Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

My ambitious project!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 IkIn00c

IkIn00c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:17 AM

Hey everyone! As many people here I've always loved FE and after playing lots of HackRoms, reading some tutorials, working with sprites, etc. I said to myself "Okay man, why don't you start making your own FE game?". So here we go with the project I have in mind... (Which won't have a name for a long time 'cause I really suck with names)

What will this FE hack have?
-Completely new plot
-Original characters
-New classes
-New battle animations
-New weapons
-Skills
-A good level of difficulty

We have the land of Alzane, divided in eight different nations, spread all across the land are 8 sacred treasures, and each one work as a key to be able to obtain the divine weapons located in each nation, but for ages those treasures have been lost and many people think is no more than a legend.

Cornelius, king of Ardens which is the biggest nation and the one with the most powerful militia, knowing that there's no match for his army all around the land embarks on a quest to conquer the whole continent while looking for the sacred treasures that will let him own the divine weapons but... Why would he want this?

---------------------------

So that's like a vague introduction to it, the game will be divided in two stories (Still need to think how many parts), which are happening at the same time (Obviously with their main characters each story).

---------------------------

Story A
Main Characters: Luke, Debra
This one starts with a group of four friends who work as mercenaries: Luke, Debra, Sienna, Rexus (Working in their mugshots). Due to them having a good reputation among the country of Varmen they're hired by the king to do an special task alongside some of his most trusted soldiers.

Story B
Main Characters: Alex, Jillian
At the other side of Alzane, these mysterious guys are investigating some kind of ruins at the country of Aurel but the ruler of this place seems not to be happy with the idea... Is he hiding something? (Needs more work)

------------------------------

I know this may be kind of difficult, but I'll do my best to achieve it, lot of work needs to be done and if anyone is willing to help I'll really appreciate it. Later I'll be giving a better description about the plot (Which is still in development, no more than 5%). I have many ideas but not everything works.

Here I'm showing some info of the characters I've made so far:

x (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

user posted image
Name: Damian
Class: Bow Knight (Yes... Going to work in this animation)
A soldier from Aurel who helps Alex group, he's really friendly and expresses sensitivity for his companions.

user posted image
Name: Aiore
Class: Thief
An infamous thief that little is known about him, able to perform any task without problem for an small fee...

user posted image
Name: Tiana
Class: Pegasus Knight
A pegasus knight who looks for a peaceful life, very independent.
Note: Working again in this mugshot, improving her armor.

user posted image
Name: Manfroy
Class: Lance Paladin
One of the three top generals of Varmen, a man with a sense of justice who will do everything for his country.

user posted image
Name: Olivia
Class: Bow Paladin
A soldier from Varmen who commands a group that protects the capital, proud and arrogant.

user posted image
Name: Eren
Class: Light Mage
A mercenary from Ghenoa who used to have an special job alongside an old partner, enjoys reading in his free time.

user posted image
Name: Aria
Class: Falco Knight
An excellent pegasus rider with vast experience in combat, commited to her job.

So I hope you guys like them, I'm working in more of these (Especially in the main characters) and I'm doing my best to improve, thanks for everything and let me know what you think!

I'll keep going with this and if I have an update I'll just post it smile.gif

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:06 AM

I think maybe having a super power that's too big that goes to conquer everywhere else is a little bit overused as an idea, but the rest sounds okay. Maybe make it so that instead of just overwhelming with numbers the country does something dastardly to suddenly turn the odds in their favor on a quest to find all the divine weapons--like some political trickery or maybe forming an alliance and then backstabbing the alliance partner or something.

Just a thought though, regardless of what you do, good luck!

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 Scrimsax

Scrimsax

The Skirmisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:07 AM

Okay... I'm just going to go ahead and wish you luck. Much credit for not asking for help with a hack as your first post on the forum... though this is little better.

My strong suggestion, and one I've learned from experience, is to not post things like this. Noone cares about ideas, we do care about progress.

Promising start though, best of luck. Hope to see you around.

Master Moogle. Kupo.

#4 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:35 AM

maybe that was a little harsh, there are some people out there that love to see ideas. however that does go with needing to see some progress along with the idea.

#5 IkIn00c

IkIn00c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (Fire Blazer @ Apr 21 2014, 08:06 PM)
I think maybe having a super power that's too big that goes to conquer everywhere else is a little bit overused as an idea, but the rest sounds okay. Maybe make it so that instead of just overwhelming with numbers the country does something dastardly to suddenly turn the odds in their favor on a quest to find all the divine weapons--like some political trickery or maybe forming an alliance and then backstabbing the alliance partner or something.

