Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Pegasus Knights or Wyvern Knights?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Interests:Brunettes<br>Being awesome<br>Meat products

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:36 AM

So, yeah, which of these two flying units do you most often use?

And I mean post Fe3, obviously.

Personally, I will always prefer the Wyvern class series over the Pegasus. For one, Wyvern classes are flying tanks and don't have to fear much from arrows (they aren't even weak to arrows in Fe10), and their weapon selection is pretty good (Lances/Swords in most and Axes/Lances in Fe10). They may have crappy Res, but in any game that isn't Fe4 or very late Fe10, that doesn't really matter.

Imo, Pegasus Knight usefulness is very situational (eg, HHM Cog of Destiny, rescuing Pent in Living Legend if you didn't train Heath), whereas Wyverns can be useful in nearly every map.

Plus, Haar is an absolute monster.

So, opinions? Ready, go!
user posted image

#2 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts
  • Location:On your mom's bed. Under the covers with your mom. Showing off. My glow in the dark watch.

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:47 AM

Pegasus knights are usually an absolute bitch to raise, where as Wyvern rider is easy to train, they excel in stats that doesn't make you rely on the RNG each time, and you don't have to worry about them constantly being killed. A great example is in FE6 where you're given Thany and Miledy. Thany is a complete bitch to raise, and mostly ends up relying on RNG each battle. While Miledy, after she has gotten to about level 15, you don't have to baby her, and she becomes a complete tank, fearless of all bows( with the occasional exception of a silver bow.)
user posted image

I won't remove this until I have gotten an overkill extermination in Halo MLG.-started August 13, 2010, 8-13-2010 Got it on December 18, 2010! WOOT!
I won't remove this until I get a killtacular in Halo MLG- Started December 29, 2010.
Bloodfalcon22-pokemanzz cnt dye
FELover3- If I beat the shit out of them they do

Rujio -- Cows are more important than anything.
Rujio -- ANYTHING

Blood Falcon -- Hey bblues, are you able to ban the GoogleBot?
bblues -- I don't think so.
Blood Falcon -- Damn, lol.
bblues -- He's above the law : P

QUOTE (Grey_Tensho @ March 10, 2010 04:07 pm)
Bloodfalcon is as crazy over copyright as youtube is lol.

#3 Green

Green

hello world this be luka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:16 PM

Depends on the game really

Example, PK suck in FE6, rock in 7
WK suck in FE7, rock in 6.

PK arent bad in FE8 either... but in that game, they have that Hybrid wyvern thingy that is like a falcon knight but faster.

IMO Peg knights 'cause they usually have a joining time advantage. They also usually excel in most stats(save str and def) and don't crumble as easily to magic and bows as Wyverns do. Wyverns get hit by everything, peg knights dodge once in a while

#4 GyppyGirl2021

GyppyGirl2021

Urist Stukosbomrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

I personally prefer pegasus knights due to bias reasons, but I do use wyvern riders every so often.

Urist Stukosbomrek, Herbalist cancels Drink: Interrupted by Hype.

Urist Stukosbomrek has gone stark raving mad!

#5 Anti-Hero SKK

Anti-Hero SKK

Since when!?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:03 AM

I prefer Pegasus Knights that are resistant to magic than the powerful Wyvern Knights.
user posted image

#6 boney

boney

noob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:25 AM

I just like the dragon knights better because the falcoknight animation is slow as
piss in comparison. It's supposed to be fast <<

#7 -IDK-

-IDK-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:56 AM

It kinda depends on the game FE6 i pick my wyverns every time, while in seven I'll rock my flying ponys, while with eight I use Wyverns since I turn Tana into a wyvern knight. Plus the power the wyverns have makes me like them more they seem more reliable in the long run since even if they do get hit by magic they usually got the health to back up the hit.
So I would have to say I'd use my flying Tanks more often since they dont have to worry as much with things like axes since thier def is usually solid enough

#8 RougeofSacae

RougeofSacae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:41 AM

I prefer peg knights in most games, but in six they really sucked. Pegs in my opinion are slightly better because they dodge way more than wyverns

#9 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:44 AM

Yeah, but there are plenty of wyverns out there who A: dodge plenty often and B: don't care if they get hit. Even if a peg is only facing a 10% chance of being hit vs. a wyv's 55% chance, the peg is the only one capable of dieing at all until you reach a ridiculous number of hits.

