Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Cats or dogs?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: pets (7 member(s) have cast votes)

which one is best?

1. cats (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. dogs (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. rabbits (1 votes [14.29%])

4. capybaras (1 votes [14.29%])

5. turtles (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. fish (0 votes [0.00%])

7. octopus (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

8. other (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:09 AM

The question as old as time itself. Which makes a better pet?

Now we all know that the answer is cats. But for the sake of debate, and because they are such benevolent overlords, they will allow us to feel otherwise(but only temporarily). I will stay out of this however because I have a thing with cats. I love them, they love me(I can pick up strays that I've never met before, and in five minutes have them purring for me. It's fantastic).

#2 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:24 AM

I can't believe you, zac.

What the fuck is with these bitches and thieving cats and their fucking majority privilege, seriously. Other animals exist too for fucks sake. Where are the rights? How come everybody goes all up in arms when dogs or cats get eaten but routinely hunt the most sacred animal comprehensible? Unbelievable. This is why I hate humanity.

AyGN1rx.jpg

Now prostrate before your new overlords, infidel. Or do you want us to do as we did with medieval Europe?

160608124046-medieval-killer-rabbits-4-e

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#3 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:55 AM

it was because of the shoutbox, and my deep personal relationship with the feline species. i'm afraid i simply don't have room for rabbits(although i think i could squeeze them in if capybaras didn't exist)

#4 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:accepting things

Posted 26 June 2016 - 05:39 PM

Dogs.

Just can't reach a connection with a cat like you can a dog. Cats are too stuck up for me man.
Dave Grohl is rock and roll personified.

Actually a real smart genius man, but I'll never show it.

#5 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:33 PM

Dogs require way too much attention and effort. MOST cats are intelligent enough to use a litterbox if they know one's around. Dogs have to be housetrained or kept outside forever.

My experience with cats is more like they see you as equals. Dogs, however, have this leader-of-the-pack complex where either you're the alpha dog, or they'll never listen to you. I had one dog who I never managed to house-train. She behaved in every way like the generic public sees cats: She doesn't have to come when she's called. She doesn't have to obey. She doesn't even have to use the bathroom where you want her to. She'll wait until your back is turned and go right back to where she KNOWS you don't want her to go. I tried just about everything I could to train that out of her, but nope. I'm not the alpha dog. She does as she wants.

Meanwhile, all I have to do is go "AHEM!!!" at one of my cats and if they know they're doing something wrong, they'll stop immediately.

Cats get bad rep for their scratching habits, but what about dogs? They chew EVERYTHING. My DSi has a few teethmarks in its outer casing from where my mom's dog decided it would make a better chew toy than all the other dog toys we had.

Also, dogs kill people. j/s.

Don't get me wrong. Dogs are nice, but I really hate that they have such a clean, wonderful reputation and cats pretty much get the opposite.

IUfb9Eg.png

#6 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:20 PM

Also dogs are just generally a lot more fun. You can't take cat hiking, can't go swimming with a cat, they won't play fetch or anything. Cats are so boring man.

#7 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:55 PM

Cats do play fetch though. Not all of them, and on their own terms, however they can play fetch. Also if you want to take a cat hiking I suggest looking into a savanna cat. It's a really big house cat that you have to take on walks every day, or they get their energy out by destroying your house. I really want one. It's like a slightly smaller domestic cheetah.

#8 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:59 PM

eww.

but if I had to choose, I hate cats less

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#9 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:11 PM

Also dogs are just generally a lot more fun. You can't take cat hiking, can't go swimming with a cat, they won't play fetch or anything. Cats are so boring man.

Get a laser light. That's far more fun than just throwing a ball and waiting on the dog to bring it back.

Also, only one of my dogs EVER played fetch. And I've had six in the course of my life.

Why can't you take a cat hiking? If you start them young, like you would a dog, you can buy harnesses and take them for walks as well. There's absolutely nothing preventing you from doing so. You just have to get them adjusted first. Dogs don't like to walk on leashes at first, either, so don't give me the "cats won't walk on leashes" excuse.

Some cats do swim. Turkish Vans are specifically known for doing so. Again, start them out young, and you can have them do anything a dog can. :P Except, you know, kill people.

IUfb9Eg.png

#10 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:44 PM

eeeehhhhh, cats can kill people though. basically only because of infection or serious allergies(detail, i know. just had to. it's my nature), but still possible. 

i know i said i was gonna stay out of this, but here we go anyway:

dogs cost more to maintain(ok not if you're crazy with the cat shows and shit, but basically cats are cheaper), won't scare off tarantulas, will totally eat your face if you piss them off enough, piss themselves if you scare them even on accident(ok cats will do this too, but it's so much more difficult to really scare a cat that it's not even a feasible possibility), and basically only exist to please whomever they consider as the alpha(this is actually kinda neat for some people, but it's probably my least favorite trait of dogs). cats on the other hand WILL scare off motherfucking tarantulas(fuck those things), on occasion will act so out of character that i'm convinced it's done solely to get a laugh, and can effectively rid a house of mice and sometimes even rats under very good circumstances. 

ok i know i only listed the negatives of dogs, but come on. cats are just so great. they'll even grant us human peasants the high honor of being able to pet them.(am i taking this too far?)

btw if we're gonna talk about pets i definitely want a capybara. it's a guinea pig the size of a dog. none can compare to their absolute majesty. 

Edit: aaaaaaaand now there's a poll

#11 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 12:38 AM

It's all about personal experience man. I've never had fun playing with a cat anywhere near as much as dogs. Maybe it's just cause me and dogs tend to be on the same IQ level and smell the same lol.

#12 Mig64

Mig64

The Flying Submarine of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:ERROR 404

Posted 27 June 2016 - 12:45 AM

Capybaras. Capybaras all the way.

2c.jpg

63b7406ab3ad7129ef57310f78237b23.jpg

#13 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:48 AM

Maybe it's just cause me and dogs tend to be on the same IQ level and smell the same lol.

Shots fired... at yourself. I guess it's like being emo, but with a gun instead of a knife?

jk lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#14 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:55 AM

Shots fired... at yourself. I guess it's like being emo

jk lol

Blazer please. This ain't high school. Lol.

#15 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:18 AM

Googled Capybaras. I wouldn't want one. I'd rather have a plain ol' hamster. (But I think hamsters are cute, so yeah.)

Edit: Who the heck voted octopus? XD

IUfb9Eg.png

#16 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:11 AM

0.o *checks poll* i'll be damned. i put that as a joke, but there you go.

#17 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:46 AM

0.o *checks poll* i'll be damned. i put that as a joke, but there you go.

I'm sure they were joking too. lol

IUfb9Eg.png

#18 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:23 PM

I voted octopus just now, having seen that ya'll threw a little fuss over some vote, but not seeing that it was the octopus, lol.

I don't even know

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users