Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

fe 6 tier balance hack.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Ezra

Ezra

ring a bell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:30 PM

I decided to take a break from my previous hack I was making for multiple reasons.

1. time is scarce, I'm always either in school, with my gf or doing something for my parents.

2. Not enough sprites and I'm terrible at spriting

3. I'm not in the mood for it, and as much as I would like to make Twark FE as quickly as possible I want it to be a good hack, and I'm not going to make anything good if I don't have the mood for it.

Anyway this hack is basically to edit the characters and make lower tiers higher, highest tiers will stay where they are and I might give the highest tiers like a +5% growth in something ie. Chad is considered top tier in a lot of tier lists, but he really isn't that great of a fighter ( being a theif) and doesn't promote.

And lower tiers will get A LOT more work.

like Sophia I'd raise her starting level and increase her base stats accordingly so that her starting level is at least close to Ray.

So I'm pretty much going to go through the characters as they come, so I'm going to start with Roy and how I want to balance him, I don't want people to become too good or not good enough so if you think someone needs more/less work please give your opinion.

Since this is a reskin I should be able to take a few minutes everyday to update stuff unlike the previous hack where I need story ideas, maps, text editing etc.

however since I'm trying to make all characters at least mid tier worthy without being over powered it probably will take some time.

Roy (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
base stats str+1, spd+1 growths str+5% def+5% Rapier should have 40 uses
this turns his base stats into:
hp18
str6
skl5
spd8
lck7
def5
res0
con6

and his average level 20 stats would be
hp33.2
str14.55
skl14.5
spd15.6
lck18.4
def10.7
res5.7

and his average level 20/20 stats would be

hp52.4
str25 ( maxed)
skl25 ( maxed)
spd 25 ( maxed)
lck29.8
def17.4
res16.4

overall: he maxes three stats at level 20/20, pretty much four, however at the time of his promotion there are few chapters left and none of those chapters contain Arenas so the chance of him reaching level 20/20 is low, with more Rapiers he can take on more knights and Cavaliers.

opinions???

Wolt (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

Base stats: str+1 skl+3 spd+2 lck+1 skl growth+10% spd growth+10%
this turns his base stats into:
hp18
str5
skl7
spd7
lck3
def4
res0
con7

overall: he had some pretty big changes, but he's an archer so he has that big weakness of no counter attack at one range, and he was pretty terrible anyway so I figured he could use the work, he is now good at damaging stuff early game and he can double.

Bors (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

starts at level 4 with the following base stats
hp23
str8
skl5
spd4
lck6
def12
res0
con14
growths: def+5% spd -5%
overall: Bors, having only four move isn't going to be getting as much exp as everyone else ( unless you arena abuse or something) so I gave him three free level ups, I also gave him an extra def growth, at the cost of spd, it shouldn't be too much of a difference to his level 20/20 stats though

Marcus (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
Base stats are now:
hp32
str11
skl14
spd12
lck10
def10
res8
con11
Growths: Hp+15%

overall: Marcus, like most Jeigans is near useless in normal mode, VERY useful in the start of hard mode, and ALWAYS ends up bad in the end of both modes, so I gave him better base stats and a much better hp growth, now if you actually use him he can at least meat shield.

Ellen (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
now starts at level five with the following Base stats:
hp18
Mag6
skl7
spd9
lck9
def0
res8
con4

Overall: I tried giving her a class power of 1 so that she would receive more exp from using a staff, but it didn't work, so I had her join Roy's team at level 5, I needed someway to make up for the fact that healer take forever to level up, also I gave her more mag since she has horrible starting magic, all her other starts are just about average for her level.

Lot (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

Didn't do too much with Lot, his growths are str+5% and spd+5%, there wasn't really too much to do with him, his base stats weren't too bad, it's just his average level 20/20 str was horrible for a warrior. chances are it still will be, but it's better then nothing and his other stats are pretty good anyway.

Ward (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
Ward now starts at level 3 with the following stats:

hp29
Str9
skl4
spd7
lck4
def3
res0
con13

growths: spd+5%

Overall: I was trying to have him be close to Lot, before his base stats were horrible, so I boosted them a bit, and he wasn't going anywhere with the spd he had before, now he should be able to double soldiers, and not get doubled himself.

