Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Who are your pairs/couples?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:53 AM

There are some pairs I won't change on any playthrough. I was wondering if anyone else had these and just curious about the pairs you've made in your playthroughs.

First Playthrough          Second Playthrough

Chrom - Sumia             Chrom - Sumia

Tactician - Olivia           Tactician - Lissa

Donnel - Lissa              Owain - Noire

Morgan - Yarne            Brady - Morgan

Owain - Cynthia           Donnel - Olivia

Vaike - Miriel                Cherche - Gaius

Lon'qu - Panne             Lon'qu - Panne

Stahl - Sully                  Kellam - Cordelia

Libra - Nowi                  Vaike - Miriel

Tharja - Henry              Ricken - Maribelle

Virion - Maribelle          Sully - Fredrick

Cordelia - Fredrick       Tharja - Henry

Gregor - Cherche         Nowi - Gregor

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#2 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:07 AM

Only pairing I remember from my first playthrough was Robin x Lissa cause that was the first one that opened up for me lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#3 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:00 AM

I generally don't care for any pairs but I did at least marry characters in Awakening, and I pretty much wouldn't marry my (male) avatar to any character whose design I didn't like... that being said I don't actually remember who I married them to except I know I did Cordelia once lol

but aside from that i really didn't care who married who, not statistically or otherwise, if someone got married it was just because they happened to be paired up together enough in battle lol. me being slightly restrictive about my avatar is just me being silly because I don't want to see a lot of characters I think are ugly (most Awakening females in my book) and Robin is OP so ofc I'm going to abuse his OPness a lot along with whoever he's paired up with. so pretty much it wasn't Flavia, Lissa, Miriel. uhh yeah I probably shouldn't continue or I'm going to insult most of the female characters in the game and I'm going to get lynched LOL

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#4 Fujisaki

Fujisaki

Tipping the scales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:video games
    tumblr
    art

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:36 PM

Ready for a long post?loljk

Having beaten the game so many times....it's not even funny anymore

Who I've paired my MU with: Male

Tharja

Sumia (I really don't remember when I married her....must have been when I first played the game....lol)

Cordelia

Nowi

Cynthia

Lissa

Miriel 

Panne

Anna

Female MU:

Stahl

Lon'qu

Yarne

Chrom 

Henry

Frederick

Gaius

Virion

(I've also forgotten my past pairings so I'm gonna use my three recent playthroughs to fill the void)

First Playthrough:

Female MU/Frederick

Sully/Gaius

Miriel/Ricken

Nowi/Donny

Sumia/Henry

Tharja/Virion

Chrom/Olivia

Maribelle/Lon'qu

Vaike/Cordelia

Lissa/Libra

Stahl/Panne

Cherche/Gregor

Children Pairs:

Yarne/Noire

Inigo/Severa

Nightwing Gerome/Lucina

MorganM/Cynthia

Brady/Kjelle

Nah/Owain

Second Playthrough: (Currently under progress...lol)

MaleMU (Robin, hahahahha generic)/Lissa

Chrom/Sully (Galeforce is overrated...so I decided to switch it up...finally. ><)

Panne/Virion

Cordelia/Donny

Maribelle/Libra

Olivia/Vaike

Nowi/Henry

Cherche/Gaius

Miriel/Lon'qu

Tharja/Stahl

Only children I've unlocked so far are Kjelle, Lucina, Owain and Brady.

Third Playthrough

MaleMU/Cynthia (Because I wanted Aether Morgan....sue me)

Miriel/Kellam

Lissa/Vaike

Cherche/Ricken

Olivia/Lon'qu

Libra/Nowi

Donny/Sully

Henry/Panne

Tharja/Gaius

Maribelle/Stahl

Chrom/Sumia

Cordelia/Virion

Children Pairings:

Nightwing Gerome/Noire

Inigo/Nah

Yarne/Lucina

Severa/Owain

Morgan/Brady

Laurent/Kjelle

“My lady, I may never take my eyes off you again! ...Unless I'm about to run into a wall.”
"Have we chanced upon the forbidden sanctuary of the bikini tribe?!"