Just a thought though, regardless of what you do, good luck!

Yeah, I also thought that it's really really overused but couldn't think of something better, let's see what comes after a shower (Where my best ideas come from tongue.gif), thanks for the help!

QUOTE (Scrimsax)
Okay... I'm just going to go ahead and wish you luck. Much credit for not asking for help with a hack as your first post on the forum... though this is little better.

My strong suggestion, and one I've learned from experience, is to not post things like this. Noone cares about ideas, we do care about progress.

I'm already working on this, it's a promise this won't stay in words I feel really motivated, as soon as I'm done with the first things I'll post them!

#6 El Grillo

El Grillo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:30 AM

Hello,

It's good to see another ongoing project. I'd be happy to help test whenever you make playable chapters available. As far as the plot is concerned, it all depends on how you tell the story, and whether or not the characters and events interact plausibly. Best of luck, and I look forward to seeing more progress from you.
See my work in progress here: In Contempt of Contrition, via Google Drive

Latest update: Ch1 Test v1.2
Updated 04/21/14
+ Visual updates
+ Fixed a potentially out-of-sequence event bug
+ Fixed typos

Full Changelog: via Google Drive
Save Files: via Google Drive

#7 Madman4q2

Madman4q2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:All sorts of stuff. Chess, hacking, games, building, medical, science, philosophy, music, poetry, drawing uhm. Yeah I'm a med major and all that, but I like anything that makes you think.

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

If you need help doing anything I can see what I can do. You'd need to send me the files/ideas and stuff but I can get certain things done.

#8 IkIn00c

IkIn00c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:13 AM

If you need help doing anything I can see what I can do. You'd need to send me the files/ideas and stuff but I can get certain things done.

Thanks man! Later I'll send you what I got so far (Graphics more than anything like mugshots, undone battle animations, maps, weapon icons, etc.), I'm having trouble creating events, which I think is the most important thing, so if you can give me a hand with this I will be really glad.

#9 El Grillo

El Grillo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:51 AM

I'd be happy to try answering questions relating to events. It's a lot to take in at first, but if you could narrow down to specifics, I might be able to help.

Updated 04/21/14
+ Visual updates
+ Fixed typos

#10 IkIn00c

IkIn00c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (El Grillo @ Apr 22 2014, 10:51 PM)
I'd be happy to try answering questions relating to events. It's a lot to take in at first, but if you could narrow down to specifics, I might be able to help.

For example, I'll completely change the structure, prologue will be a normal battle where you have to seize the gate but I want to add villages, recruitable characters (At some point of the chapter), that kinf of stuff. Thank you very much for your support! biggrin.gif

#11 El Grillo

El Grillo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:09 AM

Arch's Really Long Event Tutorial / Chapter Construction tutorial should help provide examples of how to set up villages and recruitment. I'd recommend starting with a blank template (only pointer tables set up, Arch provides an example in the tutorial) and figuring it out from there.

For example, your first draft might include a single TEX1 for the introduction scene, LOU1 for ally and enemy units, the Seize macro, and another TEX1 for the ending scene.

Then, you could LOU1 NPC units with CHAR Talk events resulting in their recruitment.

Then, and this part might get a bit messy because fully set up villages involve tile changes, which go beyond the scope of event scripting alone, you could start by making "half"-villages, where the event will happen, but the gates won't close, using the Village macro.

By breaking the work down into segments and testing thoroughly at every stage, it significantly reduces the burden of knowledge and makes it much easier to bug test. Hope that helped smile.gif

Updated 04/21/14
+ Visual updates
+ Fixed typos

#12 IkIn00c

IkIn00c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:10 AM

Starting to read Arch's tutorial, all I have to say is that this will take me a lot of time but at least I have a better idea of what to do, thanks again for your help man! I'll make sure to do what you said smile.gif

#13 switchblades

switchblades

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Video games, anime, cosplay, sports

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

I really like this idea, but is this going to be a hack of Fire Emblem 7? I'm totally, 100% supporting this project, and if you need any help with anything, don't be afraid to ask. Also, how much of the prologue do you have done so far?

#14 IkIn00c

IkIn00c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (switchblades @ Apr 24 2014, 09:52 AM)
I really like this idea, but is this going to be a hack of Fire Emblem 7? I'm totally, 100% supporting this project, and if you need any help with anything, don't be afraid to ask. Also, how much of the prologue do you have done so far?

Yes, I'm using FE 7. I'm working with the events of the Prologue which seems to be a little bit confusing but everything going fine so far. And if you wish to help I'll be really happy 'cause I've been working alone in this since the begining , any help kind of help is welcome: scripts, sprites, events, etc. biggrin.gif

#15 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

I'd be happy to help with whatever I can, but to be honest most of my experience is in making mugshots. Anything else you're better off finding someone else. Anyway I'm not too busy a person so throw me something to do and I should be able to take care of it fairly quickly.

#16 IkIn00c

IkIn00c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (zac122 @ Apr 24 2014, 11:40 AM)
I'd be happy to help with whatever I can, but to be honest most of my experience is in making mugshots. Anything else you're better off finding someone else. Anyway I'm not too busy a person so throw me something to do and I should be able to take care of it fairly quickly.

Same here man, I'm more of making mugshots and sprites, I'm learning to write scripts and events. But if you can help me with a mugshot I'm having a little bit of trouble (I can't seem to finish the face D:) I'm thinking of a serious look but with an smile, and brown curly hair. Thanks for the support!

x (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
user posted image

#17 switchblades

switchblades

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Video games, anime, cosplay, sports

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

I'm not sure if this is what you wanted (curly hair is reallyyyy hard), but here
user posted image

#18 IkIn00c

IkIn00c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (switchblades @ Apr 25 2014, 10:47 AM)
I'm not sure if this is what you wanted (curly hair is reallyyyy hard), but here
user posted image

Tell me about it, I spent hours trying to make it look curly, but anyways thank you so much!! Looks too much better than what I did! If you ever need help in something I'll be glad to lend you a hand biggrin.gif!

#19 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:56 AM

Ooh, that's a cool portrait! nice job!

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#20 Madman4q2

Madman4q2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:All sorts of stuff. Chess, hacking, games, building, medical, science, philosophy, music, poetry, drawing uhm. Yeah I'm a med major and all that, but I like anything that makes you think.

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (IkIn00c @ Apr 22 2014, 08:13 PM)

Thanks man! Later I'll send you what I got so far (Graphics more than anything like mugshots, undone battle animations, maps, weapon icons, etc.), I'm having trouble creating events, which I think is the most important thing, so if you can give me a hand with this I will be really glad.

I don't use a compiler so I had no idea what the other guy was talking about, but I can do pretty much everything you said you needed help with. You should familiarize yourself with the hex editor so you know what's going on. If Arch's tut doesn't tell you something this might: http://s3.zetaboards...opic/7346365/1/

Here let me start you off with a few basic templets:

*Note* Everything is in Hexadecimal ex. "0x03"

IN CHAR EVENTS:

Recruit Enemy Character:
03000800 *Pointer to event* XXYY0000 00000000
(The chars you want to talk to each other)
XX= 1st Char Ref#
YY=2nd Char Ref#

*Event to Point to*
A1000000 00000000 79004200
0D000000 180B0000 09000000
7A000600 65000000 10000000

The only things you need to change are underlined (if you want to add music look below). 1st is the Text Index# (more on this below).
2nd is the Character Reference#.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IN LOCATION EVENTS:

05000400 *Pointer to event* XXYY0E00

The only things you need to change are underlined. The 1st is a Variable. Putting a variable only allows any event with that variable to only happen once (so if you have 2 houses with 04 as a var you could only enter one). Put 00 if you want to be able to renter that event/house/shop etc... The 2nd thing is the XXYY coordinates where the origin (0,0) is the top left tile on the screen.

*Event to point to*
House (Give Item):
7D000000 8E001000 92000000
05000100 8F001000 93000000
0D000000 6C090000 09000000
7E000000 86000000 93000000
5B000000 87000000 0A000000

The only things you need to change are Underlined. The 1st thing is the Text Index (more on this below). The 2nd is the Ref# of the item you want.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Ending Scene:

Ending Scene:
78005100 8E001000 05002B00 8F001000
Music       FadeOut    BG           FadeIn
0D000000 240B0000 81001C00 02000100
LoadTxt.   LoadFrom SaveGame-----------
01000000 0A000000 00000000
------------EndCode:  Spacer

The Underlined Code is the Ref# to pointers on a pointer table.
For the "Load From" Code it's the Index# you find in the Txt.Editor
Flipped like a pointer. So 240B is index 0B24. For the SaveGame
the ref# is just the ref# of the next Chapter to load.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users