Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

E3 2016

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:20 PM

Might as well have a thread now since we're already getting a lot of info dumps before the event has even officially started. This is the place to get hyped, discuss news, drool over beautiful tech demos, etc.

I'd like to kick off the festivities by how surprised I am that atlus gave away the P5 launch date this close to e3(February 14th for those of you who haven't seen it yet). I figured they would wait and put giant posters up around their booth or something.

Microsoft and Sony have both already announced that they'll be announcing the new ps4 and xbone, whereas Nintendo is not going to be giving any NX info in favor of focusing completely on games it seems, however I'm expecting a surprise because the current lineup is a bit weak for e3. Basically everything in the list was already confirmed.

#2 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:58 AM

I'm mildly interested in Yakuza 0 but can't get myself to justify buying a PS4 yet. If Square Enix decides to release Dissidia Final Fantasy's reboot on the PS4 it will be a different story. I would also buy For Honor if I needed a PS4 for Dissidia.

World of Final Fantasy, Trails of the Cold Steel II, and Persona 5 are also fairly appealing things to look forward to for me as I don't need new hardware for them. I've become less interested in Fate/ over time (no, I'm not getting old, I just feel like it doesn't have enough novelty with the new stuff they make for the franchise) so the new game does not really concern me.

Can't really feel hyped over Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE enough to warrant buying the console for it.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#3 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:01 AM

Don't really know any games being shown off at e3 besides a p5 thing and the nintendo stream. I'm hyped for both.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:07 PM

popup.png

@  Fire Blazer : (13 June 2016 - 01:03 PM) comment_edit.png delete.png once I'm back from Los Angeles/E3 next week I should be able to catch up, I'll try to be on chat or something tho meanwhile @  Fire Blazer : (13 June 2016 - 01:03 PM) comment_edit.png delete.png also I'd rather just not die to any health problem thx *shot* @  Fire Blazer : (13 June 2016 - 01:03 PM) comment_edit.png delete.png hey guys, E-Threeeeeeeeeeeeee

read from bottom to top since it's a shoutbox c/p

EDIT: ok formatting messed up but you get the idea. busy with E3 but I'll try to be around other platforms if nothing else

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:46 PM

Everything has been stuff I expected to see. The only exception is We Happy Few, that looks so amazing.

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#6 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:36 AM

that sony conference kinda makes me want a ps4 tbh. particularly detroit being human and horizon zero dawn caught my interest.

#7 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:52 AM

that sony conference kinda makes me want a ps4 tbh. .

I haven't seen a thing at E3 but I think PS4 won purely with the words "Persona 5 launch date announced".

Unless Red Dead Redemption 2 is just as amazing as Red Dead.  And a One exclusive.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#8 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:03 AM

Zelda Breath of the Wild looks awesome. I was completely blown away. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#9 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:accepting things

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:31 AM

Hell yeah
Dave Grohl is rock and roll personified.

Actually a real smart genius man, but I'll never show it.

#10 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:32 AM

makes me glad i picked up a wiiU. game looks super good. i'm also looking forward to hearing about the ps4 neo when sony's ready to give us info. since the xbone s turned out to be so reasonably priced i'm guessing that the new ps4 will go the same way.

#11 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:13 AM

I doubt the PS4 Neo is going to get much of a drop in selling price because of the Xbone S considering that's just the slimmed down version of the Xbone.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#12 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:56 PM

With 4k support which was kinda what they were going for with it. It's not really just a slim model tbh which is why I was surprised about the reasonable price. Graphically it's a whole lot more powerful than the regular xbone. At least that's what I'm reading online. Can't seem to find any actual specs on it yet

#13 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:39 PM

The only thing I care about is the new Legend of Zelda game. Exploring is one of my favorite things in video games, and the graphics are absolutely amazing. (And all those people who complain about the graphics not being amazing need to go throw themselves into a pit RIGHT NOW. A game does NOT need 100% realistic, high-def graphics to look beautiful and be amazing.)

IUfb9Eg.png

#14 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:15 AM

A game does NOT need 100% realistic, high-def graphics to look beautiful and be amazing.

(Looks up Civ VI)

(Top comments are complaints about art quality)

...I see what you mean.

