Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Visitors

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Nice Middle

Nice Middle

Chancellor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

I swear, this is the last time Pie gets punched.
QUOTE (Fire Blazer @ Jul 25 2014, 07:59 PM)
I have cero love for you or your shenanigans

QUOTE (Holy Kensai @ May 18 2012, 08:01 PM)
Gotta love how even in fan fiction I'm a badass.

#22 Howl

Howl

The White Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

Good job.

#23 Axel

Axel

Dirty Ghetto Kids

• Banned
  • 894 posts
  • Interests:WADUUP HOMIE, HOW YOU DOIN?

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

My character reminds me of Michael Kelso for some peculiar reason. laugh.gif
user posted image

"Puberty is the prelude to, and preparation for, sexual as well as emotional maturity and fullfulment in later lfe...".

user posted image

#24 Nice Middle

Nice Middle

Chancellor

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

Chapter 3

The five friends decided to walk around in the weapons room of the underground base before going out.
There was an old man busy forging a black sword. He was probably a survivor of the Cataclysm; he had scars on multiple parts of his face.
Pie and Luc took silver daggers out of one of the drawers stuck in the wall. Howl tied two guns up to his leather belt. Caladbolg picked a long blade up.
Nayr approached a strange suitcase and opened it. There was a sword inside… but it just wasn’t a random sword.
“Is this Blazer’s sword?” he asked to the old man.
“Yes… that is Excalibur, the Royal Sword. It’s been waiting for someone to take care of it during ten years.”
“So I’ll take it with me.”

Finally out, they could breathe fresh air now. They moved through the Capital, heading to the Palace. Holy Kensai warned them that the devastated Shrine was full of thieves, assassins, brigands, but also of the Three’s soldiers, who were supposed to make the area “clean”.
Luc didn’t like walking around like that. He would have preferred that Kensai had accompanied them. But this one was busy planning a new attack against the Three.
For their sake’s goodness, they met no one until they arrived to the south quarter. There again, houses and buildings were barely undamaged, and there was still a horrible smell.
Calad frowned eyebrows.
“That’s weird, I recognize this place, but something seems to be missing. Can’t tell what that is, though.”
Nayr looked around too, and realized that something was really gone, something he couldn’t define.
“Stop!” Luc said. “I know what’s missing!”
All eyes were on him.
“The Palace… The Palace. It’s missing.”
He was right. There was no sign of Blazer’s ancient castle in the skyline. It just volatilized.

Pie couldn’t believe it. The castle that did the strength of Blazer times ago just disappeared. There was just a black hole instead.
“Is that the Hole?” Luc asked. “The place in where the punished ones are thrown forever?”
“Yes, it seems. But how is it even possible? Why are we still alive if everything disappeared?”
“Maybe it was because of the stone. We were too close of it, perhaps?”
But none of them could give an answer; and every time someone tried to give one, a new few questions appeared each time and Pie began to lose hope. Indeed, how to find the beginning of explanation of their unbelievable adventure while the place where everything had begun was henceforth scratched from the map?
Howl was lost in his thoughts when some noises kept his attention. He looked far at his right and saw… uh, nothing. But he could hear flapping of drums, wooden drums, that is.
“People are coming! Hide!”
Yep. Some drum players appeared firstly. Pie finally understood who they were.
“Oh! They are coming to make the Three’s wishes come true. They’re going to throw some people into the Hole! But… what monster could do that?!”
“Blazer could have, if he had such a hole.”
“Ah, that isn’t false.”
“Shut up you two!” Calad shouted at Nayr and Pie. “They’re going to hear us if you keep talking!”
After the drums were coming a couple of armored people who were wearing a large horned helmet and a blue cape. These were the Judges. The minions of the Three, the ones who were making the traitors’ death sure.
Just like the Three, no one knew their true identities, but whispers in Kensai’s Clan were saying that there were six of them. The numbers V and VI were engraved on their helmets.
After the two Judges, a cart drawn by two horses was approaching. The lurkers could see the prisoners inside. Horrified, Pie decided to count them. One, two, eight… twenty-three?! Twenty-three lives were going to be sacrificed because they didn’t want to recognize the Three’s absolute say. Even Blazer didn’t go that far. Plus, Kensai told them there were executions everyday!
After the cart, twenty-four soldiers – a bit softer than the Judges, it seemed – were watching the good sequence of the operation.

