Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

> What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

• Please log in to reply
730 replies to this topic

#81 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

Wrapped up Boogiepop Phantom.

I actually really, really like the show. If you have a background of the series and have read the light novels that pertain to it, it's a beautiful mix of Boogiepop storytelling and selective information leaking. It takes the writing style associated with the light novels (where characters are focused on for a brief period of time) and creates a suspense/horror series out of it. It's actually extremely well done...though no for the light hearted. If you're looking for a cheap laugh or something that doesn't demand you do prerequisite work (such as a story summary) or figure out what is going on episode to episode (or in the in timeline, since there is a lot of jumping of "5 years ago", "1 month ago", and "now"), it's not worth watching. But it really will hold a special place for me.

Music wise, it's amazing. For such an entry (early 2000s), it has intense sound editing and it will bug you at times as well as put you on edge. All for intentional effect; the show is very well done in creating the creepy atmosphere it wanted. And, though contentious I bet, the use of a dulled saturation colour set makes it very interesting.

Characters really feel lifelike...they have concerns and worries that most people can identify, even if they are only around for a few minutes (a common complaint people have about Evangelion is that you really can't connect unless have experienced their disorders...I'd disagree, but it's a complaint).

Next up: Ergo Proxy. Then maybe I'll finally watch my DVDs of Texhnolyze. After that, I'm out of shows.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#82 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

Just recently finished Fate/Zero and man was that a good show. Though those blu-ray disks cost a fortune. It also has probably one of the most tragic character I've ever seen in anime.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#83 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

I'm also currently watching MGRONALDS VERSUS SENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN: STARRING DEMON KING SATAN right now, along with Attack on Titan.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#84 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (kirant @ Jun 1 2013, 11:10 PM)

Next up: Ergo Proxy.  Then maybe I'll finally watch my DVDs of Texhnolyze.  After that, I'm out of shows.

Have fun with Ergo Proxy, it's definitely interesting, but it gets bogged down in so much filler that watching it feels like walking through a swamp. It's got some nice stuff going on but you trudge through it sos lowly.
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#85 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (Seraphinox @ Jun 2 2013, 04:21 AM)
QUOTE (kirant @ Jun 1 2013, 11:10 PM)

Next up: Ergo Proxy.  Then maybe I'll finally watch my DVDs of Texhnolyze.  After that, I'm out of shows.

Have fun with Ergo Proxy, it's definitely interesting, but it gets bogged down in so much filler that watching it feels like walking through a swamp. It's got some nice stuff going on but you trudge through it sos lowly.

Well, I lived through all episodes of Stellvia and managed to enjoy it, so I'd say slow, meandering pace isn't that bad as long as there's something else (such as Stellvia's character development as a coming of age story)

RedBlue.png

#86 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

- One Piece dub
- One Piece sub*
- Naruto sub*
- Naruto dub
- IGPX

I recently finished Fate/Stay night as well as the UBW movie for that. Started watching the One Piece dub and saw part of the Naruto dub on TV and I think I'll watch that as well. Also saw IGPX on TV and after watching a couple episodes and talking to Shu I think I'll also watch that when I can since it seems like a solid show. An asterisk (*) denotes that I was already watching the show consistently. Out of the above shows, I'll only finish IGPX anytime soon since the rest are ongoing.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#87 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:48 AM

I'm watching Death Note right now. I'm really liking it.

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#88 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

Curious question for the people here.

My 'currently watching' list is bloody massive.

As shown here: http://myanimelist.n...list/Seraphinox

I was wondering if any people had watched any of the animes on my watching list and could tell me if I should bother continuing with them.

Apart from the currently airing titles, I havent touched any of them in a long time.

ps. I will watch the last episode of Durarara some day...
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#89 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

Holy crap dude, I knew you were into anime and that some of those are movies and the such but O___O

I'd say stop watching Lucky Star but that's probably about it lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#90 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (Seraphinox @ Jun 8 2013, 05:25 AM)
Curious question for the people here.

My 'currently watching' list is bloody massive.

As shown here: http://myanimelist.n...list/Seraphinox

I was wondering if any people had watched any of the animes on my watching list and could tell me if I should bother continuing with them.

Apart from the currently airing titles, I havent touched any of them in a long time.

ps. I will watch the last episode of Durarara some day...

Ha. Makes my watching list short. Granted, all of them are generally under the "rewatching" category so...

RedBlue.png

#91 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

I dunno about Lucky Star, it has a certain charm.

And yeah, I quite like watching shows, well, I havent watched any in the 'watching section' for atleast 6 months so I'm not that dedicated but...
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#92 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:27 AM

@Seraph you're still pwning me and watching more than most people here, it's not super hardcore though XD

Anyhow I just started watching Attack on Titan AKA Shingeki no Kyoji

holy **** this is so mean

this show is really good but it's so brutal

I mean I understand why people like it but as most people who have discussed anime with me know I am really sensitive to this crap which is why even shows like One Piece where people hardly die really get to me sometimes lol (and killing off major, likeable characters like they do in Code Geass or just having total destructive tragedies also get to me)

in other words I'm enjoying it but this is really going to tear at my heart more than poor little weakling Blazer can handle QQ

... XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#93 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

Finished Ergo Proxy. Too lazy to summarize...have this instead:
http://lainsfirstlaw...iew-ergo-proxy/

RedBlue.png

#94 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

K

Haven't actually watched the first episode yet but this is gonna be the anime I am currently watching when I get to it.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#95 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

"Not Pictured: Sanity"

yeah I know some people looooove this kind of thing but I just don't

I think I'll pass, maybe if I get really bored I'll look for a summary of the entire thing... lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#96 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Jul 12 2013, 10:06 AM)
"Not Pictured: Sanity"

yeah I know some people looooove this kind of thing but I just don't

I think I'll pass, maybe if I get really bored I'll look for a summary of the entire thing... lol

To be perfectly fair to the characters too, their sanity leaves at the end of the show. They're perfectly capable and reasonable people until then...they just...kind of lose it by the end. tongue.gif

Though if watching sympathetic characters die is something you hate, it's probably worth a skip. It is very close to a Tomino "Kill 'em all" show.

RedBlue.png

#97 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

I'm watching Bokurano right now.

A really good psychological show about 15 kids who have to take turns piloting a giant robot in fights against other giant robots to protect the earth.

They are contracted into it by a strange man, and strange things start happening to the pilots as the fights intensify and more is put on the line.

I'm on episode 19 of 25
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#98 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

Currently meandering through: Haibane Renmei

Love the fact that it's legally fully available by Funimation.

So far pretty slow, though I've always heard it only gets really interesting in the back half. Pretty animation (kind of a given with ABe though).

RedBlue.png

#99 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

Nuuu more psychological shows

I just want a simple story about people having interesting adventures XD One Piece go go go

In all seriousness I need to start Psycho Pass or whatever it was called before I try the cool mech show Seraph mentioned XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#100 Nice Middle

Nice Middle

Chancellor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

Started watching Durarara!!.
QUOTE (Fire Blazer @ Jul 25 2014, 07:59 PM)
I have cero love for you or your shenanigans

QUOTE (Holy Kensai @ May 18 2012, 08:01 PM)
Gotta love how even in fan fiction I'm a badass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users