Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Smash 4 Fans

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • Location:My body lies in Georgia...but my mind lives in Arthias.
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 23 May 2016 - 09:33 PM

For those of you who like to follow the Smash 4 scene, do you have a favorite player, stream, or tournament series you like to follow?
"You'll never forgive me? Like I give a damn."
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
^ This isn't dead, I swear!
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

3DS Friend Code 0834 - 1057 - 3616

#2 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:02 PM

i don't follow the scene too heavily, but my favorite player is definitely ryo. he plays ike with the same basic style that i do, so i can learn a lot from watching his matches. and he always seems to be having fun when he's playing which is really cool. sometimes people can get way too serious about smash and stop having fun in tournaments(see leffen whenever he rages)

#3 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:06 PM

Ah. I've already fought him. Lol
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

#4 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:24 PM

really?!?! that's super cool man. i gotta ask though did he bring out the ike? i've never had the opportunity to get a first hand account of how really solid ike play feels. the only high level player i've played against is actually a melee player, so i don't really have anything to go on when it comes to sm4sh competitive play tbh. i know i wouldn't make it very far in a tournament because i don't have the experience against other good players, but i'm confident in my ike play enough that i can say i would definitely learn by playing with someone who plays him better than me XD.

i'd love to go to tournaments, but i'm in a place where gaming is sort of a novetly. there are no tournaments of any kind within an hour, so it's a bit of a nuisance to bother trying. also i don't have a license and my parents probably aren't going to haul me out somewhere to play a game.

#5 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:09 PM

I dunno about this smash scene business but

Roy all the way. Roy and Shulk.

I used to like Pikachu, but then they decided it was too OP and needed nerfing. Now it can't KO anything unless it has ridiculously high damage. Not even with its final smash. :(

IUfb9Eg.png

#6 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:19 PM

@Zac

https://youtu.be/Bt9pNl2R4QY
Why don't you watch it and see? Lol

But it's certainly a common thing to want to see what a pro player can do, and even to just want to fight someone who plays your character at a higher level.

Being the second best Ike in GA,I've had my fair share of people who wanted to fight me. But even I get excited whenever I get to play Rango.

I've also fought Ryo twice now. Once in the video I linked, and the other time at Fusion 3. I managed to do better at Fusion 3, but I'm still 0-2 in sets against him.

@Blue Leafeon Yeah, Pikachu has a lot of trouble killing, which is probably why Pikachu has such amazing offstage game, and excels at gimping.
Posted Image

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:09 PM

For those of you who like to follow the Smash 4 scene, do you have a favorite player, stream, or tournament series you like to follow?

hmm, not really. I like watching Nairo and M2K a bit but I'm not like big fans or anything. I tend to just want exciting matches in general. People who play lower-tier characters or are underdogs tend to be more interesting to me too.

Tournament series... hmm, nah. I just watch whatever if I'm bored, I don't watch a ton. Sometimes watch the big tournaments when they pop up, but I'm bad at following all that.

What about you though Arim?

i don't follow the scene too heavily, but my favorite player is definitely ryo. he plays ike with the same basic style that i do, so i can learn a lot from watching his matches. and he always seems to be having fun when he's playing which is really cool. sometimes people can get way too serious about smash and stop having fun in tournaments(see leffen whenever he rages)

I don't like Ryo as a person but his Ike is cool since I like Ike quite a bit (though Marth is still awesome and Roy's still my main). I agree with the "get way too serious" thing. Everyone has their own definition of "fun" but I think it just generally stops being fun for people when there's too much bitterness involved (don't want to use the word "salt" because it's hard to take it seriously due to how overused it is and how its just thrown at everything).

Ah. I've already fought him. Lol

Ooh, that's cool. Guess you've been playing a lot huh?

really?!?! that's super cool man. i gotta ask though did he bring out the ike? i've never had the opportunity to get a first hand account of how really solid ike play feels. the only high level player i've played against is actually a melee player, so i don't really have anything to go on when it comes to sm4sh competitive play tbh. i know i wouldn't make it very far in a tournament because i don't have the experience against other good players, but i'm confident in my ike play enough that i can say i would definitely learn by playing with someone who plays him better than me XD.

i'd love to go to tournaments, but i'm in a place where gaming is sort of a novetly. there are no tournaments of any kind within an hour, so it's a bit of a nuisance to bother trying. also i don't have a license and my parents probably aren't going to haul me out somewhere to play a game.

ahh, stinks about the tournaments. I kinda know that feel. There are some things within 30-45 minutes here but it's a real pain. The only event I could somewhat consistently go to was my university's weeklies, and that'll end next year probably since I'll be out of school. Other events tend to be too far and not worth it...*sigh*

As for playing with good players, online play really isn't the same, but I'm sure you could find some good players. Some people stream online so that's one thing, and there's the Smash Ladder if you have the Wii U version of Smash, which is basically a necessity to take Sm4sh seriously, since the 3DS scene is... kind of non-existent as far as I know since it's just so inferior to Smash for Wii U.

I'd definitely be willing to play too and so would Arim, though I can't vouch for how good either of us are, I haven't played Arim in a long while, kind of want to now since apparently he's really good haha.

(Cero and Voffie and Silence also play Sm4sh so if you ever get the Wii U version you'll have a few options here as far as playing people goes)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:50 PM

Well with me, my favorite tournament series would probably be Between Yomi Gaming's Smash Days and Gwinnet Brawl. Though I'm obviously biased since I help run both those tournaments and also love competing in them.