“Go away!”
Everyone obeyed to Luc because each one didn’t want to get captured, and knew that the prisoners couldn’t be saved.
“What are we supposed to do now?!” Calad asked.
“Well, since the Palace is gone, the castle of the Three is where it’s at. Its big library should contain something.”
“No, Pie! We can’t do that.” Nayr declined the idea.
“I agree with Nayr. That’d be foolish!”
Pie stayed here, facing his friends. They didn’t understand. They couldn’t understand.
“Fine. If you’re not with, then you’re against me.”
“Ouch. What a silly logic.”
Pie didn’t mind Luc’s shout, and turned back. He ran onward to the Three’s castle.
When he finally got there, he almost suffocated. If the Palace was actually BIG, then that castle was GIANT.
But he had to enter, no matter how. He approached the silver doors… but a noise behind him stopped his move.
“Ah! Who’s there?!”
“Shhh! It is us.” whispered Howl.
Pie couldn’t believe it! His friends! His friends came to help him!
“Are you guys finally decided to come with me inside?”
“Heh. If such a dunce like you can be a hero, then why wouldn’t we, too?” replied Calad.
“Ah… it’s true.”
They opened the castle’s big silver doors and a serious voice made itself heard.
“WHOEVER COMES HERE TO SULLY THE THREE’S HONOUR WILL BE PUNISHED!!” The voice seemed to speak from nowhere. “NOW ENTER, AND FIGHT YOUR FATE.”
Pie knew he couldn’t turn back. He faced his friends a last time:
“I won’t hate you if you give up right now.”
“Tch! We’re not like you.” Calad said.
The black-and-red-haired thief felt like tears were teasing him. His friends would always be here for him. He knew it.
They entered.

user posted image

He was there, as rigid as “i”, as shadowy as the helmet that was covering his face. A Judge. One of the six strongest minions of the Three, warrior, soldier, assassin. The elite of the elite.
“You have a lot of courage to come here. Or, you must be totally unconscious.”
The five companions shuddered as the Judge enjoyed a step in their direction. The number IV could be seen on his horned helmet.
“Who are you?” asked Nayr with a surprising temerity.
“Who I am?” The Judge laughed coldly. “I am the guardian of the Door; I kill the ones who try to infiltrate the castle of my masters.”
“Ah, yeah? So you’re like a watchdog, or something?”
“Uh, Nayr, don’t anger him, anyway.”
Calad said that because he just didn’t want to die today. Plus, he never knew love. There’s no way he dies before kissing a girl on the mouth.
The Judge IV walked still. He carried the hand in the furnace which hung on its hip and drew... nothing. There was only the cross-guard of a sword, no visible blade was there. Luc wondered what the Judge was definitely going to do with this guard's small end. Certainly he has been frightened by the Judge before, but there he especially had pity. Braving his fright, he also did a step. He wouldn’t want to fear an armored clown.
The two opponents were pretty close to each other now. Of course, none of the thieves could see what was behind Luc’s shades, or the Judge’s helmet. But Luc’s eyebrows indicated a serious look.
The Whiny Wind Boy attacked. The Judge sliced the air with his little bit of “weapon”.
“Pathetic”, thought Luc as he incredibly easily eluded the hit. But at the next second, he felt a violent cut at the arch of his eyebrow, and his glasses and view suddenly fell down. He fell down on the floor too, and couldn’t understand anymore the words that his companions were telling him. His left eye couldn’t see anything anymore, and his right one just saw a black and white thing next to him. He only understood it was the feet of the Judge, then fainted.
Calad looked at Luc’s body. This one was bathing in the blood getting out of this eye. The Judge had a thrill laugh.
“How can that be?” the French one asked with difficulty.
“How? It’s pretty simple!”
The armored guy showed the guard of his sword to Calad. Blood was floating in the air, as if it was some kind of magic.
“Hina, the invisible sword, is nice to meet you.”

#25 Nice Middle

Nice Middle

Chancellor

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

Ok, Luc is K.O. for now.

And one of us is going to die in the next chapter.

Also, any guesses on who the Judge IV is?

EDIT: Added the characters list to the first post.

#26 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • Location:My body lies in Georgia...but my mind lives in Arthias.
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

You should upload this to your Deviantart account too. It's not bad.
"You'll never forgive me? Like I give a damn."
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
^ This isn't dead, I swear!
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

3DS Friend Code 0834 - 1057 - 3616

#27 Axel

Axel

Dirty Ghetto Kids

• Banned
  • 894 posts
  • Interests:WADUUP HOMIE, HOW YOU DOIN?

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

I can almost guarantee I'm gonna be the one to die next chapter.
user posted image

"Puberty is the prelude to, and preparation for, sexual as well as emotional maturity and fullfulment in later lfe...".

user posted image

#28 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

So far so good, Calad! Can't wait to see the next chapter.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#29 Nice Middle

Nice Middle

Chancellor

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

The updates are going to slow down a lot. Sorry.

