That's a fan workaround that just happened multiple years into the console's lifespan though, and is arguably sketchy (since not everyone is ok with using homebrew). That is NOT the same as Nintendo outright not implementing any kind of region lock from the beginning, which is what I was talking about.
The fact that fans made a workaround does not cover up for Nintendo.
yeah, a cloud system to store various data would be nice but it'd probably have to be reserved to something like a paid subscription service (like PS+) or else Nintendo probably wouldn't be able to keep that up (too much resources for a free service). Personally I lost a lot of StreetPass data since I can't merge StreetPass data between two 3DS's and also when I transferred some games from one 3DS to another via customer service, I couldn't transfer over the save data so I lost all of that, which I'm still kind of salty about, just because I don't like losing save data (and it was for Fire Emblem: Awakening no less :\).
So meh, yeah, in general Nintendo's systems just aren't user-friendly/flexible when it comes to certain odd situations. Like requiring New 3DS owners to buy a new adapter... if a parent is buying it for a kid and neither are well-versed in how that works, they could easily miss that and end up not being able to charge the 3DS until they make a separate trip to buy a charger... it's a relatively rare situation but it's that kind of stuff I'm talking about, I guess. Nintendo takes care of the needs of 80% of its consumers and whatnot and that's kinda fine as-is but it would be nice if they could eventually work on taking care of the other 20% even though it's difficult, provided they have nothing significantly better to do, lol