Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Completed Games List 2015

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:45 PM

Our new topic for the new year. =)

Try to keep this as up to date with your completed games as possible! It's fun to see what other people have beaten, not to mention it motivates people to try/play/beat games (well at least me a little... hardly but yeah it's still nice lol).

^Copy/paste from the last thread, lol.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:54 PM

Alright, I've already beaten 4 games this year so I'll start!

The Irregular at Magic High School: Out of Order, PS Vita, January 2nd, 2015
QP Shooting - Dangerous!!, Steam, January 11th, 2015
Nano Assault Neo, Wii U, January 11th, 2015
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Wii U, January 13th, 2015

Comments in the order that I listed them:

- Another import, a rather fun action/strategy game. It has a surprisingly deep battle system for an anime game. The music is actually amazing and surprised me. The story is basic but works (it's actually reminiscent of a fighting game story, lol). I didn't unlock any of the CGs (not interested) so I can't really comment on those but from a gameplay perspective, it's solid and I'm glad they took time to polish it. Doesn't have a lot of replay value though and there are times the mechanics can be annoying. It could also benefit from online... also Phonon Maser and Panzer are so OP.

- A game I picked up after hearing Voffie talk about it. I guess you could call it a shoot'em'up or bullet hell or whatever. It's a weird, niche Japanese game and it's super hard. The story is extremely silly too (it's about pudding, 'nuff said). If you like these types of games though, it's certainly enjoyable.

- A game by Shin'en, one of the better developers out there making games for Wii U. This game has good gameplay, graphics, mode options... it's a great game for the price. Just like the game above, it's probably best classified as a shoot'em'up or bullet hell, though it's not quite as intense and this one is actually 3D, so it's definitely quite a bit different. Also, it gave me Metroid and F-Zero vibes a couple of times. Anyway, all that aside, it was a rather fun and challenging game.

- A puzzle game based off of the Captain Toad levels in Super Mario 3D World. I liked those levels and I liked the style of SM3DW for Wii U so naturally I picked this up. While it's certainly a bit easy at first it picks up later on. It's cute, innovative, creative, and has some really neat tricks and such (mostly involving the camera or falling off places) that were rather enjoyable. Overall, a fun and well-made game,, and one that I'd recommend to fans of puzzle games or maybe even Mario games. Certainly a great start for Captain Toad's first adventure in his own game, haha.

That's that for now, I'll try to update this thread more frequently than I did the last one, haha...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:accepting things

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:13 AM

• Jak and Daxter 1, 2, and 3 - PS3
  • Devil May Cry (The original, not the crappy reboot) - PS3
I guess I dont really need to say anything about these games. I feel like everyone knows what they're all about.
Dave Grohl is rock and roll personified.

Actually a real smart genius man, but I'll never show it.

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:34 AM

fair enough

just throwing this out there, my commentary's just because I like to reflect on games and stuff

not mandatory or anything in the least

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:58 AM

Acceleration of Suguri X-Edition Arcade Mode, Steam, January 4th
Acceleration of Suguri X-Edition Deity of Pudding, Steam, January 5th
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Steam, January 12th
QP Shooting - Dangerous!!, Steam, January 15
Jak & Daxter 1, PS Vita, January 16th

- It is a bullet hell with three different story modes. I beat the arcade one. Easiest one to beat. Each mode has a unique story than the previous, so I'm counting each one as a different play through that I've completely. This bullet hell works a bit differently than others. You are in a circle along with your opponent, and your goal is to reduce their life to 0 rather than dodge bullets through out a stage, and fight a boss. It has multiplayer strangely enough.

- Buy low, sell high. This game taught me how to run a store

- Blazer already talked about this game. I was focusing more on clearing the game without getting hit or losing my chain or I would of beat it before him.

- Fun game. Shame I never got to play it before. Good thing there is a version on the Vita. Time to start the second game.

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:16 AM

1 and 2 sound worth trying eventually but not now, 3 and 4 I've played and beaten, 5 is on my list of games to play eventually

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:55 AM

Good luck, Voffie. Jak 2 is one of the most unfair games Ive ever played.. not to mention difficult as heck during some missions.

#8 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:42 PM

eww, that doesn't sound very fun at all

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#9 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:23 PM

Maybe not for some. But its an incredibly rewarding game to finally be done with. Lol.

#10 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:35 PM

if you like suffering jk, I haven't even played the game. I'm slightly intimidated by your words though, lol.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#11 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:25 PM

I always feel awkward not really having something to add to this thread.

