Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

New Years Resolutions?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:35 AM

Haha, sounds like you've got some social resolutions going for you, badkiara. btw, nice to see you drop by... tongue.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#42 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

Lose Weight.

This is a fairly common resolution among a lot of people, but this year I'm really going for it.

I'm going for it so much that I started training and dieting two weeks ago. Training an hour a day, 5 days a week along with cutting out all sugar, wheat, dairy and alcohol.

Basically I'm gonna be living a horribly boring life filled with green salads for the next x amount of months. But it's gonna be worth it!

That and try to read 50 books next year. I've really fallen behind on my ability to read since college
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#43 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

But it's gonna be worth it!

if you keep doing it for the rest of your life

sure.

(But seriously, I don't get why overweight? people have to be so...extreme on the food part. The most important thing isn't what you eat, but how much you eat, when it comes to weight loss...and keeping yourself away from sugar, dairy, and wheat is going to significantly reduce your energy sources for the exercise itself, which may actually have even worse consequences on your body. Then again I never had to do it personally before so what do I know.)

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#44 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

(But seriously, I don't get why overweight? people have to be so...extreme on the food part. The most important thing isn't what you eat, but how much you eat, when it comes to weight loss...and keeping yourself away from sugar, dairy, and wheat is going to significantly reduce your energy sources for the exercise itself, which may actually have even worse consequences on your body. Then again I never had to do it personally before so what do I know.)

I understand where you're coming from on the not eating certain foods =/= weight loss but not to worry, I have it all sorted out with a friend of mine who is a fitness trainer.

The aim of staying off these foods for the near future is in fact to improve my energy levels as at the moment they are quite low. Once they are at a higher level the wheat/dairy/sugar gets phased back into the diet slowly (things like yoghurt, wholegrain bread and the sort).

I'm not 'on a diet'. I've changed my diet.

Every 4 weeks I'll move up a training level as well, and this marks the end of week 2.

I know you have your doubts about the specifics, and I'm not really explaining it that well, but it all checks out.
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#45 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Tenebrae Candidae @ Dec 21 2013, 08:10 PM)
wheat

Look at what going gluten free did to Novak Djokovic though. It really does vary from person to person.

#46 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:51 AM

Are you saying... that I too can be a tennis champion by removing gluten from my diet?

See you in a year, Wimbledon
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#47 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

My New Years Resolution is 1080p
Posted Image

#48 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:03 AM

and I'm sitting here with my 144p.

Damn I feel foolish
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#49 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:04 AM

^ditto

240 actually but close enough

About dieting and physical training/health though, I have way more experience with that then I'd like to admit, it's tough but Seraph you can totally pull through and it's definitely worth it, getting in-shape and having nice control over your body is one of those feelings you can't buy and you can't make appear in an instant, it's something you work towards and it's all the more rewarding because of it. I need to get in better shape too, I'm a little bit over my ideal weight (though I recently lost a few pounds) and in general I haven't been exercising enough due to classes and other such--I've only hit the gym like, once this month, and I've made no effort to do running or other stuff... partly because of the weather, but partly because I've been sick and such, but yeah I gotta push myself to get better too

honestly one of the hardest parts is that you have no energy to exercise but you need to exercise to feel more energized... a paradox, which is why you just gotta use like, sheer willpower to push through. with dieting, I actually caved in today and ate 4 pieces of pizza despite having hardly bought pizza for several weeks now (I secretly snuck in some small slices here and there but I still cut down significantly). I also eat way too much sugar and probably too much wheat etc. too, I don't think I need to go gluten free but I should definitely lay off some of the foods I know aren't good for my body, as well as processed foods and such... tl;dr, I can definitely do better and not push my body to do what it does in poor health.

.... All the point of this being, not only do I relate to you Seraph, but I think I'm going to throw in a new years resolution of myself: stick under 160 pounds and stay in decent shape, as well as get stronger in general. If I want to succeed in school and in other places having energy is going to be key and it's something I lacked last semester, I usually felt tired and exhausted and it just sucked. It's going to be a pain because I honestly like eating to calm myself down now adays which is bad and totally wasn't how I was before--before, food was just to survive, now I do it for enjoyment, and that's what's made me a lazy, fat chump.

