Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

The Last Promise Tier List

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lancer

Lancer

Scrub

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Things not related to school. Except English and art. Possibly history as well.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

This is based on overall efficiency, base stats, growths, availability, and starting equipment. Keep in mind this isn't final, and that the tier list is open to suggestion.

Top Tier:
Karina
Tamiko
Anakin
Althares
Shon

High Tier:
Eduardo
Kevin
Cia
Kelik
Inanna
Shuuda
Asch
Corben
Lirin
Itsuke

Mid Tier:
Siegfried
Emma
Ace
Mark
Ben
Shadow
Noah
Tekun
Zach

Low Tier:
Lyam
Haas
Storm
Rex
Logan
Levion
Alice
Leopold
Rana
Gary
Howard

Bottom Tier:
Risk
Yue
Liquid
Arthur
Frederick

Lol Tier
Sai
Rachel

I don't think I'm missing anyone, but if I am, tell me. The Tier List is open to suggestions, but try to keep character bias out of it, and explain your reasoning as to why you think a character should be moved up or down.

TLPMiniBanner.png

vkWfJfS.png

SUP

#2 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

I am sorry but there is no way Shon is higher Tier than Cia, Itsuke or Althares. Also Siegfried doesn't belong on mid tier, probably lower high because of [SPOILER] thing. if not he would be top.
Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#3 Lancer

Lancer

Scrub

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Things not related to school. Except English and art. Possibly history as well.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

In retrospect, Itsuke and Althares should be moved up. However, I will not move Shon down; he is available from the prologue until the end (save a few chapters) and has plenty of time to grow and be used. He is mounted and has better rescue utility, as well as starting with the piercing sword. His growth rates are good enough, and he gets an extremely good personal weapon near the end game.

Edit: Moved Itsuke and Althares up. I don't think Siegfried deserves to get shot down to Low or Bottom Tier, because his availability is very good regardless, as are his growths and overall utility.

TLPMiniBanner.png

vkWfJfS.png

SUP

#4 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Lancer @ Mar 25 2013, 12:00 PM)
Edit: Moved Itsuke and Althares up. I don't think Siegfried deserves to get shot down to Low or Bottom Tier, because his availability is very good regardless, as are his growths and overall utility.

Lol, I meant that you should move him up XD, by "Lower High" I meant the lower part of the "high" tier.
Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#5 DH_Ninja

DH_Ninja

Pro Lurker

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

Shon above Tekun. Lol.

But seriously I see alot of issues with this list...I'm willing to put my own two cents in but it'll take time.

#6 Lancer

Lancer

Scrub

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (DH_Ninja @ Mar 25 2013, 02:08 PM)
Shon above Tekun. Lol.

But seriously I see alot of issues with this list...I'm willing to put my own two cents in but it'll take time.

Please do :3

The more opinions the better a tier list is.

TLPMiniBanner.png

vkWfJfS.png

SUP

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

The upcoming patch will change this quite a bit, but anyhow...

There's no way Shon's top tier. Without amazing luck he sucks for a majority of the game and has to be babied. He's somewhat useful as of chapter 22 but you're talking about 1/3 of the total time he's available. In LTC runs, efficiency playthroughs, or just playing in general to have the easiest time, he would not be an ideal choice.

Tamiko... I'll let it slide only because she's so useful being the only healer in Sieg's mode. In general though, she doesn't reach many of her caps.

Inanna... I suppose I can also let that slide by virtue of the Elysian Whip in chapter 3, but otherwise she's only average, being limited by all the bow-users early-on.

Althares, okay, he has the crit boost and is very useful as both a thief and a fighter. Fair enough.

Eduardo... no, I think he needs to be moved down, he starts off a little too slow and while he can deal some nice damage and has high HP, his other stats are only average, really... I can't agree there. And this is coming from an Eduardo fan

Shuuda, Cia, Kelik, and Itsuke all need to be up there. Itsuke is a slightly better unit than Cia overall IMO, but Cia joins earlier and has different caps, meaning both of them are very viable units. Shuuda starts amazing and will be pretty useful throughout as long as you keep training him. Kelik is like the definition of amazing, he doesn't start off super tanky but mid to late-game he can dsetroy everything.

