. And even if you love the person, it won't work. Love will push you away as much as it should attract you.

And for sex: This is probably the one I have the least to say about. I think it should only be introduced into the relationship when both are ready. If one isn't, and the other one is unhappy, this creates problems. Lots of problems. For my relationship, I never wanted sex, and she did. Needless to say, that went horribly.

#12 Riadansen

Riadansen

King's#1Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Ive changed over the last months, as of now theres lots of things i like best:<br><br>-Caramel Dance-<br><br>its Cute XDXDXDXD<br><br>-Alucard and Ike-<br><br>Ive been more into these characters, mostly Alucard, cause he has a mysterious past and well Ike, i know all i need to know of this phenomenom...<br><br>-Japanese language-<br><br>been practicing and have managed to speak more and more, and also understand it kinda well<br><br>-Manga-<br><br>Ive been practicing some more and gotten lots better, thanx to Soren's Support, As Deadly, DarkStorm, Fireblazer, Tino, etc...<br><br>-Mapping-<br><br>yes, i map in an online game, if you wish for the name, feel free to ask me...

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:48 AM

For me Love is but a feeling of our heart

When you actually love someone youd do anything to either protect that person or impress him/her.

It could also be said as friend love or relationship love.

mostly love is a feeling that grows over time, with confidence, honesty and no backdrops.
user posted image
Riadansen, Ayumu,
Ryrumeli, badkiara103, Oblivion, Mankut8397
user posted image

thanks to Mankut for the sig user posted image

#13 Rennac

Rennac

Hello.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:26 AM

Love is either a backstabbing pain or a moment of pure joy, and then backstabbing pain twice.
Pimp my wyvern.

#14 Destran

Destran

~Winged Saint~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Guess...

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:43 AM

Love has many definitions.
It depends on how you define it.
user posted image
You jelly bro?

#15 Roque Minonovo

Roque Minonovo

Weed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (Destran @ February 12, 2009 09:43 pm)
Love has many definitions.
It depends on how you define it.

I'm kind of asking how you define it.

#16 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:33 PM

I missed this topic when it was posted... Oh well, it isn't necroposting yet.

I knew I was in love, around the time I stopped caring so much about sex, and just wanted to be with my girlfriend at the time. (Now my wife,) but anyway, many things tipped me off. Another thing that helped me realize it, I literally gave up almost everything I cared about for her, albeit temporarily. For example, I stopped smoking and drinking for a few months. Now, the right time to introduce sex? I usually did it pretty early, but I was a whore. Man-whore? Oh well. It's probably good to wait a while, at least until she's ready.
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#17 Dath

Dath

The One and Only

• Veterans
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:44 PM

'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds.

Err....

Love is waiting an hour just so that you can see her/him for five minutes. Opening the door for her/him. Giving up your jacket in the pouring rain.

EmblemBrigadeGreil.png

#18 wraith89

wraith89

Song of Death

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Can I fit them all in here? :)<br>Ok, random facts...<br>Favorite animals in order from best to less... but I still love them all!<br>1) Frog<br>2) Rabbit<br>3) Eagle<br>4) Dolphin<br>5) Turtle<br>6) Dog<br><br>... and the list goes on...

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:43 PM

I can't believe people don't know what love is anymore. But in this generation... that's not surprising.

There are three types of love: agape, philia, and eros.

The first one, agape, means unconditional. This is the best type of love anyone can give, but unfortunately, no one is able to reach this state. Only God can love people in this manner... and that makes Him God.

The second one, philia, is brotherly love, a virtuous type of love. It's a good type that we should try to have... I think it's the Platonic type, not sure.

The third one, eros... oh boy. This is what we can nowadays call LUST... when we have love for the body. People mistake this for love... but it really isn't love. You go for one good looking person... then you jump to another one once you see someone more beautiful.

Love is a commitment... something people of our generation cannot grasp. By marriage, you are committing your entire life to be with them... and breaking that sacred vow is a BIG NO NO. Well, right now, I think we're a bit too young to think about marriage... but love... requires sacrifice. A little crush or whatnot doesn't signify love... it's probably your pheromones in disguise. If you're only going to take in... and not give back... you did not choose to love that person. You give and receive... and love is *gasp* a relationship! One sided relationships never make love... remember that. What people call love nowadays... isn't love. When you love someone and they love you back... you feel complete, in SPITE of troubles. You will know what love is then.

#19 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (wraith89 @ February 25, 2009 06:43 pm)
I can't believe people don't know what love is anymore. But in this generation... that's not surprising.

The first one, agape, means unconditional. This is the best type of love anyone can give, but unfortunately, no one is able to reach this state. Only God can love people in this manner... and that makes Him God.

The second one, philia, is brotherly love, a virtuous type of love. It's a good type that we should try to have... I think it's the Platonic type, not sure.

The third one, eros... oh boy. This is what we can nowadays call LUST... when we have love for the body. People mistake this for love... but it really isn't love. You go for one good looking person... then you jump to another one once you see someone more beautiful.

Love is a commitment... something people of our generation cannot grasp. By marriage, you are committing your entire life to be with them... and breaking that sacred vow is a BIG NO NO. Well, right now, I think we're a bit too young to think about marriage... but love... requires sacrifice. A little crush or whatnot doesn't signify love... it's probably your pheromones in disguise. If you're only going to take in... and not give back... you did not choose to love that person. You give and receive... and love is *gasp* a relationship! One sided relationships never make love... remember that. What people call love nowadays... isn't love. When you love someone and they love you back... you feel complete, in SPITE of troubles. You will know what love is then.

Are you kidding me? Any good parent/spouse loves unconditionally. If only God can love in that way, then that love doesn't EXIST, because there is no way to prove there is a God, despite what I may believe, or what the other 33% of the world that make up the Christian Religion believe. Oh, and I'm older than you, so don't hit me with this "Given this generation" bull.
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#20 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (Sothey The Spammer @ March 01, 2009 03:14 am)
QUOTE (wraith89 @ February 25, 2009 06:43 pm)

Are you kidding me? Any good parent/spouse loves unconditionally. If only God can love in that way, then that love doesn't EXIST, because there is no way to prove there is a God, despite what I may believe, or what the other 33% of the world that make up the Christian Religion believe. Oh, and I'm older than you, so don't hit me with this "Given this generation" bull.

Lol, 'this generation' in an argument fails 80% of the time. And I agree with Sothey, unconditional love does exist outside of 'god', or it doesn't exist at all. And in all reality, 'lust' as you put it, is natural, as the human race has to survive somehow, just like every other species.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users