Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

The NEW Post your Desktop thread...

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#281 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:45 AM

It's more okay when it comes to trading card games, because it's not like you actually see them in cutscenes talking to other characters and stuff.

Collabs refer to when the game decides to collaborate with another franchise and add characters from outside the canon into their game. Since almost all cards worth using in this game are obtained through premium resources, the goal of this is of course $$$ from those that are super hyped over whatever it is they are collaborating with. However, they almost never bother to actually make new artwork for the characters they are importing.

Compare:

Original characters

H5oovyv.jpg

Imported characters

N3iWhep.jpg

Sometimes they fit in fairly well, like in the case of the Trails of the Cold Steel collab, but in most cases...

Ahh... yeah. That makes sense. I'm pretty sure I know all 3 of those characters (last one is from Log Horizon, right? if so, then I def do lol)

I've only had one instance where my 4-3 PC resolution bit me, and that's with Stardew Valley. And even then, the game would be perfectly playable if there wasn't a HORRENDOUS cursor glitch that prevents the cursor from going any further right than what you see there. I can still play the game via window manipulation and my XBox 360 controller, but meh.

As for the TV, I do get by with it since the Wii U allows for use of the Wii A/V cables and still has compatibility with 4-3 screens. I still want to get a new widescreen though.

Also, check the nonsense forum for your pic.

ALSO! On topic:

http://i.imgur.com/LJ4GlXs.jpg

Decided I needed a change of pace, and remembered I had this image. I found it on dA somewhere. It combines three of my favorite things! SPACE! CATS! AND BLUE!! ignore my dumb tamagotchi simulator. I couldn't minimize it to make this pic lol.

that sounds like a pain

and I can't imagine playing HD games on a 4:3 screen anymore, but hey, you get by at least, and it's the cat's fault anyhow... XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#282 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:58 AM

that sounds like a pain

and I can't imagine playing HD games on a 4:3 screen anymore, but hey, you get by at least, and it's the cat's fault anyhow... XP

I'm just glad the wii u can use the wii's Audio/Video Cables. <<

It really does suck though. The images get really blurry. Not really noticable on all games, but it definitely is in smash.

IUfb9Eg.png

#283 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:16 PM

fair, don't think the other consoles do that? then again, it IS 2016. Nintendo's the weird one, here

:( sorry bud. I'd donate to the get-Blue-Leafeon-a-16:9-TV-fund if there was one, but only if something was done about that cat first... XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#284 Mig64

Mig64

The Flying Submarine of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:ERROR 404

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:29 AM

<Looks at all the great wallpapers left and right>

yay me

prv1Zii.png

#285 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:59 PM

LOL nice background

at least you got the games though. how is/was Pillar of Eternity? It's kind of on my wishlist of sorts (my list of games I want, rather), but I probably won't be getting it for a while, since lolBacklogs

Also Construct 2 and RPG Maker w00t w00t game dev ftw

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#286 Mig64

Mig64

The Flying Submarine of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:ERROR 404

Posted 27 May 2016 - 09:22 AM

LOL nice background

at least you got the games though. how is/was Pillar of Eternity? It's kind of on my wishlist of sorts (my list of games I want, rather), but I probably won't be getting it for a while, since lolBacklogs

Also Construct 2 and RPG Maker w00t w00t game dev ftw

Hell yeah, don't stare too long into the blackness, though, it may stare back at you.

Pillars of Eternity is pretty much one of those Baldur's Gate-like RPGs of old, only a lot prettier and with a better UI, which means it can be a very nice experience, I think you should try it, whenever you have the money/time. Loading takes a little longer than it should, though.

I did start a basic game design course not so long ago. Only finished the module for casual games so far.

#287 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:55 AM

Pillars of Eternity is pretty much one of those Baldur's Gate-like RPGs of old, only a lot prettier and with a better UI, which means it can be a very nice experience, I think you should try it, whenever you have the money/time. Loading takes a little longer than it should, though.

Just to add onto this - it's a game where you can pretty much write everything you'd want about the character.  It's very much about the "role playing" part of an RPG.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#288 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:43 AM

volunteerarmy.jpg

They told me I couldn't make it if I went F2P in a gacha game. They told me I'd have struggles saving up for who I want. They complained every week of power creep and game design for whales. I didn't listen.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#289 Solace

Solace

WEW LAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 04:07 PM

03d29cdf9b.jpg

Nothing too special, just a bunch of games.

tumblr_mof6qo3kgA1s5v7tdo1_500.gif

#290 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:34 PM

Chain Chronicle... I think I've seen that game on mobile? ugh. not sure. come on memory. >>'

@Solace hey, simple is nice. so many main stream games tho, lol. *silently judges you* :P

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#291 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:16 AM

Trying a couple different ones to the 999 wallpaper i still use

Spoiler

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#292 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:37 AM

Not my desktop but I just found out I can set screenshots as my homepage wallpapers on my PSVita.

2016-10-01-171551.jpg

2016-10-01-171548.jpg

I can probably do it with images from elsewhere too if I move it from my PC to my Vita, which I probably will do to refine these screenshots a bit so they don't have all the lack of anti-aliasing and stuff from the original image...meanwhile my 3DS is just stuck on the default theme (red) because I don't feel like paying for styles or whatever they were called. The latter is getting a bit dusty these days....

I have more games on this but I'm thinking of getting the wallpaper for the third page of my Vita from Trails of the Cold Steel II which I haven't really started playing yet.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#293 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:07 PM

...This hasn't been posted in since last year? Ehhh oh well. Posting anyway.

Spoiler

Spoiler'd because even though I use an outdated, teeny tiny screen size, it still feels like I'm posting overly huge images and breaking a rule somewhere.

IUfb9Eg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users