Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Event Assembler Help

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 _Berserker_

_Berserker_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

Hi, Im new to this website. I have been playing fire emblem games for quite a while now and decided I should try to hack one. My problem right now is the event assembler.
My code for the Event assembler. I'm trying to load Lyn into a custom map at a specific point on the map however, it wont work properly.

#define DISABLE_TUTORIALS
#include EAstdlib.event

EventPointerTable(0x06,Pointers)

ORG 0xD80000
Pointers:
POIN Turn_events
POIN Character_events
POIN Location_events
POIN Misc_events
POIN BallistaData BallistaData
POIN Bad Bad Bad Bad
POIN Good Good Good Good
POIN Opening_event Ending_event

Bad:
UNIT

Good:
UNIT Lyn_t LynLord 0x00 Level(1,Ally,False) [03,10] [03,10]

[IronSword,Vulnerary] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]
UNIT

Turn_events:
TurnEventPlayer(0x00,Opening_event,01)
TURN

Character_events:
CHAR

Location_events:
LOCA

Misc_events:
CauseGameOverIfLordDies
AFEV

Opening_event:
LOU1 Good
ENUN
ENDA

Ending_event:
MNCH 0x0F
ENDA

BallistaData:
BLST
ALIGN 4

#2 Aura Wolf

Aura Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

Lyn's data needs to be on one line.
CODE
Good:
UNIT Lyn_t LynLord 0x00 Level(1,Ally,False) [03,10] [03,10] [IronSword,Vulnerary] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]
UNIT

Also, you should replace MNCH 0x0F with
CODE
MoveToChapter(0x0F) //I'd recommend making your own definitions file and defining 0x0F as a chapter~

user posted image

#3 _Berserker_

_Berserker_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (Aura Wolf @ Apr 21 2012, 11:57 AM)
Lyn's data needs to be on one line.
CODE
Good:
UNIT Lyn_t LynLord 0x00 Level(1,Ally,False) [03,10] [03,10] [IronSword,Vulnerary] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]
UNIT

Also, you should replace MNCH 0x0F with
CODE
MoveToChapter(0x0F) //I'd recommend making your own definitions file and defining 0x0F as a chapter~

Thanks for your reply. Okay I got that to work and then also fixed the black screen starting fix with the OOBB command. I'm trying to learn this all from watching arch's tutorials on YouTube and The Ultimate Tutorials 1&2 from Blazer. So my next question is for offsets do I have to use free space or can i just write over the previous game chapters and edit them?Also you mentioned creating your own definitions and defining them with their Name + Hex ID. Do I just add # name of the file containing the definitions to my chapter events and place that in the same folder or is it something else? Next , I have FEditor Adv to text manipulation ,but i just cant figure out how it works. The tutorial doesn't explain what each index value is ,where to save the pictures, or how to upload/create new portraits. I know this is a lot of questions but if you can answer even one it would be very helpful.

Thanks again guys

#4 Aura Wolf

Aura Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Well, you can write them anywhere, but it's a better idea to write it in any of the free space since (Note that this is an assumption) the events us hackers make are bigger than the original game's.

I'm assuming for your second question you're asking how to use your custom definitions.
So, you have your file with crap like:
CODE
//Enemies
#define GenericEnemy 0x76

//Chapters
#define Chapter_1 0x0F

After that, give the definitions file a name if you haven't already. Copy the name and put #include in your events by this area:
CODE
#include EAstdlib.event

After the #include you made, paste the name of the definitions file and put .txt after it if it doesn't already. So it should look something like this:
CODE
#include EAstdlib.event
#include MyDefinitions.txt

For the FEditor questions:
1. The index values are basically the..."slots" for convos. You don't need to know where they are in the ROM iirc (As in, what offset they're at).
2. I'm assuming "pictures" = "sprites"? You just insert the sprites over the game's.
3. All you need to do to create one is follow a certain format the game follows. If you don't know what it is, dump one of the original portraits somewhere and follow that.
(Veterans, feel free to correct me on anything tongue.gif)
user posted image

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

It looks like Aura Wolf has the help down pat so I just want to say that I moved the topic to the appropriate forum ("Fire Emblem Editing"). Please post all future hacking questions there. Thanks. smile.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 _Berserker_

_Berserker_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

Okay Got It Blazer.

Aura - Added those two things plus 2 enemy units since I couldn't get the "Bad Units" to work properly.

