Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  xcrash1998 : (30 November 2019 - 11:07 PM) New fictional holiday "Index Day"
@  Fire Blazer : (28 November 2019 - 08:52 PM) yeah just guest bots and stuff I think :( we really were active once upon a time though...
@  kirant : (26 November 2019 - 03:48 PM) No invasion. I imagine a lot of guest bots visiting for indexing purposes.
@  xcrash1998 : (26 November 2019 - 02:15 PM) How is most people online at 959 for the 8th of October of this year? Is that right? Did I miss something or was there somekind of spambot invasion?
@  xcrash1998 : (26 November 2019 - 02:06 PM) I know what you mean, it gets awkard to post something unrelated to the current conversation, and even if somebody picks up on it, it would just become a huge mess in the c hatbox if a multitude of groups talk about different topics.
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:45 PM) especially better imo if you want to update on a topic but like only occasionally (e.g. a project you're working on or a let's play of a game)
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) it's hard for me to explain precisely why but forums just like work better for meaningful discussion over a longer period of time ig
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) but that's def just not hte same ig, idk
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) yeah, you can also kind of respond at your own pace on forums. Discord conversations are often like... it's awkward to respond to something that happened a while ago, especially if the server is active, but even just in general. since you sort of need to keep track of multiple conversations at once at times, and it's not like it has a good reply/quote system ala forums, closest thing really is to copy/paste or screenshot the text you're responding to and then type a response below
@  Elwood : (09 November 2019 - 11:29 AM) Adding on to what's been said, I just enjoy the order and structure of the forums. You can look through the threads and know exactly what people are talking about. Conversation get lost and buried on discord which is why I'm not a big fan of it.
@  kirant : (06 November 2019 - 05:31 AM) I enjoy that part of forums too. They become niche communities where you can have very specialized conversations as opposed to the cluttered mess in Discord.
@  Ezra : (31 October 2019 - 01:17 AM) Yeah, part of me wishes I could go back to the times forums were more prevalent. I really enjoyed how even several different forums based off the same franchise could feel so different. It's not like what we now is bad though, I just feel nostalgic for old times.
@  Fire Blazer : (30 October 2019 - 06:39 AM) also forums in general are just not as prevalent, there are so many other ways to interact these days, like Twitter, FB, Tumblr, etc., where you can just throw your thoughts into the void. I think that's the real issue and that the only people rly interested in forums these days are either super dedicated to whatever they're about, have a specific reason/need to (e.g. support forums), or grew up with them and are thus attached to the idea enough to continue to try and use them (this was kinda me for a while lol but things happen, I couldn't keep it up forever)
@  Fire Blazer : (30 October 2019 - 06:36 AM) I've posted on SF for various reasons ofc but in terms of like making friends and stuff it's p. much just been smaller groups/forums, yeah. mainly FES
@  Elwood : (27 October 2019 - 10:08 PM) Only reason I'm even on Serenes was because I had hacking questions. @Ezra yeah I figured it must be an age thing. I've been called an old man by many a child because I use Facebook.
@  kirant : (26 October 2019 - 09:39 PM) It's strange. I don't think I've ever posted on Serenes...period. I've always been a fan of smaller forums.
@  Ezra : (26 October 2019 - 05:49 AM) I think it's because a lot of newer FE players didn't frequent forums growing up. And those that do probably end up on Serenes.
@  Elwood : (25 October 2019 - 07:30 AM) I would love to revitalize this place I'm just not sure how that would be done. I mean with how main stream FE seems to have become I'm honestly surprised we don't have more members.
@  Fire Blazer : (21 October 2019 - 08:04 PM) tfw u not coming here results in not seeing a PM from last month T_T ok gonna try and check at least every couple weeks now even if there's nothing here, lol...
@  Fire Blazer : (21 October 2019 - 07:54 PM) I come here almost never because I've fallen out of habit and basically just accepted the forums are dead :( it's neat you come here every day tho

Photo

GFX Help

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts
  • Location:On your mom's bed. Under the covers with your mom. Showing off. My glow in the dark watch.