Lance (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
hp+2 spd+1 starts at level 2

Alan (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
hp+2 str+1 starts at level 2

Chad (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
thieves are a little tricky for this, thieves have VERY high growths and fairly good caps for spd and skl ( 30 ) but they cap at level 20 and don't promote ( like usual) so they will most likely get spd and skl past the twenties and all others stats will be meh. however thanks to fast exp. gain they will be pretty strong earlygame if used.

Anyway Chads growths are hp+10% skl+20% spd+10%lck+10% def+5% res+10%

base stats are now
lv1
hp17
str3
skl8
spd11
lck5
def2
res0

Lugh (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
Starts at level 3, all base stats +1 mag and spd growths+5%
Clarine (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
starts at level six all stats +2 except for def is +1

Saul (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
starts at lv8 base stats are as follows
hp23
mag7
skl7
spd11
lck3
def2
res7

Dorothy (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

base stats are now
hp20
str5
skl9
spd7
lck3
def5
res3
skl growth +10% res growth + 5% lck growth +5%

Sue (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

Now starts at level four with the following base stats
hp20
str6
skl9
spd10
lck6
def5
res2
hp growth +10% str growth +5% skl growth +5%

Zealot (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

base stats are now
hp36
str11
skl15
spd14
lck8
def13
res7
hp growth: +10% all other growths +5%

Treck (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

now starts at level 7 with the following base stats
hp27
str9
skl7
spd8
lck7
def10
res0
str growth -5% def growth +15%

Noah (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

Now starts with +1 hp and the following growths.
str and spd +10% skl and def +5%

Astol (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

Base stats are now:
hp30
str9
skl7
spd9
lck7
def7
res0
str growth + 25% hp growth + 10% lck growth +20% def growth +10% spd growth +10%

Lilina (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

starts at level five with the following base stats
hp18
mag8
skl6
spd7
lck6
def3
res9
res growth+5% skl growth+10% spd growth+10%

Barth (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

base stats are now
hp27
str10
skl7
spd5
lck3
def14
res1

hp growth +10% skl+10% lck+10% res+8% str+5%

Wendy (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

not starts at level 7 with the following stats
hp25
str7
skl6
spd6
lck9
def10
res2
spd, skl, luck, def, res and hp +5%

Oujay (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

starts at level 8 with the following base stats
hp29
str9
skl11
spd10
lck9
def6
res1
def growth+25% skl-5%spd-5%

Fir (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

starts at level five with the following stats
hp22
str7
skl11
spd11
lck6
def4
res2
skl+10% spd+10%

Shin (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

str growth+5% skl growth+5% spd growth+5% res+5%

Gonzales (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

I was gonna make both routes of Gonzales the same level, because I thought that a six level difference with the same stats was too much, but now Lalum route Gonzales is level 8, Elphin route is level 9.

Geese (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

str+10% spd+15 def+5%

Klein (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

spd +30% all other growths +10%

Tate (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

spd growth+10% res growth+15%

Lalum (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

base hp is now 20
spd+10% hp+35% def+5% res+5%

Elphin (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

base hp is now 20
hp+30% spd+10% def+10% res+5%

Bartre (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

base stats are now
hp50
str 23
skl13
spd12
lck15
def11
res3
str spd skl and def +10%

Echidna (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

all growths +10%

Ray (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

his base stats are now
hp25
mag 12
skl10
spd9
lck7
def7
res11
mag growth +5% spd growth + 10 lck growth +5%

Cath (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

hp growth +40%
str growth +10%
skl growth +20%
spd growth +25%
lck growth +20%
def growth +10%
res growth +15%

Cecilia (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

her base stats are now
hp35
mag 14
skl10
spd12
lck12
def7
res16
mag growth +20% res growth +20% skl growth+15% spd growth +10%

Sophia (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

now starts at level nine with the following base stats
hp21
mag 12
skl6
spd8
lck5
def3
res14
mag, res and def +5% spd +15%

Igrene (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

all base stats +1 all growths +10%

Garret (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

def spd and str +1
hp def and str growth +10% spd growth +15%

Fa (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

dragonstone now has 50 uses

Hugh (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

mag+15% spd+5% skl+10%

Zeiss (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

base spd+2
hp, str, skl spd lck growths+5%

Douglas (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

now has the following base stats
hp48
str21
skl14
spd10
lck13
def22
res5
hp +15% str+20% def+20%lck+10% spd+5%

Niime (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

base hp+8 mag skl spd and lck +1 res+2
all growths +40%

Dayan (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

base stats are now
hp45
str 16
skl 19
spd 22
lck 12
def 10
res 12

growth hp and str +15% skl +25% spd +30%

Juno (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

all bases +2
hp growth +15% str+10% skl+30% spd+50% lck+15% res+25%

Karel (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

starts at level 20/17
base spd +3

Attached Files

• Attached File  460   4KB   0 downloads

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:05 PM

Sounds like an idea that will definitely refresh the gameplay of the game. Hopefully it's worth another playthrough of FE6. Good luck!

