Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Fire Emblem: The Movie

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Fitz24

Fitz24

The man, the myth, the Fitz.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:16 AM

I think this could be probably one of the coolest movies ever...if they were to do it right. I mean, it would be nothing like the game at all in the end but the storylines of these games could and should be transferred into a movie. I believe they made an anime of Marth's adventures awhile ago.

They should either do Fire Emblem 6+7 or 9+10 due to the fact they most likely have the most storyline attached to them with the whole two games, and they are my favorites....

Comments?
user posted image

Check out my Let's Plays!
http://www.youtube.c...tz?feature=mhum

Leif is the greatest character ever.

#2 Ezra

Ezra

ring a bell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:07 AM

Sounds like it'd be really awesome, but doesn't sound like it would ever happen...

I myself would like to see Fe9+10, but I would also like fe6 and 7, mainly because 9 and 10 already has a couple movies in them...

#3 Swordsalmon

Swordsalmon

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:30 AM

Heck no. Video game movies are almost always terrible. And besides, just about every supporting character (As in everyone), would have to be shafted just so the movie has a reasonable length.

#4 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Interests:Brunettes<br>Being awesome<br>Meat products

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:10 AM

It would probably be good as a nice little gory-medieval bloodfest type movie, but like Swordsalmon said, the characterization would take a huge hit.

Fire Emblem has too many characters to actually give them all names/actors in a movie.

It'd probably just be Eliwood/Hector/Lyn/Ike/whatever Lord and a couple of the more important characters like Titania/Oswin/Marcus leading a huge army and killing lots of people.
user posted image

#5 ablon08

ablon08

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:47 AM

I'd have to agree. A movie does not have enough of a chance to develop each of the characters.

If I'd have to pick though, FE7. The plot of 6 didn't really develop overly much. A series would be better than a single movie though.

The plot of FE9 was good, but in FE10, they seemed a bit desperate.

#6 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts
  • Location:On your mom's bed. Under the covers with your mom. Showing off. My glow in the dark watch.

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:56 AM

God no.
user posted image

I won't remove this until I have gotten an overkill extermination in Halo MLG.-started August 13, 2010, 8-13-2010 Got it on December 18, 2010! WOOT!
I won't remove this until I get a killtacular in Halo MLG- Started December 29, 2010.
Bloodfalcon22-pokemanzz cnt dye
FELover3- If I beat the shit out of them they do

Rujio -- Cows are more important than anything.
Rujio -- ANYTHING

Blood Falcon -- Hey bblues, are you able to ban the GoogleBot?
bblues -- I don't think so.
Blood Falcon -- Damn, lol.
bblues -- He's above the law : P

QUOTE (Grey_Tensho @ March 10, 2010 04:07 pm)
Bloodfalcon is as crazy over copyright as youtube is lol.

#7 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Being possibly the most awesome person in the world would be my interests, yes.

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:50 PM

If it was live action I'd probably have to kill myself.

An anime feature would be nice, though, especially considering the only Fire Emblem anime is two episodes long. lol at least it got a translation lololololololol

Considering the level of content, the Archanea saga would be better suited to an anime series, while Tellius should be a feature length film (two hours or more). The thing that separates the two is while Archanea has a long timeline... Tellius does not, which would make more sense in a condensed format.

AND GOD NO SPIKE SPENCER DON'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO HERE. EVER. I'LL KILL YOU YOU SICK SADISTIC BASTARD.
user posted image

#8 Felover3

Felover3

feLURKER

• Veterans
  • 1,020 posts
  • Interests:Archery, Guns, Ballroom Dancing, Cooking, Board Games, Magic TCG, Gaming, FE, Lost in Blue.

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:00 PM

I don't see the Fire Emblem series of having a nice area for movies. Unlike say, Lord of the Rings, where multiple characters doing many different things kept interest, Fire Emblem is usually PLOT-FIGHT-PLOT against a singular enemy. Any more then 1 movie of this would quickly get boring (Unless the did the interesting chapters, like 26 for 7, 4 from 5, or the one with Yahn from 6).

I'd still watch it though.
-------------------------------------
The Legendary Lurker

"When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in someone's eyes and steal whatever the hell life gave them." ~Me

Has a Blazor Favor

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

^That lol

It'd have to be based off of FE4, FE7, or FE10, because those are the most in-depth games, plot-wise, IMO.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 thedespised2166

thedespised2166

The official Director of Classic Legends...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Super Smash Bros. Brawl<br>FE 6-8, 10<br><br>Animating, chatting with friends, etc.

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

I agree partly with Blazer for that matter. However, if there was going to be a movie of FE10, then FE9 would be casted first so dumbass movie critics won't say "This left me hanging at the beginning." and such. Movie producers would follow FE7 with FE6 because they're stupid and don't know when to quit. lol
However, basic movie material on my end would be FE8. Dunno why, but I can imagine so.
The Classic Legends producer is currently working on: Preview
user posted image
Other sigs (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
What Color Are You...?

user posted image
(No it is not the Heath from FE7! It's a character from my series that's similar to him.)

user posted image

#11 Fitz24

Fitz24

The man, the myth, the Fitz.

