Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Smash Bros. DLC Thread - Roy, Ryu, Lucas, Stages, More!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:00 PM

Oh man, so the event today brought in a LOT of stuff, especially for those who weren't spoiled due to the leaks:

Here's the entire video:

Here's the Roy part (I think Merc posted it too lol)

here's a boring recap

http://nintendoevery...p-announcement/

so yeah this is pretty awesome; aside from Roy we also have Ryu from Street Fighter (I'm also a fan of him; I mean his HADOUKEN and SHORYUUKEN are pretty well-known and he's already a fighting character and his moveset is pretty cool what with you being able to use specials 2 ways and having different variations on the attacks just like his actual game!)

and we have the Tekken/Virtua Fighter/Mega Man.EXE and other costumes

also the Miiverse stage, the Street Fighter stage, DREAM LAND, and UPLOADING REPLAYS TO YOUTUBE + A TOURNAMENT MODE COMING IN THE FUTURE! THIS WILL BE SO NICE FOR SMASH, PEOPLE WILL BE ABLE TO EASILY SHARE REPLAYS AS WELL AS HAVE TOURNAMENTS, IMAGINE HOW AWESOME THAT WILL BE FOR PEOPLE

Man that was a pretty hype way to start E3, I got brought down to a personal killjoy moment (got charged for $150 due to errors when I only meant to add $50...) but it's still kind of exciting. Hopefully they still have plenty of awesome to show during E3... though I pretty much don't expect anything more on the Smash front of things! That was already way more than expected!

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Lucia

Lucia

FES's Kinkiest Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, Music, Gaming, Art, Graphic Design

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:02 PM

I am so excited. We got E3 starting off with a BANG and it's a good one to be sure!! I'm legit excited to be playing some Ryu and Roy. Originally I was just super excited for Lucas to return but now I've gotta juggle two more characters!!

user posted image
made me promise to never tell but you know me, i can't help myself

#3 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:06 PM

Damnit I need a Wii u XD

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#4 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:23 PM

buying roy and ryu as soon as this update finally downloads. DL SPEEDS WHY YOU DENY ME THE HYPE?

hah, can't even buy them yet. servers too flooded atm.

Edit so i don't have to post again: omigoshthere'saheihachimiifightercostume.

For those of you who can't read that, basically i need to give Nintendo more of my money

#5 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:38 PM

aHjIUs2.png

(Image is thanks to Hatless)

I'll so gonna be using the light blue one. So much blue  :lol:

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#6 Darkstorm980

Darkstorm980

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:11 PM

Yo so I saw the direct (Roy mostly) and was suddenly reminded of you/this forum. I can't believe it's still around.

user posted image

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:45 AM

I am so excited. We got E3 starting off with a BANG and it's a good one to be sure!! I'm legit excited to be playing some Ryu and Roy. Originally I was just super excited for Lucas to return but now I've gotta juggle two more characters!!

I know, I was fine with Lucas and I was like "ahh, Roy and Ryu (who got leaked) might not even come for a while". NOPE, they came today and it was pretty hype and Lucas kind of got side-lined even though I liked him/used him quite a bit in Brawl XD

buying roy and ryu as soon as this update finally downloads. DL SPEEDS WHY YOU DENY ME THE HYPE?

hah, can't even buy them yet. servers too flooded atm.

Edit so i don't have to post again: omigoshthere'saheihachimiifightercostume.

For those of you who can't read that, basically i need to give Nintendo more of my money

the server problems sucked, like a lot actually, lol, but yeah I've been giving Nintendo a loooot of money lately...

Yo so I saw the direct (Roy mostly) and was suddenly reminded of you/this forum. I can't believe it's still around.

oh my gosh... this is really pushing my memory, but aren't you the guy who worked on M.U.G.E.N. with me ages ago? dude, it has literally been ages. this is a nostalgic throwback I did not expect, haha. and it's amazing how Roy reminded you of us; he kind of IS our mascot (unofficially), but still. it is good to see you. if you see this, let me know how you're doing! if nothing else it'd be nice to hear how life is treating you... hopefully well. and if you have a Wii U or 3DS or anything and ever wanna hang out, we'd be happy to have you, though I won't expect anything, haha.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 Mariofan20

Mariofan20

Table Flipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Video Games and becoming one of the best Puyo Puyo players.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:44 AM

The day I heard someone wanting Ryu on Twitter I ended up wanting the same thing as well but knew it wouldn't happen... Boy was I wrong and I am very happy about it. I am very happy about Roy returning as well since he is a pretty popular character. I was able to get the character DLC including Mewtwo that I kinda missed out on today as well as the Zero costume and Kirby's Dreamland (N64) stage. I am having a lot of fun with Roy as well as Ryu so I am not disappointed. As for Mewtwo and Lucas I played around with them a bit but ended up using Roy and Ryu more. Sakurai really knows how to surprise people.

#9 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:42 PM

Where do I preorder my ROB Amiibo? :P

I've been on the fence for a while, but between all the love that the Wii U Smash has been getting and playing Splatoon at a friend's house, I'm definitely getting a Wii U now.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#10 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:06 PM

Where do I preorder my ROB Amiibo? :P

I've been on the fence for a while, but between all the love that the Wii U Smash has been getting and playing Splatoon at a friend's house, I'm definitely getting a Wii U now.