I mean, it's mostly because I'm playing games with a really high bar for finishing(I'm clocked in at over 240 hours on Sword Art Online:Hollow Fragment and over 300 I think on Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and Rune Factory 4 just happens to make finishing it off a big grind. Not even trying to be completionist here.) or because I can't even really "finish" (Super Smash Bros. 4) but still.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#12 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:03 PM

Rune Factory 4, 3DS, January 24
Awesomenauts, Steam, January 23

- It's rune factory. It gets better after each game. FUCK YOU RUNE PRANA

- MOBA on steam, so really, beating it is when I feel good at the game.

#13 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:45 PM

@Tenebrae I feel yeah, and that's fine, different styles of gaming and such, I play a lot of games and tend to not spend huge amounts of time on single games, so that's why I tend to have more to add, haha.

for Smash games, I count it as unlocking all the characters/beating classic mode, since there's no clear determination and the way to get credits alone (beating classic mode) is way too simple/quick. I also don't count repeats for fighting games unless I buy actual different copies or versions (for instance, Japanese vs. English, Normal vs. Extended version, etc.).

@Voffie hey, finally beat Rune Factory 4, huh? Awesome! As far as MOBAs go, I think I just don't include them usually if at all, haha. Unless it has some kind of story mode, it's just a multiplayer game and it can't ever really be "beaten", even if you're the best player in the world, so I just can't consider it that way. It's just in the nature of the game. (Similarly, I'm pretty sure I never added Titanfall, because it's not really a game I felt like I could complete on any level... actually, I heard there was something of a make-shift campaign or something, but I don't know much about it, and if it really does exist, I never beat it, lol.)

tl;dr you just sort of have to make fair rules and adhere to them consistently, and there are cases where you just can't add games, or else you have to sort of change the definition ("mastered" a game as opposed to having "completed" it; you might not be a pro but if you know how the game works really well and have experienced it for yourself, perhaps that's your criteria for putting it down and being able to say you've really "experienced it"--which is really what I think of when I say "completion"... did you experience the core of the game, whatever that is? not all the extras and mini-games, but did you complete or at least experience the core of the game.)

somehow that turned into a rant, oh well lulz

----------------

Alright, time for another decently-sized update:

Magicka, Steam, January 17th, 2015
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal, 3DS, January 21st, 2015
Bit.Trip Presents Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, Wii U, January 31st, 2015
Left 4 Dead 2*, Steam, January 31st, 2015
Family Tennis SP, Wii U, January 31st, 2015
Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition, Wii U, January 31st, 2015

In the order that they're listed, here are my comments:

- Fun, a bit repetitive, it's mostly about knowing the best spells and getting used to the keys so you can respond decently. A bit more fun with others, though it can also be a bit silly and frustrating at times. The dialog was eh. Overall a solid game I guess.

- Actually a solid game, but the bonuses are rather bad and it is extremely repetitive, using mostly the same gimmicks and such throughout the game. It's also more exploration based and can be a bit silly and kinda unfair sometimes (asking you to do ridiculous things or being dumb about finding extras--like they wouldn't show up at first and I had to spend stupid amounts of time hunting them down). Not a great game, maybe a 55/100, but from what I hear, not nearly as bad as the wii U version.

- A solid runner/platformer, the story was... eh, didn't even really get it and didn't care for it... most importantly, the gameplay was solid and the music was solid, but it again got a bit repetitive and sometimes I felt checkpoints were spread a tiny bit too thin. A bit difficult too, I guess.

- Solid shooter, fun to play with others, not much to say. A pretty solid game as far as zombie shooters go.

- A silly but "charming" tennis game for Wii U, this came cheap and I enjoyed it for what its worth. It's got Japanese dubs which surprised me quite a bit at first. The actual mechanics are okay but it's kind of dumb because the AI is like, too smart, and doesn't mess up enough, IMO. Pro mode (or whatever the highest difficulty tournament mode is) is ridiculous, too. >_>

- A decent game that is challenging and unique in its presentation. I never played the original and I struggled a bit with some of the puzzles, but overall it was fun and I don't regret playing it. It didn't feel like a great game either though, perhaps because it felt a bit... not modern or something, idk.

That's it for now~

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#14 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:04 AM

For Awesomenauts, there is a max level that can be reached, and that is when I posted that I had "beaten" the game. I had unlocked everything.

- Ys: Memories of Celceta, March 19th, 2015, PS Vita.

I've beaten Celceta before, but this time I did it on Hard Mode!