#include EAstdlib.event

ORG 0xD80000
Pointers:
POIN Turn_events
POIN Character_events
POIN Location_events
POIN Misc_events
POIN Bad Bad Bad Bad
POIN Good Good Good Good

Bad:<<< I tried to edit this but it said bad not found in scope
UNIT

UNIT
Good:
UNIT Lyn_t 0x11 0x00 Level(5,Ally,False) [05,10] [05,10] [IronSword,Vulnerary,Elixir,0x00] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]
UNIT Hector 0x3B 0x00 Level(5,Ally,False) [06,10] [06,10] [IronAxe,Vulnerary,Speedwings,0x00] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]
UNIT Batta Brigand 0x00 Level(5,Enemy,False) [04,04] [04,04] [IronAxe,Vulnerary,Speedwings,0x00] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]
UNIT Eliwood Soldier 0x00 Level(5,Enemy,False) [05,04] [05,04] [IronAxe,Vulnerary,Speedwings,0x00] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]
UNIT

Turn_events:
Turn 0x00 Opening_event [01,00] 0x0 0x00
TURN

Character_events:
CHAR

Location_events:
House(0x05,House1,5,4)
Chest(Vulnerary,13,4)
LOCA

Misc_events:
CauseGameOverIfLordDies
AFEV

Opening_event:
LOU1 Good
OOBB
ENUN
ENDA

House1:<<<copied the info from the tutorial but I'm not sure if i can just use these values or do I have to edit them too in feditor adv.
FADI 10
BACG 0X02
FADU 10
TEX1 0X0810
REMA
WEA1 0X04
ENDA

Ending_event:
MNCH 0x01
ENDA

BallistaData:
BLST
ALIGN 4

MESSAGE Events end at offset currentOffset
//The map for this chapter is at offset: DA0000

#7 Aura Wolf

Aura Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

UNIT

UNIT

Get rid of the bottom UNIT.
Now, for the chest and house problem. Did you count correctly? 0,0 is the nw corner of the map.
Also, there are bits that you can use a macro. Like this:
CODE
[0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]
Lyn_t 0x11
Hector 0x3B

can be:
CODE
NoAI
Lyn_t Swordmaster_F
Hector Berserker

Heck, teh Lyn_t and Hector can be a different macro as well.
user posted image

#8 _Berserker_

_Berserker_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (Aura Wolf @ Apr 21 2012, 07:16 PM)
UNIT

UNIT

Get rid of the bottom UNIT.
Now, for the chest and house problem. Did you count correctly? 0,0 is the nw corner of the map.

Fixed the UNIT part.

Finished.
Original ending offset is 13239684 and the new ending offset is CURRENTOFFSET
Original ending offset is 13239772 and the new ending offset is CURRENTOFFSET
Original ending offset is 13240160 and the new ending offset is CURRENTOFFSET
Original ending offset is 13267369 and the new ending offset is CURRENTOFFSET
Original ending offset is 13267723 and the new ending offset is CURRENTOFFSET
Original ending offset is 13268208 and the new ending offset is CURRENTOFFSET
Original ending offset is 13269502 and the new ending offset is CURRENTOFFSET
Original ending offset is 13269536 and the new ending offset is CURRENTOFFSET
Original ending offset is 13269968 and the new ending offset is CURRENTOFFSET
Original ending offset is 13270092 and the new ending offset is CURRENTOFFSET
Original ending offset is 13270272 and the new ending offset is CURRENTOFFSET
Original ending offset is 13271820 and the new ending offset is CURRENTOFFSET
Original ending offset is 13392800 and the new ending offset is CURRENTOFFSET

No errors or warnings.
Please continue being awesome.

I get that in Event Assembler report.

#9 Aura Wolf

Aura Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

....And this is where you'll need someone with higher EA knowledge to help ya there XD
EDIT: However, I'll try to help with the confusion in the shoutbox.
Yeah, it's his hex id.
So you know Nightmare, where Marcus has the hex id 0x1A, right? If, for example, I were to have some character called George occupy that slot, you don't have to use the macro Marcus. Instead, you could use George after defining it.
CODE
#define George 0x1A

One slot doesn't have to be for just one character; a slot can be for generics. However, if you wanted some generics to have +1 spd and some to have +1 def, you'd have to use two slots.
user posted image

#10 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:02 AM

Is the problem the same? The output you gave is normal; thus the codes were written correctly, you just didn't write the correct codes. In other words, the program can process what you scripted, but the output still isn't what you intended it to be, if you have some problem.