As a person, Ryo is kind of arrogant, and doesn't always handle losses well,but everyone has flaws, and overall he's a pretry cool dude. And I love watching his Ike.

My other favorite players include Fatality, Scatt, Rango, San, Ryuga, Stark, Zero, Nairo, 6WX, M2K, Day, and many others. With most of them being good friends.

As far as big tournament series, I tend to follow the scene pretty heavily since I go to so many of them. I was at Tipped Off, Fusion 3, Kings of the South, Metro Smash Masters(Which I took 17th at, one of my best placings), and I'm going to be at Momocon.
Posted Image

#9 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:21 PM

I like Nairo, ESAM, and DKWill. Big fans of them. I'm a melee player so I'm not too into individuals in smash 4 (barring the people I just mentioned), just good exciting matches. 

I know that tourney distance feeling. I'm in Chicago which has a plethora of tournies but they are pretty far away and I can't be bother to go to any but my weeklies. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#10 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:06 PM

I'd definitely be willing to play too and so would Arim, though I can't vouch for how good either of us are, I haven't played Arim in a long while, kind of want to now since apparently he's really good haha.

(Cero and Voffie and Silence also play Sm4sh so if you ever get the Wii U version you'll have a few options here as far as playing people goes)

actually i think i'll be getting it sometime this week. my paycheck hit this morning so i have a little breathing room again(was left with like $35 in the bank at the end of last week XD) i only have one bill to worry about right now, so i think i'll get smash and one of those pro controllers so i don't have to worry about using the huge-ass gamepad for something that likes quick inputs. on that topic is there any place to buy one of those controllers for less than like $40? seems a bit high imo, but i didn't see it for much less on amazon. if that's just the going rate i'll pony up and get one anyway because the gamepad is a bit big for my taste. it's great when i don't want to look at a tv screen, but otherwise is a bit inconvenient.

#11 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:42 AM

I like Nairo, ESAM, and DKWill. Big fans of them. I'm a melee player so I'm not too into individuals in smash 4 (barring the people I just mentioned), just good exciting matches. 

I know that tourney distance feeling. I'm in Chicago which has a plethora of tournies but they are pretty far away and I can't be bother to go to any but my weeklies. 

"I'm a melee player"

lol

*shot*

Well with me, my favorite tournament series would probably be Between Yomi Gaming's Smash Days and Gwinnet Brawl. Though I'm obviously biased since I help run both those tournaments and also love competing in them.

As a person, Ryo is kind of arrogant, and doesn't always handle losses well,but everyone has flaws, and overall he's a pretry cool dude. And I love watching his Ike.

My other favorite players include Fatality, Scatt, Rango, San, Ryuga, Stark, Zero, Nairo, 6WX, M2K, Day, and many others. With most of them being good friends.

As far as big tournament series, I tend to follow the scene pretty heavily since I go to so many of them. I was at Tipped Off, Fusion 3, Kings of the South, Metro Smash Masters(Which I took 17th at, one of my best placings), and I'm going to be at Momocon.

I don't really know anyone who is good, but not arrogant and DOES take losses well. getting salty is natural, and it's even worse when you build up an ego that makes you feel like you shouldn't have lost or you're better than someone else or whatever. I know this feeling myself, even though I'm not that good.

but, I don't know a lot of players, so you probably know some. still, I feel like being good and being arrogant and getting salty or having a bad personality come hand-in-hand, since most good players I meet tend to not be fun to play with, with rare exceptions (I have a couple friends who are better than me but super chill and fun... except when one of them trolls too hard, but trolling is meant to put you on tilt, and technically still in good fun, soooo I don't hold it against them XP)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#12 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:32 AM

i know of a few players in the blazblue community that are pretty good and don't get tilted off the face of the earth when they lose, but raging happens in every pro community it seems. kinda makes sense since they put a hell of a lot more work into it than your average player, but a few people could stand to take it easy once in awhile.

#13 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 05:16 AM

i know of a few players in the blazblue community that are pretty good and don't get tilted off the face of the earth when they lose, but raging happens in every pro community it seems. kinda makes sense since they put a hell of a lot more work into it than your average player, but a few people could stand to take it easy once in awhile.

ayyy lol. It happens in real sports too to be fair (though my personal experience is that people in real sports tend to take it a lot better and get less salty/don't blame others as much, though of course there are exceptions and such) but yeah, emotions are a tough thing. if you train a lot/git gud/travel to play/whatever, you're invested, if you're invested, it's only natural to be hurt, etc., it's just one of the things that comes with the territories, but even so I wish the negative feelings and atmosphere of such things could be lessened a bit, I guess

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#14 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:07 AM

I actually know a lot of Top players who are very modest. Lol Then again, I also know a lot of top players in general.

Void is like the most chill dude I've ever met. Lol Like, win or lose, he's just like, "I just wanna play Smash."
Posted Image

#15 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:36 PM

I actually know a lot of Top players who are very modest. Lol Then again, I also know a lot of top players in general.

Void is like the most chill dude I've ever met. Lol Like, win or lose, he's just like, "I just wanna play Smash."

that's awesome. it's good to know that not everyone is kind of a jerk, even if a lot of people/most people I see are, lol. I dig that "I just wanna play Smash" mentality, it's similar to mine, haha

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users