And I won't even begin the next chapter if Howl doesn't make the mug I requested. It is needed.

#30 Howl

Howl

The White Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:41 AM

Fine. I'll work on it.

#31 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:06 AM

Has this been abandoned permanently?

Spoiler

#32 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

No, he is working on it. Just slowly.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)
Yeah, that is what we get. Never mess with Kensai. XD

QUOTE (badkiara103)
Who doesn't want to kill a helpless little girl.

The Holy Kensai Fan Club!
Holy Kensai Suzaku Seraph Ryoku Mankut8397 Blazer Oblivion Riadansen Caladbolg Pie

#33 Nice Middle

Nice Middle

Chancellor

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

@SmashedFish: Yes it has.

#34 Nice Middle

Nice Middle

Chancellor

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Chapter 4

Holy Kensai was ragequitting. According to his spies, Nayr and the others had entered into the Three's castle. That would necessarily bring them to death. In this place were residing both the Three and the terrible Judges. Nothing to be happy about.
Hoping it was not too late, Kensai took his bike and traveled along right towards the Three's castle.
As he arrived in front of it, he could see that the main gate was still open. That was good. The Three were extremely faithful in themselves: if someone had enough courage to sneak into the castle, they'd leave the doors widely open to let a chance of escape for the person. Holy Kensai once tried to break in with one hundred of his best henchmen. But only he and three of them had survived.
He decided to enter.
He stopped right there. Luc was lying on the floor, hit like a dislocated puppet. Kensai decided to check his pulse . It was very weak.
He realized that his friend got a sword slice on the eye. The wound was deep and he had lost so much blood. Kensai looked around but no other bodies were visible.
Nayr and the others were probably dead but Kensai could still save Luc. He was just hoping that there wasn’t any Judge waiting to lambast him from behind. He raised his friend's body and made his way out. As he got out of the castle, the big doors closed themselves behind him. So the other four were definitely condemned.

Howl had run away as far as he could when the Judge had attempted to slay him. He was henceforth wandering in the castle's hallways, wishing at each intersection that no one would attack him.
He suddenly heard footsteps. Afraid, he looked around to look for a place to hide. There was only one door. He rushed in direction of it and opened it, swearing that if he could ever get out of it while being alive, he would never punch Pie again.
When the guards passed near the door, they saw nobody around. The noise that they had heard was probably from a wandering cat, so they decided to go away.
Howl sighed and turned around. He tried to rest for a bit. He noticed that he was in some kind of room: there was a big bed in the middle of the place, and some cupboards, full of clothes, were disposed against the walls.
He mustn't stay here any longer, as he feared for the room owner's return. So he got out of there slowly, but once again, some footsteps could be heard nearby. Thrown into panic, he re-entered the room, closed the door behind him, and then hid himself into a cupboard.
He heard the door opening itself and a voice.
"Well, I could have sworn I had heard some noise."
This voice was soft and melancholic. A woman's voice. Ew, he was lucky. He looked by the slit, and saw a wonderful person. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen! He was now sweating, not by fear, but by wonder; this girl was an angel making her way from paradise to Earth.
His happiness suddenly fainted as he saw that the woman was heading right to the cupboard. He was trapped! If she'd see him, she'd scream and then the Judges would hear her and come to catch the intruder.
The beautiful lady opened the cupboard's door to seek what she needed, but some strange figure caught her attention. Surprised, she spoke:
"But... but what are you doing here, young girl?"
Howl got out of the cupboard, ashamed. He didn't find anything better. The dress was way too slim for him, and it was compressing his torso.
"I, uh... I'm the new maid, but I'm lost."
"Lost... in my cupboard?" asked the lady. "Well, now that's weird, isn't it?”
"Yes, err... I'm pretty... clumsy, milady."
The woman giggled.
"Well, I'm a princess but you can just call me Tsuki-Hime."
A princess! This delightful woman was a princess! And her name's Tsuki-Hime! This name seemed pretty familiar but he couldn't help his memory. At the current moment, he had to focus on his maid business.
Howl was making big efforts to not cry of shame. If Pie'd ever see him in this dress... he'd be compelled to kill him before committing suicide.
"You are pleasant, young girl", said the princess. "I think you can be serving me. What is your name?"
"Howl... ana."
"Howlana? What a rare name. Well, in any case, I hope we'll become great friends. Now, undress me and take me to the hot bath, please. I need it, I'm pretty tired, to be honest."
"Whaaaaat?!"
Howl swallowed, he was in deep shit right now. The only positive side of this story was that he was going to take care of the most beautiful lady of the Shrine.
Much later, he got out of the room, totally sick.
Still dressed with the maid dress, Howlana moved away, hoping to find the exit of this damned castle.

