Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fire Blazer : (15 September 2019 - 05:39 AM) I do kinda miss the days these forums were active :(
@  Ezra : (29 August 2019 - 04:14 PM) *BOX!!!*
@  kirant : (19 August 2019 - 12:49 PM) Huh. Bothammer time.
@  Elwood : (12 August 2019 - 05:57 AM) Oh, new posts! ...And it's bots. Kinda nostalgic actually.
@  xcrash1998 : (22 June 2019 - 09:24 PM) (Brushes dust of the Shoutbox)
@  Elwood : (17 June 2019 - 06:14 AM) *tumbleweed*
@  Lucina : (16 June 2019 - 09:19 AM) Whew. I haven't been here in forever.
@  Cero : (11 June 2019 - 06:51 PM) oof
@  kirant : (01 June 2019 - 05:54 PM) f
@  Fire Blazer : (30 May 2019 - 03:01 AM) rip
@  Valke : (29 May 2019 - 08:20 AM) bruh i deleted my discord a few months ago,,,,
@  Fire Blazer : (28 May 2019 - 01:59 AM) glad ur alive. join our Discord
@  Fire Blazer : (28 May 2019 - 01:59 AM) yo
@  Valke : (25 May 2019 - 03:08 PM) im alive, college finally gave me breaks (coupled with a few assignments i need to turn next week)
@  Valke : (25 May 2019 - 03:07 PM) hi
@  Valke : (25 May 2019 - 03:07 PM) guys
@  Fire Blazer : (25 March 2019 - 10:43 PM) how things have changed
@  Elwood : (12 March 2019 - 08:31 AM) (a sigh somewhere between small and large)
@  kirant : (12 March 2019 - 05:40 AM) (larger sigh)
@  Fire Blazer : (11 March 2019 - 08:49 PM) (small sigh)

Photo

Passive discrimination against homosexuals

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:dingleberries

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

user posted image

Stuff like this. Illegalising gay marriage. Denying gay couples the right to adopt children while drug addicted alcoholic couples can adopt kids to further abuse welfare simply because they're heterosexual. This stuff just bothers the hell out of me. I mean people like Kim Cardashian can go out and have a wedding that cost $10 MILLION and then end in devorce just weeks later, but its the homosexuals who will "ruin the sanctity of marriage" Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

So whats you opinion on this?
(no this has nothing to do with that flame war with you know who)

I'll leave you with this:
user posted image
user posted image

#2 Echo-279

Echo-279

The Gray Ghost.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

I agree Tencho, gay couples shouldn't be illegalized.
Darkness will reclaim what the Light had created.

I will not remove this until i beat Bloody Palace mode in DMC 3.

" Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to? think they're invincible...I bet you do too, Buddy."

QUOTE (Rujio @ Jun 16 2013, 05:22 PM)
Welcome to FEShrine, where our core members are lurkers and bots.

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Feb 20 2013, 05:01 AM)
I hate you, Ryoku. Jk. Happy birthday, Ryoku! Hope you have a long and fulfilling year ahead of you.

Quote it

user posted image

#3 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

Like I've tried to convey in the past, there is nothing wrong with homo/bi/transsexuals. There really isn't a difference, I mean believe what you want all you "faggot haters" but I just want to know why it makes a difference how someone else is happy when it doesn't even affect your life? I'd say the only time that I'd feel uncomfortable about this whole issue is if I was being flirted with (and unwanted flirting from a girl is the same thing, doesn't really matter on the sexual orientation of the person) and with the whole drug abuse parents thing, that is complete bullshit.
Posted Image

#4 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

People should be able to marry who they love regardless of sexual orientation, end of story. The whole keeping the sanctity of marriage thing is a huge joke considering how often divorces occur now a days.
Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#5 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

What I really don't get is when people are like "legal unions are okay but you can't call it marriage!" So what if you don't view them as married under God? Why shouldn't they get to use the same word? I mean, what about atheists who get married? Or Buddhists? I've never heard Christian objections to them getting "married."
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#6 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Rujio @ Jan 25 2012, 10:04 AM)
What I really don't get is when people are like "legal unions are okay but you can't call it marriage!" So what if you don't view them as married under God? Why shouldn't they get to use the same word? I mean, what about atheists who get married? Or Buddhists? I've never heard Christian objections to them getting "married."