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 Sleipnir36

Sleipnir36

100% custom made!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, member of "Friends of the Earth International", reading, writing, swiming and more....

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:27 AM

Do you change the stat caps for the classes too or just the stats, growth, levels etc.?
And what's about the enemies?
(Begin): Read this if you want to know, how to entertain a idiot for ten minutes.(Go to begin)

#4 Ezra

Ezra

ring a bell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:26 PM

I'm thinking about making 2 patches, one patch is just everyone on your team having stronger stats and growths, the other patch will make enemies stronger as well.

I'm not sure about stat caps going higher, maybe for Roy and Thieves but that's probably it.

I'm also going to fix certain things, such as the final boss only having a 1 range attack, instead will have 1 -2 range.

#5 Ezra

Ezra

ring a bell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:09 PM

UPDATE:

All right I've thought of a few more things and made a few more decisions.

First legendary weapons will become weaker, they will have slightly more MT then silver weapons, however their uses will go from 20 to 50.

Might lower MT on silver weapons by 1 or 2, and will add 5% crit bonus to them.

Sleipnir36's question has made me decide that I WILL change caps, the class caps will be the same as PoR caps. Not sure what Roy's caps will be.

changes to Roy and Wolt have been made ( see first post)

Roy is fairly good so far and if one wanted to can Solo the first few chapters without too much trouble.

Wolt has good base stats and I gave him good spd and skl growths.

I am currently working on Bors.

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:55 PM

May I suggest not boosting characters TOO much? It will make it seem less like a professional hack, if you know what I mean. People are so sensitive to stat-changing hacks. XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 Ezra

Ezra

ring a bell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:35 AM

yeah I know, I've actually done lots of hacks like this before ( the first time I was changing growths by like 20%) and the game was too easy, so easy to the point where after a couple chapters I just deleted the whole thing.

Then I tried the opposite, make it harder, I ended up having enemies that had godly stats, a soldier had 30+ hp, and don't make me tell you how terrifying swordmasters were *shivers*

but yeah I've been considering many factors into what I'm doing as to avoid a difficulty that is leaning towards too hard or too easy. It's also why I posted this on the forum so that people can say their opinions.

and I'm also doing test runs, Roy is very good during the first few chapters now, but because of his late promotion he will as usual become less useful quickly, however he will at least have stats that can make him useful.

Wolt is an archer and archers have that very distinct weakness of now being able to counter up close, so Wolt despite having a big boost in his base stats and growths still isn't that great, I'd say mid tier.

#8 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:55 PM

I see, it sounds like you have some good experience with editing this stuff then, hopefully that will all come into play with balancing tiers. ohmy.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#9 Ezra

Ezra

ring a bell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:14 PM

yeah, I have some experience but I'll probably end up making a broken character or two, but I'll change that once I realize my mistake.

That's also why I'm planning out their base stats, level 20 averages and level 20/20 averages.

And of course like all hacking it involves a lot of trial and error if you want to make it at least decent.

#10 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 12:47 PM

lol I can't argue with that

How goes the work, overall?

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#11 badkiara

badkiara

Capitalism, ho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Interests:Girlz<br>Girls<br>Vacation :D<br>PERSONA 4 FUCK YEAH<br>Recettear<br>^Child me lawl

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:27 PM

This looks interesting...
>1: Say a comment
>>>2: Give advice

You don't have enough knowledge. FUUUUUUUU-

This looks interesting...
>>>1: Say a comment
>2: Give advice

Err right, it seems interesting but the RNG will probably find a way to still screw this up dry.gif
When this gets completed, I wouldn't mind trying it out though. I might have more fun with it than the original FE6 anyway. Since I usually just savestate abuse/cheat/AA with the original, maybe I can play this without doing those ohmy.gif Although I will probably still use the arena just to get a few level ups, or for the moneyz. MONEY IS REALLY IMPORTANT DAMMIT, THE GAME SAYS SO.

