Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Ratchet and clank...the movie?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 12:40 AM

http://www.ratchetandclankmovie.com

Yeah. Not even joking unfortunately. This is one of the last things we needed, but I'm almost looking forward to it though. Here's to hoping it's as good as the games.

#2 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:accepting things

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:13 PM

I wouldn't knock it yet. Sly Coopers gettin a movie too and it dont serm half bad judgin by the trailer.
Dave Grohl is rock and roll personified.

Actually a real smart genius man, but I'll never show it.

#3 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:45 PM

I didn't get to listen to the trailer with sound, but it looked good for sure. I don't think it will end up terrible considering the material, but disappointment is pretty much expected when it comes to adaptations so I won't be too optimistic. Then again the Sonic Boom cartoon looked to be another sub par CGI kids show and it turned out to be pretty good so I hope this ends up like that. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#4 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:10 PM

Oh no I'm not expecting it to be bad, but I really don't think it needed to be a thing. Never even looked at the trailer actually, gonna have to check it out

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:14 AM

yeah, this being a thing is also kinda odd to me. Sony seems to acknowledge the IP but like... when the average person thinks of Sony, I don't think they think that. They think PlayStation maybe, or Sony TVs, but as far as a mascot, it kinda feels like Sony tries to push characters but they aren't true mascots. like, you can't simply... force that stuff. R&C and Kratos might be popular for instance but they're not as synonymous as Nintendo is with Mario, Link, and Pikachu, for instance. So... yeah, I dunno.

To me it'd be like making a movie about Fire Emblem or something. Sure, some people will get it, and FE actually gets quite a bit of attention now compared to before, but... if you're not really into Nintendo, you probably won't get it. Whereas most people who know Nintendo probably also know Mario. >_>'

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:04 AM

FE movie will never happen. The anime bombed(mostly because of how awful it was, but w/e)

Back on topic you make a good point with Sony making mascot decisions. I think it's because they don't have something definitive like Mario or link. When I think Sony the first thing that comes to mind is the ps2. In other words a console and not a game.

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 01:13 AM

FE movie will never happen. The anime bombed(mostly because of how awful it was, but w/e)

Back on topic you make a good point with Sony making mascot decisions. I think it's because they don't have something definitive like Mario or link. When I think Sony the first thing that comes to mind is the ps2. In other words a console and not a game.

I'm not saying it would! but to be fair, that was ages ago, and I don't think it'd have any real effect on what's made now. I mean, it'd be silly to say "don't make a Fire Emblem anime/animated movie/whatever" based solely on "that super old OVA from like 20 years ago back when the series was WAY different and wasn't even a thing in the West went poorly, we shouldn't" =P

right, that's pretty much the point I was trying to make. And Sony can TRY to push a mascot as much as they want to because in a way it's kind of important/good to have one, but ultimately you can't force that kind of reputation/recognition upon a character, it has to come over time via good, popular, memorable games (or whatever kind of material it is), IMO

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:04 AM

Oh that's not the only reason an FE anime is a bad reason(see my thoughts on the recent pandering to the "awakening only" fanbase) but that's neither here nor there.

Personally I would rather see a jak and dexter movie over ratchet and clank. Not sure why but ratchet and clank just doesn't scream movie potential to me.

Edit: thinking back Nintendo should stay away from movies and TV shows in general. Very few of their attempts have gone even remotely well.

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:07 PM

bad reason? you mean, bad idea?

I'm not going to debate it being a good/bad idea, I'm just saying, I wouldn't really give an ancient thing any weight =P

as far as Nintendo stuff goes, yeah, I think it's pretty tough and so far they haven't really been successful. That being said, I don't think it'd be impossible to do, but... they would need to execute on a level unlike before. I don't think they themselves have the expertise, and handing it off to someone else might end up being just... bad, kinda like how Pixels or w/e didn't turn out great. Soooo. >_>' They'd need to make an epic collaboration to make something great, and chances are the stars just won't align, so while it'd be cool if they DID... you probably have the right idea in saying it might be better not to try, lol.

then again, not trying because of a fear of failure is eh, so hopefully one day when they feel like they have a good shot, they do it. XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users