Glad to hear it! Hope you manage to get it soon. ROB amiibo idk but it'll probably be a bit rare so try to pay attention for whenever pre-orders for that open XD

btw, I heard that Japan is getting a different version than us, lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#11 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:13 PM

Glad to hear it! Hope you manage to get it soon. ROB amiibo idk but it'll probably be a bit rare so try to pay attention for whenever pre-orders for that open XD

btw, I heard that Japan is getting a different version than us, lol

I just looked into that and they're getting the grey/red version, while we get grey/dark grey. Welp, time to import!

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#12 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:55 PM

I just looked into that and they're getting the grey/red version, while we get grey/dark grey. Welp, time to import!

yup, glad I mentioned it then, lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#13 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:22 PM

does anyone else think maybe roy got beefed up a little too much? i mean, a fully charged neutral b will ko at 0%(super unlikely to happen in a real match, but still). and even his smash attacks have tons of launching power. i'm not complaining by any means, but given the fact that he's a blade lord(high speed no measurable strength stat) shouldn't they have brought him in line with marth rather than put him up to ike levels of power?

#14 Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

The goldfishest memory ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:43 PM

fully charged neutral b will ko at 0%

...I'm perplexed as to why people are saying this, it's exactly the same as it was in Melee.

given the fact that he's a blade lord(high speed no measurable strength stat) shouldn't they have brought him in line with marth rather than put him up to ike levels of power?

Master Lord actually, 25's to all of his stats. He's 'balanced' (Or, at least supposed to be) Also, about the Marth thing, if they kept him at Marth's power he would just be more of a clone.

d1e502f831c13190dd34a16b376298af%20-%20C

WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA, HERE'S YOUR COMPLIMENTARY

DIAL-UP INTERNET AND OVERLY-POISONOUS ARACHNID

#15 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:44 PM

His charge blade was a one hit ko in melee too. I'm just glad that a FE character is good in this game now.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#16 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:40 PM

sorry, never played melee so i didn't know about that. i know that they couldn't have him at the same place as marth exactly, but it jsut feels like they went too far. and i'm not saying that because he's hard to fight against, i say it because he's way too easy to play. haven't actually lost a for glory match with him yet. haven't even come in second. he just seems super strong

#17 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:26 AM

For Glory ain't a good measure of skill lol. He isn't top tier so I don't particularly care since Shiek, Pikachu, etc are still better than him. He has strong points and has his weaknesses.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#18 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:34 AM

No it isn't, but tiers aren't as important as what works for you personally imo. Shiek may be considered better than roy, but I'm personally better with Roy than shiek. If i tried to take most "top tier"characters I'd lose pretty quickly.

Edit: just for an example, you wouldn't touch ike for anything even remotely competitive right? Well i play him better than any other character, so I'd be picking him first. I'm not saying tiers don't matter at all.certainly if i spent the time to learn one of the top tier characters I'd do better, but right now I'm much better with others.

#19 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:51 AM

does anyone else think maybe roy got beefed up a little too much? i mean, a fully charged neutral b will ko at 0%(super unlikely to happen in a real match, but still). and even his smash attacks have tons of launching power. i'm not complaining by any means, but given the fact that he's a blade lord(high speed no measurable strength stat) shouldn't they have brought him in line with marth rather than put him up to ike levels of power?

yeah sorry I'm kinda with Cero on this. I don't think he's beefed up too much. your most recent post doesn't feel relevant either, no offense; like sure, of course what matters most is the characters you're relevant as, but in that case, you can't really take your own experiences as making a character OP or not... that is to say, just because you're doing well with Roy right now, doesn't make him too good. usually things like tiers and how good a character is competitively depend on their percentages, knockback, weight/how fast they die, recovery, move speed, hitboxes, and how long their moves take to come out/how much lag there is after they come out. in other words, it's more about things that can be measured or quantified in some way. from that perspective, I don't think Roy is too good.

he seems slightly weaker than Ike (but just slightly) but definitely stronger than Marth, which is good; he was stronger than Marth in Melee too. Marth feels lighter and is better with the edge of his sword whereas Roy is better closer to the hilt, as known. Roy has a counter with less of an opening but more damage, like Melee. His attacks are stronger but his range is shorter than Marth's and his attacks have more of a "weight" to them (I can't really explain it well though). Overall I think he comes into his own well--he's different from Marth and Ike and though he's probably slightly better than the two, he's far from being a great character.

also, he's a new character so a lot of people probably have no idea how to play him or against him. in a way it's the same phenomenon as how people went Little Mac early on in Smash or went paint rollers early on in Splatoon. until people get a little more familiar with the new additions to the roster, those new additions are going to feel a little odd for some people, possibly even OP. but as Cero said, For Glory is a somewhat poor way to judge skill... to the say least. :\

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#20 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:43 AM

there was something else here before, but it was kinda really rude sounding. and i though of a better way to put it anyway.

Basically what's going on is i wasn't looking at him objectively. i don't really pay attention to stuff like what you described blazer, so really all i have is personal experience. my experience with roy is that he's powerful. if i did look at him objectively i'm sure i'd see the same flaws you did. either way i'm so far out of my league in this conversation. honestly i don't have any place trying to argue against what you're saying, and should have thought better of it before i did. so i apologize for that. 

just to clarify i do know that for glory isn't a good test of skill or anything, but it's better than nothing when it comes to trying out something new.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users