Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

The LoreKeeper's Tales

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Scrimsax

Scrimsax

The Skirmisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

So, in direct conflict to my "not going to be around much" post... I'm starting a few short stories in my free time. For now, I'll be uploading the "Chapters," though they are far too short to really earn that distinction, one by one, as I have time.

These stories take place in an as-of-yet unnamed world of my own creation, and mainly follow the adventurers of some unique and powerful beings throughout the land. The stories are told from the perspective of the Lorekeeper, who the first story introduces. The main goal here is to improve my writing, and to flesh out my world a little more.

SO without further ado, here is Chapter 1 of The Lorekeeper's Tales.

And of course, constructive criticism is always accepted.

Attached Files

• Attached File  545,546   4KB   0 downloads

Master Moogle. Kupo.

#2 Lancer

Lancer

Scrub

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Things not related to school. Except English and art. Possibly history as well.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

I find this interesting. So in the meanwhile, I'll leave a few pointers here just to help clear things out.

", you’re true reasons " -> your true reasons

"seemed oblivious too up to this point. " ->oblivious to

'Makes it easier to go about my life" -> You should add an It before the "Makes it easier" just for grammar sakes.

But yo, I see a lot of potential with this. It's pretty cool yo.

TLPMiniBanner.png

vkWfJfS.png

SUP

#3 Scrimsax

Scrimsax

The Skirmisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

Haha yeah, didn't really proof read it tongue.gif

When I have the time, I'll go through and upload an edited version.

Master Moogle. Kupo.

#4 Kuomo

Kuomo

CONGRAATUALTIONS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:MMORPG's, Fine Arts/Graphic Design, Fantasy/Thriller Novels, Anime/Manga, and food. Oh and Fire Emblem.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Sounds interesting and it's very well written with lots of details

Other than small grammatical errors, the plot sounds solid (you can't really go wrong with a storyteller or Lorekeeper in your case) and I'm sure you'll be able to deliver exhilarating tales of adventure in your land

I was thrown off a little by this though:
"She was beautiful by any standards. The old man had not felt any stirrings of that type in decades"

ummmmmmm

Other than that, really great and I'll be sure to keep tabs on this as you update!

#5 Scrimsax

Scrimsax

The Skirmisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Haha I was trying to emphasize that she was beautiful, but the Lorekeeper isn't really capable of that kind of thing anymore. I see what you're saying... I'll correct that in the next draft.

And I considered the Lorekeeper a great vehicle to tell short stories about the myriad people of the world and its workings.

Master Moogle. Kupo.

#6 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

I think you should read "The name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss (Might have spelled it wrong). If this plays out like I think it will then it could help you write your story. I want to read more before I tell you if I like it or not because me opinion of things changes very quickly. tongue.gif

P.S. Write faster I want if see if I'm right.
Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#7 Kuomo

Kuomo

CONGRAATUALTIONS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:MMORPG's, Fine Arts/Graphic Design, Fantasy/Thriller Novels, Anime/Manga, and food. Oh and Fire Emblem.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Snow @ Jan 28 2013, 12:46 PM)
I think you should read "The name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss (Might have spelled it wrong). If this plays out like I think it will then it could help you write your story. I want to read more before I tell you if I like it or not because me opinion of things changes very quickly. tongue.gif

P.S. Write faster I want o see if I'm right.

HOLY

THAT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS

I can definitely see scrim's story being similar biggrin.gif

#8 Scrimsax

Scrimsax

The Skirmisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Never heard of it, I'll look into it though.

Master Moogle. Kupo.

#9 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (Scrimsax @ Jan 28 2013, 01:02 PM)
Never heard of it, I'll look into it though.

Even if it doesn't help you should read it, I liked it a lot but I liked the sequel more. tongue.gif
Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#10 Scrimsax

Scrimsax

The Skirmisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

BUMP, edited the first post with a revised chapter 1 and an admittedly rough chapter 2... sorry it didn't have a lot of polish. This chapter goes over the early creation of the world, and then gives some depth to our characters and a little bit of info about the Lorekeepers powers.

Master Moogle. Kupo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users