Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Idiot : (18 December 2017 - 06:13 AM) (Waits patiently for the madness to end)
@  Mig64 : (18 December 2017 - 03:30 AM) (Watches waving from shadows, then returns to the sewers)
@  Elwood : (18 December 2017 - 01:50 AM) (Watches waving from shadows and becomes envious)
@  kirant : (17 December 2017 - 09:28 PM) (Waves back pretending to be xcrash)
@  Fire Blazer : (17 December 2017 - 07:48 PM) (waves back)
@  xcrash1998 : (16 December 2017 - 08:09 PM) (Waves)
@  Fire Blazer : (16 December 2017 - 12:13 AM) (pokes head in)
@  Fire Blazer : (06 December 2017 - 07:16 PM) if the VA strike helped bring in a bit more diversity, then I suppose that's a good thing, lol
@  kirant : (29 November 2017 - 08:07 PM) What I'm trying to get at is that the variety might have been caused by necessity by developers. As much as I was always a fan, I don't think some certain VAs that I thought had great range (ex - Cherami Leigh, DC Douglas) would have gotten their bigger roles without such a strike.
@  kirant : (29 November 2017 - 08:05 PM) I think it's mostly because of a VA strike. A bunch have agreed to not work with major game creators (until an agreement was reached early November this year). This included some extremely prominent VAs (ex - Jennifer Hale).
@  Fire Blazer : (29 November 2017 - 03:36 PM) I feel like the variety is increasing a little bit though, if only because with voice acting becoming more common and people recognizing voices more, there's a little bit of benefit to getting some different voices, perhaps
@  Fire Blazer : (29 November 2017 - 03:34 PM) lol yeah there are some really prominent VOs that will get a lot of roles, and often times big ones
@  xcrash1998 : (27 November 2017 - 05:59 PM) Oh, ok fine. You can ignore the post
@  xcrash1998 : (27 November 2017 - 05:58 PM) Nope was an error on my end
@  kirant : (26 November 2017 - 10:32 PM) Troy Baker takes an insane number of roles. Him, Matt Mercer, and Laura Bailey all seem to be plastered all over games.
@  xcrash1998 : (26 November 2017 - 07:27 PM) Fire Blazer Yeah you are right. Just depends on how far it goes but then there is the question on what is to far or still ok.
@  Idiot : (26 November 2017 - 05:26 AM) There was a game I recently played where Troy Baker did the voice for like 4 different character. That dude is in everything.
@  Mig64 : (25 November 2017 - 05:57 AM) So I was watching the character intros for Fire Emblem Warriors, and I have to say Gharnef should've been voiced by Troy Baker.
https://tinyurl.com/TroyBakerGuldan
@  Fire Blazer : (24 November 2017 - 01:47 PM) and I think it'll stay this way for a bit. do you not like it? any alternatives that don't compromise the benefits of DLC? (e.g. Smash 4 DLC characters; would you rather delay the game for more characters, just so that they aren't released as DLC instead?)
@  Fire Blazer : (24 November 2017 - 01:46 PM) and you can see how they do their mobile games, so... yeah, Nintendo was a bit late to do it, but they eventually did join the other big companies with the new way of selling games and such

Photo

Portraits in FEditor adv

Portraits FEditor adv

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GeoSaga

GeoSaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:35 AM

So I just barely joined and am already asking questions.

Anyways, I wanted to try messing with Portraits, and as an exercise, I spliced Ephraim's head on Franz's body, and gave this guy the hair color of some boss in FE8, and used Ephraim's hair color for the armor (Which I think looks pretty cool!). Now, after finally getting down to 16 colors and the 128x112 dimensions, I went and tried to insert it into FEditor. Alas, this all occurred (see attached pictures). 

I tried the classic click and drag in FEditor, which usually solves these kinds of problems, but it didn't work this time.

I used the portrait of Franz as a template, so I thought I had dimensions correct on the half-closed eyes and closed eyes sections, but I could be completely off. So my question is: Are there any glaring mistakes on my portrait thing? I tried shifting things around a bit, but it didn't seem to immediately fix the problem...

Any advice?

Attached Files

#2 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:06 PM

That's an alignment thing. You'll need to shift the portrait(specifically the mugshot portion) until it lines up. Your best bet here is trial and error, just keep trying until you've gotten it close, then start counting how many pixels off you are. You'll get there eventually ^_^

#3 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:21 PM

Your best bet is actually the use of a grid that comes with some image editing programs. It specifically shows you the borders you need to follow.

igOFDI3.jpg

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#4 GeoSaga

GeoSaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:02 AM

Thank you both so much! I followed your instructions, and it turns out that I was just trying to be lazy and just do whatever I could without any sort of grid. But in my defense, I wasn't able to find a template like the one Mercurius had until now. I'm definitely saving that to use later! 

So thank you both so much! :D  :D

#5 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:38 AM

That template is twice as big as it should be (because I had to show the grid properly), this is the properly sized one (although as mentioned in the guide you really should use a program that has layers if you are going to use it, like paint.net or Photoshop)

https://www.dropbox....mplate.png?dl=0

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users