Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

How good is FE:Fates?

lul

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mankut

Mankut

Mega Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:You

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:08 PM

I haven't played fe in a couple years but my interest was peaked by some stuff I heard about the new games. But I haven't really seen much on fe fates. People say they like it but awakenings was also getting rave reviews and I didn't like it that much. Awakening was p easy and simple, and that really turned me off. Is fates as easy as awakening, and is it a solid game in general?

fe4 and fe5 are my favorite games, for reference. I also really liked fe6-8.

Thanks, and sorry if this is the wrong forum.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Fire Blazer -- Man Cute is on

#2 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:54 PM

Fates is pretty polarizing, the plot is pretty terrible no matter which game you get, but the gameplay varies greatly. Since you're an older fan look into Conquest and maybe give it a try. It is the most complex of the Fates games having a multitude of different map objectives and is the most challenging overall. Since you said you didn't like Awakening's simplicity then don't even touch birthright, it is basically awakening 2.0 with more boring characters IMO. If you want something weird pick up revelations after getting Conquest, the route is super gimmicky and epxerimental and plays more like a JRPG than fire emblem lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#3 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:48 AM

story is garbage. gameplay is basically awakening imo, but conquest is definitely the best as far as that goes imo. honestly it's the worst fire emblem, and the second worst tactics game i've played in general(the actual worst being langrisser 3ds which honestly might be better than fates, i'm not sure as i haven't played revelations yet which i've been told on several occasions is the worst by far.) the My Castle thing has a lot of potential which is absolutely wasted, and it ends up feeling like one of those dumb mobile city builder things. Corrin(the MC) has plot armor thicker than any other i've ever seen. no weapon durability(which may be a plus to some, but i actually like the micromanagement that comes with having weapons that break). and actually i'm gonna stop there because this could go on for awhile XD

TL:DR there's a lot for veterans of the series to complain about, but there's a chance you may end up liking it anyway. since you didn't like awakening that seems unlikely, but meh.

#4 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:51 AM

Fates is pretty bad, imo. The gameplay was nowhere near as fun as former games, especially not FEA's. (If you're into challenge, then maybe it'll be more fun than Fates. I don't know.) All your units have low HP and the enemies always have very high attack/magic so most of your units get 1-2HKO'd. It's awful.

Then we have the story. Ugh, the story! I don't care if you get Birthright or Conquest, but for the love of all that's good and righteous, avoid Revelation at all costs. It by far has the worst story of any video game I have ever played, and was the biggest waste of 20 bucks that I've ever spent. Totally not saying this because I am trying to convince at least one other person to not buy Revelation to make up for me buying it.

IUfb9Eg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users