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:21 PM

I figured out how to make one already. So too late >_>
user posted image

I won't remove this until I have gotten an overkill extermination in Halo MLG.-started August 13, 2010, 8-13-2010 Got it on December 18, 2010! WOOT!
I won't remove this until I get a killtacular in Halo MLG- Started December 29, 2010.
Bloodfalcon22-pokemanzz cnt dye
FELover3- If I beat the shit out of them they do

Rujio -- Cows are more important than anything.
Rujio -- ANYTHING

Blood Falcon -- Hey bblues, are you able to ban the GoogleBot?
bblues -- I don't think so.
Blood Falcon -- Damn, lol.
bblues -- He's above the law : P

QUOTE (Grey_Tensho @ March 10, 2010 04:07 pm)
Bloodfalcon is as crazy over copyright as youtube is lol.

#42 Mankut

Mankut

Mega Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:You

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (Bloodfalcon22 @ June 30, 2009 04:21 pm)
I figured out how to make one already. So too late >_>

What tutorial do u use?
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Fire Blazer -- Man Cute is on

#43 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:28 PM

^Wow that's pretty helpful. I might try it sometime...
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#44 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts
  • Location:On your mom's bed. Under the covers with your mom. Showing off. My glow in the dark watch.

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:29 PM

The figured-it-out-on-my-own tutorial. I find it to be quite nice.

Step 1. Open a new file on Gimp.(370X140)
Step 2. Copy and paste the background, move it around to whever to want. To get the background type "Abstract" on deviantart. Pick a background you like, make sure to full view before copying it. Sometimes in copying the full image it doesn't show the image when you paste it. In which case just copy the smaller view if it isn't to small.
Step 3. Add the text somewhere. Gimp has many availible fonts to use.
Step 4. Close the file, obviously saving it.
Step 5. Open up the file again, copy it, and paste it on a MS paint file.
Step 6. Paste your render, take out the black behind it, and put how ever much the sig is able to take on the image( transparency selection), without the image going under. A good place for renders is planetrenders.net.
Step 7. Put a pitch black line around the sig and you are done!
user posted image

I won't remove this until I have gotten an overkill extermination in Halo MLG.-started August 13, 2010, 8-13-2010 Got it on December 18, 2010! WOOT!
I won't remove this until I get a killtacular in Halo MLG- Started December 29, 2010.

Rujio -- ANYTHING

#45 Mankut

Mankut

Mega Member

• Veterans
  • 635 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (Bloodfalcon22 @ June 30, 2009 04:29 pm)

Step 2. Copy and paste the background, move it around toi whever to want.

How do you make the background in the first place?
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#46 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:15 AM

Type "abstract" on deviantart.com.
user posted image

Rujio -- ANYTHING

#47 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:42 PM

Er bear with me here. I'm trying to get into GFXing.
So the renders at Planet Renders are for personal use then?
Where exactly do I get backgrounds? And where do I get the brushes for GIMP. I just downloaded it and I now have no clue what to do.

Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#48 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:05 PM

You have to add them by going into GIMP's folders and manually placing them there. Look up a quick tutorial on google, it's simple.

As for backgrounds, besides googling... you could just create backgrounds on your own, and there are sites where you can find basic backgrounds and textures, once again, Google, it's this post's friend as well as your friend. smile.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#49 Mankut

Mankut

Mega Member

• Veterans
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:48 PM

The tutorial I use: http://www.imeem.com...-gimp-tutorial/

And you're supposed to save the brushes into a folder in your computer. I think it's Local Drive C: Program Files: GIMP 2.0: Share: GIMP: 2.0: Brushes.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#50 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:video games, reading, sleeping, eating

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:22 PM

umm im new to pretty much everything that is spriting/gfxing and whatnot so i have probably one of the basic noob questions to ask.

When making portraits and such for a fire emblem hack what do i save the image as in paint?
user posted image
Created by Blood Falcon. Thanks for the excellent work!

#51 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:08 PM

PNGs. Unless it's the final draft; in which case, GIF (I think, it's been a while).

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#52 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:video games, reading, sleeping, eating

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ May 12 2011, 10:08 AM)
PNGs. Unless it's the final draft; in which case, GIF (I think, it's been a while).

hmm still makes me unsure xD

ima be importing these into FEditor adv if that helps any lol
user posted image
Created by Blood Falcon. Thanks for the excellent work!

#53 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:23 PM

I'm pretty sure it's png, anyway. If that doesn't work than use gifs.

Pngs are the best for generally saving sprites on, anyway, but in reality you're fine as long as you don't jpeg/jpg them.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users