Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Tsunami in Japan

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Ridge

Ridge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:51 PM

There was a tsunami in Japan, in case you haven't heard about it. Some idiots are saying that they deserved it because they're "killing whales and dolphins" and they bombed Pearl Harbor and stuff.

What close-minded pieces of crap.

"Seriously, it's like saying Haiti deserved its earthquake and cholera for being black voodoo practitioners (not being prejudice, it IS more popular there. some might see it as 100% voodoo)." - Brandon (my friend)

Natural disasters aren't anyone's fault, and nobody deserves it, hence the word "natural". What do you guys think?

EDIT: Also, this is a Failbook post on ignorance regarding the tsunami. Tsunami in Japan: A Wave of Ignorance
My YouTube Channel - TheCobaltPhoenix

Hey, I'm Ridge. That's actually my first name, too.

user posted image
user posted image

#2 Sleipnir36

Sleipnir36

100% custom made!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, member of "Friends of the Earth International", reading, writing, swiming and more....

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:24 PM

Japan can survive earthquakes and tsunamis without suffering too mutch due to his high technology standarts, but the lack in the nuclear power plant can give deep problems, if the hole will not be fixed.
(Begin): Read this if you want to know, how to entertain a idiot for ten minutes.(Go to begin)

#3 Swordsalmon

Swordsalmon

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:45 PM

Some idiots are saying that they deserved it because they're "killing whales and dolphins" and they bombed Pearl Harbor and stuff.

That's why you don't read Yahoo comments. wink.gif

Over one-thousand people are believed to be dead, and thousands more missing. It ain't good there. Japan will definitely make it through this, however.

#4 Ridge

Ridge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:54 PM

While I'm sure Japan will make it through this, I'm disappointed with stupidity everywhere on the internet regarding this. Plus, as Sleipnir36 stated, the repercussions from the tsunami should be pretty bad.

user posted image
user posted image

#5 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Being possibly the most awesome person in the world would be my interests, yes.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

Lol I had huge mixed emotions on this.

So first. I go onto Yahoo yesterday to check my mail. Then I see this shit. And Imma like

"HOLY ****. ARE YOSHI AND THE GRANDKIDS 'ALRIGHT""

Cuz we like have what you call "friends" there, amirite. Turns out they're probably okay, but I can't contact her, and mom hasn't made an effort to call her yet, mainly because she's on the safest part of the island basically although sometimes I wish mom would show a wee bit of courtesy, as a gesture amirite

But no. Nobody told me that until I got home from school. So I'm worried the hell out cuz I'm thinking this whole time that they might have gotten hurt. Turns out she's okay probs and mom's other Japanese friends are okay too, which were closer to the epicenter.

But then I see the stuff on tv and I'm all saddened and stuff because its absolutely horrific. And I feel really bad. And then. And then. AND THEN I SEE THIS.

"So then what's the big deal". On a fairly respectable forum mind you.

AND THEN I'M LIKE RAGE RAGE RAGE

I COULDN'T GO TO SLEEP CUZ OF THE RAEG

AND I WAS STILL RAGING THIS MORNING

I DIDN'T GET SLEEP CUZ I WAS IN RAEG

THEN THE NEWS STATIONS KEEP MAKING STUPID COMPARISONS TO CHERNOBYL

THEN IMMA LIKE MOAR RAEG

Then I took a nap and now I feel better. I still feel bad about it though.

Totally wish the ****ing news stations didn't give me a ****ing heart attack over everything though. ****in' hell. Oh yeah, and all those racist hicks who say the Japanese deserved it should die in a fire. Seriously, they do realize AMERICAN'S were there too, amirite? And that AMERICANS do actually kinda live in Japan, amirite? ****ing morons.
user posted image

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:30 PM

Honestly ignorant people piss me off. A lot.

It's really terrible what happened. I don't have any friends but I know Japanese people haven't done anything wrong to deserve such a tragedy. I really hope they can get back on their feet and stand strong through this trial. And while I won't lie and say I'm not worried about manga/anime people, I DO realize that there are millions of people there and that this is serious business and we aren't talking about some minor earthquake.

