Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Import Games

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Levy

Levy

That one sprites guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:00 AM

As the title says

Personally I've only imported 1 game:Love Plus to see what the deal was.

#2 Candy

Candy

Bishoujo Senshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:51 AM

ya I import games from Japan, only a few though. There's the obvious couple of FE games but also Pokemon, Harvest Moon la di da. I can't read Japanese very well but I just like having things on the shelf to look kewl.

#3 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:14 AM

I imported Fire Emblem 6 from Japan before I knew emulation was a thing. Have never regretted it!

I know there's a few others but they were DS games and I can't remember them right now.

Back in the 2000's, the state of game release dates for Europe was pretty terrible and we would usually be a few months behind America in terms of release dates.

But back then I didn't have the money to import anything haha.

Now the state of release dates is a lot better so I don't really feel the need to!

QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#4 Lucia

Lucia

FES's Kinkiest Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, Music, Gaming, Art, Graphic Design

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:09 PM

I only import games if I really feel like they won't come over to the West. There's only been two games I've ever imported and they're fighting games, so they're pretty simple to pick up and play and enjoy anyway. <: I might import a few more games in the future though if luck doesn't shine my way. Haha.

But now that I have money, importing doesn't seem so bad! Although I will say that I bought a game from Amazon and the shipped me a European version. Not that I mind!!

user posted image
made me promise to never tell but you know me, i can't help myself

#5 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:33 PM

I've only imported pokemon soul silver. No regrets. Gem of my collection.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#6 Nephinel

Nephinel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:26 PM

Half of the games in my Dreamcast collection are Japanese imports. I also imported Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem and Panel de Pon DS (a.k.a. Planet Puzzle League).

#7 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:52 PM

I haven't imported any games yet, but if square-enix keeps holding dragon quest hostage I may start

#8 Lucia

Lucia

FES's Kinkiest Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, Music, Gaming, Art, Graphic Design

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:53 PM

I haven't imported any games yet, but if square-enix keeps holding dragon quest hostage I may start

YEAH!! I AGREE.
I WILL TOO.

I want the DQ7 remake already. >:
user posted image
made me promise to never tell but you know me, i can't help myself

#9 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:35 PM

I had FE6 on cartridge once. That's about it.

#10 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:23 AM

I've probably imported the most stuff on the forum, lol. Not including stuff I've used shady means to obtain, I have, off the top of my head (I'm probably forgetting stuff):

- Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment (PSP)

- Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (PS Vita, Japanese version, not the Asian one...)

- Tales of Vesperia (PS3 version, I already played the awesome English 360 version... that's missing a ton of content T_T)

- Tales of Zestiria (PS3)

- The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki (PS3)

- The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki II (PS3, PS Vita; that's right, I bought it twice, because reasons... I don't want to explain here, and probably won't at all unless someone actually cares)

- Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (huge Smash fan, couldn't wait)

- Some random Japanese game I never played for like super cheap (maybe a $1?) on my Japanese 3DS LOL

- Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax (PS3)

- The Irregular at Magic High School: Out of Order (PS Vita)

- Yahari Game demo Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru (PS Vita, my first and I think only straight-up visual novel; fighting games and stuff with VN elements don't count. it's because I'm a huge fan of the anime/light novel and actually understood enough Japanese to get/enjoy most of the game)

so for the most part, I import games that I didn't think would ever be localized or won't be localized anytime soon, with the exception of Tales of Zestiria and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, both of which I was just too impatient for. Hollow Fragment unfortunately got announced for an English localization like right after my thing shipped so I couldn't cancel it. >_>; I didn't expect DBFC to get a localization announced, and everything else hasn't been properly localized and probably won't be anytime soon, if at all, sadly.I t

I think the only games I regret importing are Infinity Moment and maybe Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, as the former was a bad game and got remade as part of HF anyway, and the latter I would have waited for if I had known it would be localized (but I seriously did not expect it to, and neither did most people, I don't think, given the nature of the game). Zestiria and Hollow Fragment I sort of regret because I should have just been more patient; the first game wasn't very good except for the music and the latter game wasn't good in general IMO but would have been way more enjoyable in English, so yeah...