Of course, this is only true for some wyverns. Others don't have the concrete durability or the avoid, at least for a while.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#10 Akeiron

Akeiron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Location:If you head north, then west, then south, then east twice, then north again, you'll be somewhere far, far away from my place
  • Interests:Swords. Basically.<br>Also videogames, Manga, anime and that sorta thing.<br>Oh, and to write insanely large posts.<br>From videogames, I accept almost any game except the 1st person shooters (or however they're called) and similar, cars games, creepy games and such. I especiallize on RPGs and &quot;tactics&quot; type games, though (with &quot;tactics&quot; type I mean like Final Fnatasy Tactics or FE saga itself).

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:52 AM

AS many have said, it ultimately depends on the game. I'm going to talk about GBA games because I haven't finished the SNES ones and haven't played FE9 nor 10.
Wyvern's def is highly overrated. Their defense is as high as a defensive Berserker. That'd be around 20. That's no tank. Wyverns have higher def and HP, but only HP is really dependable.
As for speed, Wyverns have the LOWEST speed max of all classes, even lower than Generals (Except FE6's generals, but the difference is of 1 point or so, anyway). And their luck is also low. And their con is high, yes, but the only lances they'll usually be able of using without losing more AS are Iron, Slim, Silver and Killer.

PegK, though, have excellent speed ALWAYS. I repeat, ALWAYS. They have a very high speed max and the only Peg Knight that don't max speed on average/promedium/However you wanna call the stats they should have at a determined level according to their growths are Farina (being all other stats close to perfect, having practically as much defense as Heath), Yuno (everone knows what she's worth) and Syrene (best magician-killer of FE8, though). Also, their luck is usually very high, or at least high enoguh to have an excellent avoid. And, even if they were not to avoid, aginst magicians, the damage will be almost 0. And against physical units, Wyverns are better, but the difference isn't that great. After all, PegK will almost always, if not always, double. That compensates the power difference. PegK will avoid almost all hits. Wyverns will recieve around 50% of all hits, for a not so great difference of damage. No "ridiculous" amount of hits needed, specially if against bows. After all, the damage is NOT what's multiplyied, but the bow's power. So, an archer with 0 STR and a Silver Bow against a level 20/20 Normal Mode Milady will deal, on average/promedium/etc., 6 of damage per hit. Leaving aside the interesting fact that against a normal mode, level 20/20 Heath it'd deal 7 of damage and against a level 20/20 Farina it'd deal 8 of damage, a low avoid pegasus, such as Fiora or a normal mode Tate, would recieve 12~13 of damage with a 15% lower chance of being hit. And I'm talking about the low-avoid pegK.

I'll say another thing: Against each other's worst nightmare (PegK - Sniper; Wyvern - FemSage (specially if Aircalibur is used, FE6)), Wyverns have the highest chance of dying. Because both enemies need to deal more or less the same amount of hits but PegK have a much lower chance of being hit. And also, in FE8, many random monster enemies appear with "Dragonslayer" type weapons. Guess to what class they are effective.

In the end, though, it ultimately depends on the game. So, in FE6 the Wyverns are all very powerful (specially on Hard mode) and the PegK are actually quite bad. In Fe7, all three PegK are very good and powerful while Heath is quite good but has little use and Vaida on HHM is usable, but still not good enough. And in FE8, considering "PegK" as those that start with that job, actually Tana is great, Vanessa is very good and Syrene is one of the best GBA Prepromoted units. Cormag is the only wyvern and he's just like his class pals from the other GBA FEs.
I'm spanish, so if my English is somewhat hard to understand, please tell me so and why. I commit many mistakes in my written English, or so I've been told in other sites...

#11 Falaflame

Falaflame

Confronting the past

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  • Interests:Nothing much beyond your typical gamer.

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:17 AM

Depends.

FE6: Wyverns
FE7: Pegs
FE8: Wyverns
FE9: Pegs
FE10: Wyverns

Fighting the ghosts of my past. I'd rather not remember who I once used to be..

#12 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

wyvern knights are stronger and aren't super hard to raise

end of story for me

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#13 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

I honestly have no preference. Obviously, yeah, wyvern knights are stronger, but I feel like both are great.

@Wyvern fans: Triangle attack ftw.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#14 Fitz24

Fitz24

The man, the myth, the Fitz.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:03 PM

FE6 - Miledy > Thany
FE7 - Heath > Florina
FE8 - Cormag > Vanessa
FE9 - Haar > Marcia
FE10 - Haar > Anyone else in the game
FE11 - Minerva > Sheeda

So yeah, Wyvern Knights are better. End of story.
user posted image

Check out my Let's Plays!
http://www.youtube.c...tz?feature=mhum

Leif is the greatest character ever.