RedBlue.png

#15 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:32 PM

^ *looks that up too*

*Sees what you mean about what I mean*

I did watch some of the treehouse videos even though I usually detest doing so. I found out that there actually are humans and towns around and that they weren't showing it at E3 for spoiler reasons. That was satisfactory enough and I stopped watching. lol

IUfb9Eg.png

#16 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:54 AM

sorry I didn't post around stuff, I was actually at E3 (yay being a game dev; it wasn't all that grand as it's made out to be though, but at least I got to see some cool things and meet some cool people) and tbh, still haven't totally caught up with everything.

ok apparently I already said that before in this thread and forgot. WEEE. YAY BAD MEMORY.

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER, RESPONSE TIME

Everything has been stuff I expected to see. The only exception is We Happy Few, that looks so amazing.

"We Happy Few"? hmm.

*googles*

oookay that looks creepy no thanks I'm not interested

Might as well have a thread now since we're already getting a lot of info dumps before the event has even officially started. This is the place to get hyped, discuss news, drool over beautiful tech demos, etc.

I'd like to kick off the festivities by how surprised I am that atlus gave away the P5 launch date this close to e3(February 14th for those of you who haven't seen it yet). I figured they would wait and put giant posters up around their booth or something.

Microsoft and Sony have both already announced that they'll be announcing the new ps4 and xbone, whereas Nintendo is not going to be giving any NX info in favor of focusing completely on games it seems, however I'm expecting a surprise because the current lineup is a bit weak for e3. Basically everything in the list was already confirmed.

revealing stuff before E3 is a common thing lately/kind of a good idea, since stuff can get lost amidst E3 pretty easily, even moreso for people who don't have their games in dedicated conferences that get a lot of views and stuff (cough the Sony and MS press conferences)

I'm disappointed in the lack of NX info and the poor showing in general from Nintendo (it was just Zelda and even then the lines were just atrociously long such that I didn't even get to play because I'd have wasted half a day trying to) but whatevz

makes me glad i picked up a wiiU. game looks super good. i'm also looking forward to hearing about the ps4 neo when sony's ready to give us info. since the xbone s turned out to be so reasonably priced i'm guessing that the new ps4 will go the same way.

NX version might be better thoooo (I kinda hope it is but I hope it's not so much better that Wii U owners are salty and throw fits at Nintendo. though I don't pity the people who bought a Wii U just for Zelda, since that's just a poor purchasing decision: wait until the game has a set release date, instead of prematurely purchasing a console for one game...)

Zelda Breath of the Wild looks awesome. I was completely blown away. 

don't consider myself an LoZ fan anymore but I was impressed too. will be even moreso if the game runs/looks better on NX since I'm kind of spoiled now by the graphics on other consoles. but even without that it still looks great, thanks to the awesome art style that isn't purely dependent on SPECS.

that sony conference kinda makes me want a ps4 tbh. particularly detroit being human and horizon zero dawn caught my interest.

Horizon Zero Dawn looks great and had my interest since last E3. sadly my PS4 hasn't gotten much usage and now I just have a big backlog of games for it. siiiigh

I haven't seen a thing at E3 but I think PS4 won purely with the words "Persona 5 launch date announced".

Unless Red Dead Redemption 2 is just as amazing as Red Dead.  And a One exclusive.

fanboyyyy it's coming to PS3 too tho don't forget *shot*

I'm mildly interested in Yakuza 0 but can't get myself to justify buying a PS4 yet. If Square Enix decides to release Dissidia Final Fantasy's reboot on the PS4 it will be a different story. I would also buy For Honor if I needed a PS4 for Dissidia.

World of Final Fantasy, Trails of the Cold Steel II, and Persona 5 are also fairly appealing things to look forward to for me as I don't need new hardware for them. I've become less interested in Fate/ over time (no, I'm not getting old, I just feel like it doesn't have enough novelty with the new stuff they make for the franchise) so the new game does not really concern me.

Can't really feel hyped over Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE enough to warrant buying the console for it.

Yakuza 0 looked cool but not super impressive. might pick it up eventually at a notable discount.

the new Dissidia FF would be great if it came to PS4. For Honor also looks cool if not a bit odd (Vikings vs. Pirates vs. Samurai? Not sure where that came from, but ok. As long as it plays well and stuff)

World of FF could be cool but I'm not super hyped--depends on execution. the fan-service won't sell it for me since I'm not a huge FF fan.