I need more details on the problem itself though; what happens, when exactly does it happen, etc.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#11 _Berserker_

_Berserker_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

Okay, I got home earlier and started to mess around with it. I'm currently trying to get the Seize command and DefeatBoss commands to work properly.<<< Not Happening
What I noticed is when I kill the Boss instead the game hangs and the cursor disappears. I made a definition list also but haven't added much to it yet.
I was wondering about whether the code for all the chapter is in one file or is it a bunch of files that you have to assemble to the same rom before playing.

My process in getting to the first chapter after the prologue was inserting a map made by mappy into the game using mar inserter. Then I changed the value of the reference table from w.e it was to where I stored the map (da0000). Next I changed the tile set schemes or I'm not sure what they are called. Then i changed the Codes for where the events for the prologues were stored in the references + the chapter 1 map. Lastly, I added a new Chapter 1 events part to my existing prologues text file. Changed the 0x06 to 0x09 + the offset to 0xD80040 for events and changed that in nightmare as well. Leading me to this simple yet bizarre situation. No error comes up in Event assembler but the game like I said hangs.

Image: Lyn is frozen, Berserker is not. However, I have no control anything.

I added both the Prologue Code+Chapter 1 Code here:

#include EAstdlib.event
#include Definitions.txt

ORG 0xD80000
Pointers:
POIN Turn_events
POIN Character_events
POIN Location_events
POIN Misc_events
POIN Bad Bad Bad Bad
POIN Good Good Good Good

Bad:
UNIT

Good:
UNIT Lyn_t 0x11 0x00 Level(5,Ally,False) [05,10] [05,10] [IronSword,Vulnerary,Elixir,ChestKey] [NOAI]
UNIT Hector 0x3B 0x00 Level(5,Ally,False) [06,10] [06,10] [IronAxe,Vulnerary,Speedwings] [NOAI]
UNIT Batta Brigand 0x00 Level(5,Enemy,False) [04,04] [04,04] [IronAxe,Vulnerary,Speedwings] [NOAI]
UNIT Eliwood Soldier 0x00 Level(5,Enemy,False) [05,04] [05,04] [IronAxe,Vulnerary,Speedwings] [NOAI]
UNIT

Turn_events:
//Turn 0x00 Opening_event [01,00] 0x0 0x00
TurnEventPlayer(0x00,Opening_event,1)
TURN

Character_events:
CHAR

Location_events:
Chest(Vulnerary,13,4)
LOCA

Misc_events:
CauseGameOverIfLordDies
DefeatBoss(0x01)
AFEV

Opening_event:
LOU1 Good
OOBB
ENUN
ENDA

Ending_event:
MNCH 0x01
ENDA

BallistaData:
BLST
ALIGN 4

//The map for this chapter is at offset: DA0090

#include EAstdlib.event
//#include Definitions.txt
EventPointerTable(0x09,Pointers)

ORG 0xD80040
Pointers:
POIN Turn_events
POIN Character_events
POIN Location_events
POIN Misc_events
POIN Bad Bad Bad Bad
POIN Good Good Good Good

Bad:
UNIT

Good:
UNIT Lyn_t 0x11 0x00 Level(5,Ally,False) [04,05] [04,05] [IronSword,Vulnerary,Elixir,ChestKey] [NOAI]
UNIT

Turn_events:
//Turn 0x00 Opening_event [01,00] 0x0 0x00
TurnEventPlayer(0x00,Opening_event,1)
TURN

Character_events:
CHAR

Location_events:
Chest(Vulnerary,13,4)
LOCA

Misc_events:
CauseGameOverIfLordDies
DefeatBoss(0x03)
AFEV

Opening_event:
LOU1 Good
OOBB
ENUN
ENDA

Ending_event:
MNCH 0x01
ENDA

BallistaData:
BLST
ALIGN 4

//The map for this chapter is at offset: DA0000

#12 _Berserker_

_Berserker_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

user posted image

Right Click and chose open in new tab to view.

#13 Aura Wolf

Aura Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

DefeatBoss(0x01)

Change this to:
CODE
DefeatBoss(Ending_event) //The "() is where you put the pointer to the ending event.