The Judge I sat down. At his left was sitting the Judge V. And at his right was sitting the Judge II. As they were wearing their silver helmets, they had no identity, no soul, no pity. They only were the Three's cruel henchmen.
Number I watched the others as they were slowly taking place in their chairs. Only the Judge IV wasn't here. What was he doing? The reunion was going to start, and the Three didn't like to wait.
An invisible person suddenly spoke:
"Judges. You have been summoned here because the prophecy of the Time Stone is going to come true. Its pupils have infiltrated our castle. But we closed the doors. None of them must escape, or it may be the end of our order. Find them and bring us their heads. The ones chosen by the Time Stone musn't find it."
The voice suddenly disappeared. The five Judges stood up and crossed their swords together. The only missing sword was IV's, but since Hina was invisible, it didn't matter.

Nayr suddenly stopped running as he met a door. There was a pancart next to it: "Here lies the knowledge." Intrigued, he decided to push the one door and enter.
His eyes were now shining. He had found the library of the castle. Even if he could be caught by the guards if he'd spend too much time inside, he decided to seize the chance of finding any information on the Cataclysm or the blue stone.
He found a computer. As he typed "cataclysm", a long list of books showed up. There were more than ten thousands results. Whew.
He went back to the main page and this time, typed "blue stone". Forty-seven results. That was still way too much. He attempted a multiple research. He validated "Blue stone and Cataclysm". He moaned happily when he saw that there was only one book corresponding to the research. He was on the right way.
Though, he nearly choked himself as he saw the name of the author. According to the data: "bblues" was the author.
Surprised, he ran to the right shelf and took the book.
The title was written in capital red letters: "THE NEW LEGENDS OF THE SHRINE" from bblues. Inside the book was written the list of the chapters. Nayr searched the words "blue stone" and "cataclysm" but none of them were present.
With a long sigh, he began to turn slowly each page in hope to find the words and the explanation.

Pie infiltrated the room in which the Judges had previously reunited. There were six doors. He remembered that each Judge had come in by a different door and as he took a closer look at them, he could determine that there was a number on each of the doors.
He turned around and found himself nose-to-nose with a silver helmet. So he screamed and tried to walk back, but the table stopped his move. The Judge IV walked quietly in direction of the thief.
"Nothing personal. I'm only doing my job."
Pie felt something inside his stomach. He looked down to see Hina stuck into his belly button. The invisible sword was getting out of his back, and his blood looked like it was floating in air. He tried to hit his enemy one last time but he wasn't strong enough. His punch hit the Judge so nonchalantly, that only the helmet fell down slowly.
"You…" Pie said as he recognized the man while he was falling down, ready to die.
And the Judge sheathed his sword back.
"Yes, it’s me. I'm sorry."

Calad was fleeing from a bunch of ferocious guards. Sweating, he wished he'd be as far as possible, as quickly as possible.
The soldiers weren't tired at all. Strange. By Blazer's time, Calad would have distanced the pursuers in no time. But the Three's soldiers seemed to have a good endurance. Besides, the thief didn't know how the castle was built, so he could totally find a dead end or another patrol.
An intersection. He went to the right side. But that was a mistake.

The Judge VI was coming for him.

Thanks to Mikki for the corrections.

#35 Mikki

Mikki

Ultra Member

• Banned
  • 366 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Aww, you're welcome, Salad! I'm glad that I could help! (: Let me know if you need me for revising! (: Like I said in the shoutbox, this is really good. Keep up the good work.

#36 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

I'm very glad to see that this is still a thing that is happening. This chapter was also good; I can't think of anything to criticize at the moment, so I'll leave it at this for now.

Spoiler

#37 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Video games, reading, writing, and other such creative things.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

Finally got around to reading this. I like it so far! I don't think it needs much improvement, just keep it at the same level of greatness it is now!

Why'd you stop punching Pie?

Got Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS? Battle me! Or trade with me... Trading is cool too.
3DS FC: 5300-9087-1138 (PM me if you add me so I know to add you back.)

Have Smash Bros for Wii U? Battle me there too! 

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#38 Nice Middle

Nice Middle

Chancellor

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

Chapter 5

Tsuki-Hime walked around in the reunion room. There was some strange smell.
A body on the floor. The body of a young guy - a bit younger than her - who died like, thirty minutes ago. The princess was barely daring to look at him.
"That is an appetizing spectacle, isn't it?"
The familiar voice made her jump. Obviously. Only him could be the author of such a massacre.
"Judge IV. What are you doing here? The Three have summoned me. Not you."
The fourth Judge shrugged. Tsuki-Hime couldn't see through the silver helmet, but in fact, he was smirking. She had a bad feeling about this.