I played too much Persona 4, ignore the first part of the post
Best FE character (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
QUOTE (Seraphinox)
The "Best" character is easily matthew, because without him theres no S Rank

Seraph approved of me being awesome user posted image (refer to "Best of them all in Fire Emblem General Discussion)
I know he means the character Matthew but whatever

#12 Ezra

Ezra

ring a bell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:49 AM

@Blazer the work is going pretty well overall, I've been making a few updates whenever I have time.

@badkiara the first time I played fe6 I did the same thing, I tired getting through without cheats, but I ended up cheating around the time I reached the level with Kel or whatever that swordmaster was, I gave everyone 70+ def, res, spd and str, had it so Merlinius could use all magics and Roy had infinite uses of the sealed sword.

that was a while ago and I am much better at FE now but I kinda sucked then, I think fe 6 was either the 2nd or 3rd fe I played...

UPDATE:

all characters in chapter one but Lance and Alan have been changed, not sure if I will change them since they're already top tier units, I might alter their stats a little bit just so that they are a little different but I'm not quite sure...

as already mentioned all units have PoR caps now, this means some units have pretty much the same stats ( like Swordmasters) or drastically different stats ( like Bishops who max skl at 22 now)

Thieves caps are raised to 30 for spd and skl, and 22 for atk and def, while they probably won't need the +2 atk and def since they probably won't even reach 20 on those stats, I threw them on anyway just in case somebody likes thieves a lot and want to Rng abuse, save stats abuse or buy stat boosters, all thieves will have high spd and skl growths though so the new caps will come in handy for those stats.

some classes, such as Druids weren't in PoR so I gave them new caps that seemed somewhat fair, I can't remember what they are though.

I was gonna give Hero's the cap of Ike from PoR but I decided to instead give them the caps of Halberdier

Roy's promoted caps are TBA

#13 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:25 PM

Yeaaaahhh, uh, Hero's are broken enough as it is, and IIRC Ike is broken even in FE9, so yeah... uh... no...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#14 Ezra

Ezra

ring a bell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:36 PM

yeah I don't want to create any broken units, just make everyone at least usable without having to using some form of exp abuse. Of course hero's might be even more broken, I gave them Halbedier caps, that means their caps are -2 skl and +3 def... if they're too broken I'll fix it...

UPDATE: Ellen, Ward, Lot and Merlinius have been changed, I didn't put too much work in Merlinius so I'm not going to include him in the first post, I gave him extra def, res, hp and spd, seeing as how it's far beyond annoying to level him up even once.

Changes to everyone else are in the first post.

#15 Ezra

Ezra

ring a bell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:23 AM

haven't been updating recently, but I've started to work on this again.

I changed Lance and Alan a bit, for some reason I hacked their levels so they came at level 2, even though they didn't really need to be changed being top tier, but since it was already edited I decided to change their stats a little.

Am working on a few more characters now and I will add them to the first post in a little bit.

#16 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

Question, although characters will be more balanced, will they still be unique (like Alan will still have good strength, Lance will still have good speed, etc.) or will it be such that each unit is in essence just a class with similar stats and growths to every other unit of that class?

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#17 Ezra

Ezra

ring a bell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:19 PM

that is a good question, the answer is yes Alan will still have good str, Lance will still have good speed. I have been considering giving Treck good def and Noah will be balanced. Ward will have bad speed good str, Lot will be the opposite.

Chad will have good spd, Astol will have good str, Cath will be balanced.

you get the picture.the same will go for characters of other classes, but I might change them a little due to the fact that caps have been changed to those of Path of Radiance ie. if a bishop has a high skill growth, I might lower the skill growth and make magic higher since the PoR cap for skill is only 22.

#18 Ezra

Ezra

ring a bell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

All right I've gotten back to work on this, gotten some free time for once tongue.gif

first post has been edited and I'm currently changing Fir.

Now then I have come to the hard part of the hack, literally. Fir has changed stats on hard mode, this makes it hard to change her stats, if I change them to much then she'll be good on normal mode but absolutely broken on hard mode. so what I'm going to do is raise her level a little but keep stats about the same and change her growths would usually be/ almost be capped.

The same thing will be done with most hard mode characters.

#19 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:45 PM

Hmm, sounds like a complex solution, hopefully it works out (I would suggest testing it out in-game too).

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#20 Ezra

Ezra

ring a bell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:33 PM

I will be testing all characters by playing through the game several times.

I will release a patch once all the characters have been edited as well so that anyone who plays it can give their opinions.

Then I will edit any characters that are broken/ still not strong enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users