Emma and Tekun should also be slightly higher, IMO: Emma has great defense and is a troubadour, which IMO is like a better version of the cleric, being mounted and all. She also levels rather quickly. Well, I suppose she's OKAY where she is... but eh. Tekun, I guess I can understand him being where he is with your patch, right now though he'd definitely be in high tier lol.

Mark should also be moved up IMO: he's like the 2nd best axe-user in the game (hi Gary). Speaking of Gary, why is he not higher up? Joining time alone shouldn't put him that low >_>' he's pretty much a guaranteed-to-be-good character...

Storm, Leopold, Rana, and Rex are some of the best units in the game: I can't even fathom why they're that low. Storm has his own weapon and IIRC an experience boost along with good stats and good growths, making him a great character overall--his only downside is that he joins back a little late, but the game doesn't really get hard until chapter 21 anyhow. Leopold has great stats as well along with great defense, a stat that not many characters have besides Kevin, Frederick, and maybe the Paladins and Tamiko, defense in TLP is super useful, not to mention he's a flier and has good weapon ranks.

Rana is the best dark-magic user in the game and dark-magic is great thanks to Solstice and Munio.

Rex is... have you tried to use him? I've had a few people mention that he's too OP... I think people are just inclined not to use him, but he's actually as good as Ace, and can possibly turn out even better, he just joins a little later.

Just my thoughts, of course, I don't expect you to agree or change anything. I'd definitely have a pretty different tier list though. ohmy.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 Lancer

Lancer

Scrub

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Mar 25 2013, 02:28 PM)
The upcoming patch will change this quite a bit, but anyhow...

There's no way Shon's top tier. Without amazing luck he sucks for a majority of the game and has to be babied. He's somewhat useful as of chapter 22 but you're talking about 1/3 of the total time he's available. In LTC runs, efficiency playthroughs, or just playing in general to have the easiest time, he would not be an ideal choice.

The thing is he has the opportunity to grow. In addition, TLP's enemies until the final points of the game aren't very strong, and Shon can handle them fine with his stats. He has weapon triangle control and 7 move, his durability is usable and he's available for pretty much the entire game. There's almost no character whose availability is on par with Shon's. In addition, by the time the enemies get strong, Shon will have acquired his Prf weapon to boost his otherwise lackluster, but very well usable, stats. Might move him down though, seeing as how lots of people seem opposed to him sitting beside goddess Karina.

Inanna... I suppose I can also let that slide by virtue of the Elysian Whip in chapter 3, but otherwise she's only average, being limited by all the bow-users early-on.

I actually agree with you. I placed her there because of what I'd imagine other players' opinions would be due to the Elysian whip. She also needs to be babied and focused on in order to reach maximum potential by the end of the prologue anyways. I'll move her down a tier.

Eduardo... no, I think he needs to be moved down, he starts off a little too slow and while he can deal some nice damage and has high HP, his other stats are only average, really... I can't agree there. And this is coming from an Eduardo fan

His total growths, if I recall correctly, are very high, even if they are unproportional. He has high movement, is available right after the prologue chapters until the final hours of TLP, has great rescue utility, and can be used right at the get go. I may move him down a tier, but I still think Eduardo is one of the best characters in the game.

Shuuda, Cia, Kelik, and Itsuke all need to be up there. Itsuke is a slightly better unit than Cia overall IMO, but Cia joins earlier and has different caps, meaning both of them are very viable units. Shuuda starts amazing and will be pretty useful throughout as long as you keep training him. Kelik is like the definition of amazing, he doesn't start off super tanky but mid to late-game he can dsetroy everything.

