Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

FE Fates Random Comment Topic

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:36 PM

Reboot since the last one poofed.

I just love how enemies can waltz right over lava without fear of being damaged, but even my FLIERS don't get that same privilege.

Also, best crit line in the game:

Jakob: You have been SERVED!!

IUfb9Eg.png

#2 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:27 PM

I don't hear any of the crit lines since I have voices turned off. x:

I guess this should have been in here rather than the shoutbox as it was last time

why the fuck does Tsubaki's child have a non-Japanese name

has he been cheating on me with some FILTHY NOHRIAN bitch?!

WAS IT YOU AQUA HUH OUR HAIR COLORS ARE MORE OR LESS THE SAME SO WE DON'T GOT THAT EXCUSE

I KNEW IT THIS WAS YOUR PLAN ALL ALONG BEING "KIDNAPPED" INTO HOSHIDO WHEN ALL YOU REALLY ARE IS A SPY SENT OUT TO STEAL THE PRINCESS' MEN THAT DANCER OUTFIT AIN'T FOR NUTHIN

GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURL YOU AIN'T GETTING AWAY WITH ANYTHANG WHO ELSE COULD IT BE 

I feel like I'm forgetting part of what I originally said though

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#3 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:06 AM

SCARLET OMG I SWEAR YOU COULD MISS A SEMI TRUCK WITH THAT AXE OF YOURS.

</vent>

Also, I hate how enemies are immune to damaging tiles.

IUfb9Eg.png

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:55 AM

Reboot since the last one poofed.

I just love how enemies can waltz right over lava without fear of being damaged, but even my FLIERS don't get that same privilege.

Also, best crit line in the game:

Thanks for remaking it, feel bad I never really got to look at any replies to the original one. >___> *still a little salty whenever he thinks about it*

lolwut, is this for real? wait, is that the map where you have to use dragon veins to open up the way to the end? if so I think I know what you're talking about, and while it didn't really occur to me... yeah, that's b.s. lol

also that crit line does sound pretty funny ahahahah

I don't hear any of the crit lines since I have voices turned off. x:

I guess this should have been in here rather than the shoutbox as it was last time

I feel like I'm forgetting part of what I originally said though

ooooh dang lol, your choice tho

"Caeldori"? lololol. heard about that. what a joke. they're going for the anagram but I think that's dumb and kinda unnecessary actually. :\ Rhajat was also dumb IMO...

WAS IT YOU AQUA HUH OUR HAIR COLORS ARE MORE OR LESS THE SAME SO WE DON'T GOT THAT EXCUSE

IRL or...?

I KNEW IT THIS WAS YOUR PLAN ALL ALONG BEING "KIDNAPPED" INTO HOSHIDO WHEN ALL YOU REALLY ARE IS A SPY SENT OUT TO STEAL THE PRINCESS' MEN THAT DANCER OUTFIT AIN'T FOR NUTHIN

GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURL YOU AIN'T GETTING AWAY WITH ANYTHANG WHO ELSE COULD IT BE

LOL

SCARLET OMG I SWEAR YOU COULD MISS A SEMI TRUCK WITH THAT AXE OF YOURS.

</vent>

Also, I hate how enemies are immune to damaging tiles.

lolol I didn't use her but is she really that bleh? that's lame. potentially low hit rates in general/poor RNG don't help I guess.

also isn't that basically just restating what you put in the 1st post?

--------

I posted most of my thoughts in that other thread but if I have something else random I'll keep it in mind to throw it in here...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:41 AM

"Caeldori"? lololol. heard about that. what a joke. they're going for the anagram but I think that's dumb and kinda unnecessary actually. :\ Rhajat was also dumb IMO...

Ok this something that actually makes me a little angry when people saying it's the localization's fault for the anagram. The japanese version did it Tiamo -> Matoi, Sallya -> Syalla. So in short fuck Fates in general. *shot*

My favorite crit line currently is Leo's "I will erase you!" or something along those lines. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#6 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:04 AM

All I got from this is horrible flashbacks of Jake in Advance Wars...

Spoiler

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#7 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:41 PM

Matoi is a super Japanese sounding name though. I guess Shara doesn't really seem that Japanese but it's still not something that you have to be good at anglicizing to read in how it's supposedly intentioned...

Of course, this isn't to say that I don't think the Awakening reincarnations aren't completely dumb. GIVE ME A REAL DAUGHTER TSUBAKI.

IRL or...?

I'm not that undaunted by social expectations anymore...though I did wear a blue asuna wig when I was watching SAOII

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#8 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:39 AM

Hans: "You...you killed me!"

...Clearly not, if you're still talking. <<

Were they even TRYING to take this translation seriously?

IUfb9Eg.png

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:12 AM

All I got from this is horrible flashbacks of Jake in Advance Wars...