I've learned a lesson though and I'm going to be way more patient/careful about games I import. I didn't import the latest SAO game, I have no intention to even buy the next Tales of game (and didn't import the 3DS one), and there have been plenty of others I have been tempted to but didn't. Admittedly knowing enough Japanese to work my way around the games and enjoy them without waiting several months or more for a localization makes it tempting, but ultimately I still enjoy games in English waaaaaaay more on the whole so yeah, I just need to be patient~

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#11 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:10 AM

I've only "imported" 1 game, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, because it wasn't available any more here in Chile. I don't even know if you can consider this importing because all I did was order it on amazon XD.

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#12 Candy

Candy

Bishoujo Senshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:35 PM

I've only "imported" 1 game, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, because it wasn't available any more here in Chile. I don't even know if you can consider this importing because all I did was order it on amazon XD.

CALLIN YOU OUT BOI totally only counts if it's not your normal game region eg. I'm PAL so if I bought something NTSC that would be imported?????

or at least that's what I'd call it. Games from Japan are def imported, unless you live in Japan in which case you're just a lucky duck.

#13 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:39 AM

CALLIN YOU OUT BOI totally only counts if it's not your normal game region eg. I'm PAL so if I bought something NTSC that would be imported?????

or at least that's what I'd call it. Games from Japan are def imported, unless you live in Japan in which case you're just a lucky duck.

yeah I'd say it's imported (Candy has the right logic), if it's imported from outside of your normal region, it's imported, lol... that being said, I and others usually think of imports as "being imported from a different territory entirely", which is often Japan... what I mean is like, if I import a game from Canada, it's still North America so idk if that would be considered an import, but if I import from Europe, that's definitely an import even though it's probably also in English... and if I import from Japan, that's like, the most hardcore of imports, since I'm importing it from a different country/territory in a different language lol

and as a side note, a couple of the imports were downloaded games, so... do those even count? since I didn't import a physical object. that's... a sort of gray area for me I think lol, not sure if that qualifies as an import. I got Smash for 3DS and Sen no Kiseki II for PS3 that way, so maybe those aren't imports? idk

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#14 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:39 AM

I think we can safely call that an import since your downloading the data from a server in Japan for those two. Sort of streamlined, but the data is still moving across the world whether it's on a disk/cartridge or not.

#15 Candy

Candy

Bishoujo Senshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:45 AM

yeah I'd say it's imported (Candy has the right logic), if it's imported from outside of your normal region, it's imported, lol... that being said, I and others usually think of imports as "being imported from a different territory entirely", which is often Japan... what I mean is like, if I import a game from Canada, it's still North America so idk if that would be considered an import, but if I import from Europe, that's definitely an import even though it's probably also in English... and if I import from Japan, that's like, the most hardcore of imports, since I'm importing it from a different country/territory in a different language lol

Actually, if a game was never released here in AU but was released in Europe and I bought it from overseas would you still count that as an import? ooh plot thickening. I would think yes, because the game was never released here and I had to go out of my way to obtain it even though it's the same region format.

#16 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:44 AM

again, its just a grey-area of sorts of what's considered an import. if you want to consider it an import, by all means, go ahead. same for downloading stuff digitally. my opinion is whatever, I just think there's potential for controversy between the technical and practical definitions of what it means to "import a game".

in other words, I'm just going to let people think what they want, lol.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#17 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:00 AM

So yesterday i finally managed to get my hands on a copy of cubic ninja which besides being an alright game(i like the way it plays anyway) is super exploitable. Like, opened up possibilities for 3ds homebrew. Sadly i can't do any of that now because updates, but i was able to remove the region lock on my new 3ds, so I'm gonna grab me some Dragon quest

#18 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Saepe in arcas verborum scribere obliviscor.

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:10 PM

I don't really like importing games, but I imported FE12 and FE6 for the sake of collection. I found it for pretty cheap.

#19 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:10 AM

I don't really like importing games, but I imported FE12 and FE6 for the sake of collection. I found it for pretty cheap.

hardcore, respect from one FE fan to another, hue

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users