Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Pokemon Black & White

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 bluspidr

bluspidr

awesome.jpg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:53 PM

with the talk about fire types earlier, just get Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure. insainly high special attack, decent defences and ok speed. but man, the SAtk is just amazing
///_____WOO! WOO! WOO! YOU KNOW IT!_____\\\

user posted image

user posted image

#62 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:dingleberries

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (bblues @ Apr 28 2011, 07:27 AM)
I now have a copy of this. Cheaply (I love you, ebay).

White Version definitely not because I'm white.

No idea about the gyms or anything about the game really, like it should be.

Chosen Snivy, because it looks refined. In a 'I went to Eton' way. And the other two just look..well, the pig is far to cheerful looking, and a fire type pig? That's bacon. The other one is just...odd.

Ah good choice. Serperior is damn awesome as long as he isn't up against his weaknesses.
user posted image

#63 SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel

NERGLEZ!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:28 AM

Serperior has a pretty weak movepool, but I'm not that big of a fan of any of the starters really, and the snake packs a huge punch if you can get a DW one.
user posted image

#64 Ezra

Ezra

ring a bell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:41 AM

I usually find grass types not so good. however Lilligant seems pretty good especially with the fact that Petal Dance has become so much stronger and Lilligant doesn't even become comfused. Quiver dance is a good stat raising move as well.

#65 SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel

NERGLEZ!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:14 AM

Lilligant is pretty good with Quiver/Petal Dance, also has a weak movepool though.

I like Sawsbuck for a grass type. Decent Speed with Chlorophyll, Swords Dance access, plus a wide movepool including STAB Return and Wood Horn plus Wild Charge, Megahorn, and Jump Kick, among others.

Also, Whimsicott. Annoying as hell.
user posted image

#66 Hawk

Hawk

Lol Generic.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, RPGs in general, Brawl, Pokemon ^^;, Baseball, video games, tacos... A lot of stuff.

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:24 PM

BATTLE SUBWAYYYYY
user posted image
{-----Why thank you, Shu.-----}

#67 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:dingleberries

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:19 PM

Well maybe Serperior doesn't have the best moveset but I mostly use pokemon I like as opposed to whos the best. Out of the three new starters, Snivy was the only one I didn't recoil at the sight of XD
After seeing all three fully evolved...yea I stand by Serperior lol.
user posted image

#68 Dave Strider

Dave Strider

Knight of Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:life, the universe, and everything

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:54 PM

Oh man, I feel the need to say something here.

Every Pokemon game from now on needs to be more like this. I love it, I love it, I love it. Best generation so far. I'll go so far as to say this usurps Jotoh as my favorite reigion because I cannot get enough of Pokemon Black and White. it's just so awesome. I can't think of like anything about it that's wrong. No Pokemon from previous generations? More variety for us! And when you have stuff as awesome as the Pokemon in B/W, who needs previous gens? Unova has stuff like Whimsicott, Hydreigon, and Meloetta. Anything more is superfluous~
This won't be removed unil I feel like it- started 10/24/2009
user posted image
--
QUOTE (Felover3 @ December 20, 2009 06:50 pm)
Captain Pheonix Wright to High Tier!
What's that, you say he isn't a Captain?
OBJECTION!

#69 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:27 PM

I still think GSC was a better era, but this is fairly good.

Woobat is pissing me off highly. It's a disgrace to Zubat.

I'm annoyed about the 'event only' stuff. I just want to buy the whole game, and be able to access everything. It's ridiculous. Then again, the whole 'trade to evolve' is annoying as well.

Way too many dragon-types these days.

The return of a more standard 'triple legendary' is nice.

Rustling grass and the like is neat.

Acrobatics on Archeops is crazy.

Got an egg with Larvesta hatching, I'm assuming it'll be good.

Emolga is cute.

Lucky egg and exp share fairly early is good times, levelling seems fairly slow.

Ice-cream cone is still a joke. As is Trubbish.

Team Plasma are a joke...

Reusable TMs are brilliant.

I could go on.

#70 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:14 PM

I have 3 badges so far...

I LOVE REUSABLE TMS!!

That is all for the moment...
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#71 SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel

NERGLEZ!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:27 PM

Imo, Plasma is the best team in the series history. I could see an argument for Team Rocket out of nostalgic purposes, but Team Plasma actually asks questions that could make the player wonder.

Plot details (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

Besides Ghetsis's manipulations of the team, the other members like N actually believe that the freeing of (or reducing the dependence on) Pokemon is the correct course of action. They are the first team whose actions could actually have merit depending on point of view.

And the others (Magma and the like) are just lol.
user posted image

#72 Kent

Kent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:59 AM

Possibly the most overrated game(s) this year.
The story is lame, gyms are dumb, the new pokemon are... well, let's just say they're weird. I felt awkward fighting that punk pokemon. It looks way too human. Is there an explanation for this? Did I mention it's very linear? But then again all pokemon games are. That's a con in my book. Who's idea was it to add in ALL pokemon at the end of the game? It makes the pokemon I caught beforehand useless, considering 1st gen is superior. tongue.gif
Though, by the time I unlocked that part of the map I already got bored. After you finish the storyline it's just grinding every day until you're strong enough to participate in pro tourneys or something. NTY I've a life lol.

Yeah, I guess most of what I consider cons were present in all other pokemon games.
You'd think they would have fixed basic elementary stuff like this after a freaking decade. For example, linearity. Why not have two paths that lead you to the same place? First one being a forest full of bugs, the other one being.. I dunno, a bridge full of birds or something.

Exploration seriously needs some improvement. Am I the only one who thinks the map is even smaller than the previous game?

But now I'm ranting. See you dudes later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users