Cia has more availability, and by the time you get Itsuke Cia should have well surpassed him, rejoining only a few chapters later, while they both perform very similar roles. Although Cia and Itsuke are good as combat units, they lack any utility until they promote due to lolcon, so I can't place them in top tier.

Emma and Tekun should also be slightly higher, IMO: Emma has great defense and is a troubadour, which IMO is like a better version of the cleric, being mounted and all. She also levels rather quickly. Well, I suppose she's OKAY where she is... but eh. Tekun, I guess I can understand him being where he is with your patch, right now though he'd definitely be in high tier lol.

Emma comes at a point where Tamiko should already have been fed, and Itsuke and Cia should be close to promoting. At that point, those 3 who are clearly better than Emma should be your staff support. Although I do understand where you're coming from, she does offer the extra movement and the rescue utility. I'll consider moving her up. As well, current Tekun deserves to stay where he is because right now he's nothing more than a watered down Kelik.

Mark should also be moved up IMO: he's like the 2nd best axe-user in the game (hi Gary). Speaking of Gary, why is he not higher up? Joining time alone shouldn't put him that low >_>' he's pretty much a guaranteed-to-be-good character...

I'll consider it. While it's true that Mark pretty much has a monopoly on axes at the early stages of the game, it shouldn't be long before your other units start promoting and gaining axes. As for Gary... No amount of pwn can undo the fact that he was missing for 25 chapters before his overly glorious debut.

Storm, Leopold, Rana, and Rex are some of the best units in the game: I can't even fathom why they're that low. Storm has his own weapon and IIRC an experience boost along with good stats and good growths, making him a great character overall--his only downside is that he joins back a little late, but the game doesn't really get hard until chapter 21 anyhow. Leopold has great stats as well along with great defense, a stat that not many characters have besides Kevin, Frederick, and maybe the Paladins and Tamiko, defense in TLP is super useful, not to mention he's a flier and has good weapon ranks.

Storm rejoins ultra late and underlevelled no matter how much you trained him in the prologue. He may have the potential to become the best bow user in the game, but that's potential that is hard to reach due to his late rejoin. Keep in mind he is at the top of the Low Tier; his usefulness in the prologue is pretty much all that's keeping him away from the dreaded Bottom Tier, or god forbid the Lol Tier. I might consider moving him up though, as his usefulness during the prologue is almost uncontested.

Recruiting Leopold costs you 10 000 gold and an amazing weapon. In addition, at that point of the game you'll already have many clearly capable fliers, meaning that Leopold's presence is somewhat redundant.

Rana is the best dark-magic user in the game and dark-magic is great thanks to Solstice and Munio.

Rex is... have you tried to use him? I've had a few people mention that he's too OP... I think people are just inclined not to use him, but he's actually as good as Ace, and can possibly turn out even better, he just joins a little later.

Just my thoughts, of course, I don't expect you to agree or change anything. I'd definitely have a pretty different tier list though. ohmy.gif

Rana faces the same problem as Gary. Super late join time. He may be the best dark magic user in the game, but he doesn't face very difficult opposition (lol Yue). He can be a useful staffbot, but his availability really kicks him in the crotch hard.

I'll move Rex up. You're right in that he actually doesn't come too underlevelled or late to be used, and undoubtedly he has potential. I just assumed that people would be more inclined to use Ace due to availability, but nonetheless you're right.

This also means that other people need to start getting moved down. We can't have an empty Low or Bottom Tier.

Edit: I'll edit the list when I get back from class.

TLPMiniBanner.png

vkWfJfS.png

SUP

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

No problem over all, I wasn't expecting you to really take much of what I said to heart XD

My biggest beef was with Rex, the rest I can see your logic with but Rex is seriously good. My 2nd biggest beef was Shon, but we've all said our piece regarding that. The rest are eh, they're definitely debatable, though I don't really take back much of what I said.

Just keeping making tweaks as you feel like it/according to your gut lol, it's your tier list after all

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

how is Frederick so low? He's needed to beat lunatic mode *shot*
Posted Image

#11 Fire Blazer