Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

What do you believe?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 Memento Mori

Memento Mori

Generally Greater Than You

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:44 AM

we dont even know from your post who or what this passage is talking about. if you look at the passage as a whole the setting is the Israelites moving into the promise land. the people there, if they captured an someone (like an Israelite) who was not from their nation, they would skin them alive, mutilate them, chop them to pieces, gangrape them, put their heads on stakes - which is why they killed all the men
and yes God is a vengeful God at times

You know, I was going to nitpick at you about how patheticly veiled your little theological arguments are and how my arguments are fairly well-supported in another drawn out post, but the fact that you can admit that God endorses and condones....skinning, mutilating, dismembering and raping (fun fact, you just counteracted your own argument in saying he does not, in fact, promote rape) others sorta makes me want nothing to do you.

Ah, I do so love militant theists.

#62 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Being possibly the most awesome person in the world would be my interests, yes.

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:53 PM

The bane of Christianity today is certainly its inability to respect others beliefs, to try to convert everyone else.

Not everyone's like that but it's everywhere.

What's interesting though is that Jews interpret the Torah in a totally different view, one that isn't literal but is a story about morality. So it's not really necessarily stories with God, but stories that paint a picture of what He's like. It's quite interesting because in temple we would discuss passages and their meaning, similar to an English course, rather than being preached as literal truth. This means that every interpretation of the Torah is really quite unique. Certainly they do have "accepted" interpretations but the point is is that everyone can view it differently and take their view on it. The Bible could be this way but a lot of people accept it as literal truth...

These stories were written in a time that were much different than today - to accept them as literal truth would promote all sorts of hideous acts that Mr.Mori kindly pointed out.

Yay interpretation!
user posted image

#63 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:dingleberries

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (Charon the Ferryman @ Aug 23 2010, 11:53 AM)
The bane of Christianity today is certainly its inability to respect others beliefs, to try to convert everyone else.

Not everyone's like that but it's everywhere.

What's interesting though is that Jews interpret the Torah in a totally different view, one that isn't literal but is a story about morality. So it's not really necessarily stories with God, but stories that paint a picture of what He's like. It's quite interesting because in temple we would discuss passages and their meaning, similar to an English course, rather than being preached as literal truth. This means that every interpretation of the Torah is really quite unique. Certainly they do have "accepted" interpretations but the point is is that everyone can view it differently and take their view on it. The Bible could be this way but a lot of people accept it as literal truth...

These stories were written in a time that were much different than today - to accept them as literal truth would promote all sorts of hideous acts that Mr.Mori kindly pointed out.

Yay interpretation!

See this is what I've always thought. That the bible should be more of a guide than a set of rules, and that it should be taken with a grain of salt and not so literally.
user posted image

#64 Sleipnir36

Sleipnir36

100% custom made!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, member of "Friends of the Earth International", reading, writing, swiming and more....

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:51 AM

I really don't like (but still tolerate) the idea of the ultimate god, with the ultimate rule book how to live and the "oracels" he gave us to show, how he love us, because even if this higher person mean it on a good context, some homan will always misunderstand his/her words and like the last few pages, only a big clash about the "right" interpretation will come or the words are used to give a bad operation or institution to give the right, to pilfer the goods, lifes or hopes of their fellow men, only to enrich themselves. Instead, i like more the idea of the buddism. They don't have a god, who is liable for everything, they don't judge you for thinking other things than the other or thinking sinful thoughs and they say, that even the most "evil" person can reach the ultimate state of peace (also called Nirvana) with enough willpower and curage even, if this person need for this state more than one live. And i do not want discuss the Question "Who created the universe and the live?" 'cos i am now to tutch tired to talk about that.
(Begin): Read this if you want to know, how to entertain a idiot for ten minutes.(Go to begin)

#65 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Being possibly the most awesome person in the world would be my interests, yes.

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:57 PM

Why would you tolerate an idea that you don't like? Religion is a personal thing that you believe. If you don't think it makes sense to believe in an ultimate being then you don't have to believe in one.
user posted image

#66 thedespised2166

thedespised2166

The official Director of Classic Legends...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Super Smash Bros. Brawl<br>FE 6-8, 10<br><br>Animating, chatting with friends, etc.