Nayr closed The New Legends Of The Shrine. He felt like he was in a never-ending nightmare. He had read the entire book to find the two words of his research, which were in the very last page of the last chapter. But they didn't explain much, alas.
"That's it. We're the ones who made the Cataclysm and we are given a chance to make it once again. A chance to confuse the whole world in the inverse sense of time. We are the world's saviors, clearly! Juste like the chapter's title... we are the Visitors!"
It that part seemed understandable, there was something strange at the chapter's end anyways. "...and that's the way the six of them will devastate the world again." Six? But they were only five to have fallen into the future. Only Pie, Howl, Calad, himself, and Luc who died a few hours ago. Who could the sixth one be?
Nayr had arrived here with a lot of questions. He found a lot of answers. But at each answer, ten new questions were appearing.
He had to get out of the castle. Definitely.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with me in the bath?"
"No thanks, I already washed myself up. But is your bath hot enough, princess Tsuki-Hime?"
"Yes, thank you. Howlana. You are so kind."
Howl sighed.
"How has been your reunion with the, uh... the Three?"
"Oh, it was tiring as hell. They told me that one of the runaways had been caught. According to our data, his name is Caladbolg."
Howl felt horrified.
"And, have you decided if you were going to kill him or not?"
"For the moment, nope. We're leaving this fool in jail. I suppose the Three are going to ask him some questions firstly. I bet he'll be dead in less than two months."
Howl swallowed. He was hoping for Nayr and Pie to find each other and flee together.
"Howlana, could you, please, go down to the kitchens and bring from there something to eat? I'm hungry."
Obeying to the princess' order, Howlana went down to the lobby while wondering what Tsuki-Hime's relation with the Three really was. The huge kitchens were almost empty. Only four or five old soldiers were having breakfast here and there. The other guards were probably searching for the runaways.
Howl picked up some fruits and a bottle of milk. As he disposed the stuff on a golden tray, a strange noise made itself be heard behind him. He jumped, turned around, and looked for the origin of that noise. From the cupboard, seemingly. He stopped in front of it, and waited. After a few seconds, nothing happened and, as he was going to go back to Tsuki-Hime's room, a new noise coming from the same cupboard sounded.
Intrigued, Howl opened it.
At first he couldn't see anything, but as his eyes adapted themselves to the obscurity, he could finally see a silhouette. He blinked twice, then stepped back as he recognized the man who was hiding inside.
"Nayr? Nayr, is that you?"
His friend's head popped out of the cupboard's obscurity.
"Who...? Howl? How, is that you?"
The two friends looked at each other for a long while, then Nayr laughed.
"What's gotten into you?" supplied Howl.
"Whahahahahha? What's this dress you are wearing?"
Howl blushed. In the fire of the action, he had forgot about his current clothes.
"Are you laughing? You'd better spend your time thinking about escaping this place."
And Nayr came back to being serious.
"You're right. And I have some interesting revelations about our role in this adventure."
Howl sighed.

The fourth Judge was about to take some rest in his room. His minion entered and bowed down. He spoke:
"My lord, the guards have raked the entire castle over. But they didn't find any of the last runaways. They probably escaped the place."
"Impossible. Every exit is presently closed. Only a Judge could go out."
He began to think. The Three had sent Tsuki-Hime to throw the prisoners into the Hole, a few minutes ago. With her are a squad of soldiers and her two maids. Wait a minute! The princess never had more than one maid. What could that mean? He shrugged, but that was still weird. Checking out wouldn't hurt.
"Take my sword, Cheshire. Come with me, we're going for a walk."