#15 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (Fitz24 @ Jan 18 2011, 03:03 PM)
FE6 - Miledy > Thany
FE7 - Heath > Florina
FE8 - Cormag > Vanessa
FE9 - Haar > Marcia
FE10 - Haar > Anyone else in the game
FE11 - Minerva > Sheeda

So yeah, Wyvern Knights are better. End of story.

@bolded: Are you serious? Florina can compare to Heath in combat by the time he joins very, very, very easily, and has been helping us for a while once he joins.

Cormag vs. Vanessa is arguable. Vanessa's better for max efficiency, but for your average player Cormag beats the crap out of her.

Haar is not special at all when he joins while Marcia is flying and fighting for a LONG time before he joins. Now, JILL is better than Marcia.

No. Sheeda is arguable the best unit in the entire game on H5, and on normal she only drops all the way to being in the top 10. Minerva? She's good, but she doesn't have the wing spear. Sheeda can fly all over everywhere and one shot all sorts of stuff.

Oh, and let's look at FE12 now.... Palla and Catria are easily the two best units in the game (which one is best depends on difficulty) and Sheeda's still great. The drackos are good (well, one has garbage LUK, so he isn't so great on higher difficulties...) but nowhere near the pegs' level of awesomeness.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#16 Swordsalmon

Swordsalmon

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:02 AM

You really can't argue much on a per-class basis, instead being per-character. In the case of FE1 and Book 2, Pegs already promote into Dragon Masters anyways, and Book 2 Paola is the best flier in the series. Anyways...

FE4: Fury>No competition; Altenna>Femina
FE5: Karin>Dean>Misha>Eda
FE6: Miledy>Thany>Tate>Zeiss>Yunno
FE7: Florina>Fiora>Vaida>Heath>Farina
FE8: Vanessa>Cormag/Tana (Route Dependant)>Syrene
FE9: Tanith>Jill>Marcia>Haar>Elincia

It's not very fair to compare Altenna and Femina, especially considering Fee with a decent father (Such as Claude), will easily outclass Altenna. Dean is amazing when flying, but mediocre dismounted.

Also, Wyvern Riders that are bad are really bad. Eda and Heath are just about unusuable, Cormag is mediocre half the time (Eirika's route), and Haar... well, he's good filler, at least. :/ Only Dean, Miledy, and Jill are ones you'd seriously want to use regularly.

Also, FE7 Peg Knights aren't amazing by any means. Sure, Florina is nice... but Fiora is average at best, and Farina is a detriment.

#17 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:19 AM

You forgot one.

Fe10: Haar > Jill > all Pegs (because they SUCK)
user posted image

#18 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (Swordsalmon @ Jan 19 2011, 08:02 PM)
Cormag is mediocre half the time (Eirika's route)

Insta-promote to Wyvern Knight and he's set to double just about everything in the game. Still a very solid unit.

And Vanessa's not any better than Cormag in a casual playthrough.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?

#19 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:29 AM

Oh right, forgot to mention.

Farina is actually a great unit if you choose to raise her. Obviously this would be done on a casual playthrough.

Average statwise, she'll max strength and come very close to maxing skill and speed. Plus she gets 19 Def and 22 Res. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

I mean, if you choose to recruit her, you might as well put that 10,000 gold (is it 10k? I don't remember exactly) to use.

But, eh...Heath is still better, imo >.>
user posted image

#20 Blazing_Soul

Blazing_Soul

Overlord

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:Girls........Fire Emblem........PS3.........Anime........Girls

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:08 AM

^20,000 Gold is correct.

I've just been fond of Pegasus Knights for the longest though I will say the main game where Wyvern Dragon Knights dominate is FE6. The Pegasus Knights there were just not that great stat wise.

Though by the time you get Heath to join in FE7 you can have 1 possibly 2 well trained Pegasus Knights ready to go.

In FE8 I say Cormag is pretty great. Comes at a good level the only Pegasus Knight that stands up to him is Syrene . Vanessa could but she seems so weak sometimes, and Tana shows up the chapter before Cormag on Ephriam's route like 5 or 7 levels behind him. Though Tana on Eirika's route she has a chance to pass Cormag level wise without tower abusing.

I'll finish my rant later with FE9 and FE10 going back to work now.
user posted image

Darkness is rising and the light is fading
prepare for a battle for a battle between
harmony and discord.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users