Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fire Blazer : (16 January 2018 - 08:01 PM) I could probably find out if I really wanted to, but............. it kind of sounds like a pain. XP
@  Fire Blazer : (16 January 2018 - 08:00 PM) rip @ birthday boy thing lol
@  Fire Blazer : (16 January 2018 - 08:00 PM) ugh. think I got the spam bots. sorry about that
@  Idiot : (15 January 2018 - 05:10 AM) I don't remember what his username was :(
@  Idiot : (13 January 2018 - 06:58 PM) Wow birthday boy has an intense username.
@  Fire Blazer : (13 January 2018 - 03:58 AM) *B ) not B), silly emoticon
@  Fire Blazer : (13 January 2018 - 03:58 AM) like you definitely do Valke, and some others too, XD
@  Fire Blazer : (13 January 2018 - 03:58 AM) yeah I figured, if you didn't say already. it's hard to tell though with typing, A) because I can't hear you and B) because it seems like most of my friends who don't speak English natively, still speak it PRETTY well
@  Valke : (12 January 2018 - 05:45 AM) Thank you for correcting my mistake! English isn't my native language ^^"
@  Fire Blazer : (11 January 2018 - 08:22 PM) TWEWY Switch port tho
@  xcrash1998 : (11 January 2018 - 05:30 PM) And another spambot, has been a while.
@  Fire Blazer : (10 January 2018 - 07:38 PM) anyway I'm glad it wasn't too bad of a situation, haha.
@  Fire Blazer : (10 January 2018 - 07:37 PM) "why does this sound weird" instead of "why does this sounds" weird. XD
@  Fire Blazer : (10 January 2018 - 07:37 PM) I think you were closer the first time.
@  Valke : (10 January 2018 - 06:50 AM) apparently my parents forgot to leave the house key when they left the house... :)
@  Valke : (10 January 2018 - 06:50 AM) *do
@  Valke : (10 January 2018 - 06:50 AM) thank you. i got in one hour after i posted that shout(why does this sounds weird)
@  Fire Blazer : (10 January 2018 - 01:30 AM) that's... actually kind of funny. and adventurous. and dangerous-sounding. XD. I don't have any stories like that (thankfully? lol), but I imagine being locked out is a pain, based on the impression I've gotten from other people, haha
@  Ichigopinkflash : (09 January 2018 - 04:32 PM) Ahh the college years so hilariously funny xD. That was a fun time back then to.
@  Ichigopinkflash : (09 January 2018 - 04:30 PM) I knew if I broke the railing my roommate would kill me. I thought about trying again with something else stacked but I'd already made a whole bunch of noise in my last attempt. My neighborhood was one of those neighborhood watch ones and it was like 2am and I had my work uniform on which was all black lmao. So I gave up and embarrassingly called my parents asking to stay with them the night cause I got locked out of my house lmao

Photo

Understanding Tilesets

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:12 AM

So I've jumped back into hacking recently and I'm at the stage of making my first map. I cannot make heads or tales of where stuff is located in tilesets. Example: I'm trying to build a fort. I cannot for the life of me figure out where all the different corner tiles are.

So any tips or any kind of guide y'all could point me to?

jh7otj.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15
QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,094 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:01 AM

whoop, just saw this.

so this is more of a map-making question than a hacking question, right? you're doing it in Mappy or whatever, I'm guessing? sadly, i think a lot of it is just trial/error and looking around, but generally speaking, somewhat similar stuff tends to be grouped together... but more than that, I think you can get a good idea by looking at existing maps.

for instance, I'm not sure what you mean by a fort (something like chapter 4 in FE7, or chapter 7x in FE7?) but by looking at a map that has the same tileset or the like, you could see which tiles you need, then look for those in the full tileset, and go from there.

if you didn't already figure it out, hopefully that helps a little

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:43 AM

I'm using Tiled since it's supposed to be better than Mappy. Thanks for the reply Blazer. I'll give that a try.

I'm not sure what you mean by a fort (something like chapter 4 in FE7, or chapter 7x in FE7?)

Yeah, by a fort I mean the indoor areas with stone walls.

jh7otj.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15
QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,094 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:38 AM

oh yeah, people started using that some time ago, didn't they. I kinda quit hacking so I forgot and don't think I ever used Tiled myself.

hopefully you can figure something out regardless though.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users