ToCS II I'm excited for and I got to talk to the XSEED people and play the game (even though I already beat it in Japanese lol) so that was pretty awesome. I spent a while at the XSEED booth, actually. XP

Persona 5 was hype though I'm salty I missed the autograph session for a signed art print. but whatever. *shrugs* this game def looks way more fun than P4 though. hopefully it delivers and I'm not spoiled on stuff due to the huge gap in release between Japan and the U.S. (since I won't be importing it for various good reasons; I really need to stop importing games due to lack of patience, lol...)

TMS#FE is cool but buying a console for it is... yeah, unless you're some super huge SMT and FE nerd that must have it... probably not worth it. hopefully the NX is backwards-compatible or there's some other way for more people to play it eventually, since it's a niche game being released at the end of the console's life cycle (a recipe for failure, almost--perhaps part of why Nintendo decided to dig the game's grave even more by not dubbing it, along with all the near legitimate reasons to not give the game an English dub, such as the Japanese songs with accompanying video that would be hard to lip sync to new audio, it being in Tokyo, the associated cost of dubbing, etc...)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#17 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:54 AM

ToCS II I'm excited for and I got to talk to the XSEED people and play the game (even though I already beat it in Japanese lol) so that was pretty awesome. I spent a while at the XSEED booth, actually. XP

Now that they own the harvest moon franchise, I probably would have hung around their stall too. Unless the LoZ game was on demo somewhere, but from what I hear, Nintendo had no demos this year?

will be even moreso if the game runs/looks better on NX since I'm kind of spoiled now by the graphics on other consoles

I found the game to be absolutely gorgeous and stunning, even if it was using a slightly cartoony artstyle. But then again, I don't own anything but Nintendo consoles, and highest-definition PC game I own is Skyrim. (And no mods to make the world look better; only the actors. The world itself is gorgeous IMO.) I seem to have a very low expectation for scenery graphics, though. (And a slightly higher expectation for actors; particularly the one I'm controlling.)

IUfb9Eg.png

#18 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:07 PM

i think the LoZ game was playable there, but i heard the lines were abysmal.

i'm in the same boat as leafeon here, and i don't really bother looking at games i can't play, so breath of the wild really looks great to me tbh

#19 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:36 AM

fanboyyyy

I really don't think that's fair at a--

(Looks at avatar)

You might have a point.

RedBlue.png

#20 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:01 AM

Now that they own the harvest moon franchise, I probably would have hung around their stall too. Unless the LoZ game was on demo somewhere, but from what I hear, Nintendo had no demos this year?

I found the game to be absolutely gorgeous and stunning, even if it was using a slightly cartoony artstyle. But then again, I don't own anything but Nintendo consoles, and highest-definition PC game I own is Skyrim. (And no mods to make the world look better; only the actors. The world itself is gorgeous IMO.) I seem to have a very low expectation for scenery graphics, though. (And a slightly higher expectation for actors; particularly the one I'm controlling.)

as Zac mentioned, it was on demo, it was the ONLY playable demo, in fact... the lines were just seriously horrendous. and the new Story of Seasons game was in Japanese but looked solid, and there's still Harvest Moon from Natsume, for what that's worth... haha

Zelda's beautiful, I still think some of the textures could be even better though. I like the art style a lot actually so I don't mind that its cartoony, Nintendo tends to be like that with their art styles in general anyway, so I guess for me it's to be expected/I'm used to it.

and my standards for game graphics have admittedly gone up since branching out, but I can basically enjoy anything that's not visually just... straight bad. I do have a harder time with older games whose graphics didn't age well, though.

i think the LoZ game was playable there, but i heard the lines were abysmal.

i'm in the same boat as leafeon here, and i don't really bother looking at games i can't play, so breath of the wild really looks great to me tbh

yup

XP fair

I really don't think that's fair at a--

(Looks at avatar)

You might have a point.

ahahaha, hey, not necessarily a bad thing. :P I mean, I like the series! ;) I'd say I'm a casual fan though, not a major one or fanboy. We'll see if P5 changes that, heh.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users