No one objected to my parents having a Pagan handfasting on their 20th anniversary instead of a traditional renewing of vows. (equivalent to a normal marriage and in way, recognized by law as a legal marriage)
user posted image

#7 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:26 AM

And is there any difference between the different "heretical" marriages "in the eyes of God?" It's absurd that people can get away with stopping gays from marrying when you know that a bill to make all non-Christian marriages illegal would get shot down incredibly quickly.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#8 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

Exactly. But its all the narrow minded bible-thumpers (no offense to any Christians here) that don't want it to happen cuz apparently God hates fags.
user posted image

#9 Shu

Shu

Sealord

• GFX Artist
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Pimpin'

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

I've been Christian all my life and I don't plan on changing my views because honestly, for me, religion is between an individual and the faith itself. Churches and other facets of organized religion really don't need to be involved. While organized religion can be some good (How many charities do you see with crosses or fish on them? A lot.), history shows that organized religion leads to brutal theocracies, crusades/jihads, etc.

I'm raised Lutheran, and one of the first thing my pastors taught me was that all you gotta do to be good enough for Heaven is to believe (I'm sure some exceptions are made for the likes of Hitler, but whatever). In addition to that, I was taught that God is a father. I don't know about you guys, but my father would support me no matter my orientation or goals in life were as long as I wasn't actually hurting people or doing bad things for fun or whatever. That is how I see God.

Thus, I believe that God has no issues with homosexuality. In addition, I support gay marriage, and it should totally be legal in every state. If the church doesn't want to recognize it, fine. Shame on them. Really, that doesn't matter though. As long as homosexuals can be legally married and get everything a heterosexual marriage can in the eyes of the government.
user posted image
Gallery

I will not remove this until the Vikings win the Super Bowl - Started 1/28/11

"i had to google bukkake."
-Boney

#10 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:27 AM

Shu I really wish all Christians were like you, cuz half of them are hypocrites. One second they say God loves everyone, the next they preach about gays being sinful or w/e. This is somewhat unrelated, but, my mothers side of the family (grandmother and one of my aunts) are such Christians. They always preach to me and my brother about morality and not judging ppl and what not, but when I asked if I could bring my black gf with me to thanksgiving, they said SHE WAS NOT ALLOWED. For being black. Even when I used myself as a bartering chip ("Either you allow her or don't see me for another 2 years") they still said no. Yea, nice Christian attitude grandma. (/rant over)
user posted image

#11 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:59 AM

Christianity is, in many ways, a very contradictory faith when you take into account all it has said... but after 2,000 years in which it has dominated three continents is that really surprising?

It doesn't surprise that someone raised Lutheran would have a point of view like that, either. I mean, that's what Martin Luther said- faith is between you and God. He didn't like how organized religion was doing things, either. Seems awfully similar to Shu's ideas.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?

#12 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • Location:My body lies in Georgia...but my mind lives in Arthias.
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

Well...I'm going to be completely honest. I don't mind gays, I'm not going to hate someone because they're gay. I do have issues sometimes though. Last summer, I had a job, and one of my coworkers was a homosexual. I felt....awkward when I was around him. For some reason...I would always lose my cool...I would just feel...awkward. I had nothing against him. Or so I thought. One particular time, I was wearing a shirt, and he commented on it saying, "Ooooh....I just LOVE that shirt..." I felt super awkward. For some reason, I mumbled, "I'm going to burn this shirt..." Luckily, I caught myself...Why the hell was I so concerned? I realized I was acting immature. I had nothing against this guy, so why was I acting so...nervous around him? I held that hatred for a little while...but I had people who helped me to lose it. My older sister is a homosexual. I know I don't hate her. And it was because of that...that I was able to get rid of my...hatred for homosexuals. Even if you DON'T like someone, it is NOT okay to wish harm on them. I don't agree with this whole..."Gay Marriage is wrong." thing at all. Its like Ryoku said. Why the heck should we be concerned about gays marrying if it DOESN'T concern us?

It's kind of like something one of my mentors said in a lecture.

"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

After reflecting on his statement, I agree completely. Why should we be concerned about such trivial things? Gay, straight, black, white, etc.

Why should it matter?

I don't think it should.
"You'll never forgive me? Like I give a damn."
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
^ This isn't dead, I swear!
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

3DS Friend Code 0834 - 1057 - 3616

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users