Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Marijuana

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:07 AM

WARNING, THERE IS TALK OF ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES. READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
Everyone should know what this plant is. It it is smoked by many to get "high" and IIRC is illegal world-wide (it IS illegal in Amsterdam, just not well enforced). Statistically speaking, there are 0 deaths from marijuana itself and there are many due to alchohol and cigarrettes, which are legal. Do you think that it should be illegal? I personally have never smoked it, although I would have no problem doing so if I wished (Most of my friends have or do smoke) and so I am impartial to whether it's legal or illegal (although legalizing could help to weaken drug cartels and then the government could tax on it to make money).

Posted Image

#2 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts
  • Interests:Brunettes<br>Being awesome<br>Meat products

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:18 AM

Weed in itself has not been proven to be harmful (when used in moderation). There is medical marijuana for a reason.

However...it's a gateway drug. Most drug addicts don't just dive right into heroine-- they start with something "lighter" first, and then figure they can do it.

That being said, if marijuana was legalized and sold in drug stores, the U.S could profit big time off of taxes. Yeah, I know, but we kinda need the cash right now.
user posted image

#3 Shu

Shu

Sealord

• GFX Artist
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Pimpin'

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:21 AM

I used to be opposed to the legalization of Marijuana, but as of right now, I don't really care either way.

That said, I do not smoke weed.
user posted image
Gallery

I will not remove this until the Vikings win the Super Bowl - Started 1/28/11

"i had to google bukkake."
-Boney

#4 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE (Shu @ Mar 17 2012, 11:21 PM)
I used to be opposed to the legalization of Marijuana, but as of right now, I don't really care either way.

That said, I do not smoke weed.

That pretty much sums up what I was trying to say, minus the fact tht there are legal substances tht are worse for you.
Ironically, a bunch of people who run cross country smoke (bad for lungs unlike running) and two dealers I know (one being my brothers friends older brother).
Posted Image

#5 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

If cigarettes and alcohol are legal, marijuana should be. It's not harmful in itself, and it being legal would get the government more money. It's not like people don't do it already, now they're just doing it illegally. Oh, it could also help with gangs/cartels/etc. somewhat. If people can legally do some drugs, then not only do gangs/cartels/etc. have fewer drugs to sell, but people will also be less likely to go to illegal drugs since they have legal options.

Another point my sister heard about this is that the plant used is also where hemp comes from, and America is basically built for hemp production. That means we would have another big export and business within America. AKA more money and more jobs.

I don't do any drugs, myself, but when it's less harmful than legal substances AND has the potential to seriously help our economy, I think it should be legalized.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#6 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

Another thing is prison. We spend so many tax dollars putting people in prison, FOR SMOKING WEED! It's completely a waste.
"What are you in here for?"
"Smokin' weed, wuddaboutchu?"
"Killin' 3 people and robbin' a bank." (Sorry, I expect that most people in prison talk with an urban slangish accent).
Posted Image

#7 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

http://www.drugsense.org/cms/wodclock

We spend WAY too much combating drugs. Should we legalize a not-so-bad one, then maybe things will get better.
user posted image

#8 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:dingleberries

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Bobryk @ Mar 18 2012, 01:18 AM)
Weed in itself has not been proven to be harmful (when used in moderation). There is medical marijuana for a reason.

However...it's a gateway drug. Most drug addicts don't just dive right into heroine-- they start with something "lighter" first, and then figure they can do it.

That being said, if marijuana was legalized and sold in drug stores, the U.S could profit big time off of taxes. Yeah, I know, but we kinda need the cash right now.

My dad's been smoking pot since I was 3 and he hasn't touched anything stronger. My brothers been smoking pot for 3 years now and he has 0 desire to do anything stronger.

As for my opinion on the matter I say legallise it. It's been said a million times but alcohol is far far worse for you. People drunk driving and killing others for example. How many times have you seen a story on the news or in the papers saying "Driver high on marijuana kills 4 in car accident" Never. I did it once or twice before I joined the Air Force, and in all honesty, I'll probably do it again after I'm out. I never did anything stupid while high, I just watched Spongebob Squarepants while giggling like a girl. Sure smoking is bad period but at least weed doesn't have rat poison and antifreeze and radioactive materials in it like legal tobacco products. (We proved the radioactive part while doing training with equipment made to pick up radiation. Held sensor near someones cigarettes and the reading increased XD)
user posted image

#9 Shu

Shu

Sealord

• GFX Artist
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Pimpin'

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

I suppose it's different for everyone. For some people, it can lead to harder drugs...for some, not really.

Kind of like how people say that Marijuana isn't addictive. It doesn't have addictive properties, but people can get addicted to anything.
user posted image
Gallery

I will not remove this until the Vikings win the Super Bowl - Started 1/28/11

"i had to google bukkake."
-Boney

#10 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

It's a mental addiction rather than a physical condition.