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

Eh, true... And even so, humans weren't created like how the bible stated.
We were just simple single-celled organisms that evolved into what we are today.
Although what would create the lives of our mindless single-celled ancestors?
The Classic Legends producer is currently working on: Preview
user posted image
Other sigs (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
What Color Are You...?

user posted image
(No it is not the Heath from FE7! It's a character from my series that's similar to him.)

user posted image

#67 Zeldaicflame

Zeldaicflame

Mage Fighter

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (thedespised2166 @ Aug 26 2010, 06:37 AM)
Although what would create the lives of our mindless single-celled ancestors?

Lightning and long complex volatile chemical reactions.

(The electricity provided by lightning starts it all, really. Though i'm not sure of the full nature of the theory.)

#68 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:56 PM

I've always felt that God is the force that pushes this stuff in motion, to be honest. Some people don't, but hey, that's just another way of looking at it.
user posted image

#69 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:08 PM

I like the way this topic just sort of petered out into nothingness...

So w00t gave up trying to argue without evidence I guess...
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#70 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:dingleberries

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Seraphinox @ Sep 2 2010, 03:08 PM)
I like the way this topic just sort of petered out into nothingness...

So w00t gave up trying to argue without evidence I guess...

exactly. He got roflstomped and he knows it.
user posted image

#71 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:21 PM

...Where'd he go?
user posted image

#72 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:26 PM

No idea, but it's no great loss.

#73 squirrelhero

squirrelhero

Flame King

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Anime&amp;Manga, Japanese stuff, Fire Emblem, Hacking a bit, teh lulz

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:52 PM

Don't know if someone has posted this. When I first sawthis it knida blew my mind and made me think. This is still a very interesting watch even if you aren't a God fanatic.
user posted image
Yeah, it's legit.
user posted image

#74 Angel OF Death

Angel OF Death

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:16 PM

this topic was created to see what are the members belive in and it looks like everyone is trying to prouve that he is right no just give his oppinion.anyway here is what i think as a muslim.
GOD told to the Angels :
- i'll create in the earth a successor.
they said: - will you make who do bad things in the earth?and we are pray for you.
he said: I know what you don't know.
then the GOD create the first human 'Adam' and he taught him the names and he told to the Angels to say the names .they said that they don't know.
Then GOD told to Adam to say the names and he said them all.and the GOD said to angels :didn't i told you that i know what you don't know.i think this means that humans have got good memory.
after that,GOD told to Angels to prostrate to Adam so they did it but Satan didn't prostrate and he was one of the Infidels(atheist).after that GOD told to Adam and Eve(????) (the first woman that has been created):
- live in the heaven and eat what you want but don't thouch that tree. but Satan keep trying to make them eat from the tree until they did.after that GOD told to humans to go down to the earth to live on it until the last day.
GOD forgave humans and send them to the earth and told them that he'll send them someone to show them the right way to heaven. maybe"someone" are the prophets.
maybe you guys won't undestand what i said because i'm bad at english but in general.
GOD does exist,he is the first and the last. for those who said "Who create GOD ?" humans always use their logic . let us not use our logic about this and you'll find that this can be happen .i mean after all, even all these things that humans knew.GOD know more than us.
for some people: I am a muslim and i never heard that who is not a muslim should die.next time read the Quran before you talk about it.
that is my opinnion as a muslim.
Note:sorry if i didn't spell a word correctly.
I'm not good at english sorry if i mess or miss spelling
user posted image
user posted image

#75 Nils

Nils

Makes poems so bad you will cry.....out of pity xD

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Playing the guitar<br>Listening to Music (Rock, some jazz and a little bit of classical music)<br>Fire Emblem (Of course)<br>Video games in general (mostly FPS and RPG)<br>Reading<br>Cooking<br>Flying (Piloting)<br>Archery

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:25 AM

I have my beliefs. God exists but I really don't know how to describe him. I believe in him. That's all.
Hey everyone! If you're a KH or FF fan, please come to Castle Oblivion to discuss things about them!

Its a bit late now since the forum is practically dead. I almost keep this sig PURELY for sentimental value xD

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users