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:35 PM

Wow! That was detailed, haha. Way more playthroughs than me, and a good variety too. I mean, if each MU pairing is a playthrough... yeah I'm not going to count haha

(Galeforce is overrated...so I decided to switch it up...finally. ><)

haha yeah I mean it's good for rushing chapters but there's more to the game's skills than Galeforce XD

lol@genericRobin

and suing people takes money, so no thanks lol

Chrom/Sumia

canon-ish pairing spotted

Libra/Nowi is lol because I feel like one is huge and one is super small and it'd just be a little awkward

Olivia/Lon'qu

I feel like these two would have a hard time interacting together, lol. one is super shy and the other is... kinda shy, to girls, though it's a little more complicated than that, lol. Now I'm just kind of seeing them blush around each other without actually meeting eyes, LOL

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 Fujisaki

Fujisaki

Tipping the scales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:video games
    tumblr
    art

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:21 AM

Wow! That was detailed, haha. Way more playthroughs than me, and a good variety too. I mean, if each MU pairing is a playthrough... yeah I'm not going to count haha

haha yeah I mean it's good for rushing chapters but there's more to the game's skills than Galeforce XD

lol@genericRobin

and suing people takes money, so no thanks lol

canon-ish pairing spotted

Libra/Nowi is lol because I feel like one is huge and one is super small and it'd just be a little awkward

I feel like these two would have a hard time interacting together, lol. one is super shy and the other is... kinda shy, to girls, though it's a little more complicated than that, lol. Now I'm just kind of seeing them blush around each other without actually meeting eyes, LOL

Haha, yeah. But http://i.imgur.com/ZNJvyFx.jpg That gave me the idea...and it's kind of already canon as is. I mean, they are both from Regna Ferox and served under Basilio/Flavia (Another ship that wasn't in Awakening but should have.)
What I really did was go through my support logs and pick out the pairings I haven't done.)
I wish you could have up to ten save files instead of three (wait, isn't that what the SD card is for? Extra data? THINK NINTENDO,

Edit: I got the rest of the Children
Nah/Inigo
Severa/Yarne
Cynthia/Laurent
Lucina/Brady
Noire/Owain
FeMorgan/Gerome (I basically have already done all of the S supports for her omg)
“My lady, I may never take my eyes off you again! ...Unless I'm about to run into a wall.”
"Have we chanced upon the forbidden sanctuary of the bikini tribe?!"

#7 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:36 AM

Basilio/Flavia (Another ship that wasn't in Awakening but should have.)

My opinion on this really has no place in this thread, but I'm going to give it anyways.

I'm glad that this was a platonic support. A ham-fisted S support would've really ruined the tone of the rest of the support (in my eyes). Plus it was IIRC the only platonic support between opposite sex characters in the game which was really refreshing.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#8 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:13 AM

Cero, you have a point but at the same time, if you're going to have that kind of approach to supports in the first place, I'm not sure how much difference having one platonic support is going to make. but to each their own, I guess, I can see why either way might be nice (I'm personally fine with their relationship as-is)

also neat fanart

and

I totally agree on the save files thing. at LEAST 5, I think Radiant Dawn had that many, but really I can't think of a good reason not to include 10. I think there's certainly space for a little more save data on the cartridge, but even if there weren't, it could also save to the 3DS's SD card/whatever, especially if it's digital, because digital downloads are AFAIK always going to save to the system's memory (again, SD card or whatever) and not a cartridge.

so meh, wish they'd do something about it or at least give us a reason if there is one, but alas. I think it's practically just tradition to limit save files at this point and it's kind of annoying. it'd be nice if they made something like a universal save system like how with many PS games you can just keep creating save data via manual saves so long as you have space. >_>;

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#9 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Saepe in arcas verborum scribere obliviscor.