@Grey My cousin started with weed at 13, then moved on to harder stuff. She's been in and out of rehab and on and off the streets for 7 years due to heroine addiction.

Friend of mine did shrooms because he thought since he did weed he could do anything. The effects were so bad he wanted to kill himself to end the pain.

There's no hard evidence saying it's a gateway drug nor is their hard evidence saying it isn't. It's just my opinion, but hey, I think I've seen enough to form it, right?
user posted image

#11 Falaflame

Falaflame

Confronting the past

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  • Interests:Nothing much beyond your typical gamer.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:56 PM

I am completely neutral on this subject. You get ****ed over if you smoke it and get arrested for it. You get ****ed over if you smoke it and not get arrested for it.

It doesn't matter. Either way, you're ****ed.

Fighting the ghosts of my past. I'd rather not remember who I once used to be..

#12 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • Location:My body lies in Georgia...but my mind lives in Arthias.
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:20 AM

Well...Giving the statistics, I don't see anything wrong with it. Would I use it? No. Do I care if someone else does. Not really. I am completely Nuetral on the subject. It's like Grey said. There are legal drugs that are more harmful. So if they legalized it, it wouldn't be all too bad. That being said, I don't support using it now as it IS still illegal. Should it be legalized, however, then I've no problem with people smoking it.
"You'll never forgive me? Like I give a damn."
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
^ This isn't dead, I swear!
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

3DS Friend Code 0834 - 1057 - 3616

#13 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:58 AM

(We proved the radioactive part while doing training with equipment made to pick up radiation. Held sensor near someones cigarettes and the reading increased XD)

At the same time, EVERYTHING has radiation in it and transmits it. Eating a banana will increase your radioactive exposure. Flying continental will expose you to more radiation than a single x-ray ever will (Unless you're talking CT). Heck, your PC is giving you extremely low levels of radiation while you use it. How much it has may be up to debate (and whether or not it is repeatable may be put into question), but a single object having increased readings above the background isn't that big a deal.

QUOTE (Bobryk @ Mar 18 2012, 02:41 PM)
It's a mental addiction rather than a physical condition.

Not entirely. Marijuana can have both physical problems (smoking of any type exposes your lungs to carcinogenics and can increase cancer risks) and mental (excessive smoking can result in addiction).

While I'd much prefer mandatory prison sentences to be removed (Canada just introduced them, to my displeasure), I think it's pretty fine as a semi-legal object. I see them very much aligned to antidepressants in terms of usability. Prescription use and further research into the effects of legalizing it would be my favoured answer, but I'm not sure there is reasonable availability of taxpayer dollars to ever make the study realistically possible without draining from a more important source.

I'm not for either side, but neither side practices good science in their studies, nor makes a real compelling argument.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#14 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:52 AM

QUOTE (kirant @ Mar 18 2012, 09:58 PM)
Not entirely.  Marijuana can have both physical problems (smoking of any type exposes your lungs to carcinogenics and can increase cancer risks) and mental (excessive smoking can result in addiction).

That was his point. you can't develop a physical addiction, only mental. And personally I think that anyone that moves on to harder drugs probably would have ended up that way anyway, regardless of whether or not they did pot first. The only real correlation is that maybe they just get associated with the wrong crew.
Posted Image

#15 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

Yes im aware that most everything emits radiation BUT youre not sucking said radiation into your lungs.
user posted image

#16 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (Ryokutheman @ Mar 18 2012, 09:52 PM)
That was his point. you can't develop a physical addiction, only mental. And personally I think that anyone that moves on to harder drugs probably would have ended up that way anyway, regardless of whether or not they did pot first. The only real correlation is that maybe they just get associated with the wrong crew.

You can develop chemical dependency, which more falls under physical addiction than mental.

QUOTE (Grey Tensho @ Mar 19 2012, 07:50 AM)
Yes im aware that most everything emits radiation BUT youre not sucking said radiation into your lungs.

It's the level not the location that generally matters. Most Geiger counters are very sensitive, so unless it was going nuts, radiation levels are probably negligible.

RedBlue.png

#17 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

It wasnt a geiger counter it was an ADM 300
user posted image

#18 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Grey Tensho @ Mar 19 2012, 04:38 PM)
It wasnt a geiger counter it was an ADM 300

Looking at the online limits of them, that means the amount could range anywhere from "basically background" to "You'll die because of the exposure unless you leave soon...as in 5 minutes soon. Good knowing you.". I can't say anymore without having the exact value

RedBlue.png

#19 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

Dunno what source says that but they are highly sensitive. I pointed mine at a flourescant light and it went up.
user posted image

#20 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (Grey Tensho @ Mar 19 2012, 06:25 PM)
Dunno what source says that but they are highly sensitive. I pointed mine at a flourescant light and it went up.

It listed as capably operating from .05 microsieverts/hour to accurately at 100 sieverts/hour.

RedBlue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users