Next I changed the tile set schemes

In which module? If it's the Chapter Data editor, you're fine, but if it's the Event References.... ._.
Changed the 0x06 to 0x09

Did you change this in the Chapter Data editor for that chapter?
user posted image

#14 _Berserker_

_Berserker_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

Wait. I tried doing that with the pointer at first but it wouldn't let me. Kept giving me errors.
Yea, the tile set was changed in the chapter editor, the event references table doesn't have that option anyway. For the part with 0x06 to 0x09 I changed that in the chapter 1 events folder + the offset. Then I went into the refaces table and under chapter 1 events I used the same offset. And yes for the data editor I made sure I optioned the part at the top and chose chapter 1 : there I changed the scheme but I didn't see an option to change the refences unless you meant event references chapter 1. That was already there so I left it alone.

#15 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

your main problem here, is that you don't seem to understand how data works.

You're inserting data at 0xD80000 for the prologue. Right after, you're inserting data at 0xD80040. That's hardly ANY space for events.

In other words, the chapter 1 events are overwriting/replacing the prologue events. This is because you didn't give enough space in between them. Thus you have to ask yourself "how much space do I need?". What I usually do here is finish writing the first chapter events, and then give myself a bunch of extra space in case I need it later.

Here's what you should do:

1) Download a hex editor if you haven't already. HxD is my preferred one and the one I can help you with.
2) Drag your ROM into the hex editor or use Ctrl+O to load the ROM.
3) Go to your first events' starting offset. In this case, yours is "0xD80000". You should see a bunch of data, but you won't know what it means, most likely. I used to do events in a hex editor so I do
4) Scroll down until you see a bunch of "00's". Not just a few, like 4 or 8, but like, 20 or 30. That's what you SHOULD see if the space you're using is free space; if you never see 00's even after a long time of scrolling, then you've screwed up on a much larger scale.
5) When you see a large bunch of 00's, the events have ended. -for now-. The thing is, you'll want to add more stuff to it later. Thus what you should do is approximate how much space you might ever need, and then some, and make up a new offset to insert your new set of events at. Thus when you insert chapter 1 events, they'll be so far away from the Prologue events that you should never have to worry about one of them overwriting the other.

e.g. if my events end at

0xD81000 (you can see this offset at the bottom of the hex editor or to the left of the hex editor, btw, IIRC)

I'd give myself until maybe 0xD81500 before I start the next one.

Granted in YOUR chapter you've only just started the basics, right? Like I don't see any enemy units and I only see the bare-bones of other events. So I'd give yourself maybe double or even more space depending on what you have planned--and usually giving yourself extra doesn't hurt because you can always juts add more space to the ROM if you need it. You're VERY unlikely to EVER run out of space, or get even close.

So hypothetically (you have to do this process on your own; I'm just making this up as I go) we're giving until about 0xD81500 for your prologue events. Thus your chapter 1 events should start at 0xD81500. How do you apply this? Change the second offset from 0xD80040 (which is hardly ANY space) to 0xD81500. Then continue.

Also I have this feeling that I should make a -video- walkthrough since even if you're following Arch's tutorial or my tutorial, it's still hard to follow, and even now when you're explaining stuff, I hardly have any idea what you're talking about, so yeah... >_<

EDIT: Just so you know the line you have to change is this:

CODE
ORG 0xD80040

Furthermore, whenever using free space, whether it's for events, graphic editing, miscellaneous data, or anything else, ALWAYS check to see if something is there and how much space there is. One great way to cause glitches or lose data is to insert over things you're not supposed to. If you think you're going to forget offsets, write them down! I have plenty of doc on what offsets I've used, and I've even dedicated entire sections to various things, such as entire sections of the ROM for graphics, music, events, etc... This is just like, uh, good "hacking ettiquette" I guess, all it really does is help you and prevent yourself from breaking your game past repair (or to the point where it gets really annoying to fix, at least). Note that I've *NEVER* had to restart a hack from scratch because I've always either prevented those crazy glitches OR I've managed to fix them because I know where my data is and when I go to the ROM in a hex editor I'm not clueless about what's going on. NUPS' "get patch data" feature and a little ASM knowledge also help

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#16 _Berserker_

_Berserker_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Yea I understood everything you said. I am not that dumb lol. I only watched the tutorial vids like 8 times yesterday. Anyway, I'm gonna try that with the more space for events. I was just doing this one as a test so nothing major and assumed that a little space would be enough.i also have to change the chapter 1 events Reference table I'd to the new offset right? Also, do I assemble twice? First the prologue events, then chapter 1 events or just once?

