Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

"Emo" People

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:15 PM

What do you think about emo people? What does it mean to be emo? Is it just a term to use to make fun of people or is being "emo" something serious? Do you feel bad for people who are emo?

Discuss~

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Fire Blazer @ April 12, 2009 02:15 pm)
What do you think about emo people? What does it mean to be emo? Is it just a term to use to make fun of people or is being "emo" something serious? Do you feel bad for people who are emo?

Discuss~

I think that "emo's" are people that think that there life suck. Emo is really about bands. I don't feel for emo's.

#3 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:33 PM

Seriously? But what if people who are considered "emo" are people who are undergoing problems in real life and they just do what they do in an attempt to get attention that they need?

Then again, some "emo" people might make a few friends but not feel satisfied and bring about a personality characterized by negativity, pessimism, etc., due to their past conditions; in otherwords, they become emo and when they are offered help they don't know how to accept it, make the best of it, and adapt to a life where they aren't so depressed.

Not sure if anything I said was making sense or true I'm just ranting. >_<

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#4 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Fire Blazer @ April 12, 2009 02:33 pm)
Seriously? But what if people who are considered "emo" are people who are undergoing problems in real life and they just do what they do in an attempt to get attention that they need?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo

Yeah, emo people just want people to care about them.

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:38 PM

Wikipedia is Wikipedia; it doesn't substitute experience or first-hand gained knowledge or w/e it is called.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Fire Blazer @ April 12, 2009 02:38 pm)
Wikipedia is Wikipedia; it doesn't substitute experience or first-hand gained knowledge or w/e it is called.

True, but some of Wikipedia has good info.

I truely don't like emo's, I mean get over it.

#7 Leo

Leo

Gender Non-Conformist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:24 PM

By a weird coincidence, I'm listening to Sunny Day Real Estate right now...

So, yeah, I'm somewhat of an Emo.
First and foremost of course is the music. Emo (or emocore) is another genre of music that started an associated counterculture, much like punk or goth-rock.
It's gotten some seriously bad press recently, I don't know why. In the news you hear about gangs in Mexico going around beating up any emos they can find, which is pretty ****ed up.

Of Raven heart and Sable mind.

#8 Felover3

Felover3

feLURKER

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • Interests:Archery, Guns, Ballroom Dancing, Cooking, Board Games, Magic TCG, Gaming, FE, Lost in Blue.

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:11 PM

Emo = Emotional

People just use the term incorrectly with people who need to stop complaining and slitting their wrists.

Emo today = Therapy

Emo, Emotional = Too lazy to say emotional...
-------------------------------------
The Legendary Lurker

"When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in someone's eyes and steal whatever the hell life gave them." ~Me

Has a Blazor Favor

#9 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:02 PM

Well, what people call 'emos' now are just people who like to think they're gonna slit their own wrists because life is so depressing and nobody loves them. However, 'emo' means 'emotional', not 'emotionally unstable'.

#10 DH_Ninja

DH_Ninja

Pro Lurker

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:34 AM

Emo is horrible and needs to die out. It's just plane suck. Goth on the other hand is something completely different and has been given a bad name due to Emo >.> It's horrible I think.

#11 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:38 AM

lol. Emo is just a type of attention whoring.
So is prep.
So is punk.
So is goth.

Hm. Weird. Seems like the only non-attention whores are the people stuck in their basements/apartments due to being actually rejected by society to the point where their only proof of life is a paycheck.

Emo =/= Emotional. It was supposed to for the type of music, but it wasn't. Hippie music, that's emotional. Pure emotional love for weed. Emo music, that's just plain whiny.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)
Yeah, that is what we get. Never mess with Kensai. XD

QUOTE (badkiara103)
Who doesn't want to kill a helpless little girl.

The Holy Kensai Fan Club!
Holy Kensai Suzaku Seraph Ryoku Mankut8397 Blazer Oblivion Riadansen Caladbolg Pie

#12 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (Holy_kensai @ April 12, 2009 10:38 pm)
lol. Emo is just a type of attention whoring.
So is prep.
So is punk.
So is goth.

Hm. Weird. Seems like the only non-attention whores are the people stuck in their basements/apartments due to being actually rejected by society to the point where their only proof of life is a paycheck.

Emo =/= Emotional. It was supposed to for the type of music, but it wasn't. Hippie music, that's emotional. Pure emotional love for weed. Emo music, that's just plain whiny.

Some is, some is not. Fall out boy to some people fall in to the emo part of music and I don't think they are whiny.

#13 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:58 AM

I find them quite whiny. tongue.gif Then again, I find most things whiny.

I also find that emos=punks=skaters=juggalos=goths=preps. Different fashion, same idiotic attitude. Same conceit.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)

QUOTE (badkiara103)

Holy Kensai Suzaku Seraph Ryoku Mankut8397 Blazer Oblivion Riadansen Caladbolg Pie

#14 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (Holy_kensai @ April 12, 2009 10:58 pm)
I find them quite whiny. tongue.gif Then again, I find most things whiny.

I also find that emos=punks=skaters=juggalos=goths=preps. Different fashion, same idiotic attitude. Same conceit.

.... I skate, am I am emo? no I am not. I don't think skaters and preps go there.

#15 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:04 AM

By skaters I meant the label. The people who skateboard all the time, and try to do the "tricking" videos and whatnot, the idiots MTV is aimed at.

Preps are just emos who wear brighter colors and have more friends. And usually sleep around more. I find both are just as stupid.

Obviously going with stereotypes, as stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason and exceptions are negligible.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)

QUOTE (badkiara103)

#16 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (Holy_kensai @ April 12, 2009 11:04 pm)
By skaters I meant the label. The people who skateboard all the time, and try to do the "tricking" videos and whatnot, the idiots MTV is aimed at.

Preps are just emos who wear brighter colors and have more friends. And usually sleep around more. I find both are just as stupid.

Obviously going with stereotypes, as stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason and exceptions are negligible.

Bam? Tony? I don't see them wearing brighter colors or sleeping around, they are both married.

#17 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:16 AM

Who? :S If by Tony you mean the skating guy, that's a job, he's not a skater. We're talking about highschool labels, which may extend to post-secondary, but not beyond that. (hopefully)

If you are referring to Tony the Tiger, I don't get it.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)

QUOTE (badkiara103)

#18 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (Holy_kensai @ April 12, 2009 11:16 pm)
Who? :S If by Tony you mean the skating guy, that's a job, he's not a skater. We're talking about highschool labels, which may extend to post-secondary, but not beyond that. (hopefully)

If you are referring to Tony the Tiger, I don't get it.

Tony was skating when he was in high school,

#19 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:25 AM

Yes, and I bet it barely gets talked about, or he could be one of the exceptions. Which could explain why he got famous, cause he was actually good at it and not just trying to be cool and get attention. or being good at it could've been a result of trying to be the above.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)

QUOTE (badkiara103)

#20 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (Holy_kensai @ April 12, 2009 11:25 pm)
Yes, and I bet it barely gets talked about, or he could be one of the exceptions. Which could explain why he got famous, cause he was actually good at it and not just trying to be cool and get attention. or being good at it could've been a result of trying to be the above.

Ok, what you been trying to say is, that people who are ATTN whores are emo?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users