Also throw in some dieting there: pizza no more than once a week with only one exception per month (read: I used to eat pizza like 3 times a week so...). I'm quitting Chipotle for good, their food is nasty mainly because it's unsanitary so even if it can taste good I won't go back there unless it's extremely dire lol. And no buying a ton of junk food, and only one candy bar a day. There are times I literally buy 3 candy bars or some equivalent (e.g. M&M's, 3 Musketeers, and Twix, or something) and eat them throughout the day. Or eat 3-4 of those raw Subway cookies with 50g of sugar each, and I'm probably underexaggerating here. >_<

If my metabolism weren't high and my fat didn't go to my belly where it's mostly unnoticeable due to the clothes I wear, I'd be totally screwed, and I don't want to take that for granted by keeping it up until my health really hurts and I seriously regret it

#Resolve

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#50 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • Location:My body lies in Georgia...but my mind lives in Arthias.
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

@Seraphinox Unless you're a mutant, completely removing those items from your diet is going to have negative effects on you. Removing Alcohol? Good. Removing Dairy? If you have a reasonable alternative, sure. Removing Wheat? Unless you have medical problems, this is a bad idea. Same with sugar. Your body NEEDS sugar. My main problem with that list is that you're completely removing sugar.

If said friend is a fitness trainer, then they should know this. (I know what I'm talking about. Lol My mom's been in the fitness business for 20+ years. And I've got four years of fitness schooling under my belt as well.)

Now. If you plan on LIMITING your sugar intake, then that's fine.

Even with an exercise plan. You have to have moderation. You cant just switch it on and expect to have positive results.
"You'll never forgive me? Like I give a damn."
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
^ This isn't dead, I swear!
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

3DS Friend Code 0834 - 1057 - 3616

#51 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (arimibn @ Dec 22 2013, 02:55 PM)
Same with sugar. Your body NEEDS sugar. My main problem with that list is that you're completely removing sugar.

Depends on what you mean by sugar.If he's just saying like, no sugar with his Weetabix and no more skittles, skipping that sort of sugar is fine.

#52 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

@Blu Now THAT I'm okay with. But the whole "completely removing it from diet" is a bad idea. Heck. Most fruits have sugars in them.
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

#53 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

Yeah, exactly.

#54 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

Adding this sort of thing to my resolution list, I want to get down to 215(don't take that number as I'm fat, most of that comes from the fact that I'm 6 feet even and used to lifting quite often. I'm usually a fairly active person, unfortunately I developed a small gaming obsession XD anyway I've decided to go for a two mile run every other day and lift when I get back from that. It's gonna be a serious pain but no different from what I did during track season last year.

#55 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

Depends on what you mean by sugar.If he's just saying like, no sugar with his Weetabix and no more skittles, skipping that sort of sugar is fine.

It's this. I'm not stupid enough to become a hermit eating bugs for my sole survival.

I understand I didn't explain it very well. It's basically just reducing the shit I intake and promoting the healthier foods alongside consistent exercise for long-term benefit.
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#56 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

Good. Good. XD Well good luck with your resolution. XD

Feel free to ask me for any suggestions or tips. XD
Posted Image

#57 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

I'll be sure to take you up on that offer haha.

QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#58 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:08 AM

Ditto what Seraph said, just watching your diet a little bit more than usual instead of eating carefree etc. can really make quite a difference in the long-run biggrin.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#59 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

On a lighter note for the new year, I've fallen horribly behind on all past times I used to partake in. So I hope to

- Read 50 books
- Complete 50 games
- See 20 films of 2014
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#60 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:27 AM

I could do the 50 games, the other two no way XD it'd be a miracle if I read 5 books... heck even 1 book might be a bit much, and anything more than 3 movies would also be rare lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users