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:18 PM

As stated above, I think an anime would end of being the best choice.
user posted image

Check out my Let's Plays!
http://www.youtube.c...tz?feature=mhum

Leif is the greatest character ever.

#12 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

FE8 was just so bland though.

FE7, just think about it--either an anime-style movie or a real-character movie. In the beginning, while the names of the cast are being shown, it'd have epic music and show Lyn, Sain, Kent, and others fighting against bandits and Caelin through chapters 1-9, then show a quick scene of Lundgren being defeated by Lyn, and then go to "present time" (year after), Eliwood's journey looking for Elbert, with rising action upto the point that Elbert dies (there's usually an epic scene mid-movie where some significant action takes place), and then them fighting against the Black Fang, Lloyd Linus, recruiting Jaffar, and getting Athos' help to finish off Nergal once in for all.

Idk why but that just seems like it'd make a freaking great movie, as opposed to just showing random battles versus Gheb and Binks and then touching upon the Grado generals and suddenly ending up fighting the Demon King in FE8. FE6 would be better, but it's still too much of a war-story, while in FE7, you fight against so many different groups (bandits, Caelin, Laus, Black Fang, morphs, Bern, mercenaries, and none of them are a country except for Bern...), it'd just be more interesting.

Ultimately though, I'd be happy with a simple anime of any of the games, provided the voice actors and fights don't suck a ton.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#13 ablon08

ablon08

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:04 AM

I'm going to agree with Blazer.

Though earlier, you made a point about FE10 having an in-depth plot.
All it was...was plot twist after plot tiwst.
Zelgius is the black knight. The entire history that has been taught for hundreds of years is completely wrong, Sephiran is the evil mastermind behind it all...etc.

I can understand Zelgius, though it would have been good if they had given some kind of subtle hint in FE9, other than having him disappear after chapter 27. If we had seen his sword in a cutscene or something, that would have been good the perfect hint. 99% of players would not have payed any attention to his sword. God knows I wouldn't have.

Anyway, back on point, your idea about Lyn's story being the opening credits sounds actually quite good to me. If there was a movie, do you think it should go into Eubans Mercenaries, Kushina, and Nergal's relationship with Nils and Ninian?

The movie should also cut out some random skirmishes with the Black Fang, like New Resolve.

#14 Soviet Comrade

Soviet Comrade

Mega Member

• Veterans
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:???????????? ??????????

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

AND GOD NO SPIKE SPENCER DON'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO HERE. EVER. I'LL KILL YOU YOU SICK SADISTIC BASTARD

Whoa, why all the hate? Spike is a beast.

Anyways, yeah, a movie...FE4 would be hard to do, I like Blazer's idea for the most part, but...some part of me just says NonOnononNOONONO to a movie.

#15 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts
  • Interests:Brunettes<br>Being awesome<br>Meat products

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:27 PM

FE10 would probably be best, considering it switches perspectives quite a bit. Fe6/7 would be a very linear movie, considering how that game works. (the same army just engaging in battle after battle after battle after battle...). Not dissing the game, but the way the plot flows would make a horrible movie.
user posted image

#16 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:51 AM

The movie wouldn't be about the battles so much as the plot... You'd have the romantic scenes that touch upon supports, the recruitment scenes, the cutscenes (Elbert dying, Eliwood killing Ninian), and then just show the important battles to keep the action going.

Ultimately EVERY Fire Emblem game is just battle after battle... =\

FE10 would be far too confusing, even for people who did play the game, and they'd have to get the same voices they already used in the video game, not to mention that FE10's plot is horrid and it was hella long.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#17 thedespised2166

thedespised2166

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Super Smash Bros. Brawl<br>FE 6-8, 10<br><br>Animating, chatting with friends, etc.

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:02 PM

Well they turned the worst book into the worst movie AS WELL as making a 2-part finisher.
Fire Emblem will soon be made since that's the case. Not saying it's bad, I'm just saying it's prone to be made.
user posted image
user posted image
What Color Are You...?

user posted image
(No it is not the Heath from FE7! It's a character from my series that's similar to him.)

user posted image

#18 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:42 PM

^Huh? You're saying that... what? What ARE you saying? Are you saying an FE movie will be made?

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#19 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Being possibly the most awesome person in the world would be my interests, yes.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:57 PM

No, but he's suggesting what would happen if it were.
user posted image

#20 thedespised2166

thedespised2166

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

Exactly. Just like most games/animes being made into movies, it will be tarnished. Just look at the live action Dragonball movie. And the Super Mario Bros. Movie.
user posted image
user posted image
What Color Are You...?

user posted image

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users