Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Patriotism

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Soviet Comrade

Soviet Comrade

Mega Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:???????????? ??????????

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:05 AM

Tell us how you feel about your country/other countries.

#2 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:13 AM

I think the US is a fine place to live.

#3 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:48 AM

Earth is... Crappy. Too many homosapiens for my liking. Not enough zombies. Also too many guns, go back to medieval weapons.

As you can tell, I do not have more loyalty to my own race, let alone my country. I don't see the point in being stupid and ignorant over imaginary lines.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)
Yeah, that is what we get. Never mess with Kensai. XD

QUOTE (badkiara103)
Who doesn't want to kill a helpless little girl.

The Holy Kensai Fan Club!
Holy Kensai Suzaku Seraph Ryoku Mankut8397 Blazer Oblivion Riadansen Caladbolg Pie

#4 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:54 AM

I'd be fine with going back to medieval weapons. Then I could challenge people to sword duels and not feel old.

FINE. America's not a bad place to live, even if it gets worse every single day, and if the unnecessary war we are involved in haunts me daily.
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#5 Soviet Comrade

Soviet Comrade

Mega Member

• Veterans
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:???????????? ??????????

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:11 AM

Well, I suppose I could post a somewhat more positive view on my own thoughs of Canada. I think it's a pretty damn good place to live, sure our economy is closely tied to America, and thus weakening..but it's got a decent health care system and lots of natural resources. Our leaders are usually good people, and I strongly support Stephen Harper (current prime minister) opposed to the other options out there. We're not very militant, sure, but we don't need to be. We don't have any real enemies. So we go off and try to keep the peace in other countries.

#6 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:21 AM

You pretty much hit it on the nail, just I find it sad that Stephan Harper is the best we've got. Oh well, at least he';s better than Obama. I don't love Canada, but it is an okay place to live.

(Wow, this could easily be a flame war topic.)
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)
Yeah, that is what we get. Never mess with Kensai. XD

QUOTE (badkiara103)
Who doesn't want to kill a helpless little girl.

The Holy Kensai Fan Club!
Holy Kensai Suzaku Seraph Ryoku Mankut8397 Blazer Oblivion Riadansen Caladbolg Pie

#7 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:55 AM

Being English, I don't like England. Everyone is always miserable >_> . Accidentally catching someone's eye = an invitation to get hit. And English always think they're so much better, and they're not.

#8 Leo

Leo

Gender Non-Conformist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:24 PM

^That is true, the English are sad bastards. Wishy-washy depression is their default state of mind.

Eh, Ireland's all right. The government is just plain terrible, and the country's too small.
Upsides come in the form of everyone loving the Irish peoples, and the Irish accent being incredibly sexy.

Of Raven heart and Sable mind.

#9 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (Leo @ April 13, 2009 02:24 pm)
^That is true, the English are sad bastards. Wishy-washy depression is their default state of mind.

Which is why I'm so pleased to have escaped to Spain before I became like that xD

#10 Tsuki-Hime

Tsuki-Hime

Whiney Fucking Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Anime, RP'ing, Sleeping, Eating, Resting..... well I couldn't think of much I'm content not having a social life:P

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:55 AM

Hmm, well if you've seen my other posts I'm sure you know what my response is. I really don't care for patriotism, I took a quiz recently that asked what I though of patriotism and I saw an answer that fit me belief perfectly, It was something along the lines of "You don't choose your nationality, why be proud of it?"

I find it contradictory how one can harp that racism is bad, yet still distinguish themselves as a certain race. You could claim to be equals but what on earth are you proud about then? Apparently average is nothing to be proud of and if your equal to another group how can you be proud of the norm? Or are you looking at others and saying that they suck?

I don't care for racism, it's not an important topic for me, black/white/yellow/blue who cares? I admit I'm not fond of some countries but I don't harbour this patriotic rubbish. It drives one to despair when people start using the word patriotic for their favourite football clubs, only case of patriotism one should feel is to their actual parents, and even that can be questioned, I sure as hell don't feel any obligation to my parents or any country and I doubt that would change even if I was from whatever the best country in the word is.... ^Sure as hell not England.... How sure is hell btw?

#11 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Aya-Tsuki @ April 14, 2009 01:55 pm)
Hmm, well if you've seen my other posts I'm sure you know what my response is. I really don't care for patriotism, I took a quiz recently that asked what I though of patriotism and I saw an answer that fit me belief perfectly, It was something along the lines of "You don't choose your nationality, why be proud of it?"

I find it contradictory how one can harp that racism is bad, yet still distinguish themselves as a certain race. You could claim to be equals but what on earth are you proud about then? Apparently average is nothing to be proud of and if your equal to another group how can you be proud of the norm? Or are you looking at others and saying that they suck?

I don't care for racism, it's not an important topic for me, black/white/yellow/blue who cares? I admit I'm not fond of some countries but I don't harbour this patriotic rubbish. It drives one to despair when people start using the word patriotic for their favourite football clubs, only case of patriotism one should feel is to their actual parents, and even that can be questioned, I sure as hell don't feel any obligation to my parents or any country and I doubt that would change even if I was from whatever the best country in the word is.... ^Sure as hell not England.... How sure is hell btw?

I don't think hell is sure, as I don't think it exists xD

I didn't think there was 'patriotism' to a club, more 'fanboyism'.

#12 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Aya-Tsuki @ April 14, 2009 06:55 am)
^Sure as hell not England.... How sure is hell btw?

I dunno, but I've been to hell once when I had a near death experience. It was sure pretty...

---

Anyway yeah, America sucks. *Flame shield*
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#13 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:dingleberries

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:43 PM

Well I vouluntarily joined the US Air Force so yea I'd say I'm pretty damn patriotic lol. I'd never want to live in any country than here (MAYBE Japan because Japan is awesome happy.gif)
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users