1 reply to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:59 PM

Due to issues with the current host (including the recent downtime), I am switching to a different host.

In doing so I will need to migrate over the entire site, forums, etc., and this means:

1) There will inevitably be some downtime at some points

2) Any posts or such made after the forum back-up is taken but before the forums are migrated will likely be lost

To help prevent #2, I may turn the forums offline before I take a final back-up.

Feel free to ask any questions, and thank you kindly for your understanding and support.

- Blazer

• HogardPn likes this

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:40 AM

UPDATE:

OK, so I've been struggling for several, maybe even a dozen hours over the past few days, but I think I've finally gotten everything in decent working order.

It wasn't easy: I've looked at like, dozens of page online, opened up 4 support tickets, imported databases multiple times, made so many small little adjustments to things, backed things up, waited for uploads and downloads and converters and importers and UADASOIDUJAISOUDUASDIOA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH IT WAS SUCH A PAIIIIIIINNN

but the old host was really, really poor, apparently had a 1-star rating according to what Blue Leafeon said, lol

*googles*

http://www.whtop.com...iew/haphost.com

wow they weren't kidding

so yeah, I upgraded to a slightly better host that should have more uptime and shouldn't randomly try to shut down my site and should hopefully actually respond to tickets with some small level of intelligence (though their responses so far weren't super helpful, but at least they were something of some small substance, lol)

ANYWAY

Thank you for your patience and sorry that the site was up/down (mostly down) over the few days, and also sorry if anyone posted stuff or the like and it was lost: I know some shouts were lost but it couldn't really be helped as I had to delete the forums database and then try to re-import it from the back-up at least a couple times, so yeah.

- Blazer

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users