"Honestly, I look ridiculous in this dress!"
"Oh Nayr, come on! That's the only way the two of us can get out of the castle. Plus, I think you've done a great job when you simulated crying in front of the princess and when you supplied her of taking you at her service because you needed money to heal your sick dady!"
Nayretta sighed.
"We have to look natural!" said Howl. "We don't have choice and in any case, it is gonna be over soon. In less than one hour, we'll find correct clothes."
"You're right but..."
"Shh! The princess is coming back."
Indeed, she came back after checking if the twenty-five prisoners didn't escape. They're gonna be executed. Nayr wondered if the Judges were catching around twenty-five rebels everyday.
"We're almost arrived," she said. "Has one of you ever seen the Hole?"
"Only one time", Howl replied, "and I hope to never see it again".
"You are such a fearful chick! It's only a hole," said Tsuki-Hime while giggling.
Howl frowned eyebrows.
"A hole in which you throw between twenty and thirty persons everyday," he replied coldly.
Tsuki-Hime also frowned eyebrows.
"We are only serving the Three's will. We punish the ones who have troubled the peace. That's what we call 'justice'."
"Really? For my part, that's what I call 'murders'."
Howl didn't want to cut it out. Nayr hoped that he wasn't going to screw their stratagem up.
This time, the princess' voice was full of angryness.
"Oh yes? Look behind you. See this wagon of prisoners? Inside are thirteen persons who have set a bomb in Capital North yesterday. There have been seven deaths and several dozens of wounded people. If you call our justice 'murders', then how do you name the terrorism? I know our society isn't perfect. But the Shrine only recovers from a Cataclysm that took everything from us. So some people do have to suffer again before the world can finally be perfect. Yes, a perfect world ruled by the Three."
Howl opened and closed his mouth. He didn't realize the situation from this angle. And Holy Kensai didn't even tell them about the terrorism. So why would people try so much to attack the Three if these ones were only seeking a perfect world?
Was it bound to the prophecy saying that once again, the Visitors would confuse the world again? They didn't know if their role was to help or to fight against the Three. But if they had to help them, so why would the Three want their deaths in the first place? More, always more questions. Nayr was kind of fed up of these.
The escort finally arrived near the Hole, and Tsuki-Hime went away with the guards to watch over the falling of the prisoners. The two *cough* maids were alone now.
"Okay, nobody's looking at us. If we reach these ruinous houses there, then we'll be out of trouble, and we'll finally be able to go back to Kensai's undergroundish headquarters."
"In these dresses?"
Howl sighed.
"We do not have choice. You'll be used to them after a bit of walking."
"That's scary. Well I don't care, let's hurry up and get out of this shit."
Discreetly wandering behind the wagon, they ran quickly in direction of Clan Kensai's headquarters. They had only traveled about half of the road when they saw him.
His helmet was lying on the ground next to his feet, and he was holding his sword in his right hand. But no blade was visible. The Judge IV was waiting for them. Nayr and Howl couldn't see his face because he was standing up within the shadow of a rocky pillar. Their blood was suddenly cold. They couldn't step back. They had to fight for their freedom, or die while trying. Resoluted, they stepped onward.
Number IV, the head still hidden in the shadow, raised a hand. Behind him was waiting another guy. The Judge stretched.
"Hold my sword Cheshire, I have to speak with the Chosen of the Prophecy."
Without the helmet, the voice seemed different. More human. Though, the tone of this voice slightly reminded Nayr of something. He knew this voice, but he couldn't remember any more details. Doubtfully, he opened the mouth.
"You are from the eastern forests of the Shrine, right? The Serenes forests."
A strong, manly laugh spilled out of IV's chest.
"That's it.", he answered while getting out of the shadows so Nayr and Howl could recognize him.
"You... you!!" Howl yelled, totally mad.
Nayr recognized him too. This guy used to be Shu's personal henchman in his mafia, and then became Dave Strider's minion.
"So you killed him?!" Howl yelled again. "You who swore fidelity, you killed him to join Blazer's army?!"
"No! Not Blazer's army, my friend. The Three's army, yes. I liked Dave Strider but he suddenly became crazy. After the Cataclysm, we lost a lot of our friends and men. This wasn't much of a problem until the Three appeared and recruited men to fund a new Order. That didn't please Strider so he wanted to fight. We didn't have a lot of men, and the envy of killing and hiding again had quit us. So I killed him in his sleep with his own weapon, he didn't suffer. This one day, I saved a lot of people by cancelling another stupid and useless war who would have cost so many lives."
Howl looked down, tears streaming down on his cheeks.
"So it was you... AstraLunaSol."