I mean, 8.9? Dang... o_O

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 Tino

Tino

Omega Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:01 AM

I think it's terrible. It's great of course that Japan was reasonably well prepared with its incredible technology, but that doesn't take away that this is horrible for the Japanese people.

I also heard rumors of a second tsunami coming soon. I haven't heard any confirmation yet, though. Let's hope that won't be the case!

#8 Sea Lion

Sea Lion

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:I play rugby and run cross country. Beyond that I act and I read alot.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:46 AM

Actually Blazer, they uped it to a 9.1 earlier today I think.

This is really awful, but like all of you have said, Japan was ready for this. Japan is right on the edge of the Pacific Plate, so they get minor earthquakes all the time. Because of this their their buildings are constructed to resist earthquakes. If you compare the damage done by this earthquake and, say, the earthquake in Hait the damage is very differnt. The buildings aren't lying all over the place, but everything in the streets was torn apart.

#9 DarkMaster11100

DarkMaster11100

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:35 AM

This is very sad for Japan. They lost a LOT of people and due to their high population it was more than people expect. There have been a lot of random natural disasters and I hope it doesn't continue. It is even coming without any warning. More and more random natural disasters are making me think that the 2012 apocalypse theory is real and going to happen. Let's pray and hope that no more natural disasters appear again. sad.gif

#10 thedespised2166

thedespised2166

The official Director of Classic Legends...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Super Smash Bros. Brawl<br>FE 6-8, 10<br><br>Animating, chatting with friends, etc.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:34 PM

I feel so sorry for the incident in japan.
So many people were killed during the incident. Why care about "Ooh! When are they going to make more anime?" Or anything else of the matter. What we need to do is help Japan out.
Unlike these dicks. Yes, I said it, but you'd say the same thing just as I did.
user posted image
I know the picture's big, but I just wanted to show how many people don't give a shit about Japan.
Why should there be such ignorant and stubborn people such as these in the world?
The Classic Legends producer is currently working on: Preview
user posted image
Other sigs (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
What Color Are You...?

user posted image
(No it is not the Heath from FE7! It's a character from my series that's similar to him.)

user posted image

#11 George_The_Unseen

George_The_Unseen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:44 PM

^People are seriously using Pearl Harbor as their excuse?

Thats in the past! Its done! and its over with!

People need to stop living in the past... I mean they don't have to

donate anything but stop being rude and grow up....

And think about it... We get most of our technology from Japan.. And if

Japan blows over (Not saying it will...) We probably will lose all of our

technology... (Not sayng I only care about Japan for their technology...
I'm actually worried about the people...)

EDIT: By the way the people who said that stuff on facebook probably were never alive when Pearl Harbor happened...
user posted image

#12 Sleipnir36

Sleipnir36

100% custom made!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, member of &quot;Friends of the Earth International&quot;, reading, writing, swiming and more....

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

These loosers from Despised coulage representate everything what everyone outside thinks about the USA: no general knowledge about anything, blind nationalism, typical "we're better than you" attitude imported from the old europe of the 18th century and general stupidism. dry.gif Also USA triggered the attack to Pearl Harbor ca. 140 years (from 2011) ago with the influrence of their "better" zivilisation and their forced opening of Japan for the international market, just as a notiz.

We better should shut down as many nuclear power plants as fast as possible to prevent cataclysm like in Nagashima and support the researcing of regenerative energy tecniques and protest against the supporter of these dangerous energy forms, like I did last saturday with 60000 other people.
(Begin): Read this if you want to know, how to entertain a idiot for ten minutes.(Go to begin)

#13 Soviet Comrade

Soviet Comrade

Mega Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:???????????? ??????????

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:58 PM

Oh my God. Americans. Not all of you, of course, but when your educational institutions result in the above messages...that's just bad.
Pretty sure Japanese helicopters went to help after Hurricane Katrina crashed on your doorstep, so to speak. But saying "Japan nuked pearl harbor, they deserve it"...the only cure for your stupidity is death.

