Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Just started spriting... Feedback?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Enjolras.

Enjolras.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:46 PM

*Hope this is the right place to put this as it isn't quite a gallery :x*

I recently just started spriting. As of now i've yet to create any whole new characters, i've just kinda aged some Rekka no Ken characters as I would see them in the future.

oXMCWmD.png

Sain was my first work. I wanted to better showcase his carefree attitude (Longer unkept hair, goatee, open shirt) and his less formal fighting style (more freelance looking armor with the spikes). I personally think I could shade the hair a bit better.

Mjxg5Ah.png

Erk was next. Dark magic is frequently regarded as the most powerful and advanced magic, so I like to think that after mastering Anima, Erk moved on to study Dark Magic. So here, he is a Shaman. I really like how he turned out.

GQ9V7ub.png

Then came Wil. I didn't change a whole lot with him. In my future he now travels with Dart on adventures, so I basically just made his clothing a bit more casual.

HE8mpzN.png

Next, Oswin. His age is starting to take it's toll on him (graying hair, bit more prominent cheekbones, softer eyebrows). His armor is starting to show wear and tear from years of his loyal service (scratches, dings, faded color). I really like how his armor turned out.

8SVoEEc.png

The last one I currently have done is Lowen. He's been climbing the ranks, and so has better and a bit fancier armor. I've been told his helmet looks off, but I don't really see it.

I know i'm not too good, but what do you guys think? I did these in MS Paint. I'm certainly not at the skill where I can make whole faces or clothing from scratch (my current work, Dieck, definitely proves that....), but I don't think i'm terrible. Thoughts, suggestions, etc?

#2 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:59 PM

Since you mentioned it specifically, the helmet on lowen's face seems to be curbing behind the front of his jaw rather than in front of it which wouldn't happen with a real helmet. Since you just started this might be a good place to learn shading. Maybe ask someone to make a reference for you to look at and see what's different.

#3 Enjolras.

Enjolras.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:08 PM

I think i can see what you're talking about with the helmet. I'll try and adjust that. 

And yeah i'd totally be down for that, I want to learn as much as possible.

#4 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:03 PM

So this may just be a problem with how you uploaded it but the pictures look a bit... fuzzy? I don't really know how to describe it.

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#5 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:14 PM

Anti aliasing.most likely the pictures were jpg'd during the upload.

#6 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:26 PM

It's because they increased the size using an image editor. JPEG artifacts are a different problem.

Don't draw pixel art on enlarged images, ever. You will never learn how to do this if you don't understand your size constraints. I could assume you've realized this already given the Oswin edit but you bothered to post the enlarged things at all so.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#7 Enjolras.

Enjolras.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:35 PM

This better?

AGnyrSM.png

IGAVvXE.png

*EDIT* Hmm they actually look a bit too small now. Ugh lemme get this right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users