#39 Nice Middle

Nice Middle

Chancellor

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

Chapter 6

AstraLunaSol had Hina. Nayr had Excalibur, Blazer's treasure. But even the most powerful sword of the Shrine couldn't do much against an invisible weapon - especially when that one was wielded by a skilled fighter.
Astra took Hina from his minion's hands, and stepped onward. Nayr moaned. Howl was crying. They were about to die.
...or, at least, they thought so. The Judge fell down all of a sudden, hit on the head by a rock.
"Hurry up! I don't think a simple rock can handle him for more than ten minutes."
Nayr looked up and saw the minion calling them. He hesitated at first, but he couldn't stay here any longer. Howl followed them. Only distress could be seen into his eyes.
"Who are you and why are you helping us?" Nayr asked.
"I am Cheshire. I work for a secret society. I used to be one of Dave Strider's men. After the Cataclysm, some of us have joined the Three. But the others - like me - still fight against them. Hrm. If you go this way, you'll find a path to Clan Kensai's underground."
Half convinced, Nayr thanked the man, then carried Howl over his shoulder and ran. They were disappearing from Cheshire's eyesight as AstraLunaSol was coming back.
He frowned eyebrows and glared at his minion.
"My lord!" Cheshire yelled. "They've gone this way! Someone has helped them by knocking you out from far with a slingshot!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yes!"
The Judge closed his eyes, then re-opened them.
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I followed your footprints until here, and that's where they end. Where are the runaways? If you tell me, you'll die without much more suffering."
"Never! You killed Dave Strider. You aren't trustworthy."
"Die."
His sword cut the minion vertically, literally dividing his body in two halves that fell down on the ground, bathing in his own blood.
"Blame your fate."

Why did it have to be AstraLunaSol? Shu's henchman and Strider's minion. How could he betray them? Nayr has also been a man of these two. As Shu disappeared, Nayr would have given his life to serve Dave Strider. But on the other hand, Astra had betrayed them by joining the Three. Nayr will make him pay for that.
Holy Kensai opened his eyes widely. He didn't expect that at all.
"How? How did you get out of there alive?"
"We've been lucky."
"I can tell. Does a maid dress make you lucky?"
"OH SHUT UP!" Nayr screamed. "I'm fed up of wearing this! Hurry up and bring us some correct clothes."
Kensai go away while giggling. Howl looked at his partner.
"Nayr, how are we supposed to accomplish the prophecy? Calad is in jail, and we don't know what happened to Luc and Pie."
"I know. But I guess that this isn't a problem. If at least one of us is alive, the prophecy can be accomplished. Plus, there's that sixth Visitor coming from the past. I wonder where they are and who they may be..."
Howl stayed silencious until Kensai brought futurist clothes. Howlana and Nayretta quickly gave up their dresses.
"This is like a rebirth!" exclamed Howl.
"Huh? Fed up of the dress? Weren't you 'used to it'?"
"Oh shut up."
"Settle down, you two," said Kensai. "I've got something to show you."
Intrigued, the two thieves followed Kensai through the underground until they arrived before a black door. Do not enter, was saying the pancart. A skullhead was drawn on the door.
"Charming", commented Nayr.
They entered inside. A very strange place indeed.
"What is this?" Howl asked.
Holy Kensai had a slight smile, but his scar made it look like a grimace.
"That is our intensive care room. As I was worried for you, I made my way to the castle, and I found there someone that you'll be pleased to see."
Indeed, Howl and Nayr looked at their left and saw...
"For Blazer's sake!"
"Impossible."
Luc's body was floating into a giant glass tube.
"So he isn't dead?"
"Nope, just like you can tell, Howl. However, the hit he had taken made him lose one of his eyes. But happily, yesterday we attacked a caravan coming from the Three's castle, and inside we have found the new oculomotor prototype that the Three are going to establish into their soldiers."
"Oculomotor prototype?"
Holy Kensai acquiesced. He sometimes forgets that Nayr and the others were ten years late about the new technologic stuff.
"Yes, these are bionical eyes that work better than the original eyes. They possess the same kind of powers than a Sharingan."
He typed something on a keyboard, and the picture of a little ball appeared on the screen above.
"That's the last model, the Renard, or fox's eye if you only speak the language of the Shrine."
"Nope, Calad taught us some french too. Well, so Luc'll be able to see like he could see before?"
"Better than that; as he wakes up, he becomes a true walking weapon."
"And when will he wake up?"
Holy Kensai's face became suddenly serious.
"That, nobody knows."

Current list of characters:

Howl
Pie
Nayr
Caladbolg
Luc the Whiny Wind Boy

Holy Kensai
???
???
Tsuki-Hime
???
???
???
???
???
???
Cheshire

Judge I: ???
Judge II: ???
Judge III: ???
Judge IV: AstraLunaSol
Judge V: ???
Judge VI: ???

???

???
???
???