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:26 PM

Oh boy, I've done a couple of runs. I didn't grind most of them (my first lunatic run and my lunatic+ run), but I have one file of Lunatic I grinded to do apotheosis. I built my pairings around predetermined goals, but this is pretty much it.

I had these FeMU pairings.

Avatar x Walhart- Lunatic was easy as shit and I was pretty happy with waiting for a Morgan with Conquest.

Chrom x Olivia- This one kind of gave me a mediocre Lucina, however the Inigo from this pairing is very powerful as a Dread Fighter or Swordmaster. Inigo is generally a beast with Rightful King.

Lissa x Vaike- I did this because I was going for a Dread Fighter Owain, personally I believe the Hero/Dread Fighter line are Owain's best options.

Maribelle x Henry- Maribelle has some interesting supports... And only a few of them really work to produce a good Brady. It was between Henry and Libra, and I decided that Henry was better for Maribelle and Libra for Tharja.

Sully x Virion- I think Kjelle is generally one of the worse children due to Sully's awful stat modifiers, so I threw Virion over here since I had nothing better to do with him.

Sumia x Gaius- This produced a pretty fast Falcon Knight Cynthia, which was my goal.

Cordelia x Lon'qu- This is probably my most powerful setup and one of my favorites, since both of the parents have good modifiers. I went Assassin Severa and she turned out as one of my best units.

Cherche x Stahl- I think Stahl has the highest defense modifier out of the possible pair-ups for Cherche, and since I wanted Gerome as a flying tank, I used this setup. It works well.

Panne x Gregor- This is another very powerful setup for Yarne outside of his Taguel class. Gregor has some great modifiers for stats in general, and this one ended up as the best.

Miriel x Ricken- This is one of my other powerful setups. This is honestly the only viable setup for Miriel in my opinion, because Ricken doesn't do well with many other supports and the two powerful mages going together produces a very scary Laurent. I decided to build him for Magic only as a joke, so when the build finished, I capped at 72 magic (with limit breaker).

Tharja x Libra- This is a good Noire setup for using her as something other than her base class, since Libra has great modifiers and complements Tharja's well. Libra is also here since I used Henry for Maribelle.

Nowi x Donnel- Nah has a tendency to lag behind without Donnel as a father, and she's an absolute monster when she caps everything. Currently my standing best unit made from pure statistics.

#10 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:37 PM

ahh, so you based your supports moreso upon statistics than relationships/chemistry/looks, huh? Interesting. That reminds me, does Apotheosis scale with difficulty, or does it not since it's DLC? I honestly don't know (though I might have at one point...)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#11 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Saepe in arcas verborum scribere obliviscor.

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:26 AM

It does not. The only difficulty increase comes in the form of taking the hard route (which I did too, netting me the Ultimate Emblem). I don't care much for the supports in Awakening aside from some of the more comical ones. For example, Inigo and Gerome have interesting supports and post-DLC dialogue, so that's kind of funny. Because I was going for Apotheosis hard mode, I tried to make my supports as statistically favored as possible, which did work. Some of the DLC do scale with difficulty, as do streetpass teams (R&R being notable... This made it interesting to farm Limit Breaks).

#12 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:11 AM

alright, good to know. I do know that DLC in general scales but the whole point of apotheosis was to be the ultimate (grind) challenge or something, so it'd have been weird if it scaled with difficulty as well.

yeah... ugh... farming limit breaks and planning out stats/skills... ugh just doesn't sound like fun to me in the least lol

the dialog in Awakening is funny/humorous at least the first time, I'll give it that. the subject matter might be eh but the interactions in general were amusing and I generally enjoyed them.

maybe it's unfair to expect all supports to be set in the same kind of tone thye were before. maybe a mix of both "shallow" and "deep" supports is better instead of expecting all supports to be more serious or have more substance. I guess what really matters is that they're well-written/executed in general and that they succeed at what they're trying to do, whatever that is.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users