#14 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Being possibly the most awesome person in the world would be my interests, yes.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:23 PM

I hate being a member of a country so full of biggots. This event ****ing worried the shit out of me, I'm glad everyone we know is alright but I'm still quite upset about it. Worst part? I heard kids at school, ****ing KIDS AT SCHOOL making fun of this like this was some sort of joke.

Those comments comparing Hiroshima and Nagasaki to some sort of scoreboard make me want to punch something. Seriously, that ****ing cuts deep, especially if you lived there. Do these people realize that Americans live in Japan too? OH MY GOD *rips out someones hair*
user posted image

#15 Ridge

Ridge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:22 AM

Interesting how no one mentioned the NUCLEAR BOMBS AND THE KILLING OF MILLIONS, NOT TO MENTION THE NUCLEAR RADIATION AFTERWARDS.

But yeah. Insensitive idiots.

user posted image
user posted image

#16 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts
  • Location:On your mom's bed. Under the covers with your mom. Showing off. My glow in the dark watch.

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (Ridge @ Mar 12 2011, 12:51 PM)
There was a tsunami in Japan, in case you haven't heard about it. Some idiots are saying that they deserved it because they're "killing whales and dolphins"

Actually, Japanese sailors( IIRC correctly) kill about 23,000 dolphins and whales each year. Just saying. :\

http://www.takepart....e-hunting/13814
user posted image

I won't remove this until I have gotten an overkill extermination in Halo MLG.-started August 13, 2010, 8-13-2010 Got it on December 18, 2010! WOOT!
I won't remove this until I get a killtacular in Halo MLG- Started December 29, 2010.
Bloodfalcon22-pokemanzz cnt dye
FELover3- If I beat the shit out of them they do

Rujio -- Cows are more important than anything.
Rujio -- ANYTHING

Blood Falcon -- Hey bblues, are you able to ban the GoogleBot?
bblues -- I don't think so.
Blood Falcon -- Damn, lol.
bblues -- He's above the law : P

QUOTE (Grey_Tensho @ March 10, 2010 04:07 pm)
Bloodfalcon is as crazy over copyright as youtube is lol.

#17 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:41 PM

But that's like saying that the US deserves to have a major catastrophic event occur to them because we eat 45.5+ million tonnes of fish annually. :/

Nobody deserves anything like that, really.
user posted image

#18 thedespised2166

thedespised2166

The official Director of Classic Legends...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Super Smash Bros. Brawl<br>FE 6-8, 10<br><br>Animating, chatting with friends, etc.

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (*MARPH* - King of Spamland)
Nobody deserves anything like that, really.

Agreed.

It doesn't matter weather they ate Whales & Dolphins or any other food. OR that the bombed Pearl Harbor either.
It only matters that they're just as alive and well as us. It's like... show some common courtesy or something for them.
The Classic Legends producer is currently working on: Preview
user posted image
Other sigs (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
What Color Are You...?

user posted image
(No it is not the Heath from FE7! It's a character from my series that's similar to him.)

user posted image

#19 Swordsalmon

Swordsalmon

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Ridge @ Mar 13 2011, 07:22 PM)
Interesting how no one mentioned the NUCLEAR BOMBS AND THE KILLING OF MILLIONS, NOT TO MENTION THE NUCLEAR RADIATION AFTERWARDS.

But yeah. Insensitive idiots.

The bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki actually produced less casualties than a conventional bombing run. :/

Also, Imperial Japan was responsible for the greatest loss of civilian life out of any nation in recorded history. Just saying; Pearl Harbor was nothing compared to say, Nanking. Though that really doesn't matter much, because it's better to help out our mordern ally now.

Which is why we have two carriers in Japan at this very moment to help in the aid efforts.

These loosers from Despised coulage representate everything what everyone outside thinks about the USA: no general knowledge about anything, blind nationalism, typical "we're better than you" attitude imported from the old europe of the 18th century and general stupidism.

Generalized stereotypes of Americans by those so-called 'cultured' Europeans. We do have such people, but they aren't as common as people think. :/

#20 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:dingleberries

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:56 PM

I laughed at the moron who said "They started WWII" Um no, that was the Nazi's you stupid ****.
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users