Keywords:

Shrine
Palace
Capital
Clan Kensai
Shu's mafia
The Three
Judges
Hina
Excalibur
Renard

#40 Nice Middle

Nice Middle

Chancellor

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

Chapter 7

Caladbolg was all chained up in a little jail inside the Three's castle. Many days had passed since he got caught by the sixth Judge, and nobody gave him a visit since then. He was so hoping for the jail's door to open someday. Alas, his hope went down as his first visitor was the Judge IV.
"What is your name, rebel?"
"I am Caladbolg. Could you introduce yourself too?"
IV raised a hand to remove his helmet. Seeing his face, Calad felt so sick all of a sudden.
"Astra... is that you?"
"Indeed. But you're not the one who asks the questions. Just answer them, and if you do so, I'll try to kill you without any additional suffering."
As he pronounced these words, one of his soldiers pushed some strange machine inside the jail.
"This is a multipurpose torture machine. I suppose you know what that means."
"You bastard. The Judge VI was obviously way more sociable than you. What was his name, again?"
"Fitz 24 or Fitz, the 24th. But do not worry about him. He has been punished for throwing you into a jail instead of killing you."
Caladbolg closed his eyes.
"I'll tell you everything. Everything I know."
"Good."

Tsuki-Hime was still in the reunion room. The Three began by punishing Fitz because he didn't murder the French one. After that, they also punished AstraLunaSol because he failed to stop the two fake maids while they were escaping. And now it was her turn because she lacked the required alertness.
She was lucky, though, because the Three didn't forget considering her notoriety. She, indeed, was Blazer's niece. So the Three took advantage of this status, and used it as an excuse to make her a princess and treat her like a lady...
That was the true nature of her relation with the Three. That's why she had as much authority as a Judge could have.
To punish her, the Three were going to be banning her, and they confiscated her sword - that one blade she received from her master Neutrel. Innyumjha, the sword that rules over thunder. As she thought of her master, she sighed:
"I wonder what you are doing right now... Neutrel."

"I'm telling you we were only five! Me, Nayr, Pie, Luc and Howl!"
AstraLunaSol was losing patience. That job given by the Three wasn't unpleasant, but that Caladbolg folk had an incredible resistance against torture.
"Impossible. There are supposed to be six persons in that prophecy. We already know that two of them are young girls named Howlana and Nayretta. The one you call Pie is dead, and there is Luc's body, which I left bleeding on the floor - but he is probably be dead today. And you're their partner. That makes five. Where's the sixth one?"
"But I don't know any Howlana or Nayretta! We were only five guys in the Palace. I don't know anything about a sixth one!"
"..."
Astra put little handkerchiefs of cotton into his ears, then pushed on a button. The torture machine began to play some Rihanna music. Calad struggled, but nothing could do. He had to endure that stupid music that would end up by grilling his neurons if he'd listen to it too much.
Five minutes later, AstraLunaSol pushed again on the button to stop the music, then removed the cotton, and smiled.
"So? The sixth guy?"
"I... I don't know."
Astra sighed. Five minutes weren't enough.
"Fine. Let's turn up the music again, then."
"NOOOOOOO!!"

One day later, the Judge IV went to the reunion room to speak to the Three.
"I'm afraid he doesn't know anything. I've spent many hours torturing him, but he didn't answer anything. He just kept telling me about a blue stone from Blazer's previous castle. And he also says that the two female runaways we're looking for, are, in fact, two guys named Howl and Nayr. As for the sixth Visitor, he didn't seem aware. I'm pretty sure he's honest."
The Three remained silencious for a bit. They were probably discussing about what to do and what to say, until the voice came back:
"The prisoner says the truth. We will rectify Howl and Nayr's research posters. And we will... take care of the sixth Visitor. You can leave now."
But AstraLunaSol stayed in the room.
"My masters?"
"What do you want again, Judge IV, AstraLunaSol, Guardian of the Door, the Radiant Swordmaster?"
"Is that true? Has Tsuki-Hime been really banned from the castle?"
"That is true. Why?"
Astra swallowed.
"My spies have told me that both Clan Kensai and Clan Shu were reuniting to make a massive attack against the castle. But the princess has been banned, and the other Judges are too busy looking for the remaining runaways. I'm afraid that-"
The voice laughed very loud. It laughed so hard.
"Do not worry about it. In the upcoming days, a seventh Judge will wake up and help you to slay all the enemies."
A seventh one?

In a dark, cold place, contained in a secret laboratory under the ground,
Stuck into a huge glass tube,
Surrounded by a strange, blue liquid,
A man opened his eyes.

Current list of characters:

Howl
Pie
Nayr
Caladbolg
Luc the Whiny Wind Boy

Holy Kensai
???
???
Tsuki-Hime
???
???
???
???
???
???
Cheshire

Judge I: ???
Judge II: ???
Judge III: ???
Judge IV: AstraLunaSol
Judge V: ???
Judge VI: Fitz 24
Judge VII: ???

Neutrel

???
???
???

Keywords:

Shrine
Palace
Capital
Clan Kensai
Shu's mafia
The Three
Judges
Hina
Excalibur
Innyumjha
Renard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users