#17 _Berserker_

_Berserker_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Omg your a genius. -praise- it worked. Thank you!!! Now how do I use the Bad or create enemy units?

#18 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

uh the prologue events and chapter 1 events *SHOULD* be in different files. it's best to do thigns this way for organization sake and whatnot. in fact, every chapter should have its own separate .txt file. Then you assemble each one individually (but usually you're only working on one chapter at a time anyway so it's not a big deal).

In order to make enemy units, you insert them just like you did allied units, but under the "Bad" category.

"UNIT" by itself loads a blank unit, it's a separator. it means "this is the end of the unit list". Since all you have is

Bad:
UNIT

It says

"load the bad unit list"
"end the bad unit list"

with nothing in between, which is why there aren't any enemies.

So add UNIT codes to make enemies.

e.g.

CODE
UNIT Lyn_t 0x11 0x00 Level(5,Ally,False) [05,10] [05,10] [IronSword,Vulnerary,Elixir,ChestKey] [NOAI]

However you don't want to load characters like "Lyn", you're just going to load a bunch of generic bad guys. As for which character hex they have, pick a generic enemy unit from the Character Editor Nightmare module, and edit that guy as you like, then just use him a bunch of times. For the prologue you may want to use like, enemy 0x88. Be sure to change the levels, allegiances, starting locations, and inventory as well. Enemies also need more AI than allies--if you want them to attack within range or stay where they are without moving, you have to tell them to with the appropriate AI codes, which you can look up somewhere (I think some tutorial has them, probably Arch's).

here's an example from chapter 24 of my hack:

EnemyUnitsENM:
UNIT 0x3D 0xD 0x0 0x74 [0,1] [0,1] [0x90,0x4,0x63,0x0] [0x3,0x3,0x9,0x20]
UNIT 0xC3 0x30 0x0 0x2D [21,10] [21,10] [0x30,0x33,0x0,0x0] [0x0,0x3,0x9,0x0]
UNIT 0xC3 0x26 0x0 0x2D [6,15] [6,15] [0x45,0x46,0x0,0x0] [0x0,0x3,0x9,0x0]
UNIT 0x12 0x26 0x0 0x42 [16,18] [16,18] [0x48,0x47,0x6C,0x0] [0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0]

UNIT 0x3D = the boss. THe boss is also an enemy. He's usually at the beginning or end of the list.

UNIT 0xC3 are generic enemies. I just use the same character ID since they are generic, and then change the class, co-ordinates, level, etc., for each one. It takes a while but you should think through them--how strong they are, where they are, what weapons they have, and how they move (AI) are what make the game hard or easy or annoying! It's the gameplay! The challenge! ohmy.gif

The last unit there, UNIT 0x12, is an NPC. Include NPC's in the enemy list, usually. Note that depending on how the chapter works you may want to include them separately instead of loading them with the bad guys. Usually though, if battle preparations are on and an NPC starts on the map on turn 1, you put them in the enemy unit list.

Hopefully that explains enough!

And I know you're not dumb, I'm just trying to be thorough! And watching a vid 8 times is a lot, though I do appreciate that you're putting forth a lot of effort on your own! ohmy.gif

EDIT: though really, I didn't even really know there was a video event tutorial... I guess I don't have to make one now tongue.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#19 _Berserker_

_Berserker_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

Okay gotcha. The last one is NPC because you didn't give it any AI? How do I load the units like I know LOU1 is a method to load units but when i tried loading LOU1 BAD i get the error that BAD is not in scope. You should make a tutorial though because the events one is outdated by 3-4 years now. Its hard to follow when minor things are changed. I think it would help to include common errors made and how to fix them as well. For example My screen would go black at the start. I didn't know you could fix this with just OOBB command or w.e it was. It was game changing for me lol.

#20 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

You have to keep capitalizaiton in mind

it's called "Bad" not "bad" or "BAD", so you have to load it as such.

also my tutorial can't be 3-4 years outdated, the program wasn't even out that long, and my tutorial is only like a year old lol

and it's an NPC because of the 4th byte, which you can use a macro for:

CODE
Level(5,NPC,False)

which means "set this person to level 5, an NPC, withOUT autoleveling" ("False"=no autoleveling)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users