Spoiler

honestly this seems kind of hilarious LOL I'm kinda motivated to finally beat whatever AW this game is just for the dialog ahahahaha

Matoi is a super Japanese sounding name though. I guess Shara doesn't really seem that Japanese but it's still not something that you have to be good at anglicizing to read in how it's supposedly intentioned...

Of course, this isn't to say that I don't think the Awakening reincarnations aren't completely dumb. GIVE ME A REAL DAUGHTER TSUBAKI.

I'm not that undaunted by social expectations anymore...though I did wear a blue asuna wig when I was watching SAOII

lol aaaaye, the Awakening fan service was real and kinda takes away from it. Like yeah archetypes are one thing but Navarre and Guy and Joshua are all pretty different looking, at least, with their own backgrounds and such... >__>;

and loool hey just asking to be sure, you can do what you want XP but if it's like, actually creepy then keep it to yourself

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 flyingace24

flyingace24

#1 Laker Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:52 AM

Just raged. I had to redo a chapter twice. At the very end with no enemies but the boss, the boss has about 40ish % hit and 2% crit. Guess what. He crits and kills my unit. Restarted and did it again. Same exact scenario; different unit killed. This time I miss my 85% attack that would have killed the boss. Then get killed by a crit. Thanks RNG. Needless to say, I am not playing anymore tonight.

#11 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:10 AM

Just raged. I had to redo a chapter twice. At the very end with no enemies but the boss, the boss has about 40ish % hit and 2% crit. Guess what. He crits and kills my unit. Restarted and did it again. Same exact scenario; different unit killed. This time I miss my 85% attack that would have killed the boss. Then get killed by a crit. Thanks RNG. Needless to say, I am not playing anymore tonight.

I've heard rumours that the RNG is set upon chapter start.  Did you take approximately the same number of actions?

RedBlue.png

#12 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:47 PM

turns out the rng gods love my archers. I decided to switch to hoshido because nohr was getting annoying with killing my characters off. I was trying to get everyone caught up to the same spot, but weaker characters refused to not die under any circumstances. Specifically the axe wielders. They simply couldn't avoid any hits at all.

#13 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:42 PM

I've heard rumours that the RNG is set upon chapter start.  Did you take approximately the same number of actions?

That's only in lunatic and for levels. It seems to use a different seed so you always get the same level ups in lunatic even if you restart the map. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#14 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:05 AM

That's only in lunatic and for levels. It seems to use a different seed so you always get the same level ups in lunatic even if you restart the map. 

Ah.  Would it be right to assume this would be purely to prevent save scum level up fixing?  A friend of mine did something similar to 5 star everything on FE7...he'd restart levels until he got perfect or near perfect level ups.  He must have restarted the game for a day straight in order to get the perfect Lyn level up on the Prologue.

RedBlue.png

#15 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:45 AM

Why don't enemy units wear armor? I'm sick of seeing men in their underwear. :| Put clothes and armor on, dude. You might actually live if you did.

IUfb9Eg.png

#16 flyingace24

flyingace24

#1 Laker Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:18 AM

I had a switch of RNG luck this time. I made a mistake and forgot to switch my paired units to the stronger one. Kagero had 3HP left and dodged five 70% hits in a row. Thanks RNG!

#17 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:43 PM

I had a switch of RNG luck this time. I made a mistake and forgot to switch my paired units to the stronger one. Kagero had 3HP left and dodged five 70% hits in a row. Thanks RNG!

I had that happen with Kaze once. Every-so-often the game DOES throw you a bone, thankfully.

Ugh why is End of All not in my Theater? I BEAT THE GAME, DANGIT. I DESERVE TO HAVE THE FINAL CHAPTER THEME IN MY THEATER FOR LISTENING WHILE I'M AT SCHOOL.

Maybe it's because I accidentally saved over my Hoshido file thanks to the game not being able to remember which file I saved to. <_<

Also, game? That is NOT A WOLF. Stop calling it a wolf!

IUfb9Eg.png

#18 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:16 PM

Holy shit, I just realized that even the DLC scales with you. I was going to jump in there to go grind out some support levels while this Master Ninja I caught takes his time thinking about joining or not and suddenly there are these super strong sword/spearmasters all over the place.

Too bad they're all invisible soldiers since that means I can't recruit any of them, though.

#19 Nephinel

Nephinel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:22 PM

So if Awakening was Waifu Emblem

I guess that makes Fates Husbando Emblem then?

btw this is a completely serious post

#20 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:51 PM

Holy shit, I just realized that even the DLC scales with you. I was going to jump in there to go grind out some support levels while this Master Ninja I caught takes his time thinking about joining or not and suddenly there are these super strong sword/spearmasters all over the place.

Too bad they're all invisible soldiers since that means I can't recruit any of them, though.

Yeah, they do. And in Before Awakening, the NPC units scale too, somewhat.

The scaling means that you can easily leave player units as unplayable characters if you neglect them. Which sucks.

The arena scales as well, I've noticed. Enter with an unpromoted unit and you'll face unpromoted units. Enter with a promoted one, however...

IUfb9Eg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users