#15 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:50 AM

ooh, nice! but when is Nightmare mode?!

actually, I think I may have beaten it on Nightmare mode, myself, but I can't remember now >_<

game was hard but with items and multiple party members and a somewhat more lenient dodging/guarding system and such it's not as hard as the older Ys games >_>

Time for an update from me:

Tales of Zestiria, PS3, February 4th, 2015
The Last of Us: Remastered, PS4, March 1st, 2015
Persona 4 Golden, PS Vita, March 13th, 2015
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Wii U, March 17th, 2015
RESOGUN, PS4, March 17th, 2015

- Ranted about this one a ton. tl;dr, bleh game but great music, one of the poorer Tales of entries with poor characters, graphics, battle system, story, and functionality (as in, it has tech problems). it's decent only because it's a Tales of game and there's a tiny bit of merit in the battle system if you're a Tales of fan, but I can't recommend it to anyone really, not EVEN a Tales of fan. >_>

- Talked about this quite a bit too, a great game, great story, solid gameplay, generally I was very into it and I wasn't disappointed, it actually kinda lived up to all the hype/praise around it, which somehow wasn't surprising, I guess because I pretty much only heard praise >_>;

- solid game but man is it so freaking long ughhhhh it has plenty of issues but it does a lot of cool things as well; it's a solid RPG with some great dialog and voice acting, a story that is solid outside of pacing issues, and a battle system that is ok as well... and the music is pretty great but gets SERIOUSLY repetitive due to how you hear the same tracks over and over, and if you don't like Engrish, the soundtrack is much less enjoyable, lol

- Great game overall, has its "UGH" parts here and there like most uh... 2D side-scrolling action games? (it's not your standard platformer so I don't really want to call it that...), but the music was great, the boss battles were fun, and in general it was a challenging and rewarding game that also looked great (super colorful clay theme was very amusing and such). A solid Kirby entry and Wii U game in general. I will say though that it's a shame it's hard to look at the TV when you're playing, lol; seeing the graphics on the brighter HD screen is generally just more enjoyable for me, but it can't be helped in this case, I guess

- a solid twin-stick shooter or what have you, was a bit impressed with the IMO pretty use of voxels, it's a colorful game with a lot of modes though the main levels are quick to baet... I don't feel like it did a great job of teaching how to really play/master the game but outside of that it was solid, especially for a free game for PS4

that's it for now, I hardly gamed February so that's why there's a drought then, and March I managed to beat some games but still it's nothing impressive, we'll see how it goes from here on out with all the things that are keeping me busy >_< I'M TRYING TO BEAT MY BACKLOG BUT THE GAMES JUST KEEP COMING!

oh yeah also:

The Last of Us: Left Behind, PS4, March 9th, 2015
Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae, PS4, March 18th, 2015

- DLC episode, decent, I mostly just wanted to play the game a bit more, so it satisfied that craving I suppose
- demo of FFXV, solid but uh... here let me just post my comments (and one of Snow's) below so I don't have to retype them AGAIN

[3/21/2015 6:57:44 PM] Blazer: [Wednesday, March 18, 2015 10:17 PM] Matías:

<<< Indeed, the only problem I had with the graphics was that when I was fighting the behemoth I had a bit of lag

[Wednesday, March 18, 2015 10:26 PM] Blazer:

<<< mhm
framerate issues in a few places for me[Wednesday, March 18, 2015 11:06 PM] Blazer:

<<< I beat the demo earlier btw, I think my playtime was between 2-3 hours
near 3
I think I just explored and such more
the game has a looot of problems but it was a rushed demo of sorts, so yeah... I wouldn't say it's a bad game, it has potential
and I like action RPGs
but it feels kinda sloppy still, if the game is just this but a bit more polished it'd only be around a 70/100 for me
if it's this game but better graphics/textures, tech problems (like framerate and such) fixed, better camera, faster-paced story, more to do in the area, can actually tell info about enemies, etc., then it might be solid
idk, FF games haven't impressed me much in general, so eh. I don't dislike it though.
at the same time, I'm probably not going to play the demo again, and I don't think I'll get this game at launch without some serious pressure.
maybe for $39.99 if the gameplay is actually solid throughout. I do like the animations and special effects a lot, at least
(end comments)

[3/21/2015 6:57:46 PM] Blazer: there, my comments

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#16 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:55 AM

can't even remember my username/pw to FEE

I think my username is Luffy but I can't get it to work and the forgot password thing hasn't gotten back to me yet

better luck later I guess

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#17 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:10 PM

Finished project x zone finally. That game was just so long for what it was...decent game overall I guess though. Battle system was my least favorite part after about an hour of playing. The novelty wore off so fast. And while the rest of the game was decent I just had better games to play.

Started on persona 4 yesterday. Looking extremely promising so far.

#18 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:00 PM

Haha yeah I agree the game got super repetitive, I actually enjoyed the battle system a little bit just because it's got super flashy/over-the-top animations and timing the attacks to get critical hits or whatever was fun, but in general it's way too repetitive and the game just drags on forever; I feel like it's totally a game that needs to be played in short spurts or else you'll just get sick of it.

The rest was ok, not great, not bad, just ok, IMO. lol

and the original P4, or P4G? either way, have fun! I hope you enjoy it!

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#19 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:25 PM